Old 03-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #316  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Hi cacmsc! Sounds like you had a good trip!

Nice and sunny here...and warmer. Gonna get the walk in and do some running round...maybe add some distance?

I'm amazed at how fast the grass is greening up and the leaves of the daffs and tulips are flying out of the ground. I guess they figure spring is finally here, not one of those February fake promises. I saw 3 cardinals last week flitting around. Of course the 2 males were pushing each other down the tree row and trying to (a) impress the female and (b) establish some territory. By the time they finished and the victor flew back, the female had buzzed off somewhere else Just like people.

On that note, I'm off! to all s

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #317  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Good morning Queenlies!

Bright and sunny here today, too. I was tired when I woke up, tired when we got back from the gym, but seem to have more or less recovered after a few cups of coffee. I'm getting down to the last few days without an assistant Soldiering on til the end of month...

Have worked out that it's quite likely to take me a year to lose the weight, even with good momentum. Reminding self that year will pass in any case and, besides, I'll make progress all the way along and just get better and better... Marked Day 1 on the calendar to look back upon.

Cascms, glad your trip was good. Welcome back! Must say, Maui sounds awfully good.

Ceara, have you actually got daffs and tulips in bloom or just up? I've got crocuses...

K, dollings, I'm off to work. Have a fabulous day!

xo
Arabella, WN

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #318  
the sword bearer

Hi Arabella...no just leaves. The daffs are just starting to send up flower heads..you know when they look like fat leaves...only 2 inches or so high at the moment. I have siberian iris' blooming...they are 4 or so inches high...and some yellow thingys...no crocus blooming yet although they are sending up leaves. My grandmother's daffs are blooming...but they are on the south side of the house and very protected. Keep in mind that I am at the same latitude as northern Cal....I remind myself of that in deep winter

Anyway....gotta bring in the girls and boogie...walk was wonderful. Today we had the duelling robins!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #319  

Height: 5'1"

Lightbulb

Sorry about your loss, frogger.
Thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
aria2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #320  

Hello all!

Frogger.... So sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one....sorry I took so long to pay my respects....... Makes you wonder what the little ones understand at these type of events too doesn't it???

Wish I could stay longer but will have to promise to come back later......

Just want to share this with you all....

Coming home the "slower" way as its so much more scenic as well as offers lots of alternates if there is a traffic jam...... Discovered nearly a 1/2 mile of "hedge" bordering the state park is forsythia.... And the entire 1/2 mile was in that bright, bright yellow of "just bloomed" yesterday.
Lovely.

Thought of the day :

"In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong."

John Ruskin, English author, 1819-1900

Question of the day :

"When they make the movie about your life, what will the title of the movie
be?"

Have a good one all!

Anyone for tea?
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:27 AM   #321  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well girls it sure is nice to have the sun shining in the morning. The birds are around we have seen the robins here. That is a sure sign of spring. I am feeling a bit better with my intake a little more in control. As I said while I was gone I didn't worry about the intakes. Needless to say with hiking, swimming and touring I got my exercise and then some. If I lived there I would never have to worry again about exercise. I walked to the village almost daily just for the fun of it. Of course a few times I made it to the bakery. But the good news is my clothes from the closet for spring fit good. I ironed a skirt for work last night in hopes it would fit and it did and just fine. That made me feel good and will give me a boost to behave with my eating. I plan a walk today after work. Things have been a bit busy there some emergency things to tend to but all in all not so bad. After a vacation break yah feel like you can handle things better. I think everyone should have a break on a regular basis. Too bad it doesn't always work out that way. Thank God I get 4 weeks and in 1 1/2 yrs. gain another week. That is good benefit of my crazy job. They also let us save time from one year to the next. That is how I had enough time to go away so soon in the year.
Thanks for the nice welcome back girls your very thoughtful! Hope you all have a great day! I started off with my Kashi cereal this a.m.. Thats always a good beginning. I have some trouble when I get home maybe I will try an afternoon snack so I am not so hungry. I stayed around 1500 cals but healthy choices. I will try to groom that a bit. I will shoot for 1400 today.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:48 AM   #322  
the sword bearer

Mornin' all! Sun is shining, grass is growing. DH is working on the lawnmowers...kudos. That is before we need them and the grass is a mile high

Things are going well...I'm looking forward to having a "veg" night tonight...no place to go and nothing I'm obligated to do...bliss.

So...walk, weights, groom a dog, and just do catch-up stuff...I don't think I need to run the roads in a vehicle anywhere this morning! YES!

QOD...The Merry-go-round.

Seize the day all...love the description of the forsythias...
Old 03-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #323  

Not a bad day yesterday - not the best either but more on the good side than bad. Got in a small walk. Hope to do better today.

A perfect example of a few extra minues well spent, Kaylets, when you get a treat like the forsythia. My hyacinths are now blooming away, and daffodils. I had forgotten how late my forsythia were cut back last year so they're blooming is lots less showy but still welcome.

Welcome back, our refreshed Firefly! Glad it was so good.

Arabella, the setting was romantic. I'll take solid and devoted anytime. In fact, I did. DH wasn't the most skilled at the romantic moment either - and sometimes when he did try, it didn't work out well. I think he sent me flowers once. Of course I did tell him I'd rather have flowers to plant. But still, we don't always mean what we say to be taken TOTALLY literally, do we?

Movie of my life? Cinderella, maybe? My early years were not the best but the latter part has been.

Up and at it - only a little meeting this afternoon. But a good friend to call back and maybe she'll say "lunch".
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #324  
Empress/Queen

[color=bluue][b]Was sorry to hear o' thy loss, Froggie, not sure if I mentioned it last time the system here let me in! Sydney sounds like she was a great comfort ... so sweet that she hugged everyone.

Arabella, would love to hear o' thy running exploits and plans ... mine suffered a setback yesterday as I just seem to have a sore hamstring and feel generally very tired ... but will recover ... I bought a big book on everything you ever wanted to know about running today and just enjoyed reading it ... I particularly liked the section on hydration that brought out the important point that many illnesses deaths occur when runners drink too MUCH water ... I can't spell the condition this induces right now (braindead) but it IS very important to remember that only the right amount of water should be consumed ... too much under certain conditions is very dangerous ... creates a too-low sodium concentration in the blood that can be fatal.

The book noted that much of our current thinking on dehydration is a myth ... something I've been reading a lot lately ... living in Arizona, I'm not sure ... we need to drink a lot of water here when it's hot ... as it will be very soon ... getting there more slowly this year but I'm quite warm right now ... except my blood seems to be so thin that at night I have a space heater aimed right at me, a procedure I hope to ditch by next week.

Hello, Cacmsc ... Maui sounds wonderful ... good to see thee back.

I am really extremely fatigued and must go back to sofa ... long day tomorrow.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:33 AM   #325  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Good morning all! Well I have made it almost through one week back at work. It hasn't been too bad a bit stressful at times but do able. The sun shining sure does help one to feel up lifted and in better sprits I think. At least for me it makes a huge difference. Sounds like we are all on the same wave trying to reach our goals. I have to get into really exercising just jumping back into work was hard enough though. I have scheduled myself for exercise times on my work calendar if I do that it works out better. Next week I will also try going in the morning to the gym it is easier less folks etc. and done for my day! I used that little white square today I hide it in the closet! I need to ensure I am not getting to far off I was up only 1 lb. not to bad. I set a mini goal of 2.5lbs by Easter. Thats not unrealistic and can be done. All in all not bad for eating what ever I wanted for a couple of weeks away. And this week I was a bit up in the air. Hard to get back into full swing but I am on my way! Feeling more in control and watching my choices closer the afternoon snack helped I was straved when I got home from work! That wasn't a good thing the Kashi bar made the difference.
I am awaiting my spring flowers you girls are bit ahead there. I have tulips up but not flowered along with the rest of them. I did see some crocuses up at work yesterday. The grandkids are coming over tonight to stay. I am going to buy bird food and they can help fill the feeders and put up a few of the houses as well. We get lots of beautiful birds in our yard.
I am preplanning my weekend snacks card night is saturday. So I host it and will ensure there is some healthy choices on board for the evening. Have a great weekend girls. Boy its great that it is pay day! Hawaii is expensive a gallon of milk can be as high as 7.59 eggs 1 dz. 2.59 wow! It hurt!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:59 AM   #326  
the sword bearer

Mornin'...fly-bye here...want to walk before it rains...it was sunny at 6 and is rapidly clouding up.

It is always nice when the scale news is not as bad as you think it could be. One pound is a small amount Firefly...you're right. All that exercise paid off!

Yes I've heard of that too Empress...wonder if that is why some of them have heart attacks...an aquaintance of mine had one due to low something in his blood...caused them to do some tests before he died and set his medications right. They were causing the problems...he lives!

May...chocolate chip day, tulip day 8th, cino de Mayo 5th, no socks day, 13th....other than May Day and Victoria Day and Memorial Day. Whaddya think?

Gotta go!!!! ALL MIA and Present!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:52 AM   #327  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Post Fly-by hi

Happy Friday, Queenlies! I do miss our Punkin. Not to mention our Wildfire who's been AWOL for quite a while now -- I had an e-mail address for her, will have to see if I can find it.

I've got a very busy day today at work and a funeral to go to (an uncle, but not one I was close too). So, mustn't linger.

Am getting self revved up for perfect behavior on the weekend to try to ensure a loss on Monday.

Hope all have a fabulous weekend!

xo
Arabella, WN

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:57 AM   #328  

7.59 for a gallon of milk? Oy!

Nice here today. Fairly decent day yesterday. Walked but less than I should again. Tired out. But do seem to finally be feeling a bit better. A good night's sleep again.

Any of those days is fine. Maybe "running to no-socks day" or whatever. Springing to Tulip Day. Schlumping to Cinqo de Mayo. Not Chomping to Chocolate Chip Day.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #329  
the sword bearer

Does that mean we could call it "THE s NOT CHOMPING THEIR WAY TO CHOCOLATE CHIP DAY? I'd have to check which date that was....

Thanks for the laugh Anagram. Your Humour is so Droll Dahling
Old 04-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #330  
the sword bearer

Still chuckling....

Have to work today, so shorty here...am off for a walk eventhough it is still blustery...thought I was going to Kansas yesterday. Had some rain last night, and may be more on the way they say.

Did a lot of shop walking yesterday...and didn't really buy that much. Came home and had a nice chicken stir-fry with DH...no rice, no time to cook it. Just put it over baked yam...was yummy!

Gotta run...walk...