Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #91  

Absolutely Precious Kiwi! Who knew she was a budding mozartress... Maybe you can have DD record that piece and post it on her blog as her first composition.

We got all the pictures and crap hung on the walls here... starting to look like a home..Now I gotta get my Suzy H Hiney in gear and clean each room. Can't find a piece to the Space Saver electro-can opener...GRRRR that's gonna be a needle in a haystack.

Apparently NC gets gas from the New Orleans pipe lines...Gouging and jumpin the gun hysteria is setting in... Lines are forming at the local "kangaroo" gas stations..

What the hoodledoo kinda interviews were these Cowie! Sheesh...are you going for security gaurd work or what... They don't only sound highly offensive but border on illegal..
Old 09-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #92  

I've had a headache for 3 days now. It's not bad enough to stay home from work, but it's bad enough for ppl to ask me if I'm not feeling well every 2 minutes.

However I'm not letting it stop me from my sworn duty to come here and post all the scintillating details of my life. Ha. I don't have a thing planned for the long weekend. Except maybe buying a new couch for the living room. When DD moved out, DH gave her my couch and loveseat. DS moved his out of storage and into my livingroom. Now that he's moved out, (along with his couch) I have nothing to sit on to drink my coffee in the morning. I don't like to sit in the family room to drink coffee. It starts my day all wrong. The sun comes up on the living room side of the house.

Painty, I like your daughter. She's got a good grasp of the Important Things in life. My son's gf (don't get me started - they keep telling me they're getting married soon) was sitting at their new table at their new house and she said "do you think we'll really sit at the table and have dinner together?" and DS said "yes. In our family we always had dinner together. It's important." I didn't know he realized how important it was, but apparently it sunk in.

Peachy, I hope all the refugees get taken care of - I can't imagine what those ppl are going through, losing everything. The news reports look like a third world country. --- and in other news, that employer is whacky. Most thieves don't tend to stand up and say "Why yes! I think that ripping off my employer is a swell idea!"

Schatzi, our gas has only jumped up about 15 cents, but I'm afraid it's only the beginning.

It doesn't surprise me that the DD showed talent early on, Kiwi. That kind of ability seems to be born in some individuals.

That's all I can talk about with my head thumping. Hello to the rest of the cowies. Have a loverly long weekend. See yas on tuesday.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #93  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i have a three day headache too---mostly because i had to work at my own store for three days---i am not ACCUSTOMED to working----my summer student has gone back to university and my replacement niece is in Florida with her family on vacation----next week i can go back to slacking--------------IT'S TRUE WABBY---HEADACHES THAT ALLOW YOU TO WORK YET FEEL LIKE CRAP ARE SUCKY--------------hey kiwonk=----what's the sich???? {pronouced "sitch"}---it's pretty sketchy around here---good call on the car peach!!
Old 09-03-2005, 01:30 AM   #94  
Member w/ messiest house

Here's the sich: we went to the first football home game of the season. DH actually went voluntarily. Go figure. I don't think he went to a single one last year. Of course, I really only go to listen to the pep band. New this year: DD's boyfriend oops I mean good friend the piano player is playing his electric keyboard in pep band, so now they can do all that silly ball park organ stuff. Fun. Playing in the pep band at home games is sort of a requirement to be in high school band (which is a class for credit), so sometimes they have to manage with what they have. They have a pretty full band this year, but they have at least 5 drummers! 3 of them are seniors and they're very good and play their hearts out, and loudly, and there are at least 2 younger kids, one on the drums and this one kid, the brother of one of DD's best friends (he has always been something of the bane of her existence in the past), who was playing killer cowbell!! He's going to beat that thing to a bloody pulp. Anyway it was fun. Team lost, but played a good game.

Wabby, so sorry to hear you are feeling crappy. Bagzie too. I am uploading a lovely photo of a few possible puppies to cheer you up. heehee

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload_5wks.jpg (47.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-03-2005, 02:24 AM   #95  
loves kleenex box art

1. The pot/tall glass composition is adorable.

2. Green has been a bit rough on her ribbon.

3. Yellow has a better ribbon.

4. Most puppies are being controlled by a human hand/striped shirt covered belly

5. Diva does not need a hand/belly.

6. When are they gonna tell you which one we get?
Old 09-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #96  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
1. The pot/tall glass composition is adorable.

2. Green has been a bit rough on her ribbon.

3. Yellow has a better ribbon.

4. Most puppies are being controlled by a human hand/striped shirt covered belly

5. Diva does not need a hand/belly.

6. When are they gonna tell you which one we get?
1. Thank you, I'll tell her you liked it. Maybe she'll play it for you.
2. Well, Green is a boy, and you know how boys are.
3. Indeed, she also has more pictures taken of her than anyone else -- coincidence? I don't think so
4. Although I'm not sure she would appreciate being referred to as a belly, that would be the breeder.
5. Diva is smart. Or slippery.
6. They are being temperament tested today. Stay tuned. I hope they tell me the complete results. I hate having to coax info out of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Maybe you can have DD record that piece and post it on her blog as her first composition.
Oh good idea. She could call it "Ode to Kitchen Cabinets"

I seem to have lost the ability to string a decent sentence together (except on here of course, I'm brilliant on here). I've been trying for half an hour to write a short email to the music teacher at school and I've rewritten it about 5 times and it's still sitting there in the tray at the bottom of the screen, unsent. It's only 2 lines long and it's not controversial or embarrassing or anything, I just can't seem to get my brain to work properly. Maybe I need more

Kiwi
Old 09-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #97  
loves kleenex box art

I want to know the details of Temperment Testing. Are these puppies going to be put to work somehow? What's it about? Who gets first pick? Us or why not?

I just had a cousin send me email about another cousin (whom I've probably seen twice in my life) who lives in Slidell LA with her girlfriend. According to the email, they went home and got their gun because people in Slidell are "raping and killing."

Everyone who never liked Bush is mad at him. I just don't know about all those who voted him in.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #98  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Red face

oh my gads kiwi---that composition is a hoot!!! how adorable---it does prove that they 'HAVE THE MUSIC IN THEM' from the get go doesn't it----you realize that i will be living vicariously through you and peaches---you both have graduating students right??? are they both the same age???-----------i wish lush would come and tell us how her dd is making out ---she must be heading off to college this week.................my dd is having a ball at "RA {residence assistant} camp"---she gets to welcome all the newcomers to her "floor" this weekend----stepdd 19 is in Colorado at her mom's wedding today----- she arrives in NOva Scotia for second year this coming monday----my niece GETS HOME THIS WEEKEND SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORK ME *** OFF ANYMORE!!!--- I STILL HAVE A HEADACHE-------AND I STILL WANT US TO GET BABY GREYPAW FOR OUR PUPPIE-----KIWONK---ARE YOU SENDING OUT ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS??? I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!!
Old 09-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

Adoption announcements? Well, of course! I'm registered at PetCo, by the way. Hey, I'm kidding. Really.

Temperament testing -- apparently when the puppies are 5 or 6 weeks old, they have a stranger come in and handle each puppy and see how it reacts to various experiences. This is the sort of test I expect they will do Hopefully they will fall somewhere in the middle range of scores.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure who gets first pick. I think if I had expressed an interest in a particular puppy when I sent her my deposit, I could probably have had 1st pick of the females. I think there is a show home who will have pick before me, but two people that the breeder is friends with have recommended me glowingly (crazy people!), so I'm sure she won't be sticking me with any leftovers.

This afternoon, I've been attempting to file all the junk I've been sorting out this past week. It took me about 2 hours just to get the file cabinet sorted out enough to start filing anything. I'm such a slob. Yeah, tell you something you didn't know, eh?

Everyone's having pizza for dinner. Except me, because I had pizza for lunch. Apparently I'm going to have to fix something healthy. Or maybe something a little sketchy, eh Bagz?

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 09-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #100  

Baggz & Kiwi... hope the headaches are gone by now... There've been ozone alerts here which have made it hard to breathe deeply... but my head must be too hard (or hollow) to hurt much.

Has anyone else noticed that some TV channels are putting the worst stories on about N.O. and others are putting on 'nicer' ones? I have no idea where the truth lies... i.e., how much helping vs how much "shooting/looting and raping" there's been.

I was mightily impressed by an interview with a 15 year old who was WALKING to Texas from someplace in Mississippi. He was I-10 and I have no idea how he'll get around Louisiana... but he a) wasn't whining b) didn't expect anybody else to "fix it" for him c) was taking his dog. The news guy apparently gave the boy and his dog (and another dog who just kind of joined 'em) a ride and a little cash. One other person had given them some Spam, which the boy shared with the dogs. The boy said he'd grown up a lot in the past few days, and that maybe it hadn't been that smart to stay behind. I can't guess what that boy was like before, or what the family bonds were... but I'd certainly rather help him than some of the others I've seen.

DH and I were tryng to come up with a plan for the "refugees" at lunch. And didn't. Didn't even know where to start. I hope that there will be SOME sort of "public works" projects so that people who work can find bootstraps by which to lift themselves up. Obviously "welfare" and ignoring poverty didn't work.

I'm knitting again... Of course it meant ripping a lot out first. Grr.
but that will keep me quiet for the rest of the evening.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #101  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, I was gonna say the breeder probably didn't consider any of them leftover BUT upon seeing the grading matrix, I see some are more desirable than others.

I am having a problem here with DS getting snappy with me. Anyone else? 17 yo boy? I told him to write his essay for the National Merit thing and he said, "I'll get to it when I get to it." I am quite unhappy about being spoken to like that.

My plan for the refugees: turn back the clock and fix the levees before the winds hit. People knew this was gonna happen, didn't they? I certainly remember hearing the scenario.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #102  
Member w/ messiest house

Teenagers being rude and unpleasant? I never heard of such a thing.

That's quite a story about the kid walking to Texas. I hope he hasn't been snapped up by the "authorities" because of the interview.

My kid went over to a friend's house to "bake cookies" tonight. Go figure. I found this so unlikely, I questioned her about it before I'd let her go.

Meanwhile I'm alternating between filing and hanging out here.

Kiwi
Old 09-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

filing your nails? filing a suit? filing what?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #104  
loves kleenex box art

story on the news is that chimps and human have 96 percent the same genes. That is, except Bush.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #105  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachbag!!! SNIPPY!!!--- i tole dd19 that i didn't like her "tone" with me {just lately !!} and she said she didn't care for MY tone with her------------i thought about it and agreed that we were both off key and we "made up"=-====i do believe that alot of the time i do contribute to the general TONE so i guess we must have raise them to speak up for themselves---------ususally "yes ma'am" kids are just "snowing" you and living a secret life anyway---------------I JUST GOT IN FROM A GIG AT A LOCAL BAR {DD21 WAS PLAYING AND SINGING} I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS---------IT'S ONE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING------------i only had one pina colada----at least i stopped drinking so much-----------I STILL HAVE MEEE HEADACHE!
Closed Thread