Old 01-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am very much enjoying my day off Its kinda nice to only have to work 3 days this week, it was nearly worth all the extra time at Christmas! Almost...

Sara - I bought an elliptical from Wal-Mart a couple years ago, it was a DISASTER! The thing broke, and I got hurt in the process... it would be nice to afford a nice one! I'm jealous

Jen - Sam is Sara's sig other... I had this question a long time ago as well!

So I am nearly better, the effects of the antibiotics are a pain, but it's nice to be able to swallow and not barf anymore. Phew, it realllly knocked me on my butt, I am very excited to be normal again. Josh will be happy as well.. he's been taking good care of me, but I feel his pain.. lol. I am NOT easy to deal with when I'm sick. Plus... no one wants to kiss a sick girl!

Well I am off to find my couch, apparently one of the side effects is fatigue. I am off to rest... byee!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #137  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

We're home - had a nice trip home, only 6.25 hours. It's been a totally off-plan day, but tomorrow's the return to normalcy for us (at least until February 8th when we head back to Baltimore for Howie's follow-up appointment).
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #138  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Kimberley!

Aimee, so glad you are not barfing anymore! I *HATE* doing it!

Had a great on plan day yesterday, including a great workout. We have some friends coming over tonight, and Alan is making some turkey chili--yumm!! Our friends that are coming over are musical. He is bringing his guitar so we can sing all night!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #139  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Jill, Rob told me that he read they look for big eyes and large heads for tv, and a personality that stands out, but not too much. Don't ask me, heh heh.

Sara, I haven't made angel food cake since I was a kid. I'd be much better off with something like that on special occasions. Congrats on the new elliptical, I'd love to have one at home!

Jen, congrats on the good day. The days add up fast, then you see the results on the scale or in the inches, and in the feeling of accomplishment. I'm working on getting good days under my belt after my day in the city.

Welcome back, Kimberley.

Glad you're getting back to healthy Aimee. I'm sure you're so sick of being sick.

Made it to the gym last night, did about an hour of aerobics. Still a lot of people coming -- all the bikes were taken up. I notice I eat from stress (esp chocolate), so I'm trying a couple of techniques to counter that: deep breathing, listening to music, and extra exercising. I really need to get past this yo-yo behavior I've gotten into (losing the same 3 lbs over and over again).
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #140  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sara--YAY for the new elliptical! I LOVE those things...if I had the money or the space, I'd get one in a heartbeat

Aimee--ooooh, only 3 days of work this week? That's awesome, and such good timing--you'll be able to rest and get ALL better!

Kimberley--glad you're both home safe and sound! I'm glad Howie's staple removal went okay as well. When I had my staples removed from my abdomen after surgery, by the time we got home from the doctor's office, the incision was re-opening Had to go to the ER and get that fixed...what a scare!

Jen--congrats on the practically perfect day! Sometimes, that's all it takes is one day to get the ball rolling...

Marge--I hear ya on the yo-yo. I have not lost an OUNCE since the holidays! I have a few good days, then a few bad days, and by the end of the week, I am right back where I started!

I almost broke down and had fast food for lunch today, but I came here to 3FC and decided against it. I was quite hungry, so I had a salad and diet soda in addition to the whole-wheat bagel w/peanut butter and jelly I had brought for lunch. A much better choice than a burger and fries I am having a dinner with a group at Macaroni Grill tonight. I already checked their menu and nutritional info on their website, so I have a solid plan of attack! Now I just have to keep my hands OFF the bread and appetizers
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #141  

I was talking with my brother today about weight loss, and we were discussing support.. I'm wondering, where do you gals get most of your support from? I definitely don't from friends IRL, Josh is very helpful, but since he doesn't need to lose weight its not really enough. I think I'm extremely needy, so would I ever be able to get enough support? As I'm growing up I'm learning you really can't count on people.. it sounds pretty bitter and bad. In general people are pretty un-reliable, and only do things that really benefit themselves. Maybe I am pretty bitter.. I've been burned quite a few times with the whole friend situation...

Okay, how about more cheerful things!

Marge - I was DEFINITELY getting tired of being sick.. felt like a huge whiner, thank goodness I had Josh! He dealt with the worst of it. You know, I'm a pretty huge drama queen, I bet I coulda been on The Biggest Loser! hehe, is that bad?

Kimberley - isn't it nice to be in your own bed, in your own bathroom?

Jill - I had to work extra days at Christmas for these days off, so it's kinda working itself out. I am definitely going to enjoy these days off though! Planning ahead really helps eh!

Well, I am all tired out... have a good night gals!!

