Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #16  
Janice

WELCOME SUZY!! I loved your answer to the question. So True!

Gayle - You sound just like me when it comes to pets. I spend a lot of time rescuing and redirecting. I know who takes birds, racoons, skunks, turtles, dog rescue groups, cat rescue groups, you name it. One of my best friends is a vet. who does rescue and release for baby racoons. Thats how we met, she was giving mine shots.
Dee- Please don't send that weather to Ontario. I saw that on the news and I'm just not ready. Need to get new snow tires yet.
My second surgery last week went well. I can type again.
Sherry - I love your new picture. I'm glad you're feeling better.I have been on low carb since November 2nd, and am now back to where my ticker says I am. I had gained back nine pounds. It comes back SOO fast.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #17  
Losing it!

Do you have a racoon Janice? They are adorable!!! I would love nothing more then to do some type of rescue work with baby animals. Steve has swore for years he wants to keep me away from that type of job or any position where I dealt with animals on a daily basis. He says I would feel sorry for each and every one of them and there wouldn't be any room left in the house!! I'm glad the surgery went well!!! How soon before you go back to work??? BTW: CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!! Isn't it amazing how the pounds pack on so much quicker then how they come off???

Dee, you keep that dratted snow at your place!!! So far, so good, I want a dry Thanksgiving and Christmas too for that matter. Do you have all your christmas shopping finished??
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #18  
Losing it!

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep. I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned -- the dark meat and white, But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees "Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please!"

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump; May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump;

May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize; May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #19  
Janice

Gayle - every spring we end up with litters of baby racoons. We bottle feed them and them place them into a large pen in the back yard. We have a baby pool in there and buy minnows so they learn to fish. We gradually keep human contact down to a minimum, so they learn to be wild again. I have kept them over the winter but by spring even I'm afraid to go into the cage. Doug goes in then, when they are sleeping.
I take them to a wildlife sanctuary in the fall, where they are released into an large bush area that is fenced in so they can't get out. They are fed still in this area and then released back to the wild. It is wonderful to see them released in the spring. They are so interested in the new surroundings and everything in it. Just the way nature is supposed to be. We tag them all before release so they can be identified if something happens to them. They are fed in the new area but gradually they stop going to the feeding station as they learn to fend for themselves.
My weight went down another pound this morning so I can finally change my ticker- YEAH!!
Dee- The storm is on its way, just a few flurries so far this morning but the sky is black.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:14 AM   #20  

Hello

I'm making a very quick post at work. My computer at home died! Yep, it completely crashed. I'm dropping it off this afternoon to be fixed. Hopefully it won't take long. I'm not sure if the mother board crashed or what.

Gotta go!! I love you all and I'll post when I get my computer back!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Hope to have you back up and running soon Sher!!!! Those darn people, don't they realize you NEED to check in with us throughout the day!!! LOL!

Dee, ok, as you well know, you lead the most exciting life of any of us here on the board...we live our fantasy lives through you....so, what about those wild nights of passion and romance you once shared??? No goatee story??? No lizards loose in the room story??? My, my, your slipping up in your old age!! LOL!!!

Awesome story Janice!!!! I agree with you, wild animals should never be domesticated. I've always heard that racoons get an attitude as they reach adulthood.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #22  

Janice I am glad to hear that your second surgery went well. I was just thinking about you before you posted. I can't believe you can type already or are you finger pecking? Our first snow fall that stayed was as much snow as we usually get for the month of November. We got 18 inches and it is back at it again!

Sherry I sorry to hear that your computer is sick! Hopefully it won't need a major overhaul. I feel like I need one. Oh yeah I guess I just had one.

Shelley can I come and visit you? I don't like the snow any more. I would rather have sand between my toes.

Gayle, ok, ok I will fess up. Do I have a story or two to tell. I just haven't had the time to tell it......lol I have held off long enough. Here it is......I hope you know now dinner will be late.

Well once upon a time there was a Princess called "Princess Darlene" who was celebrating her 25th anniversary with Toad Larry. You see she hadn't kissed her toad enough to turn him into a Prince. As many times as she tried and tried and tried she just couldn't change him into a Prince. She lived happily with her Toad but alas she wished and wished that he would be her Prince. After many years of marriage she forgot all about her wish and became accustom to having a Toad for a husband. He was kind and sweet so that was of most importance. Toad Larry booked a mini vacation at a luxurious resort in a dense forest for them to celebrate their 25th anniversary. It was a warm and inviting place with a view over looking the lake on one side of the cottage and on the other side the view was of a babbling creek. On the first night as Princess Darlene snuggled and kissed Toad Larry by a toasty fire while romantic melodies playing, Toad Larry excused himself to go out for a few minutes. What a thrilling astonishment to Princess Darlene when she seen Toad Larry return not as a Toad but as Prince Charming Larry. He bestowed a scarlet velvet crown of jewels, golden pantaloons, and a hot sizzling sexy crush velvet ruby vest. Princess Darlene and Prince Larry had a Royal Ball that night. The goatee was a great disguise and a royal treat that I can’t mention here….lol The moral of the story is never give up on your dreams Your Prince could be right under your nose.

Time to get my dinner going. A true story it was.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:07 PM   #23  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh Dee, what a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing it! I have a 25th anniversary coming up...maybe I should print it out for my toad.

