Old 08-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #106  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

It is so hot and muggy up here. I cant believe I am saying this but...I can not wait until summer is over. Just to be able to go to work and not sweat will be awesome.

I cant stop watching the weather channel to see what is going on with Katrina. I am so shocked how bad it was. I hope Kempy is safe and at least got back to her house in time to board up and get everyone to safety, since this came during her vacation time. Kempy, we miss ya and are all praying you all are safe and sound.

Not much happening here.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #107  

Angie I hear you on the heat thing. Hasn't this been such a hot summer? I think I will welcome those cool crisp fall days. My hands have been swelling like crazy. But I will be wishing for this heat come Jan. .

I wonder if Kempy did make it back in time to get her house ready? I am sure she had to know about it from the media? But the traffic looked horrible on the news. I know she said the pups were going to her Fil's. I hope your entire family is safe Kempy.

Cherie how was your visit with Alan? Hope you two were able to catch up and had a nice time together.

Noelle I hope you are not working to hard today.

Dips how is the stress level? I hope you are nice and calm. Everything will be just fine, this is such a exciting time for you.

Cal have a good week at school.

I actually ate OP today for the first day in a while. I am not going to munch on anything tonight. Just water. Well that is about it from me. Bye for now girlies
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #108  

Good Night All
Old 08-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #109  

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been gone for ages!! Can I rejoin? Am hoping my pic will come up, looks like it was accepted.

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone... I am back at work.. I took a mental day yesterday.. meaning.. I called in and took the day off from work. I needed it. I had a really nice Sunday night, thanks everyone for the nice thoughts. Alan came over and we made some soft tacos and watched Dusk til Dawn, with George Clooney... silly movie, but entertaining. I went yesterday, and just spent the day with him, and we made salsa and went to lunch at PF Changs. Like I said, a nice break.

Today, I am back at work... not really wanting to be here, but I'm here. I've been watching the news and reading the reports on the damage of the hurricane, and I am very concerned about Kempy and her family. I have some other friends that evacuated and are currently in Port Arthur, TX, but I cannot get through to them on their cell phone and I am concerned for them as well. I wish he would call. Kempy.. you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.... I hope you are safe.

Julie congrats on being OP yesterday... I wasn't.. but I didn't do too badly. Today, I am back on the South Beach diet... I have gotten on my treadmill for 30 minutes, for two days in a row now, so I am happy that I am finally doing that again.

Angie.. how are you today?

Dips.. school going ok?

Cal.. same to you.. School going ok?

Noelle.. I saw part of that little league game and it was pretty awesome.. that is so cool you know some of the people involved! The boys of HI did a fantastic job!!!

Welcome Back Holly... of course you can come back! We need all the support here we can get, and will give back to you! :-)

Well, I was trying all day yesterday to get ahold of Steven's HR contact at Cox Communications so I could drop off his death certificate yesterday and get the ball rolling on the very small life insurance policy he had.. but she never called me back. I guess I need to call again today and leave some more messages. I can't believe it's been three weeks. It feels like more.. and then it feels like just yesterday... you know?

OK.. well, I need to get back to work.. my tummy is telling me I am hungry, but I think I am really just thirsty, so I am going to go fill up my water glass. I'll check back in later.

((((HUGS TO KEMPY))))))

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:38 PM   #111  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Tuesday girls...I have a dental appointment this morning so I have a little goof off time right now. it is sooooo muggy here right now, we've been getting dumped on some rain and stuff but there's hardly any wind to speak of. I am not complaining though, we need it badly. There have been so many brush fires on our side of the island it's scary.

Kempy, we really really really really really hope you and your family are doing OK, praying for you!

OMG Holly! Welcome back, always nice to see someone return to the fold. So how have you been? How are the kiddos? How are YOU?

Cherie, people not returning calls is one of my pet peeves for sure. I always try to return calls when I get messages. I hope everything goes smoothly and in your favor! WTG on the treadmill, one day at a time, one step at a time is all it takes. i guess i should take my own advice, eh?

Julie, you too, WTG on being OP. You've got it going on. So the big 1st day of school is coming up for your DS soon. Im sure he'll be fine. I know how you feel about the growing up so fast thing for sure. I had tears for Michael on the 2nd day of preschool and the first day of kindergarten too. Hey, did you choose your dining room set? or was it living room furniture you were looking for?

Cal, that is one big AK cruise party! 96 cabins? That will be one fun trip. I would love to do that cruise one day, maybe for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary in a few years. So how's Ashley liking school so far?

Angie, have you gotten all your new stuff delivered yet? How are your new kitties? They are having the time of their life I bet, they have that posh condo.

Dips, don't work too hard girlfriend. Have a great day.
Well, gotta head out for now, just wanted to say hey and welcome back again to Holly. Be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 AM   #112  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Good Morning Ladies

I was following the coverage of hurricane Katrina for days before it registered that Kempy's home may be in harms way. The fact that she hasn't posted yet also has me panicking. I mean, I know she's been on vacation and all but I just look at the devestation in Louisianna and Mississippi and I think My God, I hop she and Joe are okay. It's so heartbreaking to see people loose all their possesions in an instant and try to figure out how to start all over. KEmpy, let us know how you're doing as soon as you can and if you need anything I'm here for you.

Angie- In all my madness I didn't get a chance to say happy anniversary. I know its past already but better late than never, eh? Glad you like your new do. I've been in braids for the last severeal weeks and I'm so spoiled by them I just keep redoing them. Such easy maintainance. By BF had the nerve to tell me that he's tired of the braids and he wants me to wear my long hair out again. I told him if he's willing to foot the salon bills every two weeks then I'm all for it. That shut him up real quick.

Cal- My first class is on the 8th I'll be in school 4 days out of the week but my first set of classes seem like bullsh*t to me. Writing, Philosophy, College Prep (WTF is that?!) and ofcourse a television production class every saterday. YAY With going to school full time and working full time its BYE BYE social life but I would rather do that and get a degree in 4 years than go part time and get it in 6.

Cherie- I wanted to tell you how proud of you I am for doind SB and taking control of your health again. Tell you what, In solidarity I will go back to phase one and we can do it together because honestly once you get past phase one, it's all cake from there...OMG did I say that?! No no cake, maybe a little but not ALL cake. I meant to say it's all peachy after phase one, YEAH that's it! PEACHY I'm so silly, I know

Noelle- I finally got my financial aide squared away, I'm still waiting on my GI bill money. But all and all I'm beginning to mellow out. My school couldn't be more diverse, you will find every nationality in the free world in that building. It's like being in the Army all over again But I'm really excited.

J- Stay OP! In no time you'll be looking even more fabulous! I'm trying to keep the stress down but just know that my stres is good stress, I'll be fine.

Holly- WELCOME BACK!! reunions are Fabulous! We have so much to catch up on Tell us what's going on with you!

Well I'm off to work but I will be back tonight to see if Kempy checked in.
Later
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:59 AM   #113  

Good Morning everyone! I'm doing good.. had a really good day yesterday, stayed OP and did some really good exercise. 40 minutes of step areobics and after the girls went to bed, I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today, I plan on doing the same, and maybe find my abs tape to do.

Dips... I think I am going to stay on Phase One for a while.. (ok, so I might cheat every now and then, especially if I see Alan) but, I am going to try to at least stick to what I am eating for the next month and see what happens. And it will be a piece of cake.. I don't like cake.. so that didn't bother me. (Pie on the other hand... hmmmmmm).

Noelle how are your teeth? Did your appointment go ok?

Kempy... still sending out prayers... doesn't she live in Folsom? I heard this morning or last night, they didn't have any flooding there, so I was hoping that is where she lives. The pictures and reports coming out of that area is so devestating. I am so sad for them all. It's like a war zone. :-( I'm supposed to be going to New Orleans at the end of October, that is where the cruise is supposed to leave from, but I am sure that could be changing now. We will see.

Hi Julie and Angie and Cal and Holly..... I guess I better get busy working. :-) I'll talk to you soon.

Cherie
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 AM   #114  

Hi girls

No Kempy here yet? Praying that everything is safe with you. Thinking of you and Joe.

Cherie great job staying OP. Also so happy you took the day off and had nice time with Alan.

Noelle I am actually looking at getting a new kitchen table and a new living room set. When I get some funds for that . My tears will start tomorrow I think after I drop off ds at his first day . I hope your humidity lets up for you. But the rain is good, those brush fires are dangerous.

Dips nice to see you!

Angie how are ya girl?

Welcome back Holly. How are the kids, yourself and are you still working?

Hi Cal!

Well girls I was checking to see if our Kempy posted. I have to go find an old shirt for ds to take to school for painting. I am really stressed, because ds and dd start school at the same time and I have no idea how I am going to get her there on time....I figure she will be be 20-30 minutes late for class on good weather days and the thing is it cost so much money for two half days a week to be late. Pre-school cost almost as much as college these days . So I am scrambling to find another one. I don't know if I should just enroll her in a dance class and have playdates with her friends? She is really outgoing and social and my son needed to go to preschool to learn some social skills. So I am thinking about what to do. End of my rant .
Well going to get going I just wanted to check in with my girls . Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM   #115  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. I am so worried about Kempy and her family. It seems like the more pics they show on tv they are getting worse and worse. I hope they are safe. I have been searching the internet trying to find websights for her area and I cant get anything to come up. I read a story about a family in Covington who left before the storm hit and they are worried because they have yet to hear how the town turned out. That is by Kempy I think. She is in Ponchatoula. God, I hope they are all okay.

Julie, School is getting so close huh? You will enjoy the break though once you get used to it. Do any of the furniture stores in your area have the specials going on with no interest for a year. I went with that for the bed because I think I can pay it off by next summer no problem. It would be great if you get big income taxes back like my sis does.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:34 PM   #116  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my girls.

Anigie- you spoke for all of us when you said how worried you are about Kempy and Joe. I've been thinking about her througout the day. The images in the papers and the news are so sad. You just can;t imagine that kind of devestation until you experience it yourself. These days I go to bed at night so thankful for my shoebox apartment in NYC. I try not to take any of these things for granted. Anyways Angie, keep looking to see if Kempy's area was affected as much as New Orleans.

J- I remember my first day of school as if it were yesterday. Both my parents drove me to the school but my mom didn't get out of the car. My dad walked me up. I leter found out that my mom didn't want me to see her cry and good thing she did because I would have cried myself. Once she realized how much free time she would have during the day, she had no problems what so ever driving me to my first day of school ever again. Funny thing though, when I went into the army, my mother did not come with me and Dad to the bus station. She didn't want me to see her cry. It's emotional because it's a sign that your child is growing up and becoming independant. But trust me, that feeling will pass until they move out for good. Good luck on finding a good school or play group.

Cherie- The good thing about SB is that it is flexible so occasional cheating won't throw you off completely. Way to go on the excersise. You are such a trooper. Glad you had a good time with Alan. You so deserve to have fun and smile.

Noelle- I can't stand humidity. Hope you come through yours okay. How are the choppers?? Gotta keep that smile bright and beautiful.

Okay, I'm going to watch the boob tube. I'll check in when I can

Good Night Babes
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #117  

Happy September 1st everyone! I am so glad a new month has started. I have wiped the slate clean, and let go of all the stress from last month. This will be a much better month for me!

I weighed in this morning, and have already lost 3.5 pounds from last Friday when I started on South Beach and getting my exercise back in. I am sure most of it was that initial water weight, but it is sure a nice feeling to see those numbers go down, and the measurements go down ever so slightly. I did really well yesterday by staying OP all day long and doing my 45 minutes of step areobics (I just love it that I now have space again to do that), 20 minutes of abs pilates, and 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill while I was watching TV.

Dips.. how is school going? I just looked at your weight tracker, and you are doing such a great job! I can't wait til I can say I am at 133!!. Still 21 pounds to go, but I"ll get there.

Kempy... still praying for you and Joe and your dogs. I hope you are safe and OK. We are all here worried about you. (((((HUGS)))))

Hi Noelle, Angie, Julie, Holly and Cal! It's month end closing for accounting, so I need to get busy doing all my journal entries that I put off yesterday.

Talk to you guys soon.

Cherie
Old 09-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #118  

Hi! I am so far behind!! Well, life has been a little bit crazy on the home front. I left my husband in May because he refused to stop treating me poorly. On the 4th of July weekend I found out that he had been sleeping with another woman, in my house, in our bed while I was gone (started 11 days after I left). Also found out that he had slept with another woman from work 2 years ago for 1 1/2 months. I found out because one of our mutual friends told me. Long story short, he begged me to come back, I said ok if we leave that town, that house and start somewhere else. So, we are in my home town, and things are so so. Am trying to focus on my kids.

