Old 09-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #76  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

wtg ali!!
welcome back jeanne. i was wondering about you. it's great you're getting back on the wagon!
theresa, hope you find your husky. glad you're feeling better.
well dh has to play video games now. see y'all later

Last edited by cadwell125; 09-05-2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #77  

I know setting goals helps me alot and also gives me quite the sense of accomplishment when I do them-making me want to get to the next one all the more. Keep on going Ali!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #78  

Here is a new twist and to keep things in perspective:

What seems to be "nuturing yourself" through food is really self-abuse!

When I read that today in my study, I had a light bulb moment and that statement is so very true! We aren't doing anything nice to ourselves when we do those things and truthfully, would we do that to someone else? I am going to try and keep that in my mind and putting it on a card and sticking it on the fridge so it gets stuck in my head to stay.
Melissa
Old 09-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #79  

Today was a really hard day. I had food on the brain. I should have left the house, but I didn't. I did some work for our company and I cleaned the stove and put up a shelf to help organize my never neat kitchen. All I thought about was food, but I managed to stay OP. A miracle.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 PM   #80  

That is what is important Laura-YOU DID IT-even though it was hard you did it and you should be very happy with yourself. I am told it gets easier and there are fewer episodes. Guess we could take this just like addicts-one day at a time and with the passage of time, we strengthen. I think the hardest part about food being the drug of choice is that it isn't something you can put down and never touch again. We need it daily to live. I am really proud of you!
Melissa
Old 09-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #81  

Thanks Melissa,
I made a big salad for supper with greens and tomato and feta and some diced up chicken. I usually don't eat chicken but it was so good and I think I haven't been eating enough protein and that's why I have food on the brain.
Laura
Old 09-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #82  

I shared a hamburger with the girls (no mayo). I don't think I have ever eaten half a hamburger in my life but you know what? It was enough. Not to mention that eating a whole one is like 9 points and I am not willing to spend them that way. Protein is a biggy. I can always tell if I am low-it seems like I am just starving to death when I know I am not. It was a good idea to give yourself that boost. Years ago I went on the Prism diet but it was just too restrictive for me but the workbooks are excellent so I dug them out and started doing one lesson per day. It amazes me the things I can get done in a day when I am not eating all the time or recovering from eating all the time. I also noticed my son is asking me for more fruit for snacking on. He had the neighbor over today and I swear, I couldn't believe the amount of fruit they ate. They converted one of the rooms in the garage into a boys club. It was great-they were busy all day. Of course now I have wood shavings all over my patio from them making bows and arrows but it was great to see them playing something and not in front of the tv or playstation.
Melissa
Old 09-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #83  

Hi all!
Would love to join your challenge! My how you've grown! I've skimmed through, and you are so supportive. I hope I will get a chance to know you all and support you as well!
It's so true, speaking of the light bulb moments, remembering to treat ourselves with care and kindness. How often we forget!
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
JLoubug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 PM   #84  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Jen! Welcome to the group! We are just getting started on our September goals, so it's not too late to join in. We have all decided that we are going to lose at least 4 pounds and get 10 hours of exercise this month. I've got a lot of catching up to do this week because I fell short last week, so we'll pretty much be starting off together!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:06 PM   #85  

Hey Jen welcome to the group! The more the merrier I always say. Suzy already clued you into the September challenge. We also have a weekly email Wednesday to chart I losses/gains from the week so if you would like to be included in that also, please PM me with your email address and I will get you listed. Did great today although not much excersize really-felt like kind of a lazy day today and it is kind of the last day for us since school starts on Wednesday and tomorrow is a med check for Josh and then we have to go meet his new teacher too. Her name is Melissa so she can't be all bad right? Keep it going ladies! We are going to surpass our goals
Melissa
Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #86  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

oooooo I would say never again But it could be a lie.. I knew going to the inlaws hungry was a mistake - I ate too much & I ate "bad " foods- didn't plan - just ate what was put on my plate. Like potato salad and coleslaw and cake.. I shouldn't have eaten the cake (chocolate w/ homemade buttercream icing).. pure sugar and now i am paying for it- my sugar is way too high when i checked it a while ago and I am miserable cranky and bloated and feel icky now.. why did I do this??? I am so PO'd at myself... I just want to sit in a corner and sulk and pout..
I was going to give up and was thinking I blew it -But my hubby said hey you have a group goal and you are part of this group, not only are you letting yourself down you are letting them down.. So I figured if I posted how not real smart I was, I can get over it and get some get back on tracks and don't give ups and support.. otherwise I think I would have just given up. thanks in advance

Melissa, My daughter's french teacher's name is Melissa and she's great!
Hey Jen Welcome

well I am off to bed it's early but I am so blah - I will set my alarm 30 minutes early and ride the and get back on track.Have a good night all
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #87  

It's Monday night and I needed a sweet so I dipped the bottoms of 4 large strawberries in white sugar. 16 calories in a teaspoon of sugar. Fitday.com says 22 calories in 4 strawberries. 38 heavenlycalories. It was so sweet and wonderful and I STOPPED at 4. Were I not a summer starter, I would have eaten the whole quart, thankyou.
Laura
Old 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #88  

Sandisuze-As Scarlett O'Hara would say, tomorrow is another day. I think parents and inlaws cause eating. The minute I go into my mother's house, I open the fridge. I even eat stuff I don't like. I can't stay near her without food in my mouth, and we do get along real good. It was worse with my late MIL, cause she would always make cookies special for me and I would gobble them down like a starving creature. 2 weeks ago was the first time I didn't pigout when I was with my mom and that's because we met in a restaurant and I didn't go to her apartment. I'll never figure it out and it's ok.
Laura
Old 09-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #89  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

Haven't read through all the posts yet, but I noticed some that I hadn't before, so Hello AllieNVegas, AliLewis and Jen! Glad you joined us!

I feel like I really let myself go this weekend, which sucks after what I thought was a really good start after Friday's workout. I'm going to be really busy through September and trying to meet my challenge goals will be harder than I thought. All my in-laws commented on how good I look, which was great, but everyone kept urging me to try different foods, which was hard. lol--that's family gatherings though, huh. I am 100% back on track now though and I will have to try to get in extra exercise this week to make up for myself.
melra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #90  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Sandisuze-I'm in the food doghouse with you today I'll push you out, you push me!!! I canned some salsa this morning and ate A LOT while I was making it. That wasn't that bad but then I had some cookies that were calling me, then we had a large dinner. I ate a big salad first but then I ate a big serving of beans with little smokies and sauteed mushrooms and onions. I feel terrible and icky right now, too! I should get on the treadmill and walk it off but I don't think I can get out of this chair! Oh, the scale will tell on me Wednesday!!

Welcome Jen, this is a SUPER group! Just jump right in!!

Theresa-I'm so glad you didn't eat the junk food! My hubby would like to have a motorcycle too, but I am SO afraid of them! My dad has always rode Harleys(and my daughters name is Harley) but I am still afraid of them! I think I would eat and eat just so I would be too fat to have to ride on one!

Well all you lovely ladies-I must wrench my behind out of this chair and force it onto the treadmill! I hope you all have wonderful evenings and great Tuesdays!

Catcha all tomorrow!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote