Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #61  

Sugar is having an adventure. Cool.

My brother is having an adventure too. He's my kinda off the wall brother. He was laid off work, so he's decided to pack up all his tools and stuff and head to hurricane country to help rebuild. Is it just me or does this seem like unreasonable behavior?

Painty why did I think you were all done w/ chemo, so that meant you were all done w/ treatments. Tell me about radiation. Does it make you feel icky?

Peaches # 3 gratitude made me smile and Bagzie's grati--effin-tudes made me laugh out loud.

I'm wondering how Lushie's DD is doing and I wish she'd stop by and let us know.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #62  
loves kleenex box art

Things I am not grateful for:

1> Kiwi's paragraph's are too long. My eyes cross.

DS will have a cat-scan on Wednesday. Could be a pulled muscle but he had the exact same thing a few years ago.

Sugar, Yay for you. That looks exciting. Interesting. English-speaking. The butcher's wife won't fit in.

Boiled peanuts have been invented, too. For those of you who don't know this or who may have forgot, I once sent Bagz some boiled peanuts and she replied, "I put them right in my compost pile." Hrumph. My church had a boiled peanut social last weekend. Nothing but boiled peanuts were served. I was about sick after a small bowl. People around me at 3-4 bowls. Ick.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:31 PM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i need backup on the effin boiled peanuts---what in tarnation would possess anyone to boil nuts???{well,i am sure there are some good answers to that ,BUT} i mean peanuts you know----WHY would you want your nuts anything but crunchy??? they are soggy and squishy and rubbery and smell like old sox-----------but it's the thought that counts of course----thank you for the peanuts peachers----it gives me a fourth thing to be grateful for-------------i bow to you ,my liege================

Last edited by Bagzz; 10-14-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #64  
loves kleenex box art

I think it's like taters. There are so many taters in the world that people have learned to boil, au gratin, French fry, bake, etc them. Down here we got lots of peanuts. They do kind of smell like old sox though. You should try it. If you can find some nice fresh raw peanuts, just put them in boiling water with SALT and boil them a bit. Then let them cool down and they get squishy. Not so squishy while still hot. You can amaze your friends and .... here's an idea ... serve them at your shop!!! YES!!!! $2 a bag. They'll go like hotcakes or whatever you call pancakes up there.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #65  
Most boring housewife.

Hi all, are you still my friends? I was looking at Christmas cards yesterday and realized that it's been so long since I sent them that I don't get any anymore....except from you guys...and a few people I don't like.
I hope all is well. Painty, are you hanging in there? DD has 8 more radiation treatments. They wear her out. She's doing well, though. She says she's leaving for school in January. The prospect scares the he(double hockey sticks) out of me but what's the point of getting better if we force he to live like she's sick?
The boys are fine. DS1 is in HS now. He's doing great and likes it. DS2 is in 7th grade. He hates it but at least is doing well. DH is thinking about retiring again. I'm thinking of working in Labor/Delivery. I'm completely unqualified but in my search for what I want to do, i've rejected boring stuff and decided that before DH really retires, that's where I want to work. I really have nothing else to report. I'm tres selfish because I haven't even read what's going on with you guys. I'm too depressed.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #66  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

LUSHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SUMMON YOU BY SENDING OUT BARELY VEILED INSULTS AND IT WORKED!!!!!---IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED YOU HAVE COME BACK TO THE RIGHT PASTURE!!!! THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE DEPRESSED HERE!!!!I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU CAME BACK----NOW STAY HERE AND UNLOAD!!!! SOMEONE WILL BRING YOU UP TO DATE QUICKLY----NOT ME BECAUSE I RAMBLE TO MUCH------i do so miss your lovely brand of wit--------one of my favourite quotes "sausaging yourself into your jeans"---a true classic!!!-----you can commiserate with the ladies whose babies will be heading off to school this year-----mine is in second year and i miss her like ****!!!!!!----we don't even need the hockey sticks!!--------i will shut up now and let others carry on but WELCOME HOME AND DON'T STAY AWAY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #67  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, we are still your friends. Try as we may, we don't seem to be able to shake the Lush addiction.

Summary:

Sugar is off to another town to meet English speaking people she does not know.

Wabby has sold her home for a ton of bucks and is moving into a trailer behind Grandpa.

Kiwi follows Kiwiette around as she performs is various arenas. Kiwi has a new puppy with way more energy than Kiwi.

Bagz is doing well with her shoppe in the tourist district.

Painty is insightful as ever and doing well.

Shots is dying her hair herself with intersesting results that give Mr. Lynn, her North Carolina hair dresser, something to talk about with his normal .. I mean .. regular customers.

Cherry pops in every now and then and seems fine.

I am the one depressed most of the time. I won't bore you with that.

Why would you ever want to leave us?????
Old 10-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
It was one of nearly biblical proportions.... (Ok grammar experts, should biblical be capitalized?
Nope, it's an adjective; godly isn't capitalized either.

Here's something I found offensive: on Martha the other day (yes, I watch this train wreck; I can't seem to look away), they had a project for Halloween of making styrofoam tombstones with "funny" sayings on them: there were 3 different ones displayed. "Rest in Pieces" (Oh hohoho doesn't that make you nearly split a gut? ) was one of them. Prominently displayed in the middle was this: "Here lies an athiest: All dressed up and no place to go" Yes, atheist was mispelled. Does this mean it's okay to make fun of all belief systems? I look forward to making fun of fundamentalists and creationists.

Gotta go eat roast chicken which DH made. I will try to enjoy it even though I will end up cleaning the mess and washing the roasting pan.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 10-15-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

Now, see, I'm confused. Does the word "Bible" (I should go look it up, right?) refer to the New and Old Testaments or is a general term for .. something. If it's the proper name of those testaments, then it should be capitalized. Like it were about To Kill a Mockingbird, we'd say To Kill a Mockingbirdcal. We wouldn't drop the caps.

Tombstones are not funny. They are middle school humor like farting. That's pretty funny you correcting Martha's spelling.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #70  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i was a big fan of the old martha show----i HATE the new one with all its yammering and sucking up---it's like do it yerself Oprah----she does boring things and BEFORE she did several interesting things per segment---------------blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh----i still like her on principle but she is BUGGING me.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:08 AM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

I have a black furry alligator on my lap. It is unlikely that I weill bre ablre to ype anymore. LOL uhoh I think she's
Old 10-16-2005, 12:12 AM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

She left. I think she is chewing up a bottle. It is pouring rain again and I guess we are in for a few days of it. The ceiling in the kitchen is leaking again, in a new place and in an old place. I have not looked at my Bushisms calendar in 5 days, a record. I forgot to cash in my LLBean dollars yesterday and they expired. My life is going to the dogs.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #73  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

it's going to a very cute dog indeed!!!-----one of the cat's left a big hudda on the front hall carpet------------they have two litter boxes---------WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!! --it is raining here to kiwonk----JUST like last effin weekend---why does the crappy weather happen on the weekend??----i am making sphagetti sauce to make the house smell nice----i bought fresh basil yesterday and man it smells lovely---------------Carry On.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Sketti sauce sounds lovely. I think the cats crapped on the carpet because they are sick of the rain. We have a new piece of ceiling hanging down. What a dump.

It stopped raining for a bit -- it's just windy and cold. Jet was very funny this morning; she didn't want to go out at all. I think she was offended at the idea that she ought to pee out there in the cold. Haha does she have a surprise coming or what?!

You are still online. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiii
Old 10-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #75  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhh i think i left the site up and dh was online---i changed my recipe---it was going to be sphagetti sauce but now i have added things to make it Jambalaya---i had shrimp,i am cooking chicken and i sent dh out for keilbasa {sp??}----now i must cook the rice --------come for supper----we got the driveway paved last week so ds can play basketball and ball hockey--i was out there a minute ago by myself and shot 20 baskets for fun {it was strangely invigorating since i do no excercise] THEN,i noticed that all the blue pottery flowerpots which weight two tons had to be put in the greenhouse for the winter so WONDER OF WONDERS!!! I ACTUALLY PUT THEM AWAY---AND I even put the garbage cans that were rolling around in the wind INTO THE GARAGE---WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME---HAVE I BEEN TAKEN OVER BY MARTHA ???????--------CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE
Closed Thread