3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/72245-stop-insanity-weekly-challenge-2-a.html)

mscat816 01-09-2006 09:31 AM

STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Challenge #2

The object of this thread is to STOP THE INSANITY! of doing the same thing week in and week out to lose weight, expecting different results, and not getting them! We invite you to challenge yourself to establish a new weight loss ACTION each week and repeat it for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you and will make a difference in your weight loss goal - a certain amount of water intake each day, no sweets, a certain amount or kind of exercise a day, etc.

If you don't master the action - take it on another week. Once you have mastered the action, continue that challenge but if you are not losing weight (or inches) STOP THE INSANITY! and up the anty on that goal or take on another. We will weigh in and declare our challenge(s) for the week each Monday. I will award kudos for each day you report success and at the end of the week for total pounds lost.

We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week and keep our personal stories to a minimum.

Let's see how much we can lose by Valentine's Day!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

dgpebbles 01-09-2006 09:48 AM

morning Ladies...well I'm down 1lb...I think I'm gaining leg muscle from riding bike which is one reason my loss in low....my goal for this week is to ride bike 6 days and add at least 3 days of weight training..I would like to lose 2lbs this week...

How are all of my other friends here doing?

Good luck everyone

phatpanda 01-09-2006 10:31 AM

well...considering that i only did my exercise tape for half of the week and then over the weekend went downhill on what i was eating...the fact that i went down 1 lb makes me happy:)

although, now i need really start pushing myself! i've decided to take my LSAT's this year so to motivate me on multiple levels and make sure i don't use "studying" as an excuse to not workout and stay active, this week my EXTREME challenge is for every 2 hours I study, I will exercise 30 mins that day! I would like to do this at least 4/7 this week! whew! i am definitely going to need some support on this ladies. but the LSAT's are on 6/12 and my birthday is 6/13!!! I would love to ROCK the test AND feel and look amazing on my birthday!!! so with this double incentive I am really going to try hard to push myself and stay disciplined!

Just as a general comment, I must say I really do appreciate all the honesty that is on this thread and just reading how you ladies are doing keeps me going...best of luck to everyone on their challenge this week!!:D

CindiRella 01-09-2006 11:29 AM

I lost 2 pounds, which could be worse considering.

I am kinda blah...I got NOTHING for my birthday yesterday. I am trying to not let it bother me, I am 39, not 10...but nothing? This is a time I could let food be my friend, but I am hoping that you all will fill that gap. My birthday is the same day every year...they knew it was coming. My step son whose birthday was the day before sure didn't get forgotten, but of course that was my doing. Sorry for whining, I'll move on now:(

WTG on the Onderland, Bonnie!!

WTG on losing 1 pound to Donna and Phatpanda!

I am going to continue to increase my exercise and that is the only goal I have at this point. I have been attempting to run my stairs, there are 12 stairs to my basement and I have been running them twice each time I go get laundry! They are kinda steep, too. I will add another run as this becomes easier. I want to go to the gym 3 times this week as well. I hope this week goes better than last!

Let's have a great week, ladies!!!!:carrot:

carla49 01-09-2006 12:08 PM

Cindi, I don't care if you're 39 or 99, it's not right to get zip on your birthday. And it's not like you're living alone on a desert island with cats who have no pocket money... I think when you're in a calm mood, you might want to make it clear to EVERYONE that you deserve and expect to be treated with respect and consideration, and that even if diamonds are out of the question, a single red rose and a candlelit dinner (for instance) would show that you are loved and appreciated. Maybe that could be your birthday gift to yourself, a demand for the respect you deserve. I'll get off my :soap: now. It just makes my blood boil to see these little acts of cruelty and selfishness. How's about a :grouphug: from your sisters here at Insanity central? (Sorry - make that Stop the Insanity ..

Congrats to all on pounds lost. I forgot to mention mine - 2.5 lbs, but that's over two weeks, I think.

acire 01-09-2006 04:42 PM

Excited!!!

I'm down 3.6 pounds from 215 to 211.4. Woot!!:carrot:
I'm definitely gonna keep doing what I'm doing. Only 11.5 to go to be in Onederland!!

Sushi Penguin 01-09-2006 04:46 PM

I'm up over 2 pounds!!! Eeek! Whyyyyyyyyyy? :cry:
Could being very very very tired and not getting enough sleep make you weigh more...?

Not much time again, so just posting my challenge for this week quickly:
no food after 7 pm and to be in bed by 10:30 pm with lights off.

On Monday food was good, but I could not get to sleep until 2 am or so. :(

mscat816 01-09-2006 04:49 PM

Kudos for Last Week

Last week we had a number of participants "Stop the Insanity" with their weight loss goals and it showed up on the scales!

Cindi :cp: and down 2lbs :encore: and a Happy Birthday :balloons: :hat: :woo: to boot!
acire - :cp: :cp: and 3.6lbs down :encore:
Cat - :cp: :cp: and down 2lbs! :encore:
happy - :cp: :cp: :cp:
Sushi - :cp: :cp: :cp:
pebbles - :cp: :cp: :cp: and down 1lb! :encore:
phatpanda :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: and down 1lb :encore:
Selina :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:
carla - :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: and 2.5 lbs down :encore:

and our Queen of Stop the Insanity . . .
Bonnie :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: for 5 days of exercise and 2 days of walking and 7lbs down :encore: :bravo: :encore:

If I missed anyone or forgot a day of :cp: - let me know. I try to go back and recap from the previous posts who did what but I am not always accurate. Let's stretch our goals so that everyone reports a loss next Monday! What an awesome group of WOW (Women of Wonder) we are. Your goals for the next week sound great.

Soon2BFitChick 01-09-2006 06:51 PM

Hi ladies! :wave:

Congrats on all the losses! Woohoo! I'm down 8 lbs. from Dec. 30th. But I know it was lots of salt, etc. like Bonnie said about hers. So now I'm 218, thank God! :D

I made my week work! Good on food, water, steps (even when I had to go alone at 11pm), and meditation and breathing. Also I did ok on my toning stuff too. Hope next weeks goes as well.

Panda, good luck on ur studying stuff! I know what you mean about being so busy you have to force yourself to find time to exercise.

Bonnie, woohoo! Yayyyy! Onederland, I'm soooo jealous! But also really happy for you girly! :cb:

Cindi, I'm so sorry about your bday. So far it hasn't happened here, but heaven help my loved ones if they don't even send a card over. Geez! I'm with Carla, tell them it hurt your feelings and I bet it wouldn't happen again. Sometimes ppl just take us for granted. It's up to us to correct the situation if we want to see a change. Good luck with the chat~ (assuming you wanna take our advice. You definitely don't have to. We just think you deserve more considering all that you do for everyone else.) :cp:

Hiya to pebbles, mscat, and everyone here. Great week u guys.. let's keep at it. I am sore from diving back in but I know I'll get used to it all.

Hugs! Selina :D

acire 01-09-2006 08:46 PM

mscat, the chairperson of the Stop the insanity... you're doing a great job in motivation!!

and Bonnie!!! GOOD JOB ON THE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!