Old 01-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #16  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello,

I'm still on track and am feeling a bit disappointed that I've not lost any weight yet. I've had 2 or 3 off days out of 11, but am working my butt off at the gym so the weight should have started moving now!

Instead I am stuck fast at 217 - it is so important for me to lose this next half stone (7lb) because it is what I was struggling to do since October with not much luck. So I feel I am getting a real mental block about getting past this weight - the little voice in my head is saying 'maybe I am destined to stay at 217 for the rest of my life' - which is something I really don't want! I can only keep on doing what I am doing and hope the weight loss kicks in soon! My TOM is due in about 7-9 days which never helps the situation either.

Nigel is going to actually lock the scales away for a month (actually with a padlock! ) because I am getting so disheartened with the scales every morning. I think it is a good idea, because actually my shape is slimming down all the time - my stomach is the flattest it's ever been so I can just forget about what the scales say for a few weeks and get on with business. Sorry to rant on - but I guess it is Wednesday's Woes isn't it?

CARRI - Congrats on the 6lb loss - you must feel great!

SUSAN - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby! I hope that his health improves soon and maybe the surgery will make a real difference to his quality of life.

FAYE - Hope you enjoy your friends visiting. Make the most of it - then it's back on track for you and Jack! Are you prepared?

JULIE - Sorry you are sick - stay in bed and get better soon.

LEE-ANN - Glad you are enjoying your life at the moment - that is the most important thing of all!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #17  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Everyone -

Amanda - Do not get discouraged, sometimest the scales just stay stuck for a little while and then you see a big loss ... I do think Nigel should lock away the scales ... how are you two doing anyway? Still going the friends route?
If that it too nibby just tell me ...

Julie - Sorry to hear you have the flu - it stinks when Mom is down ... do any of the kids have it yet? Hope you feel better soon !! On the plus side I bet you see a good loss from this.

Susan - Happy Birthday to Dh, hope you both had a good one together.

Faye - We will give you through this weekend but then that is it, you and Jack are back on program and working towards your goal together ...
Right? I did end up buying two bags of bagels for both of us last night, now watch he will stop eating them and a whole bag will go to waste, ha ha ...

LeeAnn -

I really do not have a Weds woe, I am starting to feel a little better now that my body is getting used to only getting a little amount of food, still have the occasional hunger headache but it has gotten better ... hope you all have a good day.

See ya!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:03 AM   #18  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself just a little pampering time.

I will try and get in later and post more. I am pretty busy trying to get things taken off walls, pay bills, move furniture and do my normal chores and cleaning before tomorrow when the furnace guys come. Also have the blanket to get finished and it is only about halfway done.

TTFN

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #19  

Had a 4 point day yesterday and Tuesday so I am getting back in the grove.

Amanda, there are many ways to judge success beside a number on the scale. Actually, the weight doesn't come off at the same time your body is tightening up. You are looking better so that is a great NSV. Unfortunately, exercise gets us into better physical shape but in reality doesn't burn that many calories unless you are training for a marathon.

Let's all get with the program (whatever we chose) by Monday and get the new year into gear@
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #20  

Hi Ladies,
Man o man...the flu really S**ks!! DH and oldest daughter have it now. I feel half way decent, but just grocery shopping wiped me out today. I think it'll be a full week before everyone feels normal again. I've not been skating in a week and I miss it so much! My lesson was today, but I couldn't leave DD home alone when she's this sick. It's just as well, though, I probably would have fallen and broken something important!

While I was shopping, I noticed that my stomach cringed anytime I went near anything sugary, fatty or meat. Hmmmm. It was probably the flu talking, but I came home with tons of fruit & veggies and very little else...so maybe I'll finally be able to get back on track.

It's my birthday on Sunday, and DH asked what I wanted for dinner....normally that's when I say to **** with the diet, I want CAKE! But I think we're just going to have a few lobsters and what I really want is Breyers Light mint chip ice cream! It's my favorite.

We're in the middle of a January thaw right now...it's almost 50 outside and sunny!! We haven't had one in a few years, so it's nice. You can smell the dirt and it reminds you that spring really will be here eventually. Though this winter hasn't been that bad yet. It's Feb. and March that are the killer months.

Well, I'm tired of typing, so I think I'll go take a nap.

