Old 01-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #481  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi all. No time to post now and I still have no challenge decided on. Soon, though, I'll try. The last thing I can deal with right now is a(nother) challenge!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #482  

The blahs are still firmly entrenched. NOT the blues, just the blahs. Next week is back to work, which should get me off my duff.

So far, still doing okay on water (Day 12, 2 pause days left). But today may be the third pause for exercise, at the rate I'm going, and I've only got one wine/choc pause left. It's not looking good for success on anything but the water, but hey, what ya' gonna do, right? Sure do wish I could find that darned mojo!!!

This week it has been wet and warm here. Freezing rain, then rain, now just big grey puddles. All my plans for skiing and skating gone. Another few degrees and I can just go swim in the damned puddles. Grrrr. At this rate, it'll be two years in a row with no proper winter sports. And yes, I know I could just go out and walk. But I don't want to. So there.

Time to go forage for fattening foods.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #483  

Hey all...
Day 4 on exercise done. I almost took a pause day but forced myself to step since it's just too early in the challenge to pause....
I don't know if I'll even bother to try the no beer challenge again....ooo I can hear Red now... It's just that DH came home from the store with not one, not two, but THREE 6 packs But like I said, he's going to be away a bit this month so I WILL try again. Just not today....

Wondering...Derry? Are you still out there? Hope you are well!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #484  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 15

1284 calories
15 min gazelle
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #485  

Hey all. REal quick post. Did not make it to the gym today. Twice in one week - not good. But, have my bags all packed for the morning, so have no excuse whatsoever.

Challenge 1 - did not buy any junk food for work.

Challenge 2 - no caffeinated soda. Did get a decaf diet, but hope to not tomorrow.

Have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #486  

Gahh! Officially using up my final pause day here on what should have been day 10 of my water challenge - that means I have to get through the entire second half of my challenge without a break - I can do it. I will do it.

I played hockey again tonight - I was really hurting from yesterday so I didn't play as hard and I only played one game - I got the beejeeburs knocked out of my thumb, though - it's going to be awesomely purple in the morning, I think.

OOh I discovered an excellently tasty evening snack - 1 c. 1% fat milk, 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, 3 tablespoons Rich Chocolate Ovaltine and a few ice cubes in the blender - it's like all the good parts of strawberry milk and a chocolate milkshake. YUM!

THE SCALE WILL NOT BUDGE! Yesterday it was at 229 and this morning it was back up to 230 - I know that weight fluctuates throughout the day and over the course of a few days, but I also know that I have been stalled at 230ish for the whole week! I fear I won't make it to my goal by sunday - I am at the dread miniplateau and I am also approaching the PMS bloat time...Hopefully in the morning or on saturday the magic "whoosh" weightloss will happen that usually comes after a brief plateau....I'll just have to wait and see.

Keep on Truckin!
Erin
chaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #487  
Never give up

Wink howdy all....

Hello everyone. Not too much action around here. Can't say I've been contributing all that much to it either. I am having a problem deciding on a challenge. Seeing as I've been doing these since May, I've kind of run out of ideas that are challenging yet doable. No "no beer" challenges for me! Will keep thinking. I watched...emphasis on "watched" ... the pilates video today. It was very nice.

chai -- Being "stalled" at the same weight for a week is nothing to worry about, especially if you're coming up on your period. Ask curly. Now, there's someone who can talk about plateau! Also, you say you've been muscle sore and that always adds water weight. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a "magic whoosh" but I wouldn't get discouraged. Just keep the calories low enough to lose and you soon will. Hmm, no more pause days on water and only through Day 10? Try some different strategies. I want to see you get through to the end!

jolly -- Ok, I'm glad you tapered off a bit. How are those headaches now? Should be gone by now but you may feel lethargic for a loooong time. Great going on the no junk food at work and the no caffeine. Keep up the good work!

curly -- Way to go!

Apple -- Excellent work on forcing yourself to exercise.Yes, day 4 is too early for a pause. You gotta save those as long as you can on a hard challenge like exercise! I don't understand why the beer is a problem, Apple... I mean, weren't those his beers?!! Yeah, I wonder what happened to Derry. She was not feeling up to a challenge, remember? Maybe she just needed a break. Let's hope it's nothing worse.

carla -- Ok, blah, not blues. Hope things look up soon. Where IS that mojo of yours? Where is mine?! Well, the water challenge is still going well. Keep it up and maybe you'll rise to the others sometime real soon! Too bad about the rained-out skiing/skating plans. Damn!

marble -- Good attitude! Crabs 'R' US! I was tearing my hair out so badly this morning I decided to stay home. I just could not face that office today. Thought I could get some work done here or find a new/old monitor for my computer but calling around gave me nothing. I am going to have to get some sort of new computer I guess. Just how to get my files off this one before the monitor dies??????.......

Phys -- Hurrah on Day 3 in the bag!!

stage -- I checked the Super Bowl. Wow, it's so late nowadays. I remember when it was always around Jan. 21, now it's in February, eh? Yes, whip that bod into action and you can knock off 4 lbs in 3 weeks. Good luck!

Shad -- Congrats on getting through Day 9!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:51 AM   #488  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Red - back it up now! You really should be doing this every week or so you know. I didn't use to until I lost nearly everything when a virus attacked my old computer. I lost all my hundreds of photos - many of which were replaceable because they were old fashioned film, but the digital ones were gone forever except for the ones I had uploaded onto webshots. I spent a long time re-scanning and downloading. I hate to think how far over the limit of downloading megabytes I was at the end of it. Blah on the monitor. I have one here that you could have had if we were somewhat closer.

Carla - is that where you have disappeared to..... puddle jumping. Been missing you. One thing that does keep me on track is having to face the good folk on the threads after a bad day.

Sounds like we are all feeling somewhat down and out at the moment. In most cases it sounds like mid winter blues. In my case it is too much summer heat and humidity coupled with being a whirling dervish in the housework department. Still the worst is now over as far as sanding and cleaning goes. I will finish the cleanup tomorrow morning. From there on I can start the plastering and there will only be light sanding from then on. By next week I should be onto the painting. Can't wait for that.

Day 10 is done. Water challenge met. Food just on the good side of okay.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #489  
Never give up

Question

Shad, I don't know how!!! Tell me, please!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-13-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:06 AM   #490  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

My back has been hurting awfully over the last few days. The day before I tried to get on the stationary bike and barely lasted 2 mins. Yesterday was a bit better, but only by another minute or two. Today I challenged myself to practice new-old things in the swimming pool - that doesn't hurt my back. And haven't been eating sweets either. But I guess Red will still pronounce my two challenges as lost... right?
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #491  

Back up by saving the files to disc or CDRom depending on what you have installed. Orclick My Computer, click Help from the menu bar and seach for back up from your desktop just in case your system has a built in back up system for you to use.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:21 AM   #492  
Never give up

Wink hmmm...

Quote:
1. No sweets & 10 min stationary bike (level 3), one pause day left

2. New challenge, level 2: a routine of lower body exercises -- sets of different leg lifts while standing and laying down, crunches & sit-ups, and sets of "scissors" with the time increased each day (3 sets of 60 sec first day, 3 sets of 85 sec second day and so on)

Sushi -- These were your challenges, right? I don't know which you mean by "the two challenges." I would allow you the challenges maybe in this case because you really got there and it was pain that kept you from doing it...no sweets is a part of it, right? I wouldn't be too strict about whether it's a bike or a pool, it's the exercise that counts. It's not like you're practicing steps or so. I guess the No. 2 challenge is kaputt though, eh? Whaddya think?

Shad, I don't know how to burn anything onto a CD, don't have any software that I think I need and no, can't find anything in my system for backups. The floppy drive doesn't work... this is what I spent all day trying to figure out how to do....I am exhausted. I want a beer. Apple!! Get your hands off that, right now!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:25 AM   #493  

Do you have a CD rom Drive?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:28 AM   #494  
Never give up

Yes, in the computer and an external one, but I don't know if that one is hooked up right? When I put an empty CD in the regular drive it doesn't show up on my desktop. I have a Mac, btw.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #495  

What happens if you save a file to the cd drive?