Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM   #76  

Hi Girls

Noelle I love the gifts, you are just so sweet. Thank you. And my kiddos like theirs too. I was so excited to get a package from HI....I think I could feel some warmth from the island. LOL

Angie forgot to say GREAT JOB on the weigh in

Cal thanks for the teacher gift ideas. I think I may to a gift card to a neat store or out to eat.

Cherie, how is the pup? I wanted to ask you how old is she?

I think we found our puppy. She is purebread black lab. Almost four months old. Dh went to go see her with my ds. They say she is crate and potty trained, knows how to sit. We may go pick her up this weekend. I will send you all pictures if we get her. This is kind of a gross question but its life, so all you dog owners may know this....how many times does a puppy have to be dewormed? I know gross topic, haha....I am just wondering if they need it every couple of months to a certain age? Okay gotta go, I kept my son home because he was running a fever in bed last night until this am, and has another cold. Oh well that is a bunch of nose picking kindergartners for you. Check back later. Hi to everyone else.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #77  

Cherie, congratulations on the earrings. What a guy. You had me there....I thought it was a ring, LOL. I am so happy these earrings are not bothering your ears. Keep on wearing them!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Julie.. the puppy sounds great! I am still working on crate training my little one, but she is coming along fabulously.... She turned 10 weeks old this past Saturday. I am not sure about deworming. I have mine on heartworm medicine.. and will continue to give that to her so we won't have that problem. I can't wait to see pictures of her! Labs are such great animals.. so smart and loving! I hope you get her!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone!! This is the first chance I have had to check in. The kitchen is all done and it looks nice. I want to go get some of the vynil tiles for the floor sometime right off too.

Noelle, GREAT JOB on the walking. I havent exercised since Thursday because I have been so busy but today I made it a point to get it done. I feel so much better since I have gotten it over with for the day.

Julie, I got your gift today. THANK YOU so much! It is so cute. I think I will light it up tonight. Good Luck with the pup. Is it one of the ones on Petfinder?

Cherie, My daughters are both allergic to most jewelry too. I am glad that you found something that doesnt break you out. That was very sweet of Alan.

Kempy, The alligator cheese is too cute. The kids keep asking when we are going to cut into it. Little pigs.

Well, I have to clean up the house a bit.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #80  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, When we got Mickey home from Tenn. he had worms and the vet gave me pills once and I didnt have to worry about it afterwards.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #81  

You are welcome Angie. Glad you like it. She isn't from petfinder. A breeder has her about 20 minutes away from us. You know, I wanted to get a rescue but like I said I need something that will not be timid and be gentle and get to know my kids, especially with my son. Having them grow up together may just be the right idea. I am looking around the house and there is tons of stuff I am going to have to puppy proof. Just like having a crawling baby that puts everything in their mouth.

Thanks Cherie and Angie about answering my question.

Cherie, I could not tell Cassie was 10 weeks all ready. She looks so tiny and small. What a doll.

Kids are calling I got to go. I have leftover roast beef that I may make into bbq beef sandwiches. I am so thankful I don't have to cook....I frosted sugar cookies this morning. Didn't have one! I have made so much candy and junk. But so far I have been staying away from it. When I had my party on Saturday here I tried to put alot of it out to get rid of it. I made a great pumpkin dip by the way to go with my gingerbread cookies. OKAY enough food talk from me, LOL!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #82  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Cherie, that is so great about the earrings. You deserve some diamonds girl! I think the non-irritation is a sign--HE's the one Enjoy your sparkles. I had my ears pierced when I was 5, when I was 6 and when I was 16...and none of the times worked. My body does not like anything foreign in it. (I guess that explains why I only have one child )

Julie, you're very welcome. I'm glad everything got there with no trouble, faster than I thought it would be. Hooray for the USPS! You know, I tried to get things relevant to each person (and with you the word "family") kept coming to mind ) Glad the kids like theirs too. I hope you get the pup too. With Lucky, she had worms up the wazoo (literally!) so she had to get a shot and some pills for both hookworms and roundworms. She came from not-too-sanitary living conditions though, so I'm sure she was a more extreme case. You can tell if the pup has worms also if they have that pot-bellied look. The shot started working just a couple of hours after they gave it to her (if you know what I mean). Anyway, your pup will probably not have the same problems Lucky did if she's coming from a good breeder.

Kempy, I am going to the post office for ya this morning. I hope nothing gets broken in transit.

Angie, if you and Jay ever get tired of baking for a living, you two could do an interior remodeling service. You guys are so good at doing things to your house. Hey, good job on getting your exercise in today Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Well, I gotta get some work done here I guess (I am at work). I'll check back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:14 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

Tis the season
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fleas navidog.jpg (37.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #84  

Happy Monday girls. Cherie I got your card today and it is so pretty. You guys are all so cute. I have it on the mantel for all to see. Julie your gift came today too. Thank you so much. I have a table with all of my candle holders on it so I had the perfect place for it. Thank you too.

I was actually busy today. I did have some errands to run too thought so that helped the time go by. I am almost done with the gifts so now I can just sit back and relax. It is kind of weird around here though. We still have so many people from New Orleans here and they buy everything up so fast. Usually Lowe's still has a good amount of stuff left right now and they are completely out of all of the holiday stuff. Hobby Lobby had to pu out the Valentine's dat stuff to fill the shelves. It is just so crazy around here. I kind of want my town back.

Thanks for the info Noelle I need to check out the online site. I really don't know when I could get to a meeting so I will have to see what will be better for me.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #85  

Julie when we brought the pups to the vet he said that if the momwe on heartworm pills the pups would be fine. He did worm them for us when we got their first shots. If you are getting it from a breeder they most probabaly have the shots taken care of. The schedule for shots is 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 12weeks and the last set is at 16 weeks. (just went through this all) You breeder should give you a paper showing the shots where given. I am almost certain that it is a sort of legal thing to have them covereed b4 they sell them. I made sure that we did it b/c I would feel terrible if one of them got sick from something I could have prevented.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Noelle... YOU ROCK!!! That was just the coolest gift! Where did you find a frame with Wheaties on it????????? It's just too cool!

Noelle found a frame made up of soft coated wheaten terriers.. and she put the picture of the girls and Cassie in it! How cool is that!

I'll be back later... just wanted to share!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #87  

Thank you also Noelle and Kempy info. Glad you like your gift Kempy!

Cherie, your pic is beautiful. What a precious picture!

Gotta go put supper on.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #88  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello all! I'm back in Tokyo and recovering from a bad case of what seems to have been food posioning in Hong Kong. It was awful and I couldn't even make it to the races on Sunday! Ridiculous. But I feel much better now except for a bit of lingering stomach cramps. I hear a lot of other people were sick. Hong Kong is so different from Japan and I hadn't even thought of the danger of food poisoning. It could have been the water even apparently. Well, you all sound very busy with all this talk of presents and dogs. You should call this the dog thread! Take care, all!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:19 AM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls, just winding down for the night. Rick is upstairs trying to clear a clogged drain...a plumber's work is never done

Cherie, I'm glad you liked it. When I saw it I just knew it had you and the girls' name on it. I hope you didn't mind i printed the pic off of your snapfish account. It's not the best quality since I just used my office printer, but I figured you could put any pic you wanted in it later. We have a store here called Best Friends which sells specialty items for dog breeds. Lots of all sorts of things for dog lovers. I'm pretty sure the store is on the mainland too (I know there was one in New Orleans when I was there last) but I couldn't find anything online about it. I'm really happy that the packages have been delivered so quickly too.

Red, sorry you got sick while in HK. Stomach flu is the pits! I wanted to say congrats on your moving weight tracker --I did notice the weight change. Good job! We had THOUSANDS of Japanese nationals here in HI for the Honolulu marathon yesterday. Maybe it'll be a little less crowded when you get back home

Julie, I got your gift today. THANKS! It's so cute and perfect because I just bought some new tealights from my candle-lady friend too. You know how you said you felt the warmth of HI when you got my package? Well, I feel like I could enjoy the snow of WI when I opened yours. Too cute!

Well, I don't know what time I'll be online tomorrow because I have 3 separate appointments i need to keep, then Michael's school Xmas program in the evening. I will pop in to say hi though. Chat more w/ya ladies tomrrow.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #90  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! Well, I have gotten my workout in and the kitchen is completely done now. Me and Jay hung the cabinets over the washer and dryer last night in the utility room. They look really nice...well worth the money spent.

This week will be basically planning and cleaning for the Christmas party on Saturday. I am considering any loss this week temporary considering the food that will be at the party and I may just have a few drinks with everyone. I bought the drinking game shots and ladders for my sis and a roulette wheel drinking game for Claudia so maybe we will play them. I am not a big drinker any more so we will see.The last time I drank was a few years ago at my birthday party when I posted the pics. I am really exciting huh?

well, gotta get to work