3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Mom's Losing Weight... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/67867-moms-losing-weight.html)

chrily 02-25-2006 11:40 AM

Jenn-I'm getting my AAS Accounting Technology degree. When I get Nicole into school, then I'm going to take other classes so that I can get my Bachelor's Degree.

Cara-My week has kind of been a wash too. There is just too much going on. I still have alot of homework to do today. I have the girls helping to pick up and all, but its still hectic.

Okay...I'm gonna go and get my homework started for the day. Tiana had a Basketball game at 7:45 this morning, so that was basically the start of my day and its only 9:30, so I should be able to get alot accomplished this morning before I take my two nieces home.

~chris

carlytaz 02-26-2006 08:51 AM

Good morning

hello Ladies,

well today is the beginning of a new day... I will be drinking my water.. cleaning my house and office today so that will keep me moving all day... I will try to get in some actual exercise later:carrot: ... and i am going portion control ... so i think that is a good start... I had my oatmeal for breakfast.. that keeps me full for a very long time... so thats always a plus..

well I hope you are all having a nice weekend... and staying on track...

I hope all the children a feeling ok... well have a great day and i will check back later... off to cleaning I go... :D

God Bless
Carly

chrily 02-26-2006 05:47 PM

Hi Carly, Ellen, and Jenn...I was gonna start eating better today but I'm going to start back tomorrow. I have a baby shower to go to tonight and I cannot guarantee that I'll behave. I'm giving myself permission to be off my program for the night. THat TOM is coming so I am craving chocolate and all sorts of disgusting food that I usually don't have much of an appetitie for.

We've been cleaning out my husband's office today and I have to do my computer assignments too. That's due tomorrow. So I'll check back after the baby shower

~chris

carlytaz 02-27-2006 05:57 AM

Good morning

Morning Ladies,

well the Kids go back to school today... yipppyyyyy.... I wont hear how bored they are all day long... :D Maybe I will be able to get there rooms clean that will be a good thing..

anyways, yesterday wasnt a great eating day but it wasnt a back one either.. today will be better... I even took the skin off my chicken yesterday .. that is a big step I dont do that... but i am going to start.. I told my daughter it was high time we all started to eat right in this house .. it is to hard for me to try and eat correctly and the rest just go about there day.. we all need to be healthy .. so I am challenging my hubby and daughter to a 3 month lets get healthy . and hopefully when hubby feels better he will want to continue to eat healthy ... he is the hard one to get going.. but I am going to try...

well ladies have a great day... I will check back later...

Chris how was the Shower???

God Bless
Carly

upswife 02-27-2006 08:41 AM

Good morning ladies!! You all sound great!! I had a good weekend, but my weight loss did not stick. I am back up a little, but not as high as my ticker, maybe I should change it. I will think about it and figgure it out. I have to get DS on the bus, so I will check back later.

((Hugs))

Losingitin06 02-27-2006 08:46 AM

Good morning ladies :)
Just checking in... brr it's a cold one today.

Heading to the YMCA for 1:00 today :)
My mom bout me a Bullet (food chopper thing).. and she is dropping it off on her way to work.. i'm so excited!..

My goal for this week is to work out atleast 5 days... i'm planning on Monday,Tuesday,thursday,friday,sat and having a rest day on sunday.

Losingitin06 02-27-2006 08:46 AM

Good morning ladies :)
Just checking in... brr it's a cold one today.

Heading to the YMCA for 1:00 today :)
My mom bout me a Bullet (food chopper thing).. and she is dropping it off on her way to work.. i'm so excited!..

My goal for this week is to work out atleast 5 days... i'm planning on Monday,Tuesday,thursday,friday,sat and having a rest day on sunday.

chrily 02-28-2006 12:00 AM

The shower went great...I didn't even eat the cake! Andrea had a great time. She needed so many things for her baby and I think we all stocked her up quite well. You could tell she really appreciated all the gifts. For someone who has so little, you can just see her eyes light up and take in everything about her baby. That is one mommy who is in love with her child. It's just neat to see that.

I, on the other hand, didn't fair so well today. TOM is here and I'm craving chocolate and candy like you wouldn't believe. I gave in and ate a ton..not a little, but alot. I'm feeling guilty. I just don't know why I sabotage things. It's almost like somewhere deep inside my mind, I want to stay fat. But I really know I don't.

I will say, that on the plus side of the day, I drank a ton of water. I spent so much time racing back and forth to the bathroom at work. The Charmin company loves me. ;)

Hey Jenn-Did you try out the Bullet yet? I saw one of those in a sale ad the other day. They look pretty cool. I'm scared of gadgets though...I usually can find one way or another to kill em..

Hey Ellen-What's up with you? I'm up a bit too. I know part of its due to water retention but I know and have to admit, it's probably more due to my overeating and lack of moving. I gotta get out of this rut. I go so good for so long and then *BAM* I'm struggling. Actually, it's more like I have to halves of myself fighting eachother. The one who wants to be skinny (the angel) and the one who wants me to do all the bad unhealthy things (the devil). That's the most stressful part of this...

Gonna go and check my email and relax in the tub for a bit, I think. Or maybe go to bed early.

~chris

Losingitin06 02-28-2006 05:59 AM

LOL i tried the guacamole recepie they had in the recepie book that comes with it.. but they say 2-3 cloves of garlic.. well i put in 2 and it was WAY too much..

i'm going to use it this morning to make myself an omlett.. we will see how it goes :)

upswife 02-28-2006 08:48 AM

I am here, and feeling a little better. DH and I were going to take the kiddiews out side yesterday (It was in the 40's I think), But thena good friend called, and my MIL called and we had to take care of some money issues. In the end the kids went out side and played by them selves for about 40 min, then DH took DS out and played a little baseball. I did not move as much as I wanted but I have to work this afternoon, and that will get me moving a little. I will try to see whet else I can do! It is getting warmer here, so I am going to aim for a walk every day with the kids. Have to get DS on the bus, Later chicas

chrily 02-28-2006 11:52 AM

Jenn-So did you try out your bullet? I LOVE GUACAMOLE!!

Hey Ellen-A would love to be able to walk every day with my kids, they just have so much stuff scheduled. It's harder every day to find time for myself, let alone a walk.

Hey Carly, now where are you????? ;)

My goals for the day are 64 oz. of water minimum. 30 min. of cardio. 1461 for calorie intake. Keep me accountable girls! I need a swift kick in the hiney!
If I'm gonna be at my goal in June, I need to get serious and put in a lot more effort into this.

~chris

upswife 03-02-2006 09:54 AM

Hello ladies! Where did everyone go??? I have been doing well, but today I am a little tired. Dh should be home from work at 10am, so Ia m not sure if we are going to do anything special with the kiddies or not. Hopefull he will feelup to it, He always kicks my can into gear.

Jen How is the Bullet... I lovwe my food precessor, but it is a big hassel to pull out and clean.

Have a great day ladies!!

carlytaz 03-02-2006 10:59 AM

hello Ladies,

sorry Chris... I really dont know where i have been... just busy i think... anyways, I have been doing ok... not great but ok... I am not going to eat after 7pm anymore... that is my biggest time of wanting to eat everything in the house... so putting a stop to that... August is my 20th Anniversary and i so want to look good for hubby.. so i need to get going.. for 2 days i didnt drink enough water but i am doing better today...

how is everyone doing today?? I bet you are all doing just great...

Chris... here is your kick... you better have drank your water and moved :carrot: today...

well everyone have a wonderful day stay on plan...

God Bless,
Carly

chrily 03-02-2006 07:09 PM

Hey Ellen, you said your hubby would be home at 10 am? Is he working nights? How are things going for you? I'm thinking we are all kind of struggling with motivation and all that stuff.

Carly-I haven't been able to "move" today but I will tomorrow. I have all my children to drive everywhere tonight...dance, basketball, store. Then I have some assignments that are due tomorrow. I need to work on those as much as I can.

So today has been good so far. I'm staying right in line with my calorie intake and drinking my water like crazy. I'm trying my hardest to stay on top of everything. I went to my dietician/nutritionist appt. yesterday and I've lost 2 of the lbs tha I had gained. She gave me some more snack ideas and want me to complete a little activity sheet for ways of handling stress. I felt better after my appt with her, perhaps a bit more in control. I think I need to see someone and weigh in more often than once a month. That just doesn't cut it for me. I'm like an undisciplined child...gotta be watched every second. ;)

Okay...Gotta go. TIme to run and start shuffling my kids everywhere. Check back later.

~chris

carlytaz 03-03-2006 06:26 AM

Good morning Ladies,

Chris- I totally understand that needed to be watched every second... I have a hard time with keeping control.. often because no one around this joint helps me with support or other wise.. my husband who is way over weight does not really show much interest in the healthy lifestyle thing.. so he is not support.. then my kids who are teenagers well you know teens they dont really care what they eat... they eat what they like and thats that... so its difficult.. I dont have a scale .. but thinking i should pick one up.. that might jump start me .. just to get an actual size ya know... I am scared though...lol.. but i did really well yesterday with my eating and drinking my water... I stopped eating by 7 which is a good thing... i usually pig out after 8 so yipppy for me on that ... will continue that...

Ellen- how are you ??? hope all is well...

well i need to get moving and start my day... i will try to check back later if i can... have a great day and stay on track...

God bless,
Carly