Old 01-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #91  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i can't imagine all that age group wanting to see him and all the fogies not able to go???? is that what happened with the tickets??were you supposed to go?? don't mind me----------remember---of all the things i've lost,i miss my mind the most.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 01:03 PM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh don't worry, I don't remember anything either. Yeah, we were all supposed to go, 8 kids and 5 adults. The person who bought the tickets didn't realize they were serious about the 8 ticket limit, and when the site allowed her to go ahead and purchase 5 more, she figured it was okay. When the tickets came in the mail, they informed her that the other 5 tickets were pulled, so of course it was too late by then to get anymore for the same show. We are still speaking to her, which should tell you how very mature we all are... I thought it was funny that the kids were so hot to see Billy Joel too. But last year in show choir they performed a medley of Billy Joel songs and these were the kids involved. 3 of them were the award winning rhythm section (DD's bf was the piano player), DD and 2 others had solos and the rest sang and danced in it too. So I suppose they have a special interest.

I've got to scout out some activities and restaurants in Boston for tomorrow.

And then I have to take my poor little puppy to the vet for boarding. When she comes home she will be a neuter, poor dear. She has no idea. I bought her a ball for outdoors yesterday. She punctured it already Apparently it wasn't big enough or inflated enough. I'll have to wait until they put out the summer toys and get her a big one that hopefully she can't get her big mouth around...

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #93  

Cowpernia, I deleted my post. Sorry

Kiwi, I'm watching this dog agility show, and your belguim sheepie "Blazer" is kicking tail.

Have fun in Bastin... a fun town with lots to do...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

Hey, Shotsy. Really your post wasn't offensive. I'm just trying to say that if I come here and say I have a crush on my mailman, hate a certain book, think the woman at Walmart with the pigtails is stupid ... I wouldn't want that shared on my blog as people I know in real life read that. I can say more here and they don't know I come here .. I hope. (one of my friends owns the book store .. hence the book reference)
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 PM   #95  
loves kleenex box art

Have to mention that I have now seen the Wabby picture. (I have technically savvy friends ... names start with S) Wabbo is WAY WAY CUTE!!! Just adborable and her dh looks like somebody you wouldn't mind spending a lifetime or 2 with.

Now I want to see a picture of Shots. Just a face picture will do. You've seen all us I think.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #96  
loves kleenex box art

I will continue talking to myself. My ex just called. He called to talk to DS but DS is at work so ex starts getting chatty with me. His way of chatting is to ask questions and after he quit accepting "Nothing" as the answer, the answer became "It's none of your business." He found THAT offensive. I said he was prying.

But .. I was thinking about this woman on NPR who said that men are more direct except in certain circumstances like apologizing. The other day in Tampa in the busy traffic, a horn blew and a car pulled on the left of us. We were at a light. Another car pulled up on the right, window goes down and a VERY CUTE guy starts yelling, "I said it was an accident b----." He gets out, leaves his door wide open, crosses in front of us and continues this ... apology by saying "I said it was an accident, you c---. I said it was an accident, b----." He was darling and the look on his face was totally innocent. He really thought she should happy to hear this.

No wonder I don't want DS driving down there. "This is road rage," I said, as I made sure the man wasn't walking back to his car while I drove off.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #97  

Good grief... I start painting and working on WORK for a change and answering WORK emails and you guys get WAY ahead of me. Hope that Peaches has a great college visit trip, in spite of wacko drivers and son in Metrol. Amazingly enough exH managed in California on a motorcycle for many years, and DS managed in DH's sports car for a whole year, which included a snowy winter.

I'm cranky. Depressive Rant Warning:

Did you see the segment on 60 minutes about D. Voight the opera singer? She got bumped out of Covent Garden for being fat (she's an opera singer... if SHE can't be fat... well, you know). any way she did the gastric bypass thing.

Looking at her fat photos, I thought she was beautiful.
Looking at the "thin" photos, I thought she was fat.

I am afraid that no matter how I lose the weight I want to lose, I'd have the same unhelpful reactions. I'm taller than her, don't wear sizes as big as her biggest.. but... BUT WHAT? Why am I SO scared? of even addressing the issue seriously. One of the good things about this forum is that we don't see each other.... So I can only look at the progress sliders and do the math... and of course, lots of people are cagey and only put short term goals down, rather than top weight and goal weight. I "should" weigh 150 pounds less than I do. I even have insurance that is good enough that I think it would be mostly paid for. DH is supportive either way. I think I'm on the verge of doing this...

My thinking was, that since I could have died from breast cancer, but didn't, I might as well give this a whirl. It feels like jumping off a building with no net, parachute or bunjie cord. It feels suicidal.

I don't want to die. I just want to be graceful, fit and pretty. (Notice that healthy doesn't really come in!!)

