Old 07-17-2005, 02:51 PM   #46  

LOL....Angie, ButterNut!! Very funny.

Angie, Good luck with the bakery girl whatever happens, I stand behind you whatever you do.

Dips I can hardly set our VCR!! I am like that too. Hope you ended having a great night.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went visiting all day yesterday. And went to eat out. And the grocery store thing. It is hot as he** here, but that is okay we are going to be in the upper 90's. Nice and warm. Dh is at the store with the kids and I got the music playing while I am cleaning so I am going to scoot. Check back in later.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hi girls!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:02 AM   #47  
No Limit Souljah!!

J- You are terrible! That is funny though. Old people say the darndest things. . I figured out how to order the fight on ppv. Too bad it was a waste of my precious time and money. The guy my baby was rooting for lost and needless to say his mood was ff for the rest of the night...the rest of the week for that matter. Men and thier sports.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #48  

Good Monday Morning Girls

I had an overall nice weekend. Kept busy. Yesterday we worked around the yard, water, water and some more watering just to keep my flowers alive in this heat. I was bad last night and made our all time favorite dessert. Turtle bars. Yum need I say more?? I told dh last night our problem is we just down right love to cook. Even when we first started dating we would just want to cook and try new foods rather than go out to eat, how romantic , now it is food fights and trying to get the kiddos to stay at the table . But we made a healthy dinner last night anyway, grilled chicken tacos with peppers and onions and homemade salsa. I think I am going to chug tons of lemon water today.
Dips, yeah I know, but my mind was fried by the end of the visit between keeping the kids behaving, trying to get my ds to visit with them, they both can't hear a darn thing (grandparents), and it was so hot alomost 100 degrees and my mom would not turn her air-conditioning on. Grrrr.... So my mind was gone!! I need humor or I was going to melt!!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #49  

Hi girls just checking back in for second

Noelle how are you feeling sweetheart?? I hope those headaches went away along with pms and you got some relaxing in this weekend. Did you little guy start school today?? I hope you got your book. Have a good day.

Angie, I forgot to say those cats are beautiful. And you are getting two now. Thats great.

Cherie, I have been thinking of you alot lately. I hope you are and you and the girls had a nice weekend. Hugs to you.

Kempy how did the decorating go?? I am sure it will look nice, from the pics I have seen of your house you have a great sense of style.

Cal when do you go back to school? I am so happy you and Angie got to meet. And your vacation sounds wonderful. You deserved every bit of it.

Dips you have a great day today also. Don't work to hard if you are there today. When do you start school? What are you going for?

Okay bye for now. LuchTime!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

THANK YOU NOELLE !!!!

I got your package today. Did you know I love Macadamia nuts and garlic...when you put them both together YUM!!! Not good for the breath though. The toffee ones are awesome!! My lunch and dessert consisted of nuts. haha Me and Brit looked up the company on the internet because she likes them too and wanted to order some but they are out of stock for now. The clock is so cute. I cant wait to try the dressing either..or the tea. we opened it up and it smells so good. Thank you so much but ya know you didnt have to get me anything. Just being such a great friend is gift enough.

I gottsta get back to work but I wanted to say thank you.

Julie, That is such a funny story about your step grandma. I would have lost it.

Hi Dips.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #51  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, Did you see the little runt of the litter on the left hand side of the first pic. He looks funny there but he is really cute. My Mom is keeping him and she named him Pinky. Mine will be the other dopey looking one on the right hand side staring into space with the gray ears.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #52  

We have been breaking records here. Of course, today we were 2 degrees away from the record of 115 set in 1989; it was 113 today. We did have a thunderstorm blow through yesterday and dropped the temp down to 92. Beginning Friday we're supposed to be below 110. I told my sister that we'd better get the sweaters out.

Julie: I go back to school Aug 4; that's when the teachers go back. The heathens....l mean students , come back Aug 8. Right now I am just enjoying being home, even with the heat. My sis went back to CA yesterday and she's complaining because it's hot there too.

I am enjoying my yard and Ashley started swimming lessons today. They practiced prone and back floating. She really loves the water. I have to get her a new pool though because Tucker (the pooch) chewed on the one she had. Silly pooch.

Cherie: I thought about you when we were in Indianapolis. We went to the Speedway and watched test runs of Nascar cars. Ashley loved them. I told her that her grandpa was happy in heaven because she loves the race cars.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:13 AM   #53  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, all of you should be sleeping right now. I'm just winding down my day, getting everything ready for Michael's first, 1st grade day of school tomorrow. All the school supplies went into the classroom on Saturday and they do not allow the parents into the classroom when school starts. It's flag raising, morning prayers then off to class--bye bye parents. I guess it's a smart thing to do so the parent or the kids doesn't break down and make the separation harder I cried last year when he entered Kindergarten for the first time, I think my hide is tougher this year He finally got his ok for his karate exam, so it's exam time for his yellow belt on Wednesday. Wish him luck!

Cal, OMG that is so hot. And here I am complaining that we're hitting 90's. But ya know, it's mighty humid here, so I bet it's a lot more uncomfortable. It's great Ashley loves the water. I couldn't make Mikey take swimming lessons again this summer, he refused. I will get him back in the water for the fall session though. I think that elementary backstroke is a hoot---the way they teach the positions here are "monkey, airplane, soldier", if you can imagine what that looks like in the water
Did you take any pics of the beautiful scenery on your trip?

Angie, you're very welcome. Glad it reached you safely. Sorry it was late but my head's been going in all different directions lately. I know you and Jay have worked really hard w/the storefront, it's a rough business when you have to rely on seasonal flow. I wouldn't say you were giving up. You need to do what is right for you and your family. I know it's selfish of me but if the upside of closing your store is that we get to have you around here more. I just love your sense of humor *butternut*

Julie, you too--your vibrator story was funny as heck I wouldn't have been able to hold the laugh in, i know my eyebrows would've been raised so high, my eyes so big and I would've been rolling on the floor. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I must admit you do cook up some amazing sounding dinners and desserts . Turtles, yum! As for me, the weekend was relaxing, caught a couple of movies (Willy Wonka and then War of the Worlds). Got rid of those nasty headaches, but no TOM either.... guess I'll take advantage... sorry, TMI

Cherie, how are you doing these days? Thinking of you.

Kempy, are you getting really busy w/clients? have you had any men clients? I think back hair is really nasty. I don't like my men hairy at all. I knew this guy in Rick's Nat'l Guard unit that looked like he had padding under his t-shirt, it was his really scary hairy back--yikes!!! It kinda connected up to the hairline at the back of his neck. It makes me cringe just thinking of it Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone

Well, i guess im getting tired. Off to bed. Chat w/y'all tomorrow.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick check in.... Steven, my ex, was admitted to the hospital last night.. he was having trouble breathing, so he went to the emergency room. His right lung has filled with fluid, so today, they are going to take a needle through his back and try to drain it. They are also going to put him under, put a scope down his throat and see what is causing this in his lung. Oh.. and they may finally start on the damn radiation on his hip that should have been started two weeks ago. I am not sure how long he will be in the hospital, but as of this morning, he wasn't looking very well.

Last Wednesday, he called me, he had blacked out again. Three times in a week, and he had fallen and hurt himself. He asked me if I could pick up his dad on Friday from the airport, if he couldn't, and of course I said I would. So, Friday, I picked up Wayne, my ex father-in-law... went over to Steven's... he was in bed, hurting... I ended up taking home four loads of his laundry and doing them Friday night/Saturday morning. I brought the girls over on Saturday to see Papa and their dad, but he was still in bed the whole time we were there.. same with Sunday when we came to pick up Wayne to take back to the airport.

I've been busy getting the new payroll system transistioned over... that has been alot of work, and I've been getting organized for my move.... I'm tired... not motivated... anyway... I don't have a lot of time, I just wanted to check in with you guys.... if you need to get ahold of me... email me, I don't seem to be able to check in here daily like I used to. My email is: [email protected]. And if you have Yahoo messenger, then cocogl is my user ID on that as well.

Talk to you all soon....

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Oh.. I did take the girls out Friday night for some fun, went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was good, I haven't read the book, so I am not sure how close it is to the book, however, the girls and I all agreed, the Gene Wilder version is the one we prefer. :-) I swear they watch that movie at least once every two weeks.

This weekend is my birthday, and they are "taking me out" for lunch/dinner, and they place THEY chose is Incredible Pizza. (kinda like Chuck E Cheeses, but has a bowling alley, go carts and the games all inside). It's not the place I would chose, however, they will have fun, and that is what matters. So, I am taking some time out for myself... I also got the new Harry Potter Book.. and I've started reading it. Now if I would only get up and exercise....

