Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #121  

Height: 5'1"

Oh noooo, frogger!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #122  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, howdy to Aria 'n Froggie (sorry to hear 'bout that lemon pie/green bean casserole thing, though, Froggie).

Sorry 'bout the brevity mode on this thread. I'm kind o' scattered these days and livin' for the daily challenge to keep me focused.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #123  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Horrible day yesterday -- I was tethered to computer all day (despite warmish sunny weather ) making final adjustments to self-evaluation (ended up 4 single-spaced pages). Ugh. Late morning, we had an e-mail to the effect that they'd let one of the first employees of the company go -- this after similar announcements about 3 others. This was especially awful because I think (and others have the same thought) that the only reason these people are gone is because their salaries are high and the owners are looking to sell, so want to make the company look especially profitable. I can't imagine how grim things must feel at the office. I'm still in shock. The first three were announced as if they'd left of their own volition, this one not so much.

And these guys pay a lot of lip service to valuing employees, having a "family" atmosphere. I'm just stunned (I think I said that already.) I'm dreading the company meetings and party in January. Hope they cancel! They always do a day of presentations about the company. I tell you, right now it would seem like such total BS because of all that would remain unsaid. And they always make it very jolly. Just can't imagine how they could do it...

They've also forced the founding editor of my site into retirement, which kind of breaks my heart. And they're trying to make my assistant take another job. I'd likely get a full-time assistant, but would have to train...

Anyhoo, am soldiering on. Have informed the Universe that I am open to offers...

Am in better spirits today and didn't let yesterday knock me off track (except that I didn't manage to exercise). I'm fighting a cold with all the ammo I can muster. Today I did get to the gym and am just not going to work too hard. I need a break! Going to do the second half of my yoga routine in a few mins and then I think a jaccuzzi with eucalyptus oil and a big cup of ginger and green tea is in order...

Love to all, sorry for the me-me-meness! Let's take this day and do what we can with it...
Old 11-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #124  
wsw

arabella-sorry to hear yesterday was so rough, and about the entire situation. hope you are successful in fighting your cold, too. sending soothing-physical and emotional-thoughts your way.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #125  

Hello all....

WoodNymph... How ugly your job situation has become. And you're right, they will most likely go ahead w/ the January meetings and you will sit and wonder how many else in the room are embarrassed just to be there.

Frogger.... I started to wonder how meringue could go bad cooling and decided not to think anymore.... glad things turned out well....

Somehow, don't know how..... have one idea but think I'm wrong....
Believe it or not, I'm thinking I may not be heartbroken if the job interviews don't pan out... The internal job interview got out.....and suddenly today after months of being passed by, I was offered overtime...
interesting how suddenly I am noticed....

Ah well.....

Did I mention I am now officially 2 days on JUST DOING IT TODAY....and feeling much better although I am shocked at how much my trigger hand is hairtrigger ready to grab anything edible....literally have to force myself away from things today.... not technically "off plan" foods but above the daily limit.
As my Dad says, if you eat enough lettuce you can be fat on lettuce.

I also feel a head cold/scratchy throat coming on....

so.... off to bed ...

W/ a cup of lemon tea.....

Here we go bedtime, here we go....
Old 12-02-2005, 06:53 AM   #126  

Smile Good morning, Queenlies!

Good things: Feeling slightly less symptomatic this morning, also weight appears poised to duck under the next pound mark. Furthermore, I just heard that something I was supposed to do this morning (a quiz mailing) is shoved off to Monday now. So I've got time to do the things I want to get done and also get the house ready for visitation tommorrow. Having the fam in for pre-Christmas get-together -- carols, hanging out, maybe some ornament making. Maybe watch a Christmas movie.

I finally called the hairdresser yesterday to make an appointment and they had an opening at 2 so I took it. Jury's still out on the new do (not different enough from what it looked like before I went, methinks, and I was ready for a change) although it may look better after I wash it.

Kaylets, 'tis the season, is it not, for colds. Ugh. I hope that the scratchy throat was just a rumor and you feel fantastic now! Glad you're feeling sanguine about the interviews -- I know there's a fabulous job holding out for you.

wsw, thanks so much for sending the soothing thoughts -- recieved and appreciated! Amazing what we can do at a distance, isn't it. I don't think you need to feel that you're using being sick a lot as an excuse, though. Being sick just makes everything so difficult. And it's hard to know how much to do when ill. To some extent, you just need to give yourself a break. Of course, we want to do what will be good for our health...

Amarantha, not sure if it was in this thread or the other one that you mentioned Airborne. Wow, that sounds like the stuff! I'll look for it today. All this ginger tea and ginseng and -- oh yeah -- cayenne and so on and so forth is a lot of work. What a brilliant idea to put it all together (not sure if the cayenne is part or not, but that's just one element of about 15 I'm taking. So far, all it's done is made me feel all week like I'm in the early stages of catching a cold Maybe I should just let the cold have its way with me...

K -- off to the races. Going to take it easyish and just do stuff a bit at a time. Love to all -- let's make this a good one!

Old 12-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #127  

Just popping in. It's been a party, party, party weekend. I ate a small piece of ice cream cake, but have mostly been very well-behaved. Didn't manage to exercise yesterday but was on the go all day. And today I got out for a walk. The second pound of this challenge had dropped off this morning so I had to come in and change my ticker before it bounced the wrong way

I'm exhausted! Off to bed, I am Love to all!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #128  
Empress/Queen

Not sure where I mentioned Airborne either, Arabella, but I've also discovered another remedy that I'm starting to believe in ... oregano oil. You can get it in capsules, supposed to be better than antibiotics and is also anti-viral, supposedly. Normally, I don't believe every miracle herb remedy that comes down the pike (oregano oil is popular right now) but have seen some good research on this, besides, I'm desperate.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 AM   #129  
Momma Frog

I'm still alive! Just popping in for a moment. First day on the job, (same place unfortunatly, different company, different project). No one from my new company is here yet, so I', cleaning out my desk for the move (across the room).

I'll stop back by later and catch up and let you girls know how the first day went.

Tootles!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:32 PM   #130  

Good morning! Feeling a wee bit worse again (too many parties, work, stress and not enough rest, relaxation, meditation -- must redevote myself!) I don't feel horrible, just not great. Have a big work day on, but am not minding it too much. Nevertheless, as soon as my lunchtime soup has settled I'm going to head off to the gym and WILL do yoga and meditate.

I have my writing group potluck on Wednesday eve and then DH's birthday party a week from Friday. Those are the only other parties I'm hosting this season, at any rate.

Amarantha -- oil of oregano, huh? Yes, I've seen it and heard the miraculous claims (typed "miraculous clams" first -- do you suppose that's another remedy?)

Wondering about our Wildfire and her upcoming date!

K -- popping out again. Love to all!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #131  
Momma Frog

OK where is everyone??? COME ON LADIES!!!!

New job is OK. Yes, just OK. I sort of feel like the gopher around here though. Maybe it's because I'm new. We'll see how thing progress once I can get someone to teach me what the heck it is I'm supposed to do.

Anywho..I think I may have lost an inch or two. (I still weigh the same). But I have a pair of jeans that I can button and zip up and pull right off of me all the way down. They've never done that before!

I'll check in later.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #132  
Empress/Queen

[color=blue][b]Clams, hmmm. Might work.

I do think the oregano oil lives up to its press ... I feel it is fighting the good fight in me beleagured bod.

Froggie, congrats on the inch loss and the new job. Sounds like you had a good first day, even if you played the gopher ... I personally like it when I'm the gopher ... more fun than runnin' things.

Speakin' o' work, have to go cover a meeting.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #133  
deleted2

Frogger, hope the new job gets more exciting. Trust me, sometimes "just okay" can be a good thing! I hate drama at work and I have plenty of that lately. And congrats on losing a few inches there!

Just think, Arabella is at her book club potluck somewhere even as I type this.

Amarantha, I hope you feel 100% better soon. I can't stand those colds that linger!

I'm feeling good and behaving myself reasonably well. I want to get back to my calorie cycling thing but I can't seem to make that happen. So I'm predicting that I'll simply maintain this holiday, not likely to lose--but who knows? I could have a Christmas miracle yet!

Kaylets, the weather folks swore and declared that we were going to have 8" of glorious snow this past monday but we only got the 'slop' too. Yuck!

I say this every year and I must say it again: there's a delightful little book called "The Christmas Conversation Piece"--it's a book of questions and is a lot of fun to ask questions with a group. Mind if I share a few with you thru the season?
Here's one: If you were going to be Santa Claus for a Christmas Eve, what one amenity or convenience factor would you insist that your sleigh feature?

Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #134  
Hot Stuff

Just stopping in quickly to say hello! Have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger...business trip, parties, DD's oral surgery...and a certain Irishman is coming to visit on Friday morning! I stop in here to read what everyone is up to, but have been keeping a journal in the land far away. After this weekend it looks like things will slow down a bit, and I'll be back. Just not enough time to keep up with two sites!

And on that note, I still have stuff to do before bed! Stay well!
Closed Thread