Sherry, I hope your computer can be fixed quickly!!!

It's cold, blowing and snowing here tonight...yuck! How many days until spring?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:54 AM   #24  

Dee-You do lead the most exciting life of any of us here. You two are so romantic, and your details are always so vivid.

Sherry-Hope your sick computer gets better soon. I know you can't post too much at work because big brother is watching.

Janice-I had no idea you were such an animal lover. It's wonderful what you do for the raccoons. I always see dead ones in the road here. I'm so happy that your surgery went well.

Gayle-Cute poem!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #25  

In my royal forgetfulness I forgot to reveal that my Prince Charming presented Princess Darlene with pink princess garments. It was made of sheer fabric, a mini belly chemise, and Jeannie pants with a face veil to charm the onlooker. Princess Darlene appeared delightfully lip smacking.

Suzy go for it, if you are celebrating your 25th you deserve the royal treatment. Show the toad see if he becomes a Prince Charming!

Shelley I get bored easy, can you tell? I need excitement in my life. It is fun to write about our trips and excursions.

Gayle did I scare you away. You persuded me to take time to post my story and Poof you magically are gone!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #26  
Janice

Dee- WOW!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #27  

hello girlfriends!
gayle,
i understand bout being the butthead of the family,its that way tween me and my sister,today me and cat hafta help mom clean up the house for my sister is coming up mon. but i cant be nowhere around!
stupid!
and brians mom is blaming me for everything wrong in her life!
brian isnt interested in contacting her cuz she is a alcoholic and he says she keeps bringing guilt stuff up .he was molested by a babysitter when young and she was a stripper and was with differt men all the time and he had no childhood cuz he was forced to bring up his brother and sister.
he wont let cat just go over there.
cat is 13 yrs old and she has only came over 4 x in her life never since we have been here witch has been 4 yrs. so its my fault he dont do what she wants.
she emailed me tues to tell me i was a spoiled brat and i was suspicious and my family wasnt normal,and she told her whole family that!
as far as shes concerened she was dead to us!
ok now whose being a spoiled brat and not a adult?
omg i wanted to write her back but he says forget it,i havent yet but i want to!
not fair for her to slam me and i cant defend myself and my family!
tell ramona she is in my prayers!
i miss her!
i couldnt get in either,i had to redo everything!
awww on the puppy,has it found a new home yet?
love the poem.

sherry,great news on chris coming home on christmas!
thats the best news ever!
great pic!
im sorry bout your puter!
gosh i know how that feels!

janice,wohoo on your 2nd surgery!
now you can heel up and go on!
you go girl!

dee, love the way you tell your stories!

shelly,hows the house cleaning going?
im bound bent on starting mine!

wheres debby?
is she still here?

everyone have a great day!
hey did i tell you i got the dvd that i was stressing about?

hugs to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doni-2-HughJackman-Pooks1.jpg (10.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Allison is now the proud owner of "Sophia" we will call her "Sophie"...the owners never claimed the stray puppy we found. I made a call to the shelter today and Allison and I stopped by to see if the puppy was still there. I knew she was, but I wanted to keep it a surprise for her. Sophie will stay at the shelter until tuesday so she can be spade and have all of her examinations and vaccinations. This gives us enough time to get her pen built etc.

Doni, I have a brother & two sisters I have no contact with. I see it as I'm living my life the best I can and if they make unwise decisions, it is their own doing and I am not going to feel bad about it. Don't let your sisters acusations and crude comments get the best of you....you know your a decent person with a nice family... most of the time it boils down to jealousy.

YES DEE!!! I"M HERE!!!!!! Just had to go take a loooooong cold shower after reading your hot full of romance post!!!! I'm glad the Princess & Prince had a wonderful anniversary, hopefully they played it safe and there isn't any little "toads" in the works!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Shelley, have you guys picked a college yet? Will you do anything special for graduation such as a meal or party?

Well, I better go! I will try posting next week when I can, but I will be super busy. I'm working long hours at the store because of the holiday week and I am smoking the turkey for the dinner at Steves folks. I just found out a few minutes ago that I am now also making a pie and salad.... I can't get away buying a frozen pie...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:47 PM   #29  

Gayle-Mike is making 2 smoked turkeys for mom's Thanksgiving-1 for Thanksgiving day with us and 1 for the day after, when my brother's family will be in from NY. Becky wants a graduation party and still hasn't decided on a college as of yet. She has applied to 4 or 5 in the state. We'll see what happens. I'm not sure what we'll do for the party. My dad checked into using his clubhouse, but they don't allow more than 25 people there at a time. She wants something really laid back, so we may just go to Lakes Park and barbecue there.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #30  
Losing it!

Shelley: Does Mike inject any flavoring into his turkeys? I'm trying to decide what I want to use. I had a customer tell me it sounds strange, but it is really good...he takes a turkey breast, pulls back the skin and shoves pickle relish between the skin and meat, then smokes. He says it is wonderful...kinda hard for me to believe.
I agree with Becky, it is so much nicer to have a laid back celebration! We purchased a few sub sandwiches, then had chips, salads etc along with the cake. I also measured out a snack size candy bar wrapper (such as kitkat/10 for $1.00) and made up personalized labels that I glued onto the bars for party favors. Liz thought it was kinda cool, it had her name, graduation date, etc.
Closed Thread