Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #30

Welcome to the August edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:33 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good morning girls. Where is everyone? I am getting bored. Well, I made it through day 2. I am not sure how this weekend will pan out for me since I am making a birthday cake for Clyde but we will see. I am having so much trouble getting into the groove of things this time around. I hope I can do it.

Me and Jay are going to lay a red slate walkway out backgoing to the bakery and house. He is going to buy a snowblower this year since last year the plow guy scraped up the side of the Durango. so he figured he would do it himself this year instead.

I will check back later. I hope someone gets a chance to chat.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  

Hey guys. I didn't post last nigth b/c it was our anniversary so we headed to New orleans for dinner once we got home from work. It was nice to eat somewhere other than here. I just got back from getting the windows tinted on the car. I never realized how much of a difference it makes having tint. We had it in the truck and it was so much cooler. I swear I felt like I was naked driving around in the car without tint. We have a staff meeting today at 11. That should be interesting. Everyone in the place seems to be happy with the new changes but one girl and this is the girl that I grew up with. She is acting like the biggest baby and none of us know why. I try to talk to her and all she does is make small talk. All of this from someone who would spill it all for everyone. I told one of the girls that I was going to talk to her to see what her problem was but then I started to think about it. I am not going to waste my time on her anymore. I have been going out of my way to talk to her and she doesn't even return the conversation so I am not going to bend over bakwards for her to see what is wrong with her. If she is so unhappy she can leave or she can talk to me first. My god, this sounds so high school.

Angie YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I knew you would be able to do it. Who cares if you were too busy to eat if that is what it takes then go with it. I have started to play my SimCity game to keep myself rom eating. When Joe is out of town I will sit any play that thing for hours and b4 I know it it is time to go to bed.

I need to get a few things done around here but I will be back later. I hope we all pop on today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  

Hi girls, how is everyone doing?

Sorry I did not get on yesterday. Dh got off work and we headed up to my dads house on the lake. It was great. The kids went swimming, went for a long pontoon boat ride around the lake, grilled fresh corn on the cob. It was excellent on the grill....not to mention the burgers we had with a fresh farm grown tomatoes on! It was hot as ever but it was nice. We left early and did not get back until late and I was to tired to post.

Angie, way to go. I think you will do just fine with the party. Your walkway sounds really nice.

Kempy sounds totally high school! When I was working in an office I felt like I was back in school working with a bunch of teenagers. It was all a bunch of women who would pick on each other and talk about everybody. I swear working with men would be easier sometimes. You know what I mean?

Gotta run I am being called. Check back later on. Have a good one everybody.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, I'm a little sick and not feeling too well. I may have caught this nasty virus from my computer, hee! I did get to download some pics of the new rims and tires on the Murano, not the greatest pics mind you, but just thought I'd share my bling

Angie, you're doing a helluva lot better than me. Good for you for staying OP, every day counts. I knew you could do it.

Kempy, yup, tint is a must for sunny states like ours huh? I'm with ya on forgetting about that chick who's pouting for who knows what reason She'll get over it or get out I suppose. Life's too short for people like that. Happy belated anniversary! How many years? Many great ones ahead too.

Julie, how's your day going today? Your day off sounded like good fun and yummy food. What I'd give for a nice family day like that. Rick is such a workaholic that I'm lucky to get to spend time w/him on Sundays. I have to schedule in my time if I want him on a Saturday...I guess I should be thankful that he likes to work and is not a bum like his brother right? I'm so bad...anyway, enough rambling from me.

Cherie, thinking about you. Have you started moving yet?

Hello to Cal and Dips and anyone I may have missed. I have to go and find some meds for this stuffy head. I'll try to be back later. Have a good one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PROFILE.jpg (29.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ICE Rim Closeup.jpg (38.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg REAR VIEW.jpg (31.6 KB, 18 views)
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls!!

Noelle, BLING! I like them. It looks so good.
I hope you feel better soon. I hate having a cold during the summer. YUCK!

Julie, Your family get togehter sounds so good. We rarely do that and usually when it does happen it is me that plans it. actually it is always me that plans it.

Kempy, I agree with the girls....Forget about the baby. How is the new setup going? Hows the pups and kitty doing? I have missed so much this summer.

Cherie, I am thinking about you. I hope you have just been too busy to post and nothing bad has happened.We are here for you if you need anything
Old 08-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #7  

Hi girlies,

Kempy sorry I forgot to say Happy Anniversary, best wishes to you and Joe
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #8  

BLAAANG BLAAAANG BLAAAANG!!!!!! Noelle those look so good. I love how your mail labels are the car. I may just have to steal your idea and put our car on ours. We have been married for 8 years. I swear I don't know where it went. I love being married though so I guess I'll keep him.

Julie I wish uor temps would go down. we were out in the heat this evening cutting grass and I was soaked with sweat when we were done. I usually cut the grass and Joe will edge, pull weeds and blow everything off. I don't think our temps will be going down any time soon though. We usually don't cool off until sometime in Oct. Frigtening isn't it?

Angie don't worry my life is not that interesting. You havn't missed much on my end. The salon has moved around but my room is still the same. I do want to paint it though. It has paneling in it right now and I really don't like that. I don't see mysel fgetting in there to paint anytime soon though. I have too much stuff to do here at the house. The girls are doing good. Still bad as ever. Joe is going to start getting the ready for hunting season soon so they wont be bad for long. And as for Spart he is being a total sweet heart. He goes through phases of this. I think he should be getting out of this soon. Before i know it he will be ignoring me just like cats do.

Well ladies I am going to rest my feet after my long day. I hope to chat in the morning.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #9  

Good Night Girls
Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #10  

Well, we were back to school today. At least the teachers were. There are so many new teachers; over a third of the teachers last year moved or retired. The new teachers look so young; most of them are right out of college.
Julie: One of our 8th grade teachers is from WI, but I don't know which part yet.

Noelle: Your car looks great. How does Michael like school so far? I'll bet he's loving it.

Angie: Great to see you around more. The walkway you want to build sounds nice. Ashley no longer has her pool; her dog, Tucker, ate the plug for the top ring. I told her we'll have to wait to get another pool until we find some way to keep Tucker from eating it.

Kempy: I think we're having the same humidity as you are. This morning it was 73 degrees, but the dew point was 67 degrees. The meteorologist said we were trying out Miami weather for a few days. Belated Happy Anniversary. Ours was July 17...9 years for us.

Cherie: I hope everything is going well with you. Good luck on your move.

Dips: Come out and play when you can. We miss you.

Good night ladies.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #11  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girls!!

Hi Babes. Sorry for the absence but my life is just so darn busy all of a sudden. School doesn't start for another month and its already got me running around all crazy. Then I was feeling cranky because TOM came and decided he wanted to stay for TWO WEEKS! WTF. The last time this happened to me I was like 17 years old and though it was a once in a lifetime occurance. My BF is all panicking thinking I'm going to bleed to death.My weight went through some ups and downs like you wouldn't believe I went as low as 133 and then up to 139 and now I'm back at 135. TOM left yesterday so I decided to celebrate and take an advanced aerobics class. It killed me but I felt sooo good afterward. I'm even enjoying the soreness I feel this morning. My BF is even working out with me when he comes over. Yesterday he introduced me to the "romantic push-ups" we face each other while doing push ups at the same time and everytime we come up we kiss. We did 75. They come a lot easier with him for some odd reason. He said he has some other cool excersises to show me...can't wait

Okay so now my personal messages:

Angie- My love, I am so proud of you. You have prooven yourself to be such a trooper! I'm your biggest fan right now!

Cal- Happy anniverssary (belated) 9 years and counting, huh. What a beautiful thing. It sucks what happened to the pool. That's the thing about dogs, they don't know any better so you can't get mad at them. I hope your girl wasn't too devestated.

Noelle- You are one stylin' chick!! Got your rims goin' on and a little personal KArate master in case anyone tries to f--- with you! You are DANGEROUS girl!

Kempy- Congrats to you too on 8 years of marriage. Joe is a lucky guy. I'm in retail so I know how petty chicks at work can be. My supervisor made it a point to hire tem new men to neutralize the estrogen in my department

J- You eat the coolest stuff. Your encheladas sound wonderful! I'll have to come over for dinner soon. For breackfast this morning I treated myself to steak and eggs. In following with SBD I had to balance it out with a cup of vegetable juice (ewww) But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I didn't feel like preparing veggies so I did it the quick way.

Well, I made a commitment with my BF to do 75 push ups a day so I gotta do mine before I go to work.

Later Babes.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! I just got done decorating the peepee cake for Clyde. It came out okay I guess. I am sure she will get a kick out of it. Jay is out tamping the sand down for the walkway and then it is up to me to find a way to lay the slate that I like. We got random peices so it will look rustic.

Kempy, I am so sorry I forgot too wish you two a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too. That is so weird that we were born on the same day and married on the same month too. Ours is on the 25th. It is our 15th anniversary this year. Time sure flies huh?

Dips, I like your idea of push ups although I have to admit that I had my mind in the gutter when you described them. Oh my god a 2 week period? I would go crazy with that.

Cal, Boy Tucker had some fun huh? What a little stinker. He sounds like Mickey. That dog can chew anything up. Hows the temps out your way? Is Ashley excited for school to start? Mine are, they hate being home all summer. They are strange kids. hehe

Julie, When do your kids start school? Mine are on the 29. I just looked it up on the calendar. Too bad we dont live closer we could go hang out while the kids are at school. Have you guys decided on where you want to take your vacation? I am not even sure we are going to take one thisa year. I have been saving for it but I dont know if I should get totally out of debt instead. I guess I will make a decision when the time comes.

Noelle, I hope you are feeling better

Cherie, Thinking about you.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #13  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Tgif!!

Hi Angie- You're a funny girl! Don't feel bad about your mind being in the gutter with the push-ups. When my BF mentioned he wanted to show them to me I honestly didn't think he meant actual push-ups. I was actually hoping it was inuendo. We're both bad, it's okay . Wow, 15 year anniversary! That's a blessing. I'll be ready to celebrate right there with you on the big day.So am I the only one who's had a two week period in life? It would have freaked me out if it hadn't happened to me before but as I said that was years ago.

Anyways, I had to dosome yoga this morning because yesterday my soreness from work intensified and I needed to get some good stretching in to feel better. Stretching is VERY important, ladies. The next day the soreness is slight but it's that following day that really gets you. I'll be in and out today so TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Just an update…. This week has been a pretty tough one for me. I am trying to pack because the girls and I are moving next Friday here to Norman. Due to the previous tenant destroying the duplex, I had to postpone my move til next week. I have so much to do still.

As of last Friday, I finally got to talk to one of Steven’s doctors. At that point, they had just done a laser knife surgery on his lung and discovered he had three different masses in his right lung. They were going to do a procedure where they put a tube down his nose or mouth and insert radiation beads into one of the tumors. The doctor wanted him to also do chemotherapy at the same time. Steven has been and was against that due to how it made him feel before and due to it not being effective. I think on Saturday night, a nurse talked him into it. Sunday, when he called his doctors in to tell them, they told him then, it wasn’t a viable option anymore. His safety net was taken away at that point mentally. Monday, they did a scope procedure to look at his left lung, and they found three more areas. Tuesday they did the radiation bead thing, however, he panicked and couldn’t handle the tube, and ended up having the doctor pull it out after only an hour or so. He was upset that he failed the girls. Since then he seems to be declining rapidly.. Just mentally and physically. I think he finally understands there really isn’t nothing more to do to save him. I have talked to his aunt a lot, and she told me the nurse has told her he is in stage 4 of cancer. They are basically doing the radiation to (in my opinion to prolong it) slow things down right now. She also indicated from her experience, not from what the doctors have said, if he leaves the hospital, it will be to discharge him into hospice care. She has even offered to let him come live with her during this time; she said he won’t be alone. (She had done this in the past with other patients). So far, he has declined. He has been going into some angry rages, and I think it’s due to the medication and obviously his condition.. The morphine is just really changing his personality. They haven’t told him as much about his condition as they have told his aunt. I am going there this afternoon to see what I can find out.

Wednesday, I pretty much hit bottom and lost it here at work. My HR manager got me an appointment with a family physician that day and I went in and finally asked for some medical help with my depression. He has put me on two antidepressants one to use at a lower dose for a sleep aid. Right now, I hate they way they are making me feel… a little disconnected with the world and my thinking isn’t as sharp as it should be. However, I agreed to try it for two weeks to see if it will help. I also went to see a counselor today that was set up through my HR manager as well. I felt like it was a total waste of times as he said, I am very realistic about everything, and I am coping appropriately. What I need is a support system here to help with the girls… and that is something that I don’t have near me, but I am working on it. My brother offered to take the girls for the next 10 days while I finish packing and move, so last night, spur of the moment; I met him and gave him the girls…. They will be in Arkansas while I finish our move and get them enrolled in school. This was their first week of their new day care and I hated making them go to my brothers, but I know they will have fun; it just bothers me that I am causing them so much instability right now. Once we move, I am hoping things calm down for all of us. I just really fear however, the next 4 months are going to be **** where Steven is concerned. Hannah is having a really hard time with this. I am trying my best, but it’s not enough. I am going to get her into the counselor too.. I can get her three visits as well through my work, actually both of them and see if that will help. He is looking for me some coloring books that deal with death and dying to help me talk to her about it. I’m just so sad for them.. Especially her, she is so aware of what is going on.

Anyway…. This weekend, I’ll be packing trying to get that out of the way, so I can have a couple of days before I actually more where the only thing I HAVE to do is work. I am looking forward to that. I am still going to be at the hospital a lot, but, it helps not having the girls this week to take care of.

I'm still around.. just not much mental time to work on me and this weight thing.. I've gained back everything I lost this spring... so I am feeling really bad about myself.. and that isn't helping with the other parts of my life... anyway... bear with me, I hope after I get settled and moved, I can at least try to start back exercising and coming here for the mental break that I need. I'll talk to you all soon.

Cherie

Last edited by PhotogirlTX; 08-05-2005 at 02:05 PM.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

{{{Cherie}}} I am so sorry. I wished I could do something. I know that probably sounds stupid coming over the internet but I am serious. You are such a strong woman. It isnt fair that you guys have to go through all of this.