Everyone stay healthy and happy!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Faye!! Thought I'd pop in and say hi! I went through this thread and it looks pretty interesting!!Think I might come back from time to time!! Like everyday maybe!!!I had great success with recruiting new members,now it's up to them to stay aboard!!Have a great day!
Wendy(Good Friends)
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #22  

Susan:

I think I have everything under control for the furnace guys to mess up my house tomorrow! I moved the book case and curio cabinet out of the entranceway after taking all my Lladro out of the cabinet and everything off the top of the book case. I took all the pictures off the wall going up the staircase and all the pfoo pfoos off the wall in the entranceway. Jack and I unloaded the china cabinet and put all the china on the floor in the extra bedroom then moved the china cabinet that sat at the top of the stairs into the extra bedroom. Hopefully, this is enough for them to get into the attic and get the old furnace out and the new one in with the ductwork and all they have to drag up there. I also got my chores finished and my upstairs bathrooms cleaned and even some of my knitting done so I am in good shape for tomorrow. I know we will be without water for a little while while they connect some drains for something up there and then the electricity will be off for quite awhile I expect so I need to get my books and knitting and stuff ready so I can keep myself busy. All the visitors have gone home so I can get my grocery list ready and my house cleaned out of junk and get back to my program.

Wendy: Welcome and come join us at anytime. I am glad you have been able to bump up your thread. We don't have many here, but we are a faithful few! Just tell everyone about yourself!

Julie: Hope you are getting back to normal now and feeling some better. Hey, I have a ??? to ask you as I am sure you use this stuff. After it is cooked, can you tell by look or flavor the difference between whole wheat and regular pasta? I would like to get Jack on whole wheat pasta but I am going to have to sneak it in and if it tastes different he will surely know.

Susan: I agree, I think we all should be ready to give it our all starting on Monday and that includes me! You are doing a great job yourself considering your stress level. Hope dh had a nice birthday!

I need to fix myself a little lunch then jump into the shower. I am a mess from cleaning today.

Faye
Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #23  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day from the gym. I bought the chain today for Nigel to lock the scales away, so tomorrow they go away till the 1st Feb - then it will be monthly weigh ins. I feel sooooooo relieved - like I say, my body is slimming down all the time and all my clothes are getting too big again, so my body fat is obviously decreasing and I feel great about that, it's just when I look at those stupid numbers that I get downhearted!

FAYE - Just reading about all that work has made me tired! Do not under estimate how much mess they will make - you'll love cleaning up after they've gone!

CARRI - I don't mind you asking about me and Nigel - we are not back together, but we are getting on well and I am considering getting back with him, but am still not sure. He is doing alot better after years of bad mental health problems and he is alot easier to be around at the moment. I think only time will tell - I change my mind every 5 minutes!

Hi to Susan, Lee-Ann and Julie,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:37 PM   #24  

Faye, It's great that you are getting Jack on whole grain pasta. But you won't be able to trick him. It looks different and tastes different. But you do get used to it, and I honestly prefer the whole wheat flavor--it has more, I don't know, substance to it. You could try mixing it together for a while and gradually increasing the whole wheat to plain ratio.

I wrote an article for Low Carb Energy on whole grains, I can send you a pdf file of the article if you like. One of the doctors I interviewed gave some interesting advice. He said that different brands of whole grain foods taste drastically different. For pasta, he said to start with angel hair pasta and slowly move up to thicker ones, and keep trying different brands.

Also, be aware that unless it says clearly "100% whole grain", then it is a blend of whole and refined grains--it may be no better than the plain white stuff. You can ask someone at a health food store what they recommend for people who are just getting used to whole wheat.

Oh, and there are other kinds of pastas that aren't even wheat at all that are healthier and look like traditional pasta. Spelt pasta comes to mind, but they also make it with potato flour and rice flour, etc. Get some advice from a natural foods person, they usually love to help out.

Of course, I love to eat spaghetti squash with my usual pasta sauces, too.

Probably more than you wanted to know....but you did ask! :wink:

TTFN,
Julie
Old 01-13-2006, 04:50 AM   #25  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous LBS Down Friday! Ok girls, it is the week to brag about your losses! We are going to continue with every other week, but Amanda, you just post yours once a month!

Amanda

Julie: Thanks for all the great info. I kind of like the idea of easing him into it. Jack only likes angel hair anyway, so... Thanks for the other ideas too. Feel free to send me the article. Let me know if you don't have my e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Amanda: The things we do for weight loss, huh? Glad you have figured out a way not to weigh. You don't have a scale at your gym do you? If so, avoid it too!

We had a horrific storm blow through here so I brought the animals down so Jack could sleep. Well, looks like they snuck right back up there! It has come and gone with just rain now so maybe they will settle down. As for me, guess I will just be drowsy today. Can't sleep in with the furnace guys coming anywhere from 8-noon. So lovely that we can have an exact time!

Have a good day girls and behave yourself!

Faye
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #26  

Faye, I used to have your email, but I lost it. COuld you PM it to me and I'll get you the article.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #27  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls - I have still been having 3 pointers all week, hopefully I will not have to work such overtime next week and can get back to the gym. I was going to have a three day weekend with MLK day on Monday but now they asked us to work on Saturday...

Amanda - I think the whole locking the scale away is a good idea, I am trying hard to only weigh myself once a week, getting on there everyday was just depressing me.

Faye - Hope all goes well with the heater ...I hate to have people in my house working.

Julie - Glad you are feeling better, good info on the pasta.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #28  

I got to skate today!!!!! Woohoooo.......and by the end I was *almost* doing my first jump. I can do all the steps right, I have to get the courage to actually get some air....like maybe 1/2 inch!

I feel so much better for getting some exercise finally!

Hope everyone's having a great day.
julie
Old 01-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi!Can anyone inform me on your points system??Sound's interesting..Since today is the day to brag,I lost 4lbs this week! Down to 139lbs!!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:58 AM   #30  

Good morning gals! It is very chilly this morning, but WE HAVE HEAT!!!!!!!! Jack called around 7:30 and said he was taking a vacation day and came home so he was here while they were here. Took them 6 hours to dismantle the old and put in the new. They were all a really nice group of guys about my son and dd's age. I got so tickled, one of the guys came downstairs and ask if he could use our restroom (we have 2 bathrooms upstairs but I guess he wanted to ask first.) He said he had been holding if for a long time. I told him of course and he should have just used one of the ones upstairs. They had cut the power so the bathroom was completely black as it has no window. Jack ask him if he needed a flashlight and he said he just had to do "#1" and would be fine. I yelled to him teasingly that I charged more if he didn't hit the bowl. Sweet boy came out and said, "Ma'am, I would always clean it up. My grandma used to always get on us about that." I went in later to go and found he had taken tp and cleaned the porcelain! What a mess the installation made though. We had a terrible storm yesterday morning and it rained all day. Yep, you guessed it, mud and leaves carried throughout my house and I just shampooed my living room carpet a few days ago, UGH! There was grime on my back door where they went in and out to the main breakers and the ac too. I have the bulk of it cleaned up, but I am going to get my hair cut, get yarn and go to the commissary this morning so it will have to wait until I get back. You will be proud of me, we went to Walmart last night and bought Jack's "lean cuisine" type dinners for his lunches for the next two weeks and I have mine too now all I have to do is shop for the good stuff and clean out the fridge and cabinets. On top of all that, I still have to put back the curio cabinet, hang all the pictures back, move the china cabinet and put all the china back in it and then try and get the carpet and stairs shampooed again and remop all the downstairs floors. That is besides the two cleaning chores for the week I have left, which are vacuuming all the rugs and dusting the upstairs. That's ok, it is worth it to have a furnace that can be set at 65 and is comfortable, versus doesn't work at all and before that had to be set at 80 just to keep us comfortable a bit.

Wendy: If you look at my very first post on each new thread (it is usually in color, but I screwed up setting it up this time and with the new upgrade you can't set colors if you haven't already when you edit) Anyway, the first post gives you all the info on topics, points etc of what we do. I take care of all the topics, lbs down and points so you just get to enjoy bragging!

Carri

FABULOUS LBS DOWN:

Wendy:

Carri: Don't work yourself too hard! I am glad you are back on the road to weight loss.

Julie: Be BRAVE and take a chance. What is the worst that can happen, you fall on your keister? I know you can do it!

Well, I guess I better go. I had an asthma coughing attack this morning and had to get up but I may sneak back to bed with the hubby and the animals and cuddle for awhile. I love to do that on the days he doesn't have to go to work because we lay and talk about all kinds of things.

Love you guys!

Faye