Old 09-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #121  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. Well, I have been looking and looking to try to find some info on Kempy. I found a websight where people can post looking for loved ones and I found out that Ponchatoula had winds at 110 miles per hour and sustained wind damage but not much flooding so I am still very worried. I hope they are okay. Someone said their power would be off for the next 2-3 weeks. I hope she posts soon so we know they are okay.

The news footage today is something aweful isnt it? The chaos is terrible and I feel so bad for every person there. I hope we can get some major help to them all soon. I wished there was more I could do.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #122  

Good Night Girls,

I am sitting watching tv about the hurricane. I just can't believe the suffering and the damage. I wish I knew if Kempy needed anything. I would send anything she needed.

Okay time to go to bed! Talk with you all soon.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #123  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

http://www.nola.com/forums/searching/index.ssf Here is the link to the news page that I was telling you about. I typed in Ponchatoula to try to find any info I could. I thought you all would want to read for yourself and be able to check up whenever you wanted to.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #124  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, just checking in. THANK GOD Kempy is OK We have been out of our minds w/worry about you girl! Thanks Angie for doing the obvious

I have to go and pick up Michael from school right now but thanks for the good news!

Kempy, if you need any help at all, just holler OK? Be back later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #125  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. How is everyone this weekend. I am so glad that Kempy is safe. I got her email back yesterday and then I pm'd everyone and had to run to Newport to get supplies for our family BBQ . I wanted to post here too right after I got it but we had to get running. I can not believe that they still havent moved all of those people to safety. It is so sad. It seems like they should have been better prepared to get in there and help people.

That is our big plan for today. My mom,dad,clyde,Wendy and Haley are coming over for a cookout. We were going to do the lobster feast but we all decided hamburgs and hot dogs would be cheaper and less mess.

I forgot to mention the other day that since we sold the RV we decided we could trade the Durango in for a Dodge Ram Quad Cab so that we could just tow a travel trailer or fifth wheel(my favorite) and still take a vacation next year. So we have a new truck now. We definately need to get the step bar for it because I am so short that it is hard to climb in it. I almost fell on my face last night when we got home and Jay had a good laugh.

Well, I gotta go get ready , my parents will be here soon. Clyde is bringing the stuff for apple martinis...lets see if they are any good.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #126  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys Kempy just called. She said they are doing fine. They didnt have any structural damage. They had a tree fall on the dogs kennel so they need to fix that. They had a power surge that took out half her houses electric but nobody got hurt. I will tell you all more but I think someone just pulled in so I gotta go.

Love ya all!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #127  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning girls! I went to a Righteous Brothers concert last night . Well, it was actually the Honolulu Symphony Pops Orchestra featuring Bill Medley (the one with the deep voice?) since Bobby Hatfield passed away in '03. He (Hatfield) was the one that sang Unchained Melody (remember Ghost?)...... ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyy lovvvvvvvvvvvvvve my darlinnnnnnngggggggggg, I hunger for your touch. A lonnnnnnnngggggggg, lonelyyyyyyyyyyyy tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee It was a great concert since I love to listen to the symphony play and Bill Medley, he's part comedian I think. Think I'm going back to bed after this post.

Angie, congrats on the new ride. pictures please! And do let me know what's in an apple martini, sounds intriguing! Have fun at your BBQ.

Kempy, my cousin's wife works for FEMA and she may be in LA right now. She lives in Hayward, CA but has to travel to disaster sites. Thank God you and Joe are OK, I can't say that enough.

Julie....hmmmm, new baby or new puppy? Good job on eating healthy . Enjoy your weekend.

Wishing you all a safe and happy labor day weekend. I'll try and pop in later if anything exciting happens.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #128  
so close, yet so far...

Julie, Tommy Lee was on The View 2 days ago. Joy Behar kept asking him if his "thing" being nominated as "best body part" was true He's more handsome with age I think.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #129  

Good Afternoon Girls,

Angie, way to go on the new truck. I am happy you still can go on a vacation. I wish I could stop by your bbq and have a martini. Sounds yummy. Have fun!

Noelle, I would have loved to go to that concert. Glad you had a great time. LOL about Tommy on the View. Darn, I missed it. I have heard many things about the "part" . You know he is more handsome as the years go by. Have you heard his new songs yet? I really like the one Good Times.

Thinking of you Kempy.

Hi out there everyone else. I think we might get the grill going. Just have been hanging out with the kiddos in the backyard with the pools. Took a nice long walk this a.m. before it got warm. Not to much else going on with me. It is so hard to believe summer is almost done. Seems like it was just June. Okay girls, great weather so I am going to get off of the computer. Have wonderful rest of the weekend. Bye girls
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #130  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hi Ladies I can't stay just wanted to let you know that I'm glad Kempy is okay and thanks a bunch Angie for tracking her down and lwting us all know she was safe. It's a disaster down there and the government is not moving fast enough. Those poor people. Well, at least our prayers concerning Kempy and Joe were answered. Good night Babes.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday! Angie.. thank you so much for finding Kempy for us. I am so glad she is OK. Congrats on your new truck too! My dad had a fifth wheel and he used it all the time.

I had a really nice weekend with the girls. We found a water park here in Norman, it had just opened up earlier this summer. The park had taken out the wading pool and put in this water feature that had a ton of different kind of sprinklers and water sprayers that would alternate when they would come on. The girls had a BLAST... we went there all three days. I just took a chair and read... then we went to the play area right next to it. They just loved it. We also found a church to go to, and the people there were just so very nice. The kids section is pretty awesome. They had this huge room with chairs and a stage where they put on plays, they had a moon walk, a pool table, video games etc. I can see why Hannah wants to come back! The girls have been begging me to take them to church, and I am glad I did. However, note to self... remember to EAT before going. I had exercised that morning on the treadmill for an hour and the night before for an hour and by the time I got to church (I thought it started earlier than it did.. so I didn't have time to grab anything) I was pretty hungry. I was doing OK until we had to start standing a long time, and then we held hands and had a prayer session.. during that.. I started seeing black spots in my vision, I was getting really hot and clammy and was just about to black out. I had to leave the santuary and go sit down. Luckily the people outside were just so extremely nice, the went and got me a real coke to drink down so I could get some sugar into my system. I can't believe I was that stupid not to eat. I will know better next time. Anyway.. I was really impressed with the church, and we will go back.

Last night, Alan came over for dinner, and he surprised me with a new gas grill. :-) I was just going to grill using my George Forman electric grill... but he was just so sweet, and when I got out of the shower (he got there while I was trying to clean up, I had been running all day) he was outside putting it together. :-) I am very blessed to have him in my life. Wednesday is his birthday, and I have finally found someone to watch the girls for me, so I am going to take him out for dinner. First time (0ut of 4 birthdays) that I will get to spend with him.

Oh, and I have another motivation to lose this weight. My 20 year class reunion has been set for Nov. 4th and 5th. I haven't seen these people in 10 years. Then I was at about 145.00 (I am now at 150.00), so I want to get back down into the 130.00's at least. In high school I was normally in the upper 120's. So this will keep my motivation going!

OK.. well, I better get back to work! I hope everyone has a great great day!

And... btw.... as I noted earlier.. I am at 150.00. Since August 26th, I have lost 7.5 pounds doing my exercising and Phase One on the South Beach Diet... I am so pumped to keep it up! I have even lost quite a few of inches everywhere. I am feeling so much better about myself. I did splurge last night, but I figure that will only happen about once a week. I was under 1600 calories for the day, so in the big picture, not too much of a splurge. I'm just not used to eating 1000 calories for one meal like I did. It was yummy!

OK.. back to work!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #132  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I started a new thread for September...go check it out.

Weighty Issues #31