Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #61  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Morning, Queenlies!

I'm still tired from Sunday, but not as bad as yesterday. Am doing all in my power not to get ill from stupidly overdoing. I think I just find it hard to accept that I can't get away with doing as much as I can possibly do, but need to reserve some energy. Ah well. Once I get my immune system built back up I'll be able to move mountains again. Am doing very well, food and exercise-wise, in any case. And that's a triumph, even, because so often when I'm tired I push on through at work and then feed go on "autofeed" as a substitute for rest.

Kaylets, there is just weird work/job energy out there -- no question, things are in flux. I think it's going to mean good things for you!

Empress A, pls. try to get some rest and look after your own divine self! Love the MT quote -- so applicable, always!

Ceara, hooray for the stellar days! That's all that's required!

K, dovies, I'm off again (but not by much ). Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-15-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #62  

Hello all!

FULL MOON in the palace!

So far, everyone has been right, I have not heard anything from the outside interview I had last week.... Am trying to stay focused on what's in front of me... but things keep sneaking in.... for instance, what is their pay schedule and will there be a "gap" btwn paychecks.... but I am doing my best to push away thoughts of things I cannot do anything about and concentrate on what I can do something ....

Empress.... no wonder you don't want to exercise! sore throat, fever! Puleeasee!
I know you are taking extra vitamins?!? Right?

And WoodNymph you too...

which reminds me..... things do seem to go more smoothly for me when I remember to take the Black Cohosh...hmmmmm guess I should take my own advice and vitamins!

so....

I guess I finally got far enough away from sugar that I have been able to be nearly 100% on plan the past 2 days.....

and already see some bloat coming off the royal bosom....

Hmmmm....

wonder if maybe....just maybe....

My cycle has shifted....

All of these tornado warnings on CNN are hairraising..... Makes me wonder if our Ceara is in the line of fire....

Hi Anagram!, Eydie!, WSW!, Wildfire!

I have a book to read.... just came in at library... A Million Pieces....

Take care all....
Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #63  
Empress/Queen

Default I just noticed ...

That I spelled "eclectic" incorrect-lec in a previous post.

Oh well ... I am really sorry that I don't seem to be able to respond much to everyone these days ... I just do me-me posties 'n go back to bed.

Anyhow, I DO read everyone's posties and am concerned for all the challenges we face, just have a virus or something ... yep, K, I did take extra vitamins today ...

Old Dog has been making noises in the kitchen for about 10 minutes that indicate she has found something on the counter she wants and has pulled it down hoping to consume it. I am ignoring this sound.

Gotta go lie down and read!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #64  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink

It's OK Kaylets...we were in the line of fire...I watch the American stations in MI and OH. Their weather is more applicable to where I live. By the time the Canadian weather service guys have figured out there's severe weather, and issue a warning, the weather has blown by and your hair is gone. This area is the forgotten part of Ontario. So when certain counties in MI have warnings, I know they are just across the river. And Tornadoes are not respecters of international boundaries!
Thanks for your concern though.

Goin' to bed now...I have Kirstie Alley's book up there...something about losing your ***? Think I should peruse it.

Good Night Gracie!

Ceara
Old 11-16-2005, 02:30 PM   #65  

Sooo sleepy today and I did get enough last night. Rainy and gray here - doesn't help, I guess.

Can't seem to get swing of things, think I've put on a few pounds. Shouldn't be happening with all the activity I've had but I guess when you eat everything in sight, it happens.

Prednisone no longer an excuse so I think it's the old "stuff your mouth so you don't have to talk about anything". I'm starting and restarting so often, I think I'm on automatic pilot.

Love the holiday/solstice ticker designs. Trying to think about that.

Did you get your moonroof unstuck yet, Empress? Would have been so nice the last few nights with the full moon and all.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:41 PM   #66  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Anagramatic! No, the roof is just slightly off the track or something, but not really wide "open" ... it won't move either way. I got such a run-around about fixing it, I decided to just leave it for awhile. The car is so great, I just am not going to worry about it.

I am still sick, guys, but have to work a meeting tonight ... see ya.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 PM   #67  
deleted2

Forgive the me-me post, please. I'm overeating these days because of the tension at work between the new director and the old interim director. 2 women who should know better. Painful to watch and so easy to get sucked into gossip and I have to constantly be on guard against that because it will most assuredly come back to bite me in the butt. I HAVE TO find a way to deal with this skillfully and about the emotional eating---I know better, dammit! But isn't that just the way---as soon as you think you have a handle on something, here it is again. Back up to 140 pounds.

Any hugs or advice welcome.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #68  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydie
Forgive the me-me post, please. I'm overeating these days because of the tension at work between the new director and the old interim director. 2 women who should know better. Painful to watch and so easy to get sucked into gossip and I have to constantly be on guard against that because it will most assuredly come back to bite me in the butt. I HAVE TO find a way to deal with this skillfully and about the emotional eating---I know better, dammit! But isn't that just the way---as soon as you think you have a handle on something, here it is again. Back up to 140 pounds.

Any hugs or advice welcome.
No advice, comrade, 'cause we know the drill ... but your self-awareness will see ya through and dinna worrit 'bout that temporary, stress-induced few pounds. You know it'll go away ... I've gotta go or would be here pontificatin' all night ... here's some hugs
Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #69  
the sword bearer

Smile

for Eydie That is tough.

How's things down east Arabella? We had the wind from Kansas here last night...was expectin' a cow or broom to fly by...and today it is starting to snow...I like snow.

Anyway...three stellar days under my belt and I'm thinkin' that the mind is finally in a place where the food doesn't tempt me.......too much!

for Anagram You're doing great!

Gotta run...will try and check in tomorrow but may not...am off again for the week end and have lots to do! If I don't, see you Sunday. Am aiming for another no gain week end!

Tah to all!

Ceara
Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 AM   #70  
the sword bearer

Thumbs up

Well, the scale is showing a downward trend...sure helps the mindset.

Have dusted out the palace...no cobwebs. Hear there is a gala event in here this week-end...will read all about it on Sunday...have a great time!

to all s.........

Carpe Diem!

Ceara
Old 11-17-2005, 08:18 AM   #71  
Momma Frog

Ok, I posted but apparently it ate it....

I got reinterviewed! I got a definate that they will be in contact to negotiate salary!!! Hope they can give me what I want. Is it bad to put as your minimum salary more that what you currently make? I put $5K more for my minimum that I would expect. I think it's fair because we really need it and my time and effort to change companies and everything. I really was hoping they wouldn't ask me what I made now (they did on the form). I was actually going to ask for $10K more than what I make now. Maybe they'll be generous!

On another note....We have another boarder. WTF????? DH brother spent the night (he sometimes does on occation). Then it comes out that he's been told to get out because he's "worthless". He and the parents have had an argument and now he's no longer welcome in the house. We CANNOT afford another person!!! I have to host Thanksgiving and company coming for Thanksgiving, and I have my brother in law on the couch. I don't need this stress!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:26 AM   #72  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Good morning, Queenlies!

No downward trend to report on here! I weighed in this morning at 3 pounds UP , despite good behavior. That's the bad news. Good news is that, since scale purchase two months ago my body fat is down 2%, muscle mass up 10 (yes, 10!) pounds (I think this is in conjunction with the 10% increase in body water content). Am not going to change ticker yet, but will WI every day now for motivation/keeping on track.

In truth, this is an old pattern, something I've always seen in the campaign when I increased my exercise. Nevertheless, y'd think that at this weight, I could squeeze off a pound or two of weight as well, wouldn't you? I think the daily WI is going to really help. But -- it sure hurt seeing that number today, even if the composition is improved, even if I can see positive change. Onward, downward! We have just begun to fight!

On the job upheaval/ out-out-of sorts theme 'round the palace -- it has come to my attention that we're under the influence of a Mercury retrograde -- there ya go! Time to make peace with situations old and new, adapt and relax in the knowledge that "this too shall pass."

Ceara, congrats to you on that downward trend! Shall emulate. We do have a wild wind here, although I don't know where it comes to us from. Also just started raining torrentially a few minutes ago. I want it to stop so I can go out for a walk while it's warm -- 14 degrees, supposed to plummet by this eve.

Amarantha, I hope you're feeling better! As for me-me posts -- thou knowst, always, how welcome they are. Thanks for keeping in touch! And exercise mojo should be banished whilst you use energy to get well.

Eydie, can you make time to meditate? I'd say (never afraid to give advice, that's me ): work on the stress and don't worry about the small and temporary gain! Serenity... soonish... I've committed myself to a 20-minute, non-negotiable meditation in the afternoons. There's just no reason for me not to do it (I know I'm lucky to be able to do this, working from home) -- better concentration, strengthened immune system, serenity, clearer thought processes... Pssst: want to do a little mind/body challenge?

Anagram, this is a sleepy time of year, at the best of times. Can you get a little more rest? I've been trying to take little rest breaks when I'm tired and I'm surprised at how much easier it is to stay out of the kitchen. For me, it's almost reflexive, and almost instantaneous. I think "Oh, I'm SO tired." Sit for another five or ten minutes (rather than getting up from the computer and having a 15-minute break) and the next thing I think is "What can I EAT?"

Dahlings, I must get back to work. Love to all! Let's see what good we can pull out of this retrograde period.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #73  

Height: 5'1"

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #74  

Hello all!

SO, still have heard nothing.... and am wondering if I imagined the whole thing...

Frogger, would seem to me that all you can do is list the $$ you want... if they come back and say " This is too much" then you can say " I am willing to negotiate"...
Keep smiling... at least that's what I'm trying to do on the job front.....

As for the boarder, is he not working??? Even $50/ week would make you feel a lot better about the sofa ....

And on that one I can relate too....

Eydie!! ME TOO! ME TOO!
Trying to stay real but seems like I have a low, low benchmark for how much I can tolerate...and then right to the food...

Anagram.... Maybe its just what Eydie and I are feeling.... stressed w/ no escape hatch....

Maybe we do need a stress relief challenge... YES we do !

I have more to say to all but must make sure I have everything ready for tomorrow's interview ( as I am starting to stress about not being ready)
so I will be back shortly.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #75  

All this interview excitement/stress! Good vibes to all. And to eggshell walking Eydie - hate having to watch every word/action.

Two months now since dh came home. If I look back two months, changes have been gargantuan. So much more progress needs to be made but I'm sure things will continue to improve albeit slowly. A big insurance issue has been lifted and I feel like I've lost at least 20 lbs (in my dreams!) - hoping this and other recent progress will lead to less food indulging.

Otherwise still don't feel it's time for me to be supertough with me but just to doublebelt me to the wagon and hold on and try to make small improvements. Today is the last day for the therapist who urges me to go out while she's here. Ergo my last little walkie but I'm also thinking dh is improving enough I can leave him for 15/20 minutes and carry my hated cell phone in case he needs me. If not yet, soon.

So here we go, FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Here we go!
Closed Thread