Talk to you guys later.... for the next few days, I will be visiting the hospital alot.. I still have to see if they will let kids up on his floor. I gotta go by his place today and pick up some things he needs... guess, I will ask the nurses then.

Back to work.

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #56  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls!! Saturday is our last day. I am pretty happy about it. Life is too short to waste it doing something that doesnt make you happy. I will be back later to explain everything.

Cherie, {{{Hugs}}}}} I am praying for your family right now.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #57  

Hi girls checking in on how everybody is doing today

Cherie, my dear, I wish like I said so many times before we were closer so I could take care of your girls for you. I just want to say what a strong, loyal and loving person you are. You're going through so much right now. I am praying and thinking of you and the girls and Steven. Have fun at your birthday dinner. And I understand if you can't get here that often right now. Just know we your friends, are thinking of you hugs and love ya girl.

Angie, you said it all. Life is to short to waste time. I am glad you are happy about it and good luck!!

Noelle, how was Michael's first day of school? I hope you got your yellow belt today buddy. Good Luck little guy.

Cal you stay cool!! I heard on the news about heat related deaths in your town, scary. Weather has more power than we do. Enjoy your time before you go back to school.

Kempy and Dips hi to you too!!

Well off to make dinner. I have a had a non-stop busy day today, but it was a good one. Dh had off from work so we took the kids to the zoo and then McD's and then to my mom's so she could watch them while dh and I went out for pizza at my favorite place, ate like a pig . I even ordered a beer, it was so relaxing, dh and I have not been out to eat alone in years, can you believe that? We agreed to go out more often. Just to keep in the right frame of mind, ya know? Oh and also went shopping, wow, I am tired. Check back later on.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #58  

Good Night Girls.

Cherie, you are in my thoughts.

Have a good Thursday everyone .
Old 07-21-2005, 03:57 AM   #59  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, busy day here. We just got back from Michael's karate exam, I think he did well. They examined approx. 20+ kids, i think most of them passed. We'll find out on Monday with the belt ceremony. I finished w/Harry Potter (don't worry Cherie, I won't spill the beans)

Cherie, you are a great, selfless person. I just want to hug ya and help ease some of your burdens now. I'm glad you got to spend some time relaxing and doing something enjoyable. We saw Charlie and the Choc. Factory on Friday night as well. It was fun but a bit strange--I agree, I think I like the Gene Wilder version better...am I old fashioned? But an entertaining flick anyways.

Julie, woo-hoo, all adults need some time away from the kiddos, just to reconnect ya know? Gotta keep that spark in the marriage When does your boy start kindergarten? I bet he's looking forward to that. Michael had a really short first day (7:45--11:00) but I think he's proud not to be in the youngest class anymore. Today he had a visit to the health room already. he and another boy were playing at recess and the other kid accidently hit my boy in the face--i think they were playing chase master. But anyway, alls well that ends well.

I've got gremlins hanging over my shoulder. I guess it's past their bedtimes

Angie, congrats on your life getting a little easier and happier. Can't wait to hear the scoop.
Have a good night all, gotta run.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 07-21-2005 at 01:04 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #60  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Ciao Babes

Happy thursday girls!!

Cherie- Good to hear from you and what a wonderful person you are for being there for your family when they need you the most. I know this week must have been draining for you. I thing your kids see that which is why they want o take their mommy someplace fun for her B-day. Have fun, you've definately earned it.

Noelle- How's your little karate man? He must be so excited going for his new belt and starting a new grade. I know you have to be into something other than Harry Potter- all this time I'm thinking yo bought it for your kid. You bookworm you. I want to see charlie and the chocolate factory. I read the book and saw the original movie. My BF is not interested one way or the other. Tonight he's taking me to see wedding crashers. I heard it was good but I still want to see Charlie. I'll probably see it by myself tomorrow.

J- Haven't eaten alone together in YEARS?!! That just won't do. You definately need to do that more often. Glad you had a good time, though.

Hi Angie- Glad you're happy with your decision. Let us know how everything goes from here on.

Well, I have to go to work in a little bit. I've been eyeing this pizza place for weeks now but I wanted to wait until my BF and I could eat there together. I think tonight is the night! I haven't had pizza in forever. I haven't been to the gym in the last few days becasue it's just rediculously hot here. I can't get up the motivation. It's hard enough just walking down the street. But I know I have to get back to it before the pounds begin creeping back up on me. In the meantime I guess I have to be extra good inmy diet but nothing is gonna keep mefrom my pizza tonight.

TTYL Girlies!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote