Old 11-17-2005, 08:00 AM   #16  

Re: posting weight

I weighed 131 yesterday on the scale at my YMCA. It's about 3 lbs. above where I'd ideally like to be, but it's well within my WW goal. SO I'll plan to cut the points back to 24, up the exercise and check again next week Should make a difference.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #17  

Hi! Everybody this is a very good idea of reporting weight and see what the weight will be next week I would be weighing in tomorrow too......... would definetly like to be in challenge...
yesterday did 35 mts of TAEBO did good on food and water. outside is 24 degrees dare not take my toddler out.......
so long girls back to my TAEBO I want to master it by next Thursday the whole 57 mts of it.
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #18  
Wishon a star

Cool

Hi all!

I don't have anything to report for yesterday. My pedometer went on the blink and the one I bought to replace it will have to go back because it doesn't work either.

I didn't do any walking during breaks or lunch as I was away from the office at a luncheon that lasted 4 hours! This also caused me to not consume the water I normally would.

I walked at first break, but without a pedometer I don't know how many steps I took. Hopefully I will get everything resolved and be able to post numbers again next week.

Bonniebelle, I'll join your weekly weigh-in challenge. I better write myself a note to remember! So I will be able to report some kind of number!!

'K ladies, I don't feel great about this post, but I'll keep at it!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:36 PM   #19  

LardButt reporting for duty. I'm still out of town, but decided I couldn't live without contact so brought the laptop I've had almost no time to use... This will be another short post.

Sushi, good to see you back on line! It's so weird when people suddenly disappear, and so nice when they equally suddenly return to the fold.

Progress so far: I started this week's goal this Tuesday, and on Tues and yesterday I pulled off the no-white-flour challenge against all odds. Today, so far so good. I got in my 5000 steps yesterday, but not Tuesday. By the time I got into town and into my hotel room, it was time for the Biggest Loser, and then time to sleep. I won't post more now: gotta go out to look for some non-white-flour food and walk those steps and then back to work.

Catch y'all later.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 PM   #20  

Hello! I have decided that since I can't seem to STOP EATING I will just stick to my 21 day challenge for now. I would say I'll try again on Monday, but next week is Thanksgiving and there's just no way.....so hopefully I'll see you all the Monday after Thanksgiving! Thanks, and good luck to all of you!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #21  

Bonnie, next week I'll add myself to the Thursday weigh-ins. Right now I don't have access to a scale.

Today was a sh***y day, but you guys are lucky: I already unloaded on the other thread. Be glad, be very glad.

About 7000 steps today, and still no white flour that I know of. I felt a little silly at breakfast (provided as part of the conference) taking my egg benedict off the muffin and scraping off the sauce, which didn't leave much. I confess adding a few home fries did make it better... I think next week it'll be fried foods that bite the dust. Home fries are not necessary in this life, just a bad (and fairly new) habit.

Keep smiling all!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #22  

Default Night All

Hi Ladies - What a great idea Bonnie has for a Christmas Challenge! My goal is to increase my challenges every week until Christmas and lose 10 lbs!

Today I finally lost the 10 lbs I gained when I went to Houston! I am back to 232! I overslept and didn't have enough time for my treadmill workout but I did 60 girlie pushups and 100 crunches. Also got in 64 oz of water

Elanjel what would I give to be 151 let alone 131. As a matter of fact I would be a rail at that weight. How tall are you? Did you lose all your weight with weight watchers?

Bonnie for today's goals and for inspiring us all to get on the Christmas bandwagon.

1of3 hang in there - you are doing great - This challenge will help us all make our weekly goals count for something.

Apple - we'll be here when you get back!

Carla for making your white flour challenge - I did no white processed food for 3 weeks when I was reading High Voltage's book "Energy Up!" and lost 18 lbs!

Sandy you are awesome - Tae Bo your way to a better, healthier body. Mmmm perhaps I should break out my Billy Blanks tape too!

Have a great Friday ladies!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:52 AM   #23  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies

What can I say...?
Thank you for the welcome back.

I'm working full time now (until mid-January), sitting down all day in front of the computer and spending over 2 hours each day commuting, also sitting in the car. I leave around 7:30 am and seldom get back before 6:30 pm, too tired to do anything. Can't descibe how my body is feeling - stiff, sore, stiff, sore, stiff, sore... ugh. I can't even skate because of how far the rink is in this city. Add to that staying in someone else's house and not having much freedom when it comes to storing and cooking my own food, and you'll see where I am with my weight loss efforts. I think I've gained back every single pound lost over the summer and, after months of wowing "no", I had to go buy some new clothes just to have something wear to work (can't do up the buttons in any of my old "smart" shirts and blouses).
I'm trying - I'm watching what I eat, I signed up for yoga and am starting tennis lessons. But it's just not enough, just not my lifestyle. I need to be out and about and moving.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting.

What do you think of this mealplan?

Breakfast - whole wheat toast and yoghurt, cup of coffee OR small bowl of fibre cereal OR toast, fruit, milk
Snack - carrots (3 medium ones), sometimes a skinny latte
Lunch - small "coffee" cup of miso soup and about 3 cups of various fruit (cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, pineapple)
Dinner - sushi (surprise! ), usually 2 rolls - they're a bout 3 inches long, rolled in seaweed, not too thick, and I have salmon and avocado or shrimp and avocado or seaweed

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 11-18-2005 at 06:24 AM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #24  

Hi! Everybody! todays weighin is at 154.2 lbs.
yesterday did 40 mts of TAEBO and 30 mts of abs and arms with tamlee web. For Breakfast ate 2 egg white 1 wheat toast with 1/3less fat cheese cream and 1 cup milk with coffee and splenda. Then went shopping late lunch was 2 home made skinny tortillas and chickpea soup, and tea in evening and dinner was a chinese buffet ate little bit of everything I liked their lots of fruits from the dessert bar. and I have already put my wt at the top.
Today tea so far........so long girls got to go and do exs

Old 11-18-2005, 11:14 AM   #25  
Wishon a star

Good Morning!!

My weigh in weight this morning is 199. My scale is old and analog; I'm hoping to get a digital sometime soon. In the meantime, I will work with what I have.

After whining about my broken pedometer(s), I went to Target and bought batteries for the old one....and what do you know!, it works again!!! Oh, the wonders of new batteries!

I walked in the morning without logging and figure I got at least 2,000 steps; steps after lunch equaled 3,389. So all told my estimate for yesterday is approximately 5,500...I'm estimating office steps and steps taken at home in the evening. Water intake was marginal.

I don't know if I will walk today, it is hot (already over 70 degrees at 8am) and very windy....again! Story of the week.

I will work on my eating plan this week. I bought the book "Eating Right 4 your Type", based on eating for your blood type.

Wishing everyone a good weekend!
1of3Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #26  

Default Tgif!!!

Just a quickie before I go off to my Toastmasters' Conference. Got in a 20 minute workout this a.m. and another 1/2 mile walk this afternoon on the way to lunch

Sushi - we are so glad to have you back Sounds like you are really challenged. Let us know how we can support you! I agree with Bonnie about the protein. You need it to build muscle (as it replaces fat) and it will also help you feel fulfilled.

1of3 for being in "onederland."

Sandy for your weight! 150 is my goal - I have a long "weigh" to go but you give me hope.

Thank you Bonnie and everyone for breathing new life into this thread and stretching our weekly challenge beyond the current week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:15 AM   #27  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies

Re: protein, that's tough. I'll try to have Brie on toast (with strawberries - YUM!) for breakfast a couple of times per week, but that's it. My dislike for any and all meat is growing stronger and stronger... I can hardly eat chicken anymore. Is seafood (shrimp, mussels, squid) good for protein?

I used Fitday in the summer and found it very helpful, but the problem I have here is that every single product has nutritious information in kilojoules, not calories. And I wouldn't be able to keep up with logging everything, just don't have the time to spend online.

I've been thinking about my challenge for next week, but haven't decided on anything yet. I'm sticking with getting the water in, no sweets, and no food after 7 pm, but those don't really feel challenging anymore. Something more challenging would be nice, but at the same time I want to be sure it's not too challenging, so that I don't end up not doing it because it's too much.

Perhaps a bike ride each morning? Especially since next week I won't need to leave until 7:50 am or so. I went for one this morning, and it was fun, only my second bike ride in YEARS, and I didn't get as exhausted as last time. There is a nice bendy dirt road just around the corner. The goal would be to improve my time and not have to stop to rest too many times - going there is tough, as it starts with a hill and then most of it is on a slight incline, but coming back is just cruising along.
Tomorrow is Day 5 of my new 21-day challenge (running), and my leg muscles are really sore. So perhaps I should challenge myself to do some stretching as well...
I'll give it some more thought.

I so wish I could get below 60 kg by Christmas... but I don't think it's going to happen. I just don't know how I could achieve it, none of my recent efforts seem to have any effect. And in my current situation it's just not possible to work on it as hard as I did over the summer. But then if I did achieve that, then maybe I'd be able to start believing again that I actually can lose weight? So the question is... HOW to get there?

Ladies, tell me, what do you suppose would be a realistic time frame for me to get to 130 lbs and then 120 lbs (from about 144 lbs right now)? You're so much more experienced than I am when it comes to fighting the pounds. I don't know, maybe I just want it happen too fast. But then is it wrong to want to see at least 1 pound gone each week?

troubled and confused Sushi...

Last edited by Sushi Penguin; 11-19-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #28  

Hi! Everybody, Bonnies article is very informative, sushi pl dont be disheartened you wont believe I am beating around wt 154 for weeks now sometime I put on 3 lb make it go 157 then again I slowly come back to 154 in 2 weeks I too got tired and wrote in one of my postings that wt loss has become boring....... but now this challenge of writing the wt and then see how much I loose in a week has again charged me and has motivated me a lot. Yesterday I fought my craving of eating junk and choclate twice I am proud of myself today....... I hope I am able to loose a pound at the end of this week.
so long girls...got to go
Old 11-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #29  

Mscat, where would I get that High Energy book? I'm seriously thinking of expanding the no white flour to no white food, and need some inspiration. (I bought two pairs of slightly too-tight pants I want to be wearing by Christmas...) Enjoy your Toastmaters' conference. Is it out of town?

Sushi, Bonnie is right: you need to make sure you get enough protein. Sushi is all very well, but white rice is not very nutritious. You don't need to eat meat, there are lots of soy products (isn't Japan pretty much awash in tofu?), dairy is good, eggs if you eat them. And seafood and shellfish is excellent.

So far, with today, I have 5 days no white flour, 3 days at 5000 + steps. (Today was a wash on the bonus challenge.)

I have a sneaking suspicion I may be back under 200.... tomorrow will tell. But I won't be changing my ticker until I finish a 21-day challenge, which could take a lot more than 21 days at my speed. Bonnie, I'll report on my weigh-in and will join in on the Thursday weigh-ins. That was one good idea you had there! And congrats on that first pound off!

I'll be back tomorrow: it's getting to be time to hit the hay - it's been a long day.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 PM   #30  

Hello from Onederland! (Again.) The Wednesday weigh-in is fine with me - it'll give me less time to slip and go back to the terrible twos... Bonnie, we seem to be neck and neck: I weighed in a hair under (or over, depending on scale placement) 199 this morning. If I can just keep at it and get under 190 by Christmas, it might pull me out of these blues that just won't quit. The next few weeks are going to be quite a challenge though, with all the Christmas invitations starting, so maybe the idea of sticking with the no-white-flour (maybe no-white-foods-at-all) is a good one. Paired, of course, with no alcohol.

Be careful with those hot dogs - they're good but oh-so-addictive. I didn't renew my membership to Costco, but kept finding reasons to drop in for their giant hot dog and bottomless diet coke... notice the past tense. I hope your Wed and Thurs absence is for something enjoyable.