Old 01-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Baby in bed and workout complete!!!!!!!!!
OBsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #17  

We were back on the second page again!!!!!

Nancy, I got you email and I am putting you on the invite list for the 30 somethings losing 30 something Discovery Health Challenge List. Anyone else?

Amanda
Old 01-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #18  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning! Yesterday at school was good, everyone seemed very relaxed after the break!

Auditions last- really just a read through of the script, individual readings will be on Thursday. The director wants everyone, including the kids to dye their hair black. Now I am blonde, two of my three children are blonde, it's very hard to make blonde hair black without it looking weird! I have an appointment with my hair stylist next week, I plan to ask him what he thinks. I will probably temporarily do the kids hair, and look for a wig for myself. Just about any other color I would be more than willing to dye my hair, but I'm afraid if I try to take my hair black I'll destroy it.

I've been totally op since Sunday, I really hope that is reflected on the scale tomorrow!

I'll try to post again after school today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #19  

Hi everyone! Hope your New Years is off to a good start. I'm sitting here trying to avoid the donuts in the breakroom. People bring food in for their work anniversaries and so we'll have munchies in there all week! I'm hoping with a little planning and telling myself that I can have a donut anytime I want but why do I want one? that I can resist. Easier said than done. The scale hasn't moved for me yet but at least it hasn't gone the other direction either. lol. My goals for this week are to keep a food journal, drink more water, and be able to move my ticker-thing down a pound or two.

Kat
katnol60601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #20  
Exercise Queen

Cool

Kat- Our staff room has had treats in it this week too. People are purging their houses and dumping it on the staff table. It is so hard! I feel like, I made it through December when the table was covered in treats, I should have to try this hard in January too! Hopefully by the end of this week the treats will end.

My WI day is tomorrow and I'm hoping to get to move my ticker down again too, I didn't get to last week, as I stayed the same.

I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #21  

Hey everyone!!!

Just thought I would check in and see how things are going. Good to see the New Year's resolutions put up for everyone to see. Here are mine:

1. to eat more healthy
2. to exercise more
3. to pay off some bills
4. to get b's in my classes

That last one will be particularly challenging since I have to retake microbiology this term. I will start the exercising later this month. I don't think that I have mentioned it yet, but I am having surgery next thursday. It is an outpatient surgery but will sideline me for a couple of days. I am hoping that it will end what ails me so that I can really get into the exercise groove. I won't know until it is over.

Other than that, things are going good here. DS started school again this week. He does lego club once a week and is hoping to start french club so he can talk to his grampa and no one will know what they are talking about (my dad is a french teacher) LOL He's so silly!!

DH and I start school next week and had to buy books on Tues. We were there for 3, yes that is right 3, hours. It only took us 10 minutes to find all of our books and the rest of the time we spent in line. CRAZY!!!!!!! The other crazy part was that we spent $700. and that doesn;t include the 3 classes we didnt' have to buy books for!! All I can say is THANK GOD for financial aid!

Well, I am not weighing myself until after I can start exercising, but I will keep up with the boards! I need the motivation.

Michelle-what play are you in now? I cannot believe that the director would want you to dye your kid's hair. That seems a little extreme to me! I have a blondie at home too.

Well ladies, talk to you tomorrow!
chellefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #22  

Sick baby again. He has only been back at school for 2 days and now we have had 2 days of no sleep. Looks like an ear infection on top of pink eye. Another 25.00 co-pay, ugg.

I weigh in tomorrow so today's goal is to drink as much water as possible. Aunt Flo is due tomorrow so I need to dump my extra water weight if I expect the scale to drop.

Michelle, dying your hair!!!!!!Black is so harsh on the hair. My roomate in college started losing her hair because she overprocessed it black. How about a dark brown.

Chelle, you brought me back to my days waiting in line for books. I think all universities must have the same policy. I know our book store will now let you order on-line.

Welcome back Kat.

Amanda
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #23  
Exercise Queen

Well I don't get to move my ticker again this week. I think my 4 days of op, just help to cancel out my New Year's Weekend indulgences. Which is good, I did not gain, and I really went off program for a few days. So I need to work extra hard this week to meet my goals! Especially since AF is expected to visit around my wi next week.

The play we are doing is "The King and I" thus the dark hair. We'll see how everything works out.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #24  

Oh man - I can also remember those long, long lines waiting to buy textbooks. Blah! Chelle, good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well.
katnol60601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #25  

Default nutrisystem has arrived!

so i am back and today is the first full day of nutrisystem. the food is better than i thought. my downfall - the kids food. i never realized how much i picked off there plate. any advice to stop that???

off to pick up from school.

one day at a time!
jkurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Hello everyone!

Glad to see the board warming up!

I have had a few defining moments in the last few days. The first was when my 4 year old dd drew a family portrait. Everyone else looked like stringbeans, and then there was an odd potato shape in the middle. Yep, it was me. To make matters worse, I asked my dd, is that my smile? and she said no, that's that thing and she pointed to my double chin . Then today I was at Kohls looking for a shirt to wear to a funeral tomorrow --- I am now a size 1x. In womens. How did that happen?

So, today I have been very good. I even went to the grocery store and avoided all treats. It's amazing how every aisle has several fattening (granted tasty) food items in it. Chips, pastries, cookies, all over the place. It was like walking thru a minefield. Luckily my will power held out. As long as it is not in my home, I can't eat it.

Happy Thursday!
Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #27  

nancy, that sucks. my daughter did something like that saying how i am bigger than daddy. i wanted to scream it's your fault i gained weight!! your. father wasn't the one craving everything under the sun! it sucks most of all because kids are so honest.

i also realized today i am addicted to carbs. i think i need a 12 step program for bread!
johanna
jkurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #28  
Exercise Queen

Hey all, just a quick check in before I head out to auditions.

Nancy- Congrats on the victories at the store!

Have a good night everyone! Tomorrow is TGIF!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #29  

Default Almost 1 week in!!

Good Morning everyone,

Hope everyone's doing good. Nancy, I'm so sorry that your daughter drew a picture like that, my son hasn't started that yet but like we need a reminder. As Johanna says, its thanks to them that we have some extra weight anyways. My mum told me to try and lose my extra weight before I had kids because it was a lot harder to lose it after yo've had them. Was she right!!!!

Michelle, congrats on the auditions, the King and I is my favourite movie. I just love all the singing and dancing. I wish I had some dramatic talent, I would love to be in performances but alas I was not blessed with any. The black hair though would be so hard on your and your kids hair, I agree with you that temporary colour and a wig are the way to go. I've had enough horrors with trying to dye my hair dark that I don't recommend it to anyone.

Okay so I've been on my plan for 4 days nows, its not going too bad but it's so strict. No sugar, no oil, no salt = no flavour. I've been really good and sticking to it but I do have to confess that I allow myself 1 chocolate chip cookie a day or I'll binge on the whole bag. We'll see how the scale agrees. To top it all off this week, AF came, so my weight is a little off (2 lbs) so hopefully when I weigh in on Monday if I've lost any. I feel better already though. Been exercising everyday this week, started off with 30 mins treadmill and 20 mins strength training.

Michelle, I'm glad you didn't gain any, next week I'm sure you'll see the scale go down. Good Luck.

Talk to you all again, have a great week

Dawn
DawnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #30  

No budging my ticker this week either. Aunt Flo arrived on the very day I weigh in so I was not surprised. Next week I just know I'll be in 170 land. I haven't been bad so I know it is nothing food wise. Before this would give me the license to give up but not now. Last night my sweet husband said he could see I had lost weight and all my clothes are alot looser so I am still happy.

Even though I did not over do it over the holidays it is still hard to get that weight loss jump started again. But I know by the Holidays next year I will have built a solid base of weight loss that will stay off.

Amanda