Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Marti!

Jeez, you've posted and gone while I was writing that stinking novel. Well, I was watering the yard in between! So glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you didn't overdo it yesterday. You are the second person that has mentioned a craft fair and I am dying to go to one. While we were in Columbus they had one going on at Riverwalk in the one building. I wanted to go so bad but it was Josh's time and I didn't want to take away from him-that would have bored him to death. Isn't that smilie just the cutest?! Going to have to check and see if there are any other new ones. So how far is Klamath Falls from where you guys live?

Okay, so I am outta here now. Just wanted to say Hi to Marti

Have a good one ladies!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

I am sooooooooooo tired! Up and down / up and down. Thinking about tacky glue and mod podge.

What is mod podge Katy??? You holding out on me or something?? lol Sounds exciting.

I have made 15/16 candy canes. I need to go get some more beads tomorrow. Gaby couldn't make any because the beads have such little holes. She is so cute she goes " I an't do it".....that is the way she pronounces it - without the "c".

Rach was up til 3 am and finally got up to watch tv until 5 am when I shooed her back to bed.

These kids are going to give me grey hair!!!!!!!

Co worker is working here today. He called last night offering to help with winterizing the building. I mentioned we had our maintenance man out on sick leave.
So, he brought me a package of cookies - lol I thought that was sweet. He offered to take me and the girls to the Zoo Lights in the coming weeks - so that was nice. *sigh* who knows -- sheesh. I am just tired and am enjoying crafting. lol

So, what do you think I should do Marti? Maybe get a box and put all the things I want to share with Gaby's father in it?? All her arts & crafts and such?? It is 5 months now since he has seen her. Just is sad to me. He is such a self centered arse. It is all about him and Gaby is so cute.

better get,,,,,,starving!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hi again...

Thought I would check in real quick before I head to the post office.

Cristi--There are crafts fairs going all over! I'm sure you'll get to one before you know it! As for how far K-Falls is...I had to ask James. He said it's 2hrs away. So about the same distance as Portand is from here. So either direction he goes, he's only 2hrs away. He had sent me some photos of the snow over there. I can't believe there is snow already. Which has me worried that it may snow here this year...........everyone wants it to, but I don't since I have a long drive to work (at night!) and driving in snow isn't fun. I would have to call in MANY times for that!

Susan--I would put whatever it is that you want Mike to have from Gaby in a box just like you said. And when he finally decides to come around and be the father that he's suppose to be, it'll be there. That way he can never say that she never thought of him. I have a friend who is having problems w/her ex, her boys live w/him. And as of right now, they refuse to see her. (so sad) But I told her to just keep writing letters and put them in a box, so that way, they know that she's always thinking of them and that she'll always love them and will never stop. It makes her feel better. I know it's a different kind of situation, but it could still help.

Ok...I have to go to the post office and mail some checks. Jhanai is getting her teeth pulled today and I had to make sure that it's getting paid for!

Hugs to you all!

(can you tell I like that smilie?)
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #34  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi ladies~

Back again! Just can't stay away

Susan~I agree with Marti...that is a GREAT idea! Hey, have you thought about making a scrapbook too?! I bet one of these days he would really enjoy that. Maybe take pictures of Gaby on special occasions, or every month or every three months, or just on her birthday and put them all in a scrapbook along with things she makes or pictures she colors or draws, or even a photo album. I did that with the kids...I made them all a photo album of pictures from the time they were born until I made the albums. Actually, just put them together. Of course mine is a different situation too because their dad is dead. But hey, a box is a good idea. Maybe get a plain box at Micheal's or even a shoe box and let Gaby decorate it. There's all kinds of stuff you can do. I know Mike might be acting like an a$$ right now but I do think eventually he will come around, hopefully sooner than later. Can't believe it has been 5 months since he's seen her, that's terrible.

Marti~oh, don't mention snow! They actually said something about a winter front moving in tonight and I kind of laughed. My first thought was, yeah, like that rain we got Saturday?! I am not ready for snow and I don't cherish the thought of you driving through it either. I can deal with it during the day but I don't drive in it at night. I am such a wienee when it comes to driving in snow and ice. Well, that's good that James is only 2 hours away. It may seem far but 2 hours really isn't. Unless of course there is an emergency. Bet the snow is pretty up there though. That's a great idea about your friend writing letters and such and putting them in a box. I have seen things like that happen so many times and it is sad when one parent turns the kids against the other. I don't know why grown adults can't set a good example for their kids and act mature in front of the kids for the kids sake. Eventually, the mother will have her time with the kids and then they may possibly turn on the father for doing that so no one really wins in a situation like that and that is just sad. I like the smilie to!

