Old 01-11-2006, 01:06 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hey Gals! I know I promised that I was gonna post more, but man, this sickness is wearing me out! I barfed most of today, and slept the other half. Nasty really.

Nice to see everyone posting again I will come and catch up soon!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #62  

Hello gals! I weighed today, sneaky me. It's offical, I am a happy bunny, I am 199. I feel now I can just concentrate on my training and let the weight take care of itself. I have no specific weight goals now, and goal can take as long as it wants, as far as I'm concerned. I have started to work on a five year plan, so that I have something to focus on once the weight is off!

My five year plan includes musings on whether a triathlon could be possible. I scare myself!

Hope you start to feel better soon Aimee, sounds awful!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:21 AM   #63  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Aimee and Kimberley--it's great to hear from you even if you don't have much time to post! Sending happy thought both your ways (which takes work since you're on opposite sides of the continent! )

Kylie--WOOHOO for ONEderland! What a GREAT feeling that must be

Marge--I'm with you on the getting more serious. I realized that January is almost half over already and I only have till mid-April before I have to wear that dress for my sister's wedding! I've been frequenting Fitday, but I still need to actually keep my calories under control a little more rather than just log the 17 pieces of pizza or whatever

Sara--great to see you back here You're such an inspiration with all your hard work! Oh, and I definitely think Denise Austin has an annoying voice, too

Well, my plan of going home and napping didn't pan out. I went home, putzed around on the computer, had some dinner, watched an old episode of Gilmore Girls, printed out some pictures, and started a scrapbook page. I tried to go to bed kinda early, but then I got nosey and looked through Jeff's nightstand drawers I'm glad to say I didn't find anything incriminating (nor did I find anything on his computer, which I also snooped through a little)--I did find a letter from an old girlfriend (the one before me), but it didn't bother me since I know, for example, that I would keep tokens of my relationship with him even if we were to break up and move on. I know snooping is bad and wrong and all that, but it's reassuring to NOT find anything, ya know? Bah, I hate being an obsessive girl
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #64  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

The scale was up 1.5 lbs today. I think it is because I didnt drink as much water as I normally do. I usually have about 90 oz and only did 60. So I am doing the Super Flush!! 90 oz before noon! As of 10 am, I have 30 down, on my second 30.

Will check in later.....

Jill, I sent you a PM...
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #65  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Okay, Kimberley, put down your drink so you get it through your nose, I typed into my address thehmandotcom. I think I've become a much too literal person. I'm very happy to hear that Howie got through that operation and that it all went so well. I was thinking about you two. Hang in there, rest, recuperate.

I don't know about you, Kylie, but I'd be (I'll be) kissing strangers (well, the good looking ones) when I get to Onderland.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Great going, woman

still need to actually keep my calories under control a little more rather than just log the 17 pieces of pizza or whatever

Jill, heh heh, I find it's more painful to eat the goodies when I have to actually log them in and see the numbers, yikes. Those cookies tempt me less I see in hard print that they're shooting me over 2000. I could easily see myself doing the same thing, re: looking around.

Jen, I remember reading a post on the 100 thread from a lady that tracked her weight ups and downs I think it was every hour for a day, then over a couple of days, or some such thing. It changed dramatically even hour by hour. I know mine can change by a pound from 7am to 8am, don't ask me how that's possible.

Aimee, recover, recover, recover...I'm sending that over the www.

We just got about 10 new clients, and half of them are close to being completely crazy. Add that to the current crew and well.... Boy, could I tell you stories. I'm just about to head out to the gym, in a few minutes. It's 4pm and I haven't had any goodies off my diet. Hey, the small battles add up over time. I think noon until about dinner time is the hardest period for me.

Have a great night.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:09 AM   #66  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick postie tonight. I had a very long drive home in thick fog. It was unreal how dense this fog was. Anyway, I read posts earlier, but was at the hospital and didn't reply. Too tired to now, wouldn't ya know? There's good news posted at thehman.com for y'all.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #67  
Eating for two!

Good morning, all! A little later posting this morning that usual--had to "defend" myself on a thread where someone was on a strict liquid diet and was asking for help because she was feeling hungry (duh!), so I explained that liquid diets don't teach you how to eat properly and in order to not feel hungry, you should probably eat more than once a day, but that apparently wasn't what she wanted to hear, so she basically snapped at me defending her diet and telling me that I should do more research before I say a plan won't work Ugh, why do people ask for help and advice if they're not willing to take it? I've been given advice that I don't take, but I don't get all fired up about it since I know different things work for different people!

Anyway, now that I've ranted about that

Marge--I used to eel guilty when I logged my millions of calories into fitday, but I think lately I've gotten into the midset that even the way high calories is better than I did basically throughout the month of December, so I've been kind of in denial about how bad my diet is NOW *sigh* I'm getting there, though

Kimberley--I am SO glad that things are going well for you guys! AND I'm glad that you find the time to come and update us...I know it's not a priority, so we sure do appreciate it!

Jen--hehe, how'd the Super Flush go? 90 oz sounds like SO much, but then I think about how I usually have 9 servings (8 oz each, so 72 oz) just while I'm at work, so I probably don't get much less than you in a day. Oh, and all the trips back and forth to the bathroom count as exercise, right?

So, I was Jeffless again last night. I had a 7:30pm conference call for job #2, so I napped from about 5-7, then did the call, then watched my 2 hours of Lost while working on my scrapbook page a little. I'm proud to say I didn't snoop through anything (not that there's probably anything left I haven't seen ), and I am SO excited to have my Jeff back tonight. It's amazing how much I could miss him in only 2 days when I think of how long (a year and a half) we went where we could only see each other on the weekends. Guess I got used to that second warm body in bed pretty fast--I had to add an extra blanket to the bed the past 2 nights!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #68  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Hey girls!

It's busy today at work so i'm gonna make this a quickie!

Kylie! HOLY MOLY!!! I'm so excited for you!
Kimberly, nice to hear from you, get some good zzz's!
Aimee, stop being sick already! We need good stories, and yours are always the best!
Jill! I'm shocked that you're a snooper! ( I am too )
Marge, great job on the lack of 'treats'!
Jen, oh. my. god. that is a heck of a lot of water... I'd float right out of my cube at work!

My elliptical found it's new home last night (as I wipe away a tear for my dear departed friend...) A girl from work bought it, now I just need to go get the new one I want. and i'll have to put it together too... that sucks.

Going to a comedy club tonight with some friends, should be fun...

see ya all later.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #69  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi Ladies....not much chance to write now....I'm having a crappy day....it's on my blog if you want to read....
Old 01-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #70  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Morning, ladies. Wow, it's quiet in this here thread. How's the French advice Diana? How's the 5-year plan, Kylie? (reminds me of my history of Communism class, heh heh, they always had 5-year plans). How's things with you, Jen and Sara? Aimee, how's the flu from ****?

Howie is looking good, Kimberley. Great news that you might get to leave by Friday. I'm sure that's a huge relief. I went on a road trip from SF to LA in college, we drove through the Central Valley on the way home. It was night time, and all of a sudden we hit a wall of fog. I'd never seen anything like that before. I was driving and I got behind a truck and followed his lights until we could pull off, then one of my friend's took over. i'll never forget how scary that was.

Jill, I've noticed the diet discussions get people pretty worked up, I guess because some people start to feel desperate about it. I've had my desperate moments too. These past few months have been more frustrating than desperate though. Re: Lost, I like the Mr. Echo story line, not crazy about the new commando woman from the tail end. Even after all the time Rob and I have been together, it's still strange when we sleep apart.

The gym yesterday was still PACKED. I had to go do resistance machines after the treadmill, then go back to do the elliptical. Usually I do all my aerobic at once then move on to the resistance. I may go take a midday walk, it's 56 and sunny here.

Have a good one.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm still alive, stillllll sick. Ugh. These days I know I'm just overdoing it, I need lots of bed rest, but can't take even a DAY off work.

Sara - your post made me laugh.. I love it!

kykaree - CONGRATS to you!

Kimberley - good to hear Howie did so well!

Marge -

Jill - *waves*

I will be back full time soon... soon.. Oh.. I'm down 2 more pounds. Phew, don't know how that happened!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #72  
Shairing her ESH...

Nice to see you, Aimee!!! Get better soon!!

I noticed my sig took my blog link out, so here it is:

www.jen41565.blogspot.com
Old 01-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #73  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Just checking in, actually home a little early tonight. I wanted to get home earlier so I could get the bedding washed and fresh. Howie's coming home tomorrow! I got here and Dea already had the bedding washed and in the dryer. What a sweetheart. I'm about ready to crash. Gosh it will be good to have him home, not just because of the long commute (1.25 hours each way if no traffic), but because I am tired of being Howieless.

Jill, I just get the dogs in bed with me - no extra blankets needed! LOL
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:52 AM   #74  
Eating for two!

Jen--I can still see your blog link in your signature...maybe it was just a fluke?

Kimberley--ahh, just another reason to have pets! We can't have dogs in our apartment building, but I REALLY want one. Guess we'll have to wait a few years till we move again On a brighter note, I do get to go visit my sister this weekend and stay at her place next weekend to take care of her dog while they are gone, and he is an AWESOME dog, so I have a part-time long-distance pet

Aimee--nice to se you at least stopping by! Hope you feel better soon (though I know it's hard to rest when working retail!).

Well, I got my Jeff back last night I think the few days apart did us good--he was very sweet and in a very good mood. His mother has been out of work for over 2 years because she hurt her back on the job, and her money has been tied up in courts the whole time, and she JUST got her check for her back-pay they owed her, so she sent Jeff a new coat and $1000 cash So we made a trip to the mall last night so he could buy a Nintendo DS (the new hand-held one) and 2 games. She told him he had to buy something for me, too He asked me what I wanted, but I just kept saying I didn't know. While walking through the mall, I saw one of those kiosks with all the calendars, and I said I needed a new calendar for my office, and they were all 50% off, so we each got one. I told him he could tell his mom he got me a calendar, and he was like, don't you want something else?? So now I'll have to think about it...
Old 01-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #75  
Shairing her ESH...

Girlfriend, I could think of a bunch of stuff!! Jewelry, CD's, handbags, shoes, fitness DVDs...I would have NO problem spending his money!

Things seem better today--not feeling as stressed. And I am so glad I did not succumb to a binge. That is a major victory.