On the weight front, I am down to 135. I seem to bounce between 133 and 139. I am thinking I would be happy at 125-130. I did get a surprise though!! I had my measurements taken at the local gym, and am 1 1/4 inches taller that I thought! I thought I was 5'5 and am actually 5'6 1/4!!

Cherie,

Hi! So sorry to hear about your ex's passing . Hope you and the girls are doing ok (((Cherie and girls))). Great job on getting back on track!!

Noelle,

Hi! How are ya? We had alot of rain here yesterday, and I was at the State Fair of all places, lol! Actually went to my first concert ever, Motley Crue!! My husband won tickets, that's the only way I ended up there!! Was quite the LOUD LOUD LOUD and CRAZY experience!!

Dips,

Congrats on the weight loss!! Great job! You and I are close to the same weight now . How's school going? I have been considering going back for my Bachelor's. I currently have an Associates. Not sure yet though.

Julie,

Hiya! The kids are doing good. My youngest is starting Pre-K, middle is going to kindergarten, and oldest 3rd grade!!! My babies are growing up on me . No, am not working right now. I had a work injury, and am awaiting dr's decision on surgery or no. Hopefully no!!

Angie,

Hi! How have you been?

I too am so worried about Kempy and her family! I hope they are safe!! What a scary time for them . They are all in my prayers!
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #119  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thursday girls Well, maybe not so happy because we haven't heard from Kempy yet...the news is just freaking me out. I am worried but don't know exactly what to do. Angie, did you have her phone number? I really wonder how far away her home was from NO city and if there was any damage to her place. The news just shows so much carnage over there with so many people needing help. It's so sad. I made a donation to the Red Cross thru Michael's school today.

Hey, I have some good news, I actually went walking yesterday. I sent Michael off to karate lessons w/his dad so I took Lucky for a walk. It wasn't anywhere near the 3+ miles uphills I used to do, but I am working my way back to it. It actually felt good to be out. With the crazy gas prices out here (the gas cap law went into effect today) I'm sure if it gets too ridiculous I'll be walking a heck of a lot more. I would like to be a little more conditioned to walking since we'll be going on vacation in 27 days

(((Holly))) Girl, I give you credit for starting over with your man. I think I would've killed mine if he did that to me, but that's just me I am wishing the best for you guys. Holy smokes, you are doing great with the weight huh? Good for you! And dang, what I'd give to find out I'm actually taller than my 5' 3/4" . I'd have to be around 6' to be in the proper weight range for my height But anyway, I'm so glad you're back with us. Motley Crue concert?????? I'm sooooooooooo jealous! Did ya see my avatar? (where is that drooling smiley???) That's my babe Tommy Lee

WooHoo!!! Go CHERIE, Go CHERIE Congrats on the progress! Seriously, I am going to Sam's or Borders and checking out that South Beach Diet book. I would love to join the losing weight club.

Dips, just wondering, how much does a "shoebox" apartment in NYC rent for? Prices in HI are really ridiculous but I'm sure it's the same situation there. I was watching the Gastineau Girls (spoiled rich socialites) on TV yesterday (the first time ever for me) and the daughter was apartment hunting, ending up somewhere on Park Ave hoping to get a $10K p/mo. apt and she's never held a job in her life! It was ridiculous. That show is horrifyingly riveting , kind of the same reason why I like to watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter :

Julie, did you need tissues today? Is it almost time to pick him up?

Well, take care everyone and have a great day...gotta go for now.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #120  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey Noelle,

Everyday I pop in hoping to see something from Kempy and each day I get sadder and sadder when she doesn't show. Still I try to remain optimistic. I just hope she's okay. Well, my shoebox is 600/month. Utilities included (Thank God) But I think I live in one of the last rent-controlled apts in the city. Depending on where you are ou could pay anywhere from 550/mo to 1600/mo. The rent is rediculous in this city but I love NYC. I don't want to live anywhere else.

hope everyone else is okay today. TTYL