Well, I was on the computer writing Josh a long letter and just wanted to check in and see what's going on if anything. I watched my favorite, well, one of my favorite movies tonight, While You Were Sleeping! Love that movie! And now there is nothing on. Vince teased me because the movie was one Friday night and I watched it and it was on the next day, Saturday and I watched it again! I think I could probably watch it every day, that and Sleepless in Seattle which I watched Friday night. Another fav I think we have is Home Alone...it was on Saturday and then on again Sunday evening and I watched it both times. I think we have it but if not I would like to get it. Love MaCauly (sp?) Caulken when he was young and in that. That one and Home Alone 2-Lost in New York, but not as much as the first one.

Anyway, Hi to everyone!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Connie - hope all will go well for your DD. The best way I know to deal with weight issues is to just start writing. Whatever pops into your head, about anger/insecurities/weight/weight loss. Actually, I did this on a tape recorder because I couldn't write or type nearly as fast as my thoughts came pouring out. Then you can begin to deal with it.

Marti - glad you're better. I like the new smilie too! So cute. Hope Jhanai is ok after the teeth pulling.

Cristi - a big WOO HOO to you for 2 more pounds down. You're really kicking butt, friend. I don't know about you, but when I'm exercising better, it makes we want to eat even healthier. Kind of like I don't want to blow the good I did, you know?

Susan - not sure when Katy will see your question, so here goes. Mod podge is like a thin glue that dries clear. You can make collages out of pictures and then spread the mod podge over it all to seal it. Yep, kid'll give you grey hair, lol. Or worse. Mary has a magnet on her fridge that says: "Insanity is inherited - you get it from your kids."

Speaking of grey hair, I'm headed to the salon tomorrow. A week late. My stylist (also my nephew's wife) has had problems with her aging mom and dad, and she took last week off. So I really, really need a touch up and a trim.

Other than that - no news today. Same ol', same ol'.

Have a good one!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:18 AM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Not much news here either. We are trying to plan a short trip back to IN. to see to a few things. Hopefully right after turkey day and back in 8 or 10 days. Should have all the details by Wed.
I got in a great walk today. We plan to keep it up...weather is so nice. Now if I can stop eating. Today I had chicken tortilla soup and a salad for lunch. Dinner was cottage cheese, crackers and an apple. I then screwed it all up and ate a handful of M&M's. Story of my life!
Hey...I told DH that there were a bunch of gals coming to Vegas in June. I said "too bad they can't come while we are here." He said "you can always come back for a few days." Woo hoo..... Now, if I can just hold him to that. If so I can plan to meet up with you JL's while you are here.

Sorry..no individuals again...
Old 11-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #37  
RosieKate

A quick hi from me today

When I used to work at the fabric store year ago, mod podge was used for decoupage, just like Jane said. Back then people used to decoupage everything, like lampshades and trash cans....do crafters still like to do that? For me, though, there's just no beating a low-temp glue gun!

DD4 is off for an EEG this afternoon. She's exhibiting some worrying behavior in her classroom, tends to shut people out to an extreme sometimes. While all concerned so far think she has a slow to warm temperament, the doc wants the test to make sure we are not overlooking anything neurological. So I have her up early to sleep deprive her. They want her to take a nap during the test, so here we are. She's watching Dora the Explorer and I am mainlining caffeine!

I did great at DS' soccer party last night! Only ate two small pieces of pizza and a big salad - no beer...calories came out ok for the day. yahoo!

Have agreat day everyone, send "Go to sleep" vibes our way around 2 pm PST, lol!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #38  
One day at a time

Smile

Good morning ladies~

Man did the weather change overnight! Brrrrrr, it's cold! And the wind they say is blowing 35-50 mph! Vince and I laughed at the weather man last night because he mentioned snow and guess what? It was snowing this morning! It was actually mix of rain and snow and the temp right now is a warm 32 degrees! Okay, mall and treadmill here I come! Anyway, nothing much going on or to talk about. I did get half of my book read last night. Vince was teasing me asking me if I was going to finish that one tonight (last night) and I said I just might! Was up until 1:30 reading it because I kept saying, "One more chapter" and then would read another...didn't want to put it down.

Jane~thanks! I'm trying to kick butt anyway! And yes, you are right...I too want to eat healthier because I don't want to blow the good I am doing-I refuse to gain this weight back. I realize I may go up a pound or two once in a while but I will not go up more than that. Just so tired of going up and down and up and down. Just need to get back on my walking schedule and be strict with it.

Sue~that would be great...you meeting up with us in Vegas! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Katy~hope everything goes well with DD and the test today. I think there are some who still decoupage today. I've seen some on one of those shows on HGTV, can't remember which one. It's a decorating show and at the end they show crafty ideas.

