Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #226  
Cynical RedHead

Just got back from the gym - ran 4 miles in 40:25

I drank three glasses of wine last night to *celebrate* finishing my challenge

Red - it's totally the red hair! Every knows red heads are on their own funky wavelength
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #227  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 1

Day 1 ... hmmm that sounds familiar.. Well last nite after work i guess i was having a relapse with the dang cold,flu, bronchitis what ever the mess was... ... so when i got home from work i laid down and went to sleep till @ 4 am..

So in order to make things easier for myself.. I am just starting over today.. I must have needed the rest.. cuz today I did a full hour of circuit training, plus when hiking with a friend for @ an hour!!

anyway.. I finally feel 100%

oh my I am a redhead!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:12 PM   #228  

Well, I'm not sure if it's time to start over or just a rest day... No exercise yesterday or today, so 2 pause days gone on the CREAK challenge. (Has CREAK croaked?) I may in fact abandon that one since I know I won't do my 30 min per day, and it just makes me feel guilty, which makes me eat. Speaking of which, I'm still okay on the wine, even turned down an invite for a little after work glass while visiting a colleague's new mansion. (I almost HAD to drink to cope with the waves of envy. A HUGE, beautiful place with perfectly designed closets and storage, and so neat you could eat off any surface.) But in spite of the wine challenge going okay, there were treats (little mini oh Henry bars, chocolate cookies, scones...) just begging to be eaten, and I succumbed. As I will tomorrow. (I may have to stop working for this client. Too many goodies.) So today is my first pause day on Challenge number 2 - DETOX. On the plus side, I seem to be weighing in 2 pounds lower again, so even a few days of no wine has an immediate effect. Amazing! No ticker changes until I've completed challenge number 3...

Yesterday I bought a silly new toy - a robot vacuum cleaner called a Roomba. The jury is still out on whether this is another case of more money than brains... But if it does the job (seems okay so far, but a little noisier than I expected) the house will be a lot less disgusting. Next stop: washing all those little cat prints off the once-shiny hardwood.

Fish, many congratulations on your victory. You are amazing, and you deserved every drop of vino.

Red, I like your new challenge: it's a bit like the one I tried (and failed) at - living like a thin person. I need at least a few clear limits to succeed. Maybe if this continues to go well for you I'll get inspired?

TTFN
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #229  

Apple, tomorrow is Day 21, isn't it! Hurray!!!

Shad, you want to watch what you say about us Canadians - we have a way about us, you know? (insert threatening music here). As for the metric system, we're a bit spotty on that one. We still use pounds and feet to measure people, we drive in kilometers, buy food by the lb/kilo (they actually show the prices that way, and we'll ask for 300 grams of sliced ham and two pounds of potatoes), we use Celsius except when it's REALLY hot and it sounds more impressive to say 80 or 90 or 100..., our milk is in litres, as is our gas (or petrol as some foreigners insist on saying). Cigarettes are sold in packs of 25 (not that we ever buy the evil weed any more) ... Are we confused? Yes! Do we care?

Last edited by carla49; 11-11-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #230  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow, a whole flock of redheads! Fish, you know, when I was a kid, all the girls riding were redheads. There is something definitely different about 'em. Curly, I never would have thought of you as a redhead. Carla, are you? That I could see! Oh, and Shad, I meant NORTH American thread.... We got two of "them" here at work. But compared to the Aussies and Irish, they seem quite demure. Well, just typing this quickie at work. I got out to ride this morning! see my girl, and then in here to the slog. The coworker is sprung! (think I mentioned that before) and will be in tonight. We're going to try to coax him out for some beers at break (never takes too much coaxing) and give him ****!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2005 at 03:32 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I am a fake redhead. Not sure if that counts

Day 2 down!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #232  
Never give up

No, sorry, stace, no fake reds. It's next to impossible, if not totally impossible, to fake the soul of a redhead! But you can keep trying and come up with a damn good imitation! Just stay in here and we'll be your mentors! And, congratulations on getting through Day 2!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:30 AM   #233  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day 2 finished.

Did okay. Just wish I wasn't so tired.

I'm not a redhead fake or otherwise. Sort of streaked mouse that's me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #234  
Never give up

OK, streaked mouse, Shad! Great going on Day 2!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-12-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:49 PM   #235  

Wow. I just spent a totally entertaining 10 minutes catching up on the thread. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! You are all so funny.
Yes, I finished my challenge! Amazing, but it was probably too easy. (Thanks Carla, for your confidence in me!)
My next challenge will probably start on Monday. I think I'll keep up with the sit-ups and add some weights for my fluffy arms. My coffee consumption I believe has been corrected, no need to challenge there.
Red, I tried a similar challenge once. I wanted to resist temptation. But temptation would change from "no I won't have any potato chips" to "I'll have just one potato chip" to I'll just have a few potato chips" to "I won't eat the whole bag". No dicipline I guess.
Fish, I think I am going to go out this morning and see if i can still jog. I miss it so much. 4 miles used to be my regular gig, 10 minute miles, just like you. Some day I'll be a runner again!
Carla, I hear you on the guilt induced eating. But have a little more self-confidence! You can do it! I highly recommend my whimpy little exercise challenge that requires only 5 minutes a day.
I'm blonde. And I don't want to hear anything about air....
Hello to Stacy! You're going to love it here! We're all behind you and you'll find plenty of advice and inspiration. Good luck!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #236  
Staying in 1derland!

day 2:

walked a total of 1 hr .. 30 min this morning (2 miles) and 30 min this evening (2 miles)
Old 11-12-2005, 11:33 PM   #237  

Not a redhead. A greying brunette (still lots more dark brown than grey, but the process does seem to be accelerating lately). Two years ago I was briefly streaky/patchy/tortoiseshell, and may go there again.

Not demure either, although of course much more so than those Aussies. (Throw another shrimp on the barbie and call me sheila, right Shad?...)

Apple, enjoy that well-earned break. Breaks are always my favourite part of these challenges.

Red, are you sure taking the wayward colleague out for drinks was a good idea? I hope he behaved...

Curly, don't know how you do it - two hours every day! It took all my get-up-and-go to do a brief spin on Zellda.

Against all odds, today both CREAK and DETOX were on target, which makes Day4 and Day3 respectively, with two and one pause day used up. Twenty minutes on Godzella, and a short walk; no wine or chocolate; extra points for giving away the potato chips provided in the free box lunch. Extra points taken away for eating bacon at breakfast. I think I'll keep on with both challenges, and if I run out of pause days on either and feel the need to sin, then will be the time to start over. It may be a little tough next week as I'm travelling for work, and the client always has plentiful (and taboo) coffee break goodies. But I guess if it wasn't hard it wouldn't be a challenge, would it!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 AM   #238  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Throw another shrimp on the barbie and call me sheila??????? Well that's a bit mild! Why don't you try:

Fair suck of the sav Mabel. Don't you come the raw prawn wi' me. Anyways did youse blokes bringthegrogalong?

The saying that 'He has kangaroos in the top paddock' applies to a great many Aussies.

As for Sheila - was he looking for his sheila and needed to whistle her up or was his sheila's name Sheila? And of course there is the umbiquitious 'dunny' otherwise known as the 'thunderbox'. Geez wayne you could get a bit stumped with the lingo over here. I frequently do, but then I am a quiet, shy, polite Kiwi blokess with a ton of bro's and cousies as opposed to the bright and brash Aussie sheila!!!!! So I am told anyway.

Enough of this linguistic nonsense. Day 3 is wrapped. My dinner is cooking - a salad and some chicken - at least I think that is what it will be. I said that the other day and went out to pick up the laundry and somehow or other it become a blackened mess. Yuk. Eggs did it again! Hey, my brother's the chef not me. Speaking of whom, I went to his place today to sort out his computer (again). Message on my answer machine when I got back from Japan - help, my internet is not working. Got that back up and running again. Showed him a couple of tricks and some photos from Japan and then had to fix his phone. He has the other brothers number but can't put it on the phone list. Hello! Hello! is anyone home? Still can't complain too much. He's pretty good to me.

Okay to get back to what I originally came here to say.

Day three is a wrap. Have a good evening Red. For the rest of you, stay warm, sleep tight and behave!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:36 AM   #239  
Staying in 1derland!

im just doing 1 hour this time carla.. since i am getting my strength back from being sick..
Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #240  
Never give up

Wink hitting the hay....

Well, just back from Kyoto. I thought of you, Shad, as we pulled into Nagoya this morning. Beautiful blue-skied day. Good race and I'm back in Tokyo. No time to write now but I think I can call Day 3 okay. I had to take a pause day yesterday because of the beer. The young guy was okay, though understandably upset by the whole thing, including having to pay $2,000 and having to spend 10 days in a 6 x 6 foot room with no windows and a street fighter (third time arrested) and heroin junkie as roommates. Twenty minutes out a day to smoke two cigarettes and shave. That was the "exercise time." From the sounds of it I'd say he was framed. He remembers everything except what they claim he did. The bar owner looks like a pro wrestler, a young guy. My coworker is a reed. There is absolutely no way he could have injured him. Totally trumped up and no proof. First he was saying he had "been humilated by foreigners enough" and then he comes out with an "I love foreigners" at the hearings. Sounds very fishy and as for the whole convoy of cops who pounced on the guy at the station and then pummeled him, sat on him and nearly suffocated him transporting him to the station, it sounds like a piece of notoriously yak (as in yakuza Japanese mafia) related work. Cops, right-wingers, and yaks are all in cahoots here. Not pretty stuff.
Shad, what does "fair suck of the sav" mean?!?!!? carla, excellent work on those chips! and I do love your CREAK and DETOX names. I have to think up a name for this challenge. stacy, you still on the wagon with that water? curly, you're doing great and....oops, most importantly, APPLE!!!! Hurrah and congratulations on completing your challenge!!! Way to GO!!!!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-13-2005 at 09:10 AM.