3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/72245-stop-insanity-weekly-challenge-2-a.html)

mscat816 01-09-2006 10:27 PM

Don't Despair

Sushi - Hang in there. As others have said there can be lots of reasons for that gain - even if you are doing all the right things! Be aware that according one of the top weight loss gurus (can't remember his name) there are four basic steps to weight loss. Eating right, drinking water, exercise, and SLEEP. Check out this article on the subject:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ght-gain_x.htm

I do great on the other 3 but I bet if I could master getting enough sleep it would make a real difference in my metabolism!

Selina :encore: on losing 8lbs since December and :bravo: on having a great week.

Sushi Penguin 01-10-2006 05:55 AM

Thank you so much for the article, Mscat! :) You're such a wonderful leader and inspire me so much. :)

I honestly hope it's the sleep deprivation - so far I haven't been able to get back into a proper sleep routine since Christmas. I haven't been exercising as much as I normally would, partially because of tiredness, but I certainly haven't been eating more. It says in the article "Scientists have found that sleep deprivation increases levels of a hunger hormone and decreases levels of a hormone that makes you feel full." -- that would totally explain why I've been feeling hungry and nearly ravenous around 9-10 am each morning recently.

So let me press my insanity stopping button and go to bed now! :)

Sushi Penguin 01-10-2006 04:50 PM

Mmmm, I got really great sleep last night, and met both of my goals for Monday. :) Feels good. :)

Bonnie, no, I don't record my calories (everything is in kilojoules here, and I can't seem to figure things out), but I have a very set meal plan right now and pretty much eat the same thing and the same quantities each day. I wasn't eating more, apart from one day when I was so hungry at work in the morning that I had to get a sandwich.

mscat816 01-10-2006 07:05 PM

I found this from the Daily Motivator - I think it really speaks to all of us on this thread.

ACTION IN PLACE OF EXCUSES

It is easy to make up excuses to tell to yourself. For you can choose to believe anything you say to yourself.
But what do those excuses accomplish? Where do they take you?

It's easy to use your thinking to rationalize your way out of taking action. Without much effort, you can think of plenty of good, believable reasons for not making the effort.

At some point, though, you must ask yourself this question. Do you want your life to be filled with excuses or with accomplishment?

In fact, each time you catch yourself thinking up an excuse or rationalization, ask yourself that question. Challenge yourself to consciously choose whether or not you wish to accomplish.

When you force yourself to look at it that way, the excuses will begin to look pretty silly and useless. The more you remind yourself of the value of accomplishment, the more you will take action instead of making up excuses.

And the more you take action, the more you will achieve.

-- Ralph Marston

Let us all STOP THE INSANITY of making excuses and instead make accomplishments happen with action!

CindiRella 01-10-2006 07:16 PM

Hello Chicks!!

I am doing well, I got on the scale this am and it went down quite a bit...I am excited!! But it's not weigh in day so I have to stay motivated to keep it from going back up!!! Thanks for all the support about my birthday issue. I did talk to my DH and he knows how upset I was now. I don't know what that means, but we will see.

Today I had an interview with a potential client for childcare services so I did my exercise/heavy duty cleaning spree this morning...I worked up a sweat and I think it paid off!! The interview went well!! I still have some laundry/stair challenges to do tonight. But I am not sleeping well, so I am tired and not sure I'll get to it all!!

You ladies are doing so well, you are a great inspiration to me!! Keep up the good work...we aren't going to be "Fat Chicks" for long!!!

Soon2BFitChick 01-10-2006 09:01 PM

:wave: Ty Bonnie, Mscat, and all of you. I feel way better now that I'm back into the groove, that's for sure! :cb:

Also, I have joined a group called Competitive Weight Loss Challenge on Yahoo. Whoever has the lowest percentage lost on Mondays has to do an extra challenge. The loser this week has to walk 12000 steps including in those at least 200 of which have to be upstairs. You aren't allowed to count them going down for the 200 but they can count for the 12000. I don't care if I lose the competition! I'm still gaining something from it all! Our challenge this week is to drink 64 oz of water each day with an additional 8 oz. for each 20 lbs. we are overweight. So I'm drinking 96 oz. a day now..LOL. Way more than I usually do. But that's good for me! Anyway, he made us a database where all our weights each week can be viewed by us all and also a database thingy called the Golden Closet where we each list items in our closet we are trying to get into (or back into..lol). I listed my fave jeans. Got into those for a minute last year..lol.

Anyhoo, let me know if any of you would like to join up. I think a little competition will get me really moving!!

Hugs!! Selina :D

mscat816 01-12-2006 01:09 AM

Wednesday Night!

Evening ladies (or should I say mornin'?). I found our thread on the second page so I am moving us back up to the top. I hope that because we are getting close to the end of week we are not falling off our resolve.

I didn't get my workout in but I ate well today. It is getting easier and easier to eat regularly and well. :cb: Inspired by the reading I posted I am kicking butt and being in action these last days of this week's challenge - I am having a fantastic scale report on Monday!

Sushi :cheer: for meeting your goals on Monday and for getting better sleep.

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: for Monday and Tuesday's goals. I know that wine has calories but they say a glass a day is actually good for most people.

Cindi :cheer: for that housework workout. Hang tough with holding that scale at bay.

Selina - thanks for the info - some of us might want to take on an additional challenge. Sounds like you are really on track. Keep up the good work - you really inspire us.

I am looking forward to everyone checking in to see how we are doing with our ACTIONs.

phatpanda 01-12-2006 01:26 PM

:D Hello all-

sorry i've been pretty bad with checking in lately...but it sounds like most of us are still on track and we're more than half-way through the week!! woohoo:D i realized...i really don't think i would last if i tried to do anything for longer than a week...i need the variety! already i was thinking of what i want to do next week cause i was sick of what i was doing this week...haha

So, my challenge to study and workout...let's just say i kept half of it...but unexpectedly i kept the WORKOUT portion...haha monday i did 30 mins of my exercise tape and tuesday and wednesday i actually RAN for 30 mins...:carrot: who thought i would still be capable to do that? haha

nevertheless, i must confess...(hey that rhymed!) i am a little too addicted to my scale right now...after working out for 3 days straight i expected at least a lb to go down...but i'm stuck! i've been really good about keeping a food diary and drinking lots of water too..so i feel like i'm doing everything "right" but i'm not seeing any results...i know i just need to push through this and hopefully next week will be better but this is when i just want to be like screw it and go get chinese take out! but I WILL NOT succum to the INSANITY! :nono: I will try harder!!!

mscat :thanks: for keeping this thread up and going and that GREAT article on action in place of excuses! I'm sure you're going to have a FANTASTIC weigh-in on Monday:goodscale

bonnie - hang in there with the calories! fight the temptation as you visit your mom as i'm sure they'll be lots of yummy food around...you sound like you have a solid plan of exercise for the rest of the week so rest up on Sunday and have fun!

selina - that sounds like a really good challenge with tangible goals! i have my "skinny" jeans in the closet too...someday i will fit back into them! and that someday will be in JUNE! :cheer:

everyone - :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: with half of january almost under the belt...i can feel it...we are ALL going to do so WELL this year!!! this is the year of ACTION!

Soon2BFitChick 01-12-2006 01:43 PM

Hi everyone! Well I'm good on it all since Jan.1. I can't believe it. Good on my food, water and steps. Adding in more toning each day too every chance I get, I do more reps or lifts. Can't hurt!

I hope I've lost this week but if I haven't I don't care bc I'm back and I'm losing inches. Every single week I measure myself and I'm finally shrinking again. I'm so glad!

You all are on the ball and that makes this all so much easier! Seeing the example that all of you set each day reminds me that it can be done!

So thanks, girls! :D

Bye for now, gotta run, Selina :wave:

carla49 01-12-2006 04:27 PM

Sorry for the silence, ladies. It just seems like my get-up-and-go got up and went. I'm sure things will improve soon, but meanwhile I'm just lying low and shovelling in fuel. (sad but true...)

It sounds like things are going well for many of you, and maybe if I lurk really consistently I'll catch some of your enthusiasm. :lol: Meanwhile, I sure do wish I could find a Bojangles for dinner. Sounds yummy, and we don't have them here.

Maybe I just need a break from thinking about weight? I've always felt it's important to take a rest along the way to enjoy life and sort of maintain. As long as there's no big gain, that is. And speaking of rests, I think it's time for a nap. :wave:

Sushi Penguin 01-12-2006 04:52 PM

Not much time again... but I've been going to bed on time and sleeping well! :cheer:
So Monday was good, Tuesday good, Wednesday semi-good (made sushi and had to have a bit and it was 9 pm already...), Thursday good again. :)

Bonnie, no time, I'll respond later, but don't worry, it's all ok! :) :hug:

acire 01-12-2006 09:45 PM

I'm loving how I'm feeling. I definitely feel like a whole new person! I'm so proud, I've kept to the exercise and eating right thing! Usually during 'that time of the month', I stop exercising and the whole thing goes to ****, but this week, I toughed it out. 1 more day of exercise and I'm done and moving on to the next week.

Hang in there ladies, let's make all of our wishes come true this year!!!!