Old 01-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

What? Since when do attics flood? Unless of course you live in N.O.? Basements flood, not attics. Anyway, how many people even have an attic? Of course no one in the south has a basement, I forget why. I think you should have answered that one, "this is a trick question, the attic didn't flood."

I would like to know why stupid Mr. Lee is measuring his lawn in feet times pi? Since when do people use pi as a linear measurement? I object to this question on the grounds that I already had 2 kinds of pie today, at the in-laws where he had dinner. French Silk Chocolate pie which I made myself in honor of DD's early birthday dinner and Pecan pie which DH's sister made for him in honor of his late birthday. We made DD's bf come with him. He was a trooper, although he let go of the dog's leash while he and DD were walking her and she jumped all over an old lady in the street. But still, pie.

By the way, kudos to DS for telling you to go to the testing even though you were late. He smart.

And I'm glad Painty is still here and being kittenish. (I almost said catty, but that would not have quite conveyed my meaning either)

Oh, and I am fine, no longer nauseous you will be happy to know. Or disappointed as the case may be. And my cast-iron plant is okay, not as sore as I expected.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #32  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

good news on the cast iron plant!!!! mine is made out of rubber---in essence 'a rubber plant'---------painty darling!!! aDORable kitty kats!!!! when you are ready,i will be selling your greeting cards at the shop---that will be divine---remember we also LOVE your sheep pics!!!!-----i have heard of French Silk Pie----refresh me!!-----TONIGHT ON PBS THERE IS A A MINI SERIES BEGINNNING!!! I AM EXCITED ABOUT IT---CHECK IT OUT!!!!----http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/bleakhouse/
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #33  

Thanks for the catty/kittenish remarks.
And for those who wondered, a ROAK is Random Act Of Kindness. You've done them, now learn the acronym!!

I got a meme the other day that asked for a favorite food and Silk Pie was one I listed. Can you imagine that one reader didn't know what it was.... Poor dear. and when I googled it, one site had about 150 variants. ooooooooo dreamy.

Baggz... thanks for the second invitation re cards... my DD is kicking me in MY aspidistra on a regular basis. I now know where to find plastic sleeves, cards and low-cost printing. Wheee!!! Cows, fiber friends and flowers will come soon.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week, thank goodness. I plan to have a good one.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #34  
fatter than U

Cool

Oh yes, French Silk Pie recipeeeeeeeeee, please! (Like I need more food!)

It was -8C outside this morning. That's 17.6F!!! Tooooo cold. There's a Russian front coming in this week. I am afraid of slipping on the ice and breaking my rubber plant!

I just love it how my parents keep me informed: My m-i-l (here in D-land) phones my parents (in Vancouver) on Saturday to say hi and my mother tells m-i-l- that my youngest brother is in the hospital with his kidney stones (again - also happened a few years ago) and that s-i-l has such a bad sore throat that she can't possibly look after the 4 yr old Holy Terror so he is at my parents' place for the time being destroying everything. But does anyone tell ME anything? Nooooooo! Hmph.

We're having sushi tonight. Frozen sushi. I may thaw it first. Dh brought home these little frozen rice balls and packages of thinly sliced frozen sushi fish and you just plop one on top of the other and voila! instant sushi.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:00 AM   #35  
fatter than U

Wink

Painty - your cards would sell like hotcakes! They just have that certain something, you know?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #36  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar. Your dinner sounds so .

Painty, after I asked about RAOK I saw the button somewhere and found it was a group of people who do RAOKs for each other. No one else is allowed to join. Not sure I understand how Randon this is.

My little ear hurts. I am blah. I hate that carrot.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:08 PM   #37  

I'm baaaacccckkkkk!!!!!!

I posted a long, decriptive post, telling you all about it, but I'm having a helluva time getting my puter to behave and somehow lost it in cyberspace. I'm going to have to actually call someone to fix this dern machine and rid it of spyware.

This is the short version.... It was fun, I'm fatter 'n ever.

now to see if this will post...
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #38  
fatter than U

Welcome back, Wabby!

Get well soon, Peachy. Germans cut up an onion, fold it up in handkerchief and put in on their ear when they have an earache.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

welcome home wabby babby. Make sure:

1. you go to Sugar's blog and see how bew-ti-full she is.
2. look around to see if shotsy is in your luggage as she disappeared with you.
3. tell us about the people you met and the food you ate and the sights you saw.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #40  

I did check out Sugar's blog and she is absolutely beeeee-uuuuu-teee-fulllllll. Oh to have the lovely creamy complextion that she has. Just loverly.

Schatzi did not stowaway, but I do believe I met a couple of her sisters on the trip. Very funny w/ joisey accents. I'm fat, not because the food onboard was so wonderful, but because the food in port was. We ate shrimp fajitas w/ margaritas the size of fish bowls in Puerto Vallarta, and a thing called the Shrimp Party for 2 in Mazatlan, which was really enough food for 4. Washed it down w/ Pina Coladas. Chicken enchiladas in Cabo San Lucas. More margies. We went on the Jeep Safari in Puerto Vallarta, which was miles and miles of dusty road, a stop at a place to try to sell us Tequilla, and a quick stop at the beach where we were told one beer or bottle water only was included in our tour package. Do not book tours through the cruise line. rip off. It was sunny every day and we had a blast. The friends we went with were a kick..... and it was nice to get home yesterday. My doggies were soooo happy their mommy was back.

Peachy, DH's earache cure from his childhood is to fill a sock w/ salt, microzap it a bit and hold it on your ear.

I've read Sugar's blog, Painty's blog and Kiwi's blog. Did I miss any blogs?

Now for the next month you'll all have to listen to me talk about babies because I should get my grandbaby in less than a month!!!!!!!
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #41  
loves kleenex box art

FILL A WHAT WITH SALT????? THIS SUGGESTION IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!

So ... I have a job interview tomorrow. The people, I'm told, are really really young. I am tired of this age crap. I am also tired of that carrot.

Other things I'm tired of:
1. Autopsy crime dramas
2. My bad cat
3. Driving long distances
4. Teenage attitudes
Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #42  

Here I is! Actually, DH got all that he asked for with this new job offer and he kidnapped me to a BB in Asheville. He even packed my clothes and I had no idea what we were doing!

Wabby welcome back! Sug is absolutely GOHJIS!!!!! Cowie much luck with the exams..Kiwi.. yum on the cake.. Bagz... U done learnt me some new woids

I'll be back later dahlinks
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #43  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Wabbit! We missed you!

It sounds like a great trip! I'm sure Schatzi was on board, she was just too shy to talk to you. Hahahaha. Viva la Margaritas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
good news on the cast iron plant!!!! mine is made out of rubber---in essence 'a rubber plant'--
Mine is made out of lard, which provides a good bit of cushioning. I actually didn't have much soreness in my butt or hip, but apparently it hit me elsewhere -- my back and my abdomen were strangely sore yesterday. I keep slipping on this ice too. I finally got enough ice-melt stuff on the part in front of the steps that I have somewhere I can walk, but now it snowed on top of everything so it's hard to even tell where the ice patches were. Poor Jet is slipping all over the place and going splat. I hope she doesn't hurt herself, but it is kind of funny.

French Silk pie is creamy chocolate, but not the dark pudding-y type. When it's chilled it is light brown and almost the texture of ice cream, and it melts in your mouth. Needless to say, it has no calories, fat or cholesterol. Oh, except for the stick of butter, the sugar, the 2 eggs.... Here's my recipe, Sug. Don't eat it all in one sitting
French Silk Chocolate Pie

½ cup butter or margerine
¾ cup sugar
2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 – 8” baked pie crust

Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until light.
Blend in chocolate and vanilla.
Add eggs one at a time. Beat 3 minutes after
each egg on medium speed.
Turn into pie shell and chill several hours.
May be frozen.
Top with whipped cream if desired.
Serve it chilled or if it's frozen, let it thaw for a little while. Gets too soft if you let it get to room temp.

Speaking of RAOK, my sweet dd did a good deed for a lady at the gas station the other day. The woman locked herself out of her car and DD offered to drive her home (only a few blocks) to pick up her other vehicle. When she got there, her dh had taken the vehicle somewhere, so DD waited while she retrieved another set of keys and then drove her back to the gas station to get her car. Not a big deal, but nice to do. Good thing we live in a small town, though. Would you do that for someone? Depends on where you live, doesn't it?

The sushi sounds cool. Literally.

Which one is your little ear, Peachie? I want to kill that carrot sometimes too.

Don't forget Peachie's blog, Wab.

Kiwi
Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh hi Schatzi! Glad you didn't just disappear into a void. Nice getaway!

Peachie, you don't have to use a handmade sock for this. Don't you have an odd sock around? I do -- I have been hanging onto this really nice comfortable blue and white knee sock that I loved, knowing that one day I would re-discover its mate and life would begin again. Then last week when DH took apart the washer, he found it under it. So of course I washed it with great anticipation, only to find that it was completely eaten up with holes; it's nearly in shreds. I am very sad. I could send you the good one to stick in your ear.

Good luck on the interview. You should probably mention the age difference yourself and let them know they need a wise old crone around. Just kidding...

Kiwi
Old 01-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

Them: Hi, Peaches. Tell us about yourself.

Me: Wow! You guys are really young. You don't play loud music here do you?

That IS very sad about the sock. Can you turn the other one into one of these?

I don't feel good. I have too much to do too.