Old 01-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #31  

OMG KIWI!!! Did you really get a RrrrrrOMBA???? Does she really work? What happens when she bumps into stuff? does she turn around? Has she ever flipped over on her shell like a turtle???? When I go back to work I may need to get a Rosie!!!!

Bagzzz: Deep thoughts? The older I get the easier it is to just live they way I wanna and eff the rest !

Cowie must be knitting socks

I'm fighting a horrid cold..Nyquil is more potent than liquor..I'm zonked.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #32  
fatter than U

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Do you think it's really really lame to send Christmas cards out in January?
Why no, not at all. Especially if you're me who hasn't written a single card but really will get to it tonight, or tomorrow. Our printer actually worked for a change and I printed some nice photos of the kids so now I HAVE to send them to various relatives and friends who will think I'm dead if they don't get a card. My cards are in German so maybe they won't notice that they're Christmas cards. Ha. I'm so smart.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #33  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
My cards are in German so maybe they won't notice that they're Christmas cards. Ha. I'm so smart.
Hee Hee you're a hoot.

Let me tell you, my Rosie is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Any time it bumps into something, it spins around a bit and heads in a different direction. The front edge is a bumper that's very sensitive -- the dog is always standing in front of it and it just touches her feet and turns around. It has a little 2-ended sweeper brush on a flexible stem that spins around beyond the edge of the roomba itself, so it gets into corners even though it's round. I cleaned the brush this afternoon, which was actually very easy. Amazingly. That's an ordeal with my other vacuum.

I just heard the clinking of a glass. I am home alone. I think I'd better go check on the doggie.

I guess she was licking the returnable bottles. She prefers the empty wine bottles.

I have on the very best flannel shirtof all time. It's navy blue. My mommy gave it to me. I think I shall have to write (right) her a thank you note.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:41 AM   #34  
loves kleenex box art

I like your shirt. Is it the pink one? Did you get one for Rosie?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #35  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

thank you kiwi--and land's end thanks you as well---i went to look at your shirt---saw that my courduroy shirts were on sale !!!! and although i have three already i ordered FOUR more---they are so great for the market!!! kiss kiss
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #36  

Now I know where to shop for shorts in the winter. They have them at Land's End but it's too late to order them for me. My favorite outfit now days is my black warm up suit. My son calls it my Carmella outfit, after the mother on The Sopranos. I like it because its stretchy all over. Like me.

The idea of a Roomba sounds good, but I already have 2 big doggies to trip over, and Rosie wouldn't like the step down into the family room. She'd end up turtle backing.

All my Christmas decorations are down and put away. I think this is a record for me..... are you impressed? I am.

DVRs are the cats meow, Kiwi.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #37  
loves kleenex box art

I am impressed Wabby. But why bother?

I am really down today and need lots of hugs.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #38  

What's wrong Peach pie??
I thought you were off knitting some wonderful purple socks
Old 01-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #39  
loves kleenex box art

no job. rejection one after the next.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #40  
The magic shrinking cow

*hugs*

Those people are crazy.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

Peachie, I'm sorry you are all bummed out! Things simply must get better. Or else.

I love those corduroy shirts too, Bagz. I have a nice tan one that I will be wearing when my navy blue flannel one is in the warsh. No, I didn't get Rosie a shirt. She is so hard to buy for. I thought I might get her a new filter, but she already has a spare. So I combed the hair out of her and called it good.

Wab, Lands End is really fast on shipping -- and I believe it's nearby you so it would be even faster than for me. When are you leaving?

I haven't tried Rosie on stairs yet -- word is that she has a cliff sensor, so maybe she'll be okay. I really don't want to see her lying on her back waving her little feet around plaintively crying Help me Help me.

I made pop-overs for dinner. Gotta go eat them with leftover hamburger soup. Mmmmm. Everyone's invited!

Kiwi
Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #42  
loves kleenex box art

Please please please send pictures of Rosie. Make them so we can tell how big she is next to something like ... a cat. Not the puppy. The puppy's size doubles every week, I think.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #43  

Yes Yes pictures of Rosie...Did you put her hair in pig tails? I bet she would look so cute wizzing about with her pig tails whipping zip zip wiz! Kiwi, you must snip the apron strings and let her go..let her try the stairs..Let her clean the Jett hair up but be there to catch her if she falls. good mommy.

You must post the recipe to this hamburger soup ..it seems to be a staple in the Kiwi household.

Did I tell you I'm feeling a bit better .. Nyquil gives you a doopy buzz but seems to work... I think the Sauna at this new gym I went to the other night sweated the cold to blossom out..(note to self: remember to take off Jewlery when going into 200 degree rooms..I've got a loverly slight burn mark from my necklace)
Yeah, sooo I gotta coupon fer another gym (Im becoming a " Free Visit " gym Ho), so I go and try some of the equipment..I hopped on this slanted boardy thing and did about a bajillion sit ups, feeling quite smug at how easy it was until this guy tells me "Um Lady, your head is suppose to be on the low incline and yer feet up here".. How Embarraskin! So I turn myself around, manage 1..2, ugh 2 and a half, and I proceed to loose my balance and fall over the side...
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Not the puppy. The puppy's size doubles every week, I think.
I think you're right. She doesn't look like a puppy at all. But she sure acts like one. She's gettin' right purty -- has lost almost all of her puppy teeth, and her tail is getting quite full.

Well, I guess I'd better get my camera out and go to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Yes Yes pictures of Rosie...Did you put her hair in pig tails? I bet she would look so cute wizzing about with her pig tails whipping zip zip wiz!....
Did I tell you I'm feeling a bit better .. Nyquil gives you a doopy buzz but seems to work... I think the Sauna at this new gym I went to the other night sweated the cold to blossom out..(note to self: remember to take off Jewlery when going into 200 degree rooms..I've got a loverly slight burn mark from my necklace).......So I turn myself around, manage 1..2, ugh 2 and a half, and I proceed to loose my balance and fall over the side...
My my dear, you are a little on the loopy doopy side, eh? You get the most unlikely burns I ever heard of.

I am listening to a CD I gave DH for Christmas -- Our New Orleans: A Benefit Album for the Gulf Coast. It is fab. I bought is because I heard this fantastic song by Beausoleil on it, but that is definitely not the only good one.

Off to photo graffi.

Kiwi
Old 01-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #45  
loves kleenex box art

LOL Schots. That is SO FUNNNNY. Situps where you get a running start. I am falling out of my chair.

And waiting for Rosie to pose.