Bleah. PM's welcome... not sure I really want to be the center of attention, you know? Why do these opportunities just seem like new ways to hurt myself?
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #98  
Member w/ messiest house

Painty, you're talking possible gastric bypass? Any opinion from a doctor yet? I have a close in-law relative who had it about a year or so ago and she did really well with it. Changed her so much physically -- to be honest, it made her "normal". But I think she is now gaining weight. Maybe it's just temporary.

It's one of those drastic measures--I think it's kind of awesome that it exists and has developed into a pretty safe thing. For the right person it can be THE answer.

I hate to say it, but I am starving. I have to eat something before I go to bed or my stomach will growl all night.

We're getting up bright and early and shoving off, despite storm warnings and hopefully without any sick kids (so far, so good). I have been trying to scope out the parking without much luck. I think we're going to pay an arm and a leg to park in the garage under the Fleet Center for the day. I'm seeing $40, and we have 2 cars. Ridiculous. Anyway, I'm also looking at restaurants and things to do in the afternoon. Got some great ideas.

DD requests her favorite restaurant for lunch: Pesce Blue in Portsmouth, and for dinner after we dump the kids off at the concert: my favorite Italian restaurant. In between, I'm thinking of going to visit the Steinway piano store. DD and the bf already said they'd like to do that. Kids these days, eh?

kiwi
Old 01-30-2006, 01:16 AM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Kiwi, I'm watching this dog agility show, and your belguim sheepie "Blazer" is kicking tail..
I KNOW BLAZER!!! WELL, NOT PERSONALLY, BUT HE AND HIS OWNER ARE ON MY BELGIAN DOGGIE E-LIST!!! YEE HAW HOW COOL! GO BLAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #100  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i had something to say-----------i forget----well,anyway--kiwonk,i want to know what you ordered to eat at these places----unfortunatly whenever we go to Boston,i never know where to eat and i always pick the wrong place---i can't even pick the right place to eat in Halifax and i go there all the time-----REGARDING PAINTY!!!!--- my friend's sister in law had gastric bypass--YES,she has lost a lot of weight, BUT BUT BUT!!!--- she is one of the ones who has NOT had a grand time of the side effects----she has problems with nausea and elimination----i am not sure of the extent,but the limits on what and how much you can eat with this surgery are extreme---she is almost on ALL liquid diet due to the complications she is having ----now of course she may be an unusual case,but to me it sounds awful----Oprah's magazine this month has a story on a doctor who lost weight---she booked herself for gastric bypass then changed her mind---i think she ended up at a twelve step program that has helped-----anyway---this is my two cents on the issue--------we actually don't talk THAT much about weight loss on our particular thread----there are probably better threads for that,but DON'T leave us!!! just VISIT other threads!!!!! and YES to your beautiful cats!@!! i can't wait til they are cards!!!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #101  
loves kleenex box art

You are so funny Bagz!! Of course we don't talk about weight loss. We have kids, dogs, husbands, jobs or lack thereof and butcher's wives to talk about. We are well rounded. I have a well rounded belly for example.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #102  

I have a well rounded arse.

Painty, that would be quite a decision to make. Worth investigating, anyway. The health consequences of being overweight is something to consider too. My DD is having such back problems that I've thought of having a discussion with her about the gastric bypass option. She has high bloodpressure at only 25 yrs. old and I just see so many opportunities passing her by because of her weight. I would never pressure her one way or the other, but I think it's something to consider if the benefits outweigh (no pun intended) the risks. Are there any local support groups you could participate in? --- re: the woman who looked beautiful in her befores and not so beautiful in her after photos..... Dr. Phil had a young girl who had undergone GB and had lost 140 of her 270 lbs. I thought she look overweight, but pretty in her befores. Her afters looked anorexic and yet she thought she looked beautiful. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I spent all day Sunday nursing a headache. I was robbed of 1/2 my weekend.

Peach, you didn't mention any strolls on the beach during DS's college visit.

Have fun in Boston, Kiwi! Say hi to my DH's relatives.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

No strolls on the beach. I kept an eye on DS and GF ... or ... was studying the whole time.

I am a nervous wreck today. What should I do? Have a margie?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #104  

Yes Margie time: however, no salt fer cowie...water retention ya know...
Strawberry fer me: Need to get my Fruit in fer the day.

Gastric bypass, or lap band procedures... wow,those are very serious options. Like folks have said, gotta weigh the good and the bad on that kind of commitment. What about a hospital or physician controlled program?

Pernie: sorry no strolls fer ya...I can definitely understand yer angst about DS making a decision based on hormones and sugarplum fairy visions of loooove.. How to handle?
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #105  

I know there are waiting lists and hoops to jump through. It was just really easy to identify with the opera singer. (Wish I could sing like her, too.)

Kiwi.. hope you had fun in Boston... sorry I missed knowing you were going there. DD lives 1 1/2 blocks from Fleet center and could certainly tell you good places in the North End or near Fanueil Hall, etc. Wish I'd had an adventure today.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote