Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #121  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . . I'm still feeling down . . . my exercising is down too; all the way to non-existent . . . the only thing not on a downswing is my eating. Luckily I don't have any really junky stuff to eat in the house but I sure can overdo it on the healthy stuff (about 2300 calories yesterday).

Glad you are feeling better, Beth. And congratulations on the loss.

The quilt is lovely, Cheryl. How did you come up with the name?

Oh, Rosey. Housework is probably the only thing that could make me feel worse than I already do. That's really depressing. So sorry.

Glad you had a good day, Brandy. Put the actions of those idiots behind you. Look at the good side, I bet you never leave your purse in the car again. Another one of those little 'life-lessons'.

Have a good day, everybody. Keep moving and shaking. See you soon. And I will myself into a better mood, really soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #122  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, Crafty-ones . . . wherever you are?

Still no sunshine around here, but I am definitely in better humour although a little tired since I didn't sleep well. Yesterday finished up a lot better than it started. Calories finished up at about 1400, so my two day average is just about on track. Exercise consisted of only some mall-crawling, but every little bit helps.

Not expecting anything too exciting on the work-project front today. I hope. So maybe I'll even get some time with the quilted clothing projects that have been ignored too much this week.

Have a good day, gang. Keep it moving and shaking and you'll stay headed in the right direction . . . downward. See you soon.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #123  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi all-I haven't been very crafty this week. I did get some weeding done today, and my exercise has been up there. I don't like to make things when I'm in a bad mood, and I'm still adjusting to all the feelings that go along with the vandalizm/theft. The thoughts in my head are better not to be expressed in a permanent item.

meowee-good job with your calorie counting. Did you find anything cool on the mall-crawl? I love shopping even if its just window shopping. In fact, I have more fun if I don't have anything I really need to find.

Hope everyone had a great Friday!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #124  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody.

It was a beautiful morning, but this afternoon, it has clouded over again and it's getting cooler. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Finally got some sewing done. Switched over to piecing the squares to make the yardage for my jacket. Its the first project I've tried using the "stack and whack" method and I'm not too sure I really like it. A bit too 'random' for my taste or something. Hopefully I'll like it better once it is actually together.

Brandy . . . I never do any crafting when I don't feel good - either physically or emotionally - things just never work out right. I think the way you said it really expresses your true artistic nature. Hopefully your thoughts will be worthy of permanence again really soon.

Cheryl . . . Where are you hiding. Happy Birthday. Hope it's a great day.

Well think I'll start piecing the rows for my yardage. Have a great day, all. Keep moving and shaking and heading in that great downward direction. See you soon.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #125  
used to be tofat

I went and watched my hubby compete in a dualthalon this morning. He did really well. It was a pretty morning too. A little chilly but bright and sunny. We did lots of errands and then I hoed the garden for 2 hours. I'm definetly counting that as a workout! I am sore in my back and arms.

meowee-Glad you got some sewing into your busy schedule. I cant wait to see a picture of those jackets!

Cheryl- Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great one.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #126  

Hi!

Thought I'd better check in. I was gone yesterday and most of today. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a pretty nice birthday. Out for lunch with my husband and then I went to the movies with my friend. Saw Mission Impossible 3. It was pretty good.

Sewed on my quilt this morning, got the last boarder on. Now I'm ready to sew the kids on. Went to the fabric shop this afternoon, bought the fabrics I need to make a baby quilt for my new grandchild that is expected in Oct. Also bought the fabric I needed for the kids body parts. I still need a couple more shades, but have to go to Fargo to find them.

Linda...Minnesota Blizzard was the name of the pattern. Glad you are feeling better and getting some sewing done.

Brandy...I don't work on any projects when I am upset or not feeling well. I end up ripping out more than sewing, then I'm really in a bad mood.

Beautiful weather here today, we are 78. I got out and got a walk in, felt good. Have a good weekend.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #127  

Hi gang...Has not been a good day for me. I burnt the roof of my mouth and it hurts like you can't believe. Cold water even makes it hurt. Can't believe some of the stupid things I do.

Got home from church and decided to clean the house so I can goof off and sew tomorrow. I'd rather sew than do anything else if you get right down to it!

Beautiful weather here today. We were 80, but now the sky is looking a little green. We are under a sever thunderstorm watch. Just so we have no tornado's that decide to pay a visit, I'll be happy.

Have a great evening.

Cheryl
Old 05-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #128  
Onward and Downward

Looks like I'm following you around again, Cheryl. So sorry you burned the roof of your mouth . . .and they tell us carrots are good for us.

I'll have to get and learn how to use a digital camera, before I can post any pictures, Brandy. But it is one of the things on my wish list.

Nice and sunny and relatively cool around Nova Scotia today. That's the kind of weather I love. Supposed to continue much the same for a couple of days. Got a fair bit done on the quilted clothing projects today. Tomorrow it will be back to the old work-project. With a small side trip to the mall because I broke the carafe to my coffee maker last night and although I really like a good cup of tea, I'll start craving coffee if I know I can't have it.

Keep being crafty ladies. See you soon.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #129  
used to be tofat

Hope you got your carafe replaced! I don't think I can function without my cup of joe-sure don't want to test this out.

My weekend was lots of fun, but not good eating wise. I'm back on track for the week though. Got 2 hours of workout in, but I still want to try a 15 minute run. I think I lost my motivation somewhere between deciding to try it and actually doing it.

Well, I'm off. I hope you're having a great start to your week.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #130  
Onward and Downward

Hi Brandy . . . wonder where everyone else is hiding?

Spent most of my day in a little town about 50 miles away . . . periodontist (never a fun time) followed by lunch (fish and chips, oh bad, but I only ate 1/2; my stomach just didn't want all that grease since it's gotten used to better food) and shopping with a friend.

Probably would have made a better lunch choice if the old scale- had been a little nicer this morning. First he told me up 2, then I had a big (well, you know) and thought I'd try again so then he said up another 2 for a total of plus 4. Now I know that really isn't possible and it's just water-weight or something, but it's still depressing. I refuse to move my ticker . . . it just cannot go in that direction. Hopefully everything will be fine by next week as long as I stay in control. And I will.

At least I got the coffee situation under control . . . couldn't find a carafe for my old machine so I bought a whole new coffee maker, but a fairly cheap one. I'm drinking its first cup of coffee as I type. Not too bad, but I don't think it extracts as well as the old one, so it may need a little more coffee for the same amount of water. But it sure tastes good after almost two days without any.

My friend is looking for a dress for her youngest son's wedding in July and there is just nothing out there. . . everything is too casual looking for the Mother of the Groom even though it is a summer wedding. She's sort of hinting around about how she wished she could sew like me . . . but so far I haven't taken the bait. I've just got too much else on my plate right now, but I'll probably weaken.

Have a good evening everybody . . . wherever you are and whatever you do. See you soon.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 PM   #131  
Onward and Downward

Where are you, gang . . . I haven't had any crafting time today and I need to read about your projects to be able to get a little vicarious "fix".
Old 05-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #132  
used to be tofat

No crafting for me except for the polymer clay/ wire work bookmark I finished in class Tues. and a simple restring of a necklace for a friend. We played a softball game in the pouring rain today. It started coming in torrents in the middle of the first inning. At mid 3rd inning, we got delayed cuz of lightening, but then did get to finish. We were all completely soaked (we're talking wring out drenched) and freezing, but we really had a blast. It was a close game, and we ended up losing by 1 run, but we played well so its ok. I also did a hard spinning class this morning, but then came home and pigged out. I hate it when I do that. The good thing is that I was able to stop myself and get back on track for the rest of the day.

meowee-I have an extra baseball bat you can borrow to take care of that scale! Glad you got your back-thats a necessity in my house. I get a little cranky without it!

See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #133  

Morning ladies,

Been down in the dumps the last couple of days. hopefully I'll pull myself out and start feeling like my old self again I have done nothing but attend meeting since Monday, when I don't feel like doing anything but stay home. Haven't done any sewing, but with the mood I'm in, I'd be doing more ripping out than sewing, which would just put me in a worse mood. I did go through my fabric stash yesterday and pull out fabric for the clothes for the kids. I also cut out the templates to make them.
Had my weigh in yesterday, and my scales said 338.4. Half hour later, I'd weighed at WW and their's said 342.3. It really discourages me with that much of a difference! I've decided for my own peace of mind, I'm only going to go by my scales for now on. Also think I'm only going to do WW meetings for another 2 months and then just get the support I need from you and put that $11.00 a week in a kitty for something special.
Linda and Brandy, I hope you both have a teriffic day.

Cheryl
Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #134  
Onward and Downward

Brandy . . . Congratulations on both the game win and the pig-out stoppage. Way to go, girl.

Cheryl . . . Absolutely right about sticking to only one scale. Personally I have to agree that's a lot of money for somebody to weigh you every week. For those who enjoy the whole go-to-meeting thing I guess it's well spent.

No crafting for me either, but only because I've been so busy with other junk. Looks like that will be slowing down for a week or two, so I hope to get going with the projects again.

Anyway, girls, keep moving and shaking and I'll be talking to you again soon.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #135  
Onward and Downward

Come out and play, ladies . . . it's lonely in here.

Actually I've had a 'funny' day. Haven't done much of anything, it seems, but I'm totally worn out by it. At least it has been a gorgeous sunny day with temperatures in the mid-60's. Wish it could be like this all the time, all year. But guess that would get boring after a time.

Well I'd better get back to doing a lot of nothing. See you soon.