Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Katy - the village looks like a lot of fun, and the hotel seems very nice, too. I really want to stay south for Marti's sake.

I've been checking out flights and can't seem to get one that won't have me on a plane for 4+ hours at a time, without a 6am departure from Portland on Sunday. After my recent flight of just over 2 hours each way, 4 hours seems waaaay too long cramped in those little seats with no leg room. I'll keep checking, though. If I can connect in Denver, I think it would work out.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #47  
kitty Momo

http://www.japanesegarden.com/

Japanese Garden link. It would be my top choice (after the zoo and coast and mountains and scarfing elephanat ears and Multnomah Falls (*remember Ang - we went there????) to see........

and the village is an wonderful toy store for all the gradchildren and children in our lives.....
Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

A lot of idea's going around here. All good. I don't know Portland well, so the easiest way to get there w/no traffic would be best for me. (I don't drive well in busy traffic)

Anyone have idea's of just a meeting place to spend a few hours getting to know each other???

The zoo and museums all sound fun, did the zoo many times, but I would like to find a place that we could just pretty much get to know each while having lunch or coffee or what have you.

Portland gals......whats up there?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #49  
kitty Momo

http://www.multnomahfallslodge.com/

It has a lovely lodge we can eat at and there is a .....ummmm...... hill we can climb to burn the calories off and a lovely bathroom with a telephone in it.....Ang can vouch for that haha
Be a nice place to visit and I can take 3 others in my car since it is 30 odd minutes east of Portland.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-09-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #50  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan you aren't going to believe this, was cleaning out my armour in my bedroom and came across the postcards from there....
that was a great place...very beautiful
Old 03-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #51  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

GREAT ideas ladies!

Like the look of the village KATY.

SUSAN...either place looks nice to me. Will definitely have to see the Japanese Garden for sure. The Lodge looks like a nice place to meet too.

Okay, do most places, Museums, etc. have eating places? What about the Gardens, do they? I know the ones here do so we could kill two birds with one stone, actually three. See a sight, then sit and eat and talk. Or maybe meet for breakfast somewhere and then start the day looking at whatever. Or see something and then have lunch, or....heck I don't know. Maybe we sould just throw all the ideas in a hat (except the Zoo-know no one wants to go there) and draw a winner, lol! Just waiting to see what everyone comes up with then I will plan my week from there. Still waiting for the visitors info in the mail, probably be another week or so.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #52  
RosieKate

Here's a little FYI...
My DD's preschool fundraising auction is this weekend and I noticed that one of the items is 4 passes to the Japanese garden

http://www.japanesegarden.com/home.html

I'm going to try to get them, 'cause they'll probably be less than market value. I'll save them for us, if we want to do that while everyone is in town. If not, that's ok, I can take my family at another time. I'll let you know if I won them after Saturday.

I'll try to keep an eye out for other outing-type things. These silent auctions are great places to get these kind of things cheap.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #53  
One day at a time

That's awesome KATY! Wishing you luck that you win them!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-18-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:16 PM   #54  
One day at a time

***bump***
Old 03-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #55  
RosieKate

no such luck....auction was last night. I arrived late, as I had to attend a funeral in the afternoon. David said that someone went through and placed market bids on many of the outing items....bleh. No point in paying OVER market value - don't care if it's "for the kids" :snicker:

Oh - fundraising auctions just bring out the best don't they? So I didn't get cheap tickets to the Japanese garden. I haven't been there in about 13 years, so would love to go if anyone else wants to. I'm up for anything really.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #56  
One day at a time

Sorry Katy...also, (((((hugs))))) to you. The funeral you attended...was this the lady from church? I would love to meet at the Japanese Garden though...I think it looks like a BEAUTIFUL place! And it is on my list of places to see in Portland.

Anyone else? Any ideas on where you all want to meet?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #57  
GmaTo8

Cristina - I'd like to meet at the hotel. As I mentioned before, if we stay south of town, Marti won't have to get in the traffic that scares her.

I still haven't found a flight that I'm willing to take at this point. Have any of you heard of Pioneer airlines? They have a flight that stops over at Denver.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #58  
One day at a time

JANA...meeting at the hotel would be fine, but what after that? Or is that the plan...just to visit at the hotel for the weekend? Don't really care where we meet, but would like to know so if anyone wants to meet any special place...I would rather not see something twice.

MARTI...any ideas from you? I know you mentioned meeting somewhere to sit and eat and talk. Have you given much thought about it/where? And what about the Village that was suggested? What do you think about that? Just wondering and trying to get a feel for what you are up to doing.

Well, maybe during the week Katy and Susan if you guys are game we could visit the garden or something. Angie, will you be going? Don't want to forget you.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #59  
GmaTo8

Cristina - Jana?? Tee hee. I didn't mean we should stay at the hotel for the whole weekend, just meant that would be a good place to sit and visit and chat as Marti suggested, especially as we would be arriving at different times. Wouldn't we be staying at the same hotel?

I want to see some of the sights, too. Especially the book store, and Multnomah Village.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #60  
kitty Momo

I will have to go look at the link and see where this hotel is located. We can always "convoy" (remember the 70's......all those songs about truckers and such?? mmmmm, nevah mind......the word convoy brought that to my *mind*....scary, huh??? haha)

anywho......yes, the stress is getting to me!!!

Marti is always welcome to ride with me if she wants. I am a wonderful driver!! I was only last stopped for speeding last Friday and only 2 major accidents.....(it wasn't my fault! )lol

anyway.....I am up for the gardens and coast Cristi so I will take a week off and show whoever around that whats to be shown around.....lol.....whatEVER total loon in Portland.

Adios!!
Closed Thread