Susan~forgot to say, Zoo Lights sounds fun. I am definitely going to have to go to the one they have here. Wichita Zoo isn't the greatest but it's okay and I think the lights would be pretty. I think they call it that here too, can't remember, never went. We did go to this museum, Old Cowtown Museum one December. It was freezing cold but we braved it to see how the westerners celebrated Christmas, was kind of cool.

Well, that's about all I have. Nothing going on...definitely not going out in the wind and cold today except to mail a letter.

Take care ladies and have a great day!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:33 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - wow, that would be great if you could be in Vegas with the rest of us, especially since you know the town so well. Tell DH you have all of us for witnesses that he said you could go, lol.

Katy - yep, portion control is key. Sometimes easier said than done, though. It's amazing how long I can make a single serving of my favorites last, lol. Hope all goes well with DD4. Let us know, ok?

Cristi - I haven't had a chance to check out the book thread yet, but I will so I can find out which book is so good. Its supposed to snow here tomorrow. Well, flurries, anyway. Which brings me to....

Carree - hope you'll jump back in, we'd love to hear what's been going on in your life.

There have been tornados again in Indiana. One touched down about 40 miles from here in Oden, and they aren't sure of the death toll yet. Katie was at school, but Mary's family, Neal and I went to the basement to wait it out. That's only the 2nd time in the 5 years that I've lived out here that we had to resort to the basement. I felt relieved when Katie and Terry each called to say they were ok.

Gotta run..... see you tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Smile Happy Hump Day Ladies!

Hello Jaded Ladies!

Man it was a cold one last night. It is a little chilly, okay, cold, this morning. I thought I was ready for it but I'm not! At least the sun is shining, makes it a little warmer. Can't believe the guy across the street had his sprinklers on this morning and they didn't freeze last night. Was supposed to have a hard freeze last night.

Katy~thinking about you and little Leigh and wondering how things went yesterday.

Jane~glad you guys are fine. That's some scary stuff-tornados. I've never seen one or been in one and don't want to! Earthquakes are bad enough. Of course the damage from both are about the same and with a tornado you have time to do something, well, most cases. Anyway, glad you guys are fine.

Carree~hope to see ya around here, it's been a long time!

Marti~hoping you are better too!

Well, today is Wal-Mart Wednesday! Everytime I go now I think of that...I think Angie called it that. Seemed to be a lot of people there today and I went early. It looked like a lot of people were getting stuff for Thanksgiving. Saw a lot of baking stuff and turkeys. I did get a few things for our turkey dinner so I don't end up getting it all at the same time. DD wants a ham so I think I will cook that on Thanksgiving day and then have the turkey on our actual Thanksgiving Dinner. Anyway, I was ready to sit down for a while after that and putting everything away. My back went out Sunday and I haven't been able to do much. Tried to walk yesterday and it was kinda funny! Funny, because I had to walk very slow and hold on for dear life! But it felt good to walk even if it took 20 minutes to do 1/2 mile! That is a horrible time for me, but hey, at least I was able to do something. Today it is better, but it feels good to sit down. I just hate being down like this and not being able to walk. I have to get back on track with my walking! I have to!! Anyway, not much else going. Went to Wally world, to the post office to get stamps, Christmas Stamps and then to get gas and a car wash. I like the Christmas Stamps this year, the cookie ones are cute! That's what I was doing last night while watching My Name is Earl. Has anyone seen that show?! Oh my goodness, it cracks me up! Didn't finish the cards though, will tonight. Thought I better get to doing it because I will mail them before we leave for GA. Will have too much to do when Josh comes home. I plan on spending a LOT of time with him while he's home. Vince and I are headed to SAMS this evening when he gets home to pick up the necessities. We ran out of Calcium and vitamin E a while back and I need to stock up on water. I've been getting it at Wal-Mart but it is a better buy at SAMS, you get more for about $1.00 more. Wal-Mart it's 24 for $4.98 and SAMS it's either 32 or 36 for $5.98. Anyway, I'm getting chatty.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Look, look, look! These are soooo very cute!

I'm like a little kid in a candy store, or a toy store!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-16-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #42  
RosieKate

"That's where I'm gonna Bedazzle my initials", lol! I love My Name is Earl!

Leigh was a little trooper yesterday. She underwent an EEG, so she had to be tested asleepfor ahwile, then awake, and then breathing hard for 3 minutes. That's alot to ask of a 4 y/o, but she did it. We sleep deprived her a little by waking her at 5 am, and it did the trick, She was good and tired by 2 pm and it didn't take much to get her to sleep. She did ok with the "brain hat" as well. That's what we called the cap with the node-thingys on it. Couldn't figure out another way to describe it to her. The results go to a pediatric neurologist, then on to her pediatrician who will have blood and urine test results, then she will hopefully call me soon to tell me what's up.

Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but she kind of checks out at school sometimes, could be problems filtering all the stimuli at school (like a sensory integration problem) or she could just be ignoring people because she wants to be left alone sometimes and it's a bit of an extreme response, in which case we start researching temperament resources or exploring play therapy or whatever.

Lots of fun

Jane - glad the tornadoes didn't get to you, but it sounds like a scary time. Are they done? Hope you don't have to go to the basement again.....

Gotta go to the bus stop - Later everyone!

Old 11-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #43  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - I bought some of the cookie stamps, as well as the Madonna ones a couple of weeks ago. Really like the cookie ones! I've got everything I need for my T'giving dinner, except the rolls. Will wait til Tuesday to buy those. I'm afraid to wait until Wednesday, lol.

Katy - November is awfully late in the year for tornado weather. But the weather patterns have changed so much, nothing surprises me anymore. Hope all turns out well for Leigh. Sounds like she's going through a lot, but it'll be worth it to get a diagnosis.

Took Terry's kids to see Chicken Little this evening. Macy got a little bit scared. Although it's rated G, there were a couple of scary parts. All in all, it's a real cute movie, though. While I was at the theater, I bought some tickets for Katie and her friends for the 12:01 AM showing of Harry Potter on Friday morning. (Thursday night??) She's a Harry Potter freak, lol. They're expecting a sellout around here so that's why I got the tickets early.

Speaking of Katie, she ought to be hearing something from Disney any day now. Although I've warned her to not get her hopes up, she has, and will be devastated if she doesn't get accepted. I will be, too.

Gotta surf, then it's bed for me. Nightie night, chickas!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We made our flight plans to head back to IN after turkey day for 10 days. Have meetings with the builder and a few other things to take care of. Darn, I hope it isn't too cold back there. I have a feeling it will snow...JUST FOR US.
Sounds like you all have your Thanksgiving plans under control. Since there will just be the 2 of us we are considering going out for dinner. We have done it before and other than not having leftovers it was pretty good.

I am crossing my fingers about being in Vegas in June. Something to look forward to.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 AM   #45  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane,,,, the weather pattern is down right scary. We are having warm weather here...as in a lite sweater warm. The next province over has snow 12-14 inches in one days snow. Fingers crossed for Katy...I hope she gets it.

Katy,,,I hope all is well with Leigh,,what a lil trooper thought to have that procedure done.
I now have 2 shawls made..Momma Chris is mad though shes behind in your knitting...for her real family...*yikes.

Cristi,,,Monte was telling me about this group who are against Walmart...that they have a web site and everything. How they unfairly treat their employees. Not sure if I want to know more cause well I like shopping there.
I have to stop at this store called Home Sense and buy two chairs,,,they are called video chairs...looks like bucket seats for a car. But I guess they massage and the head rest has speakers in it. Not sure how but when the boys are playing their games they can have this massaging and whatever. Thought that would be a great gift.

Marti good to know you are feeling better. Love drugs... I had a brutal migraine...happens here in the foothills...Chinooks cause barometric pressure that affect alot of people. Plus I usually feel yucky a week before TOM. So I was doubly wammied...and was physically sick..ya. Explains the .6 lbs loss. Cause I have to tell you all...*humbling I binged on nanaimo bars! 6 whole pieces,,,i figured it to being about 7 points each! That could also be why i was sick...but who knows. Bad Bad Nanaimo bars. Ive given most of it away. Took a package to Tanner's hair stylist even... btw He now has super short hair,,,and such beautiful hair color...deep rich mahogony (sp) He's in wrestling and had a tourny today..won 1 ,,lost 2...hes pretty sore right now...poor kid.

The play starts in 1 week...excited. I have Rups wig done...*sigh friggen thing was driving me to drink! try braiding 15 feet of sinthetic hair,,,like braiding spider webs. Was told last night need to make another wig like Rups,,,but black and not as long. (Sleeping Beauty) ~ teeth gritting was done. There are about a 1/2 of the staff at work who are coming,,,they walk by my desk each day and see me making things...one day it was toes, out of plaster. They wigs...and yesterday I hand sewed baby bunting clothes. Was kinda cute,,,I had stained them with coffee to take the bright white out. And they were pinned around my cubical...like a line of clothes..lol Today I struggled with the wig...if someone from afar was watching they would of thought i was doing some weird interpetive dance...lol
Anyways thats about all thats happening...need to get my windshield fixed tomorrow. I have 3 rock chips and before it gets cold and spreads lines everywhere I will get them filled.
*night
Closed Thread