Old 12-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #136  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies. I was feeling dizzy for almost half the day yesterday so I kind of just laid in bed. I didn't go to work anyway. I did get a walk in in the afternoon though. Then Michael and Rick got their new purple karate belts I have my WW weigh-in today which I am crossing my fingers for. I will post results later. It's SO HARD to stay on track during the holidays ain't it? I'm so glad I have you guys to whine to though, it makes it a little bit easier. OK I have a little dilemma. I still have not gotten Rick anything for Christmas and I am drawing a blank. My problem is that everytime I think of something he mentioned wanting, he already has gone out and gotten it! How to stop a man from shopping??? Time is running out! Ideas on what you guys got your man?

Angie, I got the Light'n'Tasty magazine yesterday. I don't know what to try first! I will have to whip something up for Christmas even though... Man, I would not want to be one of your neighbors at this time of year--I wouldn't be able to resist eating all them donuts

Julie No stress! Remember that we can't be all things to all people, and most importantly, you can always smile sweetly and say "no". Enjoy the holidays.

Cherie, when I think of skiing I get anxious imagining myself doing it. I think of me breaking a leg or myself crashing into a tree But that's just definitely me. You enjoy your time with Alan and his boys--and you'll be burning loads of calories at the same time!

Kempy, how was your party weekend?

Cal, just a few more days of school!

Dips, where ya hiding at?

Red, I am mailing a card out today. I'd like to see how long it takes to get to you.

Well, gotta get moving and get my butt in to work. Be back to chat later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #137  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, I have been giving out donuts at Christmas ever since we have lived here. My bakery kitchen is in my backyard and all year the neighbors will always tell us how good the donuts smell cooking. The neighbor at the top of our hill works at the bottom of the hill in the mill and he says that everyoine at the mill can smell them cooking when they go outside for breaks.

Noelle, I bought Jay every chrome flame item I could find for the pick up. I know he will like it. I also got him a bunch of marshmallow candies from Valomilk that he saw on the Food Network and commented on. I know those will make him happy.

I know what you mean about having a hard time this time of year. I actually sat here yesterday and ate 3 Hershey kisses before I even realized that I was doing it. Luckily I laid off them for the night but I cant guarantee how the rest of the week will go. I have been having Christmas flashbacks. (just wanting to eat) Especially with 3 days off this weekend. I know I will be making mistakes but I plan to be totally back on track come Monday again. I think that is all we can do just make it a point to get right back to it. Are ya with me??
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #138  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I meant to tell you too that I went to the Mary Kay websight right after you said you wanted to sell it and I ordered the sample of the microdermabrasion set and it came in last week. I love it. It is really expensive but....it made my skin feel so smooth. That is huge considering how dry my skin is at this time of year. I am going to order some I think.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #139  
so close, yet so far...

Hi girls... I just made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to have my knee(s) looked at. It was really hurting last night, to the point where I was limping around--my mom even offered me the use of her cane! She's done with therapy so she doesn't need it anymore. I hope they can give me some good news. I was just thinking, at age 34 my body is just screaming for me to do some healthy things, and so I'm trying, I really am.

Oh, I have to show you guys what Rick gave me for my birthday last week. I couldn't post it earlier because I couldn't find the cable for the camera.

It's a gold ring with square-cut garnet center stone (Michael's birthstone), and a double row of square-cut channel set citrines, and pave diamonds around the band. Can I work at QVC doing the descriptions? I don't know exactly what the parts of the ring are called or where they are (band, shank etc.) but I can tell you how they're set and cut OK the picture isn't so great and it looks much better on the hand...but i love this ring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring resized 3.jpg (13.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #140  
so close, yet so far...

Hey guys, I just emailed some pics of the dogs in their Christmas outfits....I FORGOT to resize them and the files are HUGE. Sorry! I hope I don't overload your servers
Old 12-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #141  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I love the pups pics!! They are all so cute...even though they look as happy as Rebel when I dress him up.

I LOVE the ring Rick gave you. What a sweetie pie he is! That is beautiful.

I hope you can get some good news on your knee. I can imagine how bad it hurts.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #142  
so close, yet so far...

Default Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus

I am back from my weigh-in and I am down 4 lbs this week!!! Man, Christmas came early!!! I can't think of a better present to give myself than a healthier, lighter, happier me. I stepped on the scale and just said "ohmygawd!" I couldn't believe it. I did walk 6 out of 7 days this week, and I did eat out alot, but I guess with all this extra retail therapy exercise (shopping and lugging the bags around) I burned a whole lot of extra calories. I am so STOKED! I was just telling Rick this morning, if I knew it was gonna be this easy to lose 20 lbs I would've started SOONER! But whatevers..... I did it and I'm so proud of myself.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #143  

Hi Girls

Noelle what a ring! You know I have not really got my husband anything yet either. I guess I am buying for the rest of the family first, LOL. I might get him a couple of shirts and a home depot gift cert. Boring HUH? haha...
I hope everything turns out to be okay with your knee. I wonder if they would scope it or something? Might have to use Mom's cane in the meantime! Hope it feels better today. Cut doggie pics.

Angie I think you are right having a little treat for Christmas but the important part you said is getting right back on track.

Gotta run dh just came and wants to wrap presents. Sorry so short. Check back soon!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:38 PM   #144  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WOOHOO NOELLE!!!!! You really are doing awesome! I am so proud of all the walking you have been doing too. I agree that is an awesome present to give yourself. You have inspired me to get through the night without cleaning out the fridge into my mouth too.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #145  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default This is BULLSHIT!!!

DAMN! The MTA went on strike in NYC and it's driving me CRAZY I had to miss 2 of my finals today. They were rescheduled. I'm hoping that my friend is able to pick me up tomorrow so we can drive into the city. Getting back is gonna be a *****! My father had to hitch a ride back to long island because the LIRR got shut down. People are walking through the streets in droves. On top of that, I don't knwo if I'll make it to my parents house for x-mas eve or x-mas. I have no way to get there! I swear if it isn't one obstacle it's another. SO What's up with YA'LL

Noelle- You are so awesome. You are doing so well. I bet you are looking foxier everyday!

Angie- You continue to inspire me.

J- A Home Depot Gift Card spunds fabulous to me

Kempy, Cal and Red, Hope your week is starting better than mine.

I gotta make some calls. I'll keep you posted.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #146  

WAY TO GO NOELLE!!!! I guess those rum balls didn't do any damage! Great job! I am so PROUD of you! What a way to bring in the New Year. A healthier you!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #147  

Dips I heard about the strike, what a terrible thing to happen. I hope you get to spend the holidays with you family.

GoodNight Girls
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 AM   #148  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hello, all! Just back from a trip into snow country for a PR article on a ski resort. It was up on the Japan Sea (well, right near it). I was up on the top of the slopes this morning (didn't ski myself) and they already had 4 meters of snow!
Now back in Tokyo.
Dips, I heard about the strike. Pictures on TV here too of course. People trudging across the Brooklyn Bridge and so. Hope it doesn't last long. You'll get some good exercise in though, eh?!?

And here...is a photo of where I was this morning...ocean and island of Sado are vaguely visible in the background in upper right...

On the right is a photo of Nozomi, one of my three...

Last edited by redballoon; 07-23-2006 at 05:46 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:22 AM   #149  

Hey guys. I have been really sick. So much for the vitamins. The party was great and we all had a great time. Did I mention that we were all going to wear PJ's? Even the guys wore them so it was alot of fun. I was sick as a dog when I got up Saturday and have been ever since. I am just now starting to feel human.

Cal thanks for the calender. I look forward to those each year.

HOLY SMOKES Anige and Noelle look at those weight losses. That is is, I am joining WW next week. You guys have already lost all that I want to lose and look how easy it was for you.

Julie Rhea took a little while to potty train but Echo was easy. It just depends on the dog. Also she could be a little freaked out b/c she is in a different home.

I don't want you guys to think that I want you to order anything from me. When I startedthe company gave me 15 free mail out so I sent them to all of you guys too. I just thought it would be fun for you to see what I sell. Please don't think I was doing to it to sell you something.

Ok, I am still not up to par so I am going to go lay down for a little bit. I will try to pop back on later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #150  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!!

Dips, I hope they can get the strike over with and you can get back to your routine and make it to your parents for Christmas. I cant even imagine how much that must disrupt a big city. We live in a small town of 1200 people so everyone here has to have a car. We dont even have 1 taxi. We are definately in the boonies.

Kempy, I hope you feel better before Christmas. What are you and Joe doing for Christmas this year? Are you guys going to California soon to see his Mom? A pajama party is such a neat idea. I bought my Mom a fuzzy nightgown and she asked if she could just wear it...I guess I will have to send her to one of your parties. She would love it.

Red, I love the pics. Your kittie is so cute. Is he a cuddler? I have 6 cats myself and I have 3 that are really big cuddlers. The rest are only on their terms. One of them wraps himself around my neck and likes to be carried around the house.

Noelle, Are you and Rick going to Vegas after Christmas this year?

Cherie, Have a fun trip.

Julie, How is the puppers doin?

Well, I got in my workout AND I didnt cave into all the temptations last night. I have a spaghetti sauce in the slowcooker for supper so today should go well.