-Aimee
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #142  
Howie6267's Honey

Bathroom, yes. Bed, no. We were spoiled by the latex mattress at our friends' home - it produced NO pressure points, just even support everywhere. In it, there was no waking through the night from pain in my hips back or shoulders...Amazing. Howie was more comfortable in it, too. He sleeps okay in his, but would like one like the Nature's Rest bed we slept in the last several weeks. Some day!

I weighed between 199-200 when I stepped on our scale Monday. I'm not taking an official reading until our normal Friday weigh-in; I hope to chug my water, get back into good eating, and show a loss come the end of the week.

Sorry my posts haven't been more personalized lately...Just been kinda wiped out and am trying to catch up. It should be better now that we're home.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #143  
Shairing her ESH...

HI gals:

Guess what--Alan is employed! He starts Monday at a local company. Check out my blog for more details!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #144  
Howie6267's Honey

Oh, hooray for both of you! Celebrate! Woo!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #145  

Kimberley - I hear yah on the bed... while my bed is comfortable, it's just not.. perfect, heh. I have some weird thing about other people's bathrooms, I definitely prefer my own!

Jen - Woohooo! Congrats to Alan!

I am off to work! Have a good one!

-Aimee
Old 01-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #146  
Howie6267's Honey

The nice thing about the bathroom at friends' was it was all ours, and it had never been used. She went out and bought a shower curtain, bath rugs and everything because they'd just never used it. We had two rooms and our own bathroom just to ourselves. Their tub and tub surround were definitely cleaner looking than ours! How sad. LOL
Old 01-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #147  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I was talking with my brother today about weight loss, and we were discussing support.. I'm wondering, where do you gals get most of your support from? I definitely don't from friends IRL, Josh is very helpful, but since he doesn't need to lose weight its not really enough. I think I'm extremely needy, so would I ever be able to get enough support? As I'm growing up I'm learning you really can't count on people.. it sounds pretty bitter and bad. In general people are pretty un-reliable, and only do things that really benefit themselves. Maybe I am pretty bitter.. I've been burned quite a few times with the whole friend situation...

That's a good question. I think Rob gives me my core support, and he doesn't need to lose weight. He has had problems in the past, before he got to highschool, being over weight then under weight. He overcame that by starting to eat regular meals then developing an exercise routine.

I've been touching on it with my counselor, but I've only been seeing her a few weeks. I really only post about weight in this thread now, because I don't really have time to do too much online. I watch the weight loss shows, I find them inspiring. I'd actually love to have more support, how do other people here feel about that?

I don't get the impression that you're extremely needy, Aimee. Maybe it's more that you're not getting what you need and that makes you feel overly needy. One thing that I'm still working on is learning how to evaluate relationships, judging how much I should invest. Some people will be willing and able to give more than others. Then being ok with the ones who aren't capable and willing to offer more, and accept what they can give and give back that much (don't invest so much that I get devastated when I don't get it back).

It's been my experience that the younger a person is, the more self absorbed he/she will be -- but it's really the maturity level.

I figure the more skills I have in place being able to decide if this person is a good choice for whatever level of friendship, then the more confident I'll feel making connections and the less likely it will be to get burned, and if I get a little burned I'll be able to handle it. It's taking a chance whenever you enter a relationship. There are lots of positive aspects to having intimate relationships, enough to make it worth taking chances.

Maybe part of the whole deal is working on taking care of myself more, so I feel less dependent on what other people do and don't do.

It's all stuff I feel like I'm still figuring out

Jill, whenever I go off plan for any length of time, a vacation or the holidays, it takes me time to get back into the routine. Then when I'm back in the routine it takes time for the weight to actually come off. Frustrating.

Jen! GREAT NEWS! I know it's been a big stressor for you. How come your blog link keeps getting erased? or I guess it's your sig.

Hey, Diana, haven't seen you in a while. What's happening up there these days??
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #148  
Shairing her ESH...

Marge: Here's the link: www.jen41565.blogspot.com
Old 01-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #149  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64
How come your blog link keeps getting erased? or I guess it's your sig.
3FC has changed it so that only your most recent post on a thread shows your sig. That way, all those graphics and stuff don't have to load 10 times if you have 10 posts on a page, and it saves time in loading the page The sig should always show up on everyone's most recent post on a thread.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #150  

It's a good idea really, especially for those not on high speed internet access.

My main support comes from me. I get a lot from Colin, but sometimes he gets a bit fed up, especially with the amount of time I need to spend exercising. My friends are all great, but I don't rely on them from support.

I adore the internet, and of course all of you, and my buddies on the UK thread have become really important. One has become an IRL buddy, which is great!!!!!

I am having a great week, the scales aren't moving but my clothes are falling off!!! I've been exercising with great enthusiasm, it's so nice now that my body wants to do it!!! I did weights at lunch time yesterday, then got to the pool a bit early so jumped on the treadmill and rower and then did 40 lengths in the pool!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote