Old 01-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #31  

Hi girls! I know, I'm not around as much these days. That'll change in the near future as soon as I'm done cooking for 300 people, finding a new house to live in and training my kids to Please Sleep until at least 6:00 am!!

LOL It seems like a lot of stuff has all coincided for about the exact same week here.

I am doing a big Korean Feast for our fighting group February 4th and I have to make $400 cover all of the people. It's the first time I've ever tried to feed that many people or had to stick to a budget to do it. So I'm really nervous that I won't have enough money or that I won't have enough food for them all.

Also, we have just been approved by our bank to buy a house (YES!!) We've had to wait for a long time for it since DH needed his permanent immigration status and then a job and then we've had to recoup the $$ we lost while living off of our savings until he could work. So now we are in a minor frenzy of find the houses and go look at them, but I can't say we're upset about it. Ha ha!

My mother just bought DH and I some gym memberships at a great place with fabulous daycare!! (Yeah, Julie, I know.. I'll tell you about that later! sheesh...) So we're also getting to the gym a bit.

Also, I'm sure that this probably isn't healthy, but whenever I get too snacky and I know it's not hunger, I have a big cup of coffee (any way I like) and then I get filled up AND caffinated, so I end up doing housework or playing with the kids or something (I love caffiene!) and end up losing weight instead of eating everything.

Btw- I'm down 3 pounds today.

Oops, gotta go. DH is grousing that he wants to get online, too. LOL

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:33 AM   #32  

Good Sunday morning girls! It is nice and quiet this morning in the house. Jack is sleeping and I think the pets are up there with him.

I went to the commissary and bought all we need to really work our programs so we are all set now. I haven't done all the cleaning out junk food yet, but I am trying to get caught up on my cleaning stuff. Almost done with that. Jack put a new latch on my china cabinet (it stays shut with a magnet, but it wouldn't stay closed and the cat would crawl inside it! ) and now I can't get the latch open to put the china back!

HAPPYBIRTHDAY TO JULIE!!!!!!!

Lee: You get in here when you can. We all have priorities in our lives that prevent it sometimes.

***REMEMBER*** Tomorrow starts our real group commitment to losing and being in maintenance this year. Let's really work hard this year and I promise to start being a group leader instead of dragging behind and my behind!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #33  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to start today with 100% 4 pters from everyone. Let's see if we can get there today ladies!

Good morning everyone. Well, I am up and at 'em, having my first glass of water with my vitamin and am getting ready to do some exercise. I can't believe I just threw everything to the wind, but Jack and I are going to work hard to be fit again. We have one goal to be fit to go to Vegas next year (June 2007) and my 35th class reunion will be next year and I would like to be at goal if possible so that the one b* that was gossiping about me last time will swallow her tongue!

Anyway, let's get at it girls and I will check back later. Have a lot of cleaning to do today too so I need to get it going.

Faye
Old 01-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #34  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is sodium. We need it, but most of it way overdue it. Try to cut back on your salt intake this week girls.

I am up with a tummyache this morning so thought I would go ahead and set up Tuesday in case I overslept in the morning. I got 4 pts yesterday and am pretty sore from the treadmill and weights workout yesterday getting back in the saddle.

I will check in later this morning.

Faye
Old 01-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #35  

4 points for me yesterday! I had to guzzle the water on my way home from dance last night, but I got it in.

Not much going on...Faye, I hope your tummy feels better.

Everyone --

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #36  

3 Points for me yesterday - didn't get all my exercise in but did better than I have been.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #37  

Julie
Faye
Susan

Good going ladies! Let's keep it up!

My tummyache was gas. I was taking some meds for some acid reflux and one of the symptoms is gas and bloating. After three days of it, I decided to quit the meds. I am feeling better now and will be fine.

Got in my exercise this morning and on track for 4 again today. I have made a commitment to myself to only weigh on Lbs Down Friday, which is every other week. That way no stress and great surprises!

Have a great day girls! I have to go and get floors mopped.

Faye
Old 01-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #38  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All - Glad to see we may now be all on board for 2006. For those starting back today, good luck !! For those of us who have been doing it for a while, great job for staying OP !!! I forgot to mention that I lost another 2 pounds last week ... but like Faye said I am only going to weigh myself every other week, it will be more exciting that way.

Good job to all of you who are exercising, I am going to the gym tonight after work to get my 4 pointer...if I didnt have to work it would be alot easier to find the time to exericise, but I guess I just have to make time. I may be working over time again this week so we will see.

Have a good day.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #39  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all,

I'm not feeling very well today, but just thought I'd pop in to say hi.

My eating was not good for the last few days, but then my TOM arrived 4 days early so it was obviously PMS cravings and mood swings.

I did a new class at the gym yesterday - working with a fit ball to work your abs - boy was it tough! I am aching so much today that I've had to miss my cycle class, and it's getting worse! I'm going to have a hot bath later to help! But the class was good and I can only get better at it - and get abs of steel to boot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE

Sorry I wasn't around - hope you had a wonderful day!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #40  

Wow, it's 7am...where's Faye?? Hope you're sleeping in, sweetie!

Only 2 points for me yesterday, bit too much food...but not bad. I'm getting back into the water habit, which I desperately need!

It's a snow day here. Wintery mix and stuff. Wonder if it will clear off before I have class tonight. I hate cancelling, and I had to do it last week cuz of the flu.

Not much to report here, my legs and hips are pretty sore today--I fell on the ice yesterday. Not sure how, I was just gliding along and WHAM! that's how it is sometimes, the ice just jumps up and grabs you. I'm ordering some special pads today for my poor aching butt and elbows, I may even spring for the hands, too since I got a writing check in the mail yesterday.

Amanda--hope you're feeling better. And thanks for the birthday greetings It's good to change up your classes every now and then to keep your body guessing. Great job on the abs class!

Carrie & Lee--Congrats on the pounds down! I'm still afraid to weigh myself, maybe on Friday.

Well, gotta go make breakfast for the Ben-ster. He's up at 7 whether there's school or not.

TTFN everyone!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #41  

Red face

Feeling just a LITTLE sheepish!!!

Happy Birthday Julie! I completely forgot! Guess I'm just so wrapped up in stuff going on here.

Well, people keep asking me if I started on the food yet since it's getting close (Feb 4th-2.5 weeks), but I think "What the heck am I supposed to do? Cook the food NOW?"

My husband has started his signature obsessing about money while we look for a house. He's so good that way. We always seem to have just enough to do whatever we need to.

We've got it pared down to one of three houses so hopefully it should be soon that we can decide.

Wish us luck!
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:24 AM   #42  

WEDNESDAY: today is Wednesday's Woes so if you have something to complain about, feel free to do it today!

Julie
Faye

Julie: I didn't sleep in, but Jack was at the computer until he left for work and it is only 6 AM here. I got my chores done so I can get on the treadmill after I get done with this and balancing my checkbook etc that I do everyday. Hope the ole tushy is feeling better. I would highly recommend something for the hands. They don't have the padding thighs or behinds do and they can sure get scraped up when you fall.

Carri: on the weight loss. Keep it up! Hope you don't have to put in too many hours this week.

Amanda: Hope you get to feeling better soon. Nothing like feeling crummy to sabotage a diet. Only comfort foods do when you feel bad.

Yesterday was the first "winter" day we have had this season. It was cold and rainy all day and then there were heavy flurries, but they didn't stick at all. It has dried out completely now, but it is pretty cold this morning.

Jack and I are doing well together. I got him down to about 217 after his heart attack and our bad habits and laziness pushed him up to 239. He is being very diligent about getting on the treadmill every afternoon when he gets home and even when I had him on the program before, he was sluggish about exercise. I hope he stays with it. As for me, food is my problem and always has been. I gain and lose very easily. My biggest problem when I am staying with some kind of program is hormones that can make me ravenous and fighting all that. Instead of it coming once a month like before your period, being in peri menopause means the hormones jump all over all the time so I can never predict. It was that way last night. I did have a piece of fruit and a low cal snack and forced myself not to eat anything else.

Everyone have a wonderful day today. I am off to the treadmill and weights.

Faye
Old 01-19-2006, 06:32 AM   #43  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #122