Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #136  

Height: 5'1"

Calories: 2285
Walking: 5 minutes
Water: 4 glasses

frogger, hope you enjoy your "freedom" today!

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #137  
Empress/Queen

Talking Howdy!

Thanks be to Froggie and K for their kind words re my family.

E, I pm'd thee re the FRIDAY CALORIC CONTROL CHALLENGE that's just been sort of announced on my journal ... I took the posts of you 'n Aria to mean YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS and have SIGNED YA BOTH UP WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE ... Aria, I posted on your journal ... actually there are NO REQUIREMENTS in this challenge ... I think all three of us just wanna GET THOSE CALS TO BEHAVE TODAY!!!

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CALORIC CONTROLLER O' AMARANTHA/ATH ..., EYDIE, ARIA: CALS, BEHAVE!!!!!

Just today, please, be good, YOU will be glad you did!!! ~ Signed, THE CALORIE POLICE
Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 PM   #138  
Momma Frog

aria-I *was* enjoying my freedom today until...I'm sitting all the way across the hall in another office completely, and guess who has to bother me every 10 minutes? AND to top it off, he's eaten all of the woman's candy that she has sitting here on her desk. It's help yourself, but the basket was FULL this morning. And he has been the only person besides me sitting here. She's going to think it was me!!! I'm leaving her a note.

Did I mention also that he has eaten all my microwave lunchies (the little micro cups with soup or rice/pasta dishes or whatnot in them). I was being nice once when he forgot his lunch and offered him one to tide him over, and since that time, slowly...GONE.

ARG!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #139  

Oh no, frogger!!!

Report: 1330 calories so far (after early dinner )
Old 07-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #140  
wsw

kaylets-sure did have big thunderstorms here last night-very loud and kind of scary! it cooled things down from the brutal heat almost all week, so glad about the rain in the end. good luck with your resumes!

frogger-your cubicle-mate sounds pretty obnoxious, alright! sure must be very challenging having to deal with him all the time.

aria-you really inspire me to hang in there with calorie-counting, even when i don't want to.

hi anagram-good to "see" you!

amarantha-sending you warm thoughts and hugs. glad to hear you are taking good care of yourself during this very difficult time. this is exactly where you should be---among friends who care so much about you!

hello eydie, arabella, wildfire, and to all our regal inhabitants.

got out today, after having to lay low almost all week, and even though it was only to a (regular check-in) doc appt., it was nice to be out among 'em. mon., i have another regular check-in test (ct scan), which is no problem since used to them, but it is at 7am!!!! i am so not a morning person, but at least traffic won't be too much of a problem. (if i had a choice of times, though, 7am would most definitely not be it!) have still been averaging around 1550 cals/day, which is good for me, but i need to lower it now, since my body is not quite getting the idea it is supposed to lose weight, not stay the same. have also kept up with my regular daily exercise. well, have a good evening, royals, one and all. take care.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:10 PM   #141  
Empress/Queen

How funny, Froggie ... is this guy nuts!? He ate ALL the candy on a coworker's desk and ate ALL your lunch supplies?

E, here is a virtual ROSE (well, 3FC doesn't have a rose, but imagine it) for your participation in my Friday calorie challenge ... gonna do it again tomorrow ... I need to bring down my cals als ...

Wsw: Yes, I am takin' care o' meself and gettin' out 'n about a lot ... working on the calories helps.

Sorry you have that 7 a.m. test time ... what ARE they thinkin'?

Brought my cal average down in the 1700s again today ... lower tomorrow ... then the dreaded Demon Scale.

Gotta go.

Massive headache because I drank a diet root beer ... gotta stop that.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #142  
deleted2

I'll be happy to see this week pass---I'm ready for Fresh Start Monday. [Altho I guess I could make this Fresh Start Saturday but I'm not feeling that inspired.]

This week at work: still in the throes of interviewing for the directorship and all the fussiness that goes along with that. And a few days ago my father fell at home and had to spend a couple of days at the hospital and now that he's home I feel compelled to check on him and it's almost an hour's drive away. And sooo, I haven't been taking care of myself this week, eating wayyyyy too much and not getting in my workouts and not drinking nearly enough water---not to mention all the crazy stuff my siblings still throw at me. [For Gawds sake, will I always be 5 yrs. old to them??!]

Thanks for letting me vent. It's been a bad week and it's up to me to pull it out of the fire at this point.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:02 AM   #143  

Final report for yesterday: 1620 calories, 45 minutes walking and 3 glasses of water

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #144  

Hello all!

Got up at usual time, let the dogs out, then went right back to bed...
Woke up nearly 8 am and started all over again.....

DH has decided to do a career reassessment for himself and was suprised at the info he found online... so our morning has been spent doing searches ....

Eydie-- I can relate.... scale is showing 2 lb increase too....I believe much of that is the "time to replenish" mode from when I had the stomach flu this past spring ... especially since the past 10 days or so I have been NOT on plan..... not downing buckets ( except that day I went through a dozen choc chip cookies).... but enough to be off track and NOT enough activity....

and water?? oh boy....was I supposed to drink water??

How quickly we forget....

YIKES!

Time to look around and see what's going on....
Old 07-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #145  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Yo, Faire Queenies!

Here I be in what we used to call "the Boston States." Or somebody did, anyway. Anyhoo, I'm actually in Boston, or a suburb thereof. Had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get here. And then spent 2 hours dealing with tech issues to get online, but did prevail and am now safely arrived and online. Tired, though. REALLY looking forward to a good night's sleep. One of the other editors invited me to go out to dinner with her tonight, else I'd be liable to hole up here in the hotel and watch movies in bed.

However, it's a beautiful sunny day and there's a little park close by where I can go do a set of tai chi. Also a gym, which I intend to visit in the morning. All in all, everything's okay.

I had a mini-shock recently when I was doing yoga -- couldn't get into the dancer pose on one side without holding onto something for balance. I've been doing yoga since I was in my teens, although sporadically sometimes, and I think I've always been able to do that one. Seems so much like the slippery slope, the way it happens... So I WILL start doing yoga regularly again. Now is so definitely not the time to stop!!!

Amarantha, I'm so glad to see that you're keeping busy and looking after your self, even if the dreaded calories do figure largely in that I'm going to start doing my checklist. Have to remember that even attending to the list counts, and helps me remember what I need to do.

Anagram, I'm keeping you and yours in my thoughts. When I think of you, I always revisit the huge patches of violets I saw in the woods in NY and get that same feeling: serenity, sanctity, beauty and positive energy. Sending the same your way!

wsw, what a lovely long post from you! I envy you your thunderstorms. I adore them. In my younger, less regimented days (which, god willing, I will revisit someday) I used to find a good window or doorway or verandah to sit and watch the storms. Still love them, but after dark in the summer's the best time for them and I'm usually abed. Oh, i hope to make some changes!

Eydie, those sh*tty weeks happen! Just think, though, how many of those weeks it would take to really do damage. It is ver difficult to take care of self and others simultaneously, is what I find. Nevertheless, we must try! Freshest of starts to you, Lovey!

Kaylets, those 2 pounds will be gone in no time And, you know, the water might just make that difference It's amazing how much it helps -- I find it makes me feel more energetic, clearer-headed, less achy (all those things that sugar and wheat do the opposite of for me, in fact).

Frogger, how do you deal with a coworker like that! I just don't think there's any viable way to do it. Hide your lunch? I hope, at least, that this guy is a chubster? It would seriously burn my a$$ to hear that a guy was munching his way through the office like that and skinny anyway.

Sorry for the longwindedness today! Must go do something constructive, like lie around and read newspaper... Love to all!! Oh, just remembered -- on the flight I finished a wonderful book called "Sacred Time" by Ursula Hegi. No review forthcoming immediately, but highly recommended! Love to all, mentioned or un-

Old 07-31-2005, 01:32 AM   #146  
Hot Stuff

Been busy, sorry...

Amarantha, I am so sorry to hear of your nephew's death. My sincere condolences to you and the family.

Quick hello to all...will try to catch up tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:18 AM   #147  
Empress/Queen

Thanks Wildfire 'n Arabella for the kind words.

I be doin' daily calorie/fitness challenges now in a land far away 'n all are welcome ... E I found thee there as well as Aria 'n appreciate the participation ... MY NEW MOTTO IS THAT WE CAN DO ANYTHING AT ALL FOR JUST ONE DAY!!!! I think that includes challenging ourselves to greater effort at staying healthy and managin' this fitness thang!!!

So one day at a time's the WTG, I think.

E, sorry about thy father's fall ... he's had a hard time on the health front recently but has a good daughter who careth for him ... hope he feels better soon.

Kaylets, yup, methinks you WERE supposed to drink water ... ... I always forget that, too! But you're doin' great, dinna worrit about any minor scale ups 'n downs ...

Gotta work today, sporadically, though.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:55 AM   #148  
Hot Stuff

Well, the seventh month is over today. Time for a new goal? I've set one for myself already (tell you in a minute) but I'll go along with any others that are thrown out there.

Girls, I'm freaking out. In an excited, good way....but freaking out nonetheless. I was talking to my Irishman last night and we've picked a date to meet! See, on New Year's we promised we would get together before the year was out. We talked about it a few times, but something always came up and one of us had other obligations. Last night we decided I'll go there on the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend (October 8-10). Ten weeks from now. Oh my gawd....ten weeks from now!

I've spent the last number of weeks just getting used to eating regularly, and now that I am used to eating during the day again, it's time to kick it up a notch. I'm setting a goal to lose 15lbs before that weekend. It's doable and I have the best incentive in the world! Hmmm...guess I need to get a scale. Mine died a painful death when it tried to tell me I was 356lbs last year.

I'm going to need all the help I can get, so I'm counting on you all to kick me in the butt when necessary!

anagram, how is DH doing? And you? I have the tiniest of violets growing among my impatiens in the front flower bed....not sure where they came from, but they are determined to remain and seem undaunted by the larger plants. I think of you every time I see them....I must take a picture and show you.

wsw, I hope those thunderstorms brought you some relief from the hot humid weather. They did in my neck of the queendom. It has been lovely here the past few days. I spent much of yesterday sitting on my back deck reading the third book in the Outlander series. Quite a perfect afternoon. My goodness, 7am is EARLY for a test!

Arabella, our travelling ...as wonderful as technology is, isn't it frustrating when it doesn't work properly? Glad you got it sorted. It has been some time since I did yoga regularly...perhaps a mini-challenge to get us both back into it?

Kaylets, you'll blast those 2lbs away as quickly as they snuck up on you. Is your DH looking to change career paths, or just improve on his current one?

Eydie, sorry to hear your Dad took a fall. Did he hurt himself badly? Also sorry to hear the rest of your week wasn't good either....Fresh Start Monday is tomorrow...just hang on!

Frogger...this guy sounds like a real user. What a jerk! You can't go jumping off the wagon just when I am climbing back on....I will strap you in if I have to!

Aria, your commitment is inspiring!

Punkin, how are you?

Where is ceara lately?

Well, I am going to throw some clothes on and go out for a walk. Everything else can wait!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #149  

Calories: 1535
Walking: 45 minutes
Water: 3 glasses

Have a great day everyone!
Glad to be of any inspiration!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:34 AM   #150  
deleted2

Wildfire, how exciting!!!!!

Here's the deal: I'll kick your butt if you'll kick mine. It's only fair.....

Okay, what's your plan?

Closed Thread