Old 12-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #106  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Awww, what a neat presentation. This one was cool, too: http://indigo.org/friends/
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 PM   #107  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Awww...now you've gone and made me cry!! (Good thing I have a bit of a cold, so no one is the wiser! )
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #108  

Awww, ty for that link Kimberley Loved that...
DianaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:01 AM   #109  

Hello all. Sorry I have been absent! I never get a lot of internet time, so I have been neglecting you all and being a very bad friend!!! So here I am.

Diana, so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have had two as well. No more trying for babies for me I don't think. I might re think in a couple of years, but for now, my life is pretty good. I still get the odd baby sadness but not very often any more.

We had a good Christmas. I got really ill on Thursday and couldn't eat for a couple of days and just drank a lot! By the time Christmas rocked around I could eat a bit, and managed our dinner, and of course all the dessert!

I have managed to lose 5lbs in the last 2-3 weeks. I am hot on your tail Kimberley, 2 lbs to go and I will be at 199!!! Which was my end of summer goal...................ah well never mind, better late than never!

I'm at work at the moment, but it is sooooo quiet! I have only taken one phone call!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 AM   #110  
Shairing her ESH...

Hiya Kykaree! I didn't know you posted on this little group!

I've got a monster cold, and everything that goes with it....UGH! I've been using Zicam, hoping it will get this cold over with quickly.

See you gals around!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #111  

I was one of the ones at the beginning, then life got in the way, but I'm back, well at least for now.

I'm sorry you have a cold, winter is the worst.

I had some bad news today, my dad is in hospital with pneumonia....I rang and spoke to him and he sounds ok, very breathless, but I guess he is in the right place. He has emphysema, and he's 80 years old, so it's always a worry, and he's in Australia and I'm over here, which is stressful.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #112  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, Kykaree it's good to see you again Sorry to hear about your dad, it's tough when they're so far away too. My dad is about your dad's age, and he's on the west coast. I hope he gets better fast. You really have kicked butt with your weight loss. Wow, you are so close to onederland! You must feel fantastic about that. Do you have pics?

Ah, it's tough to lose a pet. I got teary eyed watching both links. Your pic didn't show up at your 3fc link, Diana. I still wanna see it. Have fun at the party, we're not planning on anything big, we have a bottle of Mumms champagne and will get a couple of snacks and we'll enjoy it quietly, which is fine by me this year. You know, we'll put up those gingerbreads for a while even though it's after Christmas, haha. We still have the cards up and our nutcracker.

Jen, I was at Barnes & Noble last night, taking advantage of the sales, and I saw this CD Walking: The Ultimate Exercise for Optimum Health (Mark Fenton and Andrew Weil). Mark Fenton does a PBS show called America's Walking. Andrew Weil is sort of a New Age health advisor. I saw you bought the yoga DVD, and this might interest you as well. I'm a big believer in walking for health. It helped me to really get started.

My head is spinning that I'm showing a loss this week, I didn't exercise at all for 4 days and ate whatever I wanted. I guess I'm getting used to not going overboard, which is a good sign.

Have a good day, everyone.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #113  
Shairing her ESH...

Marge--AWESOME that you had a loss! I'll check out the walking CD....

Kykaree, sorry about your dad. It's hard when they are so far away.....my dad's health isn't that great either. He had 1/3 of one lung removed a couple of years ago due to lung cancer. He had stopped smoking, but went back to it not long after his surgery. He's pretty hard headed--guess that is where I get it! LOL

Hey gals I had a thought: Should we do a group challenge for Valentine's Day? That is about 45 days from Jan 1-FEb 14. What do you think?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 AM   #114  

My dad was a smoker too, he gave up about 10 years ago but damage done I guess. He hasn't taken it up again though, but he still drinks far too much. It was nice to be able to ring him in hospital.

I can't believe I have lost over 60lbs, never thought I would see the day. It's taken a year, but hey, slowly does it is the best way.

I am missing my swimming, the pool is shut for two weeks!!!! I am really missing it, and the gym is shut too. At least my gym at work is open, I went at lunch time.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #115  
Shairing her ESH...

Too bad about the pool....but GREAT to hear about your loss!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 AM   #116  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies! Glad to see you back, Kylie! Our little group is getting back to normal

Well, I'm back at work today after having been gone for a week. I'm glad to find there's not a huge stack of work on my desk--I guess everyone else has been on vacation, too. My weight is up (surprise surprise, falling into negative success on the Christmas Challenge goal), but I'm still at least 30 pounds less than I was at this time last year, so not all efforts were in vain. Heck, if I can steadily lose just 30 pounds a year, I'll be below 200 by the time I'm 27, which is a goal I'd like to reach before I start trying to have children. Of course, we'll see where life is at that point, but it's nice to know it's a truly attainable goal

Along similar lines, my mom bought me 2 shirts for Christmas. When I took them out of the box, I didn't think they would fit (they looked narrow for me), but they did! I think it's the first Christmas in YEARS where I didn't have to return, exchange, or "pack away till they fit" any of my gifts

Glad to read that everyone had a safe holiday--any exciting plans for the upcoming New Year's Eve?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 AM   #117  

No firm plans for New Years Eve, I suspect we'll wander to our local pub and kiss a few locals (erk!) and perhaps wander the main street and go to a few other locals. Last year we were in bed by 10, so we're going to aim for midnight this year!!!!

It's so nice to get clothes that fit. For my birthday in June, Col bought me some pyjamas and as I unwrapped them my heart sank as they looked so tiny. I was dancing around our little house when I discovered, to my delight, that they fit!!!

For 2006 my goal is to get to 160lbs at least, and my stretch goal is 140lbs. Its quite scary my ideal weight is apparently 127lbs...........which I just can't picture at all!!! Right now I will be tickled pink just to get to 199!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #118  
Shairing her ESH...

Welcome back Jill! Hope you enjoyed your time away. It's great when you fit into something you didn't think you could!

Kylie, you may find YOUR "ideal weight" is not what the charts say! I'm going to lose weight until I am comfortable, not until I hit a certain number. 199 is my ultimate goal, but if I want to lose more I will.

New Year's Eve: Alan and I are planning to go out with our English friends to the local village that has several pubs and restaurants. It should be fun!

Anyone have goals for the new year, besides weight ones, I mean? I'm working on mine....
Old 12-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #119  

Talking Gm!!!

GM ladies, and WB Kylie...glad to see I was not the only one MIA for a time LOL...WTG on your weightloss, you are doing an amazing job ! I will say I agree with Jen though..Even doctors have been saying that charts are nice to aim for, but not to follow 100% due to bone structure, Muscle mass, etc...It says, for me, my weight should be 155, but, if I were to weigh that, I would look sickly...Keep it up, You will get to where your body should be...
Goals, other than weight, HMMMM..well, too get my house very organized for once...I am so sick of the chaos...MY Husband's job may be in jeapordy though...His plant is going to be laying off a LOT of people this next month or so...To be honest, I doubt GE will even have a plant here within the next few years, they are farming work overseas, and to other countries ( Mexico is one) ...The plant he works at once had 20,000 people at it, now there is just 1000...and they will be laying a LOT of them off..he has been there over 16 years, so is high up, but still, he is worried now..So, if this happens, we already decided, the house is going up for sale, and NC here we come...We can get over 340 for our house here, go there with over 200,000 left after the mortgage is paid off, buy a nicer, larger house than ours here, for 220,000 and have hardly any mortgage payment...and he can get a decent job to boot, not as much money as he makes here, but with such a low mortgage, and such low cost of living, we will be better off...so that may be in our plans sooner than we thought...Have to see I guess...Well off t figure out why my pic is not accessable...((hugs)) and have a great day! PS: I know I am so out of the loop, but, what is ONEderland?

well here is my Profile, maybe it will work now:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/member.php?u=37343
DianaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #120  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

When I joined TOPS back in March, I had to get a "goal slip" from my doctor to prove that I had seen a physician and had a healthy goal set for myself. He saw that I was over 300 pounds and asked one of the assistants to check a weight chart for my height. She came back laughing with a number insanely low (like 117, I think...I'm about 5'5) and said even SHE could never weigh that little (she was a tiny little thing herself). He agreed that that was crazy, and we agreed on 150 as a goal weight (of course, only after him giving me the speech about how losing ANY weight would be a great start and make me healthier, blah blah blah). I just found it amusing that both the doctor and the assistant were eager to roll their eyes and ignore the number on the chart
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote