Old 07-12-2005, 04:40 PM   #31  

I just came in from work and I got on the internet to check the rain. I need to cut grass but I didn't want to get started and have it rain when I was halfway through. The salon got bought by one of the girls that works with me and she is starting to redecorate tonight. I told her that I would go back up there later on this evening to help. I think she is going to do really well. I am already much happier b/c she doens't pressure me like the other lady did. And, the weird things is now that I am not under that pressure I am really busy. Weird.

Noelle that sounds weird that they make such young kids do pushups when they move. I guess that is the whole things behind karate. I am sure Michael is having fun though. I don't think he would keep going if he hated it. I can't believe they are starting school so soon. I saw supplies in Wally world the other day. It seems like they just got out.

Julie that is pretty cool that you already have a place to go. Noelle is right, don't let your hubby back out now. You guys need to take a break. I mean you guys live in such a cold place you should enjoy the nice temps for as long as you can.

Speaking of nice temp. I need to head out into the swelting heat to cut the grass. I think the heat index is 110. Don't worry, I have plenty of water and I take lots of breaks. If I can't chat tongiht I will check in in the morning.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #32  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, just bumping this up and saying good morning

My computers are out to get me. The one at home got an overhaul but started to make this weird whirring/clicking noise. I think it's the fan or something but I'm not taking any chances. Bringing that one back to the repair guy.

The work one must've picked up some [email protected] trojan or nasty other little bad quirks that I can't think of the name of, but I can't even get on the net w/out those stupid pop ups and error messages and it's all a pain in the butt. Yesterday I just unplugged the modem so I could get some work done, but that also means i can't get online. So, thru all this rambling, I just really wanted to say hi Have a great hump day, I'll try and get back here later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #33  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default How late do I have to be befire I'm marked absent!

Ciao Babies,

I've been out all week, I know but life is kinda hectic right now. I am enjoying my last few months of peace before I go back to school. But I won't bore you guys with all my blah blah. So...

J- What a week you've been having! I often feel as though I don't hve much to offer in the parenting department because I don't have any kids. What I can tell you is that there are lots of things doctors, teachers and other "experts" will tell yo about your babies and will be wrong. Anything can happen with your child's future and remember that many of our most accomplished citizens have overcome difficult medical conditions. I have faith that your child will excell at whatever he chooses. He's only 6 so give him time to develop. Now fast forward to the present and your computer is acting up. Darn PCs. Well your post made it up here so hopefully you'll be able to continue gracing us with your presence.

Noelle- You Too with the PC Problems!!?? What gives I hope it all works out for you. Well at least your kid starts school soon. I would imagine this summer has Talk to you soon, Love.

Kempy- Thank goodness Dennis didn't pound you. I saw some horrible pictures of the damage caused to people's homes. At any rate, please stay hydrated in that heat (110 Dayum!) I'm melting just thinking about it!

It's about 75 degrees out right now so I was thinking that I would go out and get a few pairs of Capris and maybe some new shoes. I can't fit anything anymore. (I'm down to 136 pounds WOO HOO!) The bad thing is, I really can't afford to get a whole new wardrobe. I can't even afford to get my clothes taken in. I guess I could invest in some good safety pins. Anyways, Since Ive been good I'm going to treat myself to something really sweet. I'm thinking apple pie. Anyways, I gotta hit the stores before they get crowded. I'll check back in tonight.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #34  

Good Morning Girls

Dips you are doing so well. I hope you enjoyed that apple pie, everyone deserves a treat. I am hoping you found some good deals on some clothes. And thank you so much for the kind words. You girls are great.

Kempy that is great about the new owner of the salon. I know she was on your back. I hope those customers keep coming in. Everything seems much better when there less stress in ones life. I use to go to this salon that was so beautiful that had an antique fireplace. They sold painting from a gallery. Great lighting, bright but still soft and relaxing. The had big puffy couches and it had a french kind of feel to it.

Noelle I hope your computer is behaving for you.

Angie, thinking of you. Hoping you are so busy that is why have not popped in .

You too, Cherie, I am wishing the best for you. Do you have any plans for your birthday coming up??

Cal are you still vacationing??

Check back later. It has been really hot here. Not complaining though .
I am starving right now so I am going to find something to eat in the kitchen. Bye for now....
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #35  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Here is the pic of me and Cal. We have Corey,Brit and me and Cal and Ashley. See how damn fat I am now. yuck.

I will try to get back later to update you all on how things are going but lets just say not good. I am so stressed that I am getting headaches every day and my stomach is in knots all the time. I hate that damn bakery. We have dropped right back down and I had to pay sales tax this week so I had to figure up our income and it turns out that after paying all the bills associated with it I am still $500 in the hole so I am quite depressed right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009_9_0001.jpg (23.7 KB, 24 views)
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #36  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thanks Julie. I am just a very emotional person and I dwell on things. Lately I could cry at the drop of a hat and that is just because I feel so defeated and sick that I have to spend any time at the bakery. I will get over it once we can close up shop though. I think I will worry about money when and if the accounts actually dump us. They never actually did I am assuming because the machine donuts they had didnt sell. I know the accounts we gave up to do the front want us back...I guess the customers are complaining like crazy because all they are selling are frozen donuts from a distributor so now it is just trying to figure out how to close down and sell off everything to pay MIL back.

I am so sorry for what the doc said to you. That was extremely rude and very presumptuous(sp) of him to assume anything about your son. What a jerk! I bet your boy will grow up and become whatever he sets his little heart too. I know that with you and your husband standing behind him he will.

I didnt color my hair dark. This is how it is naturally...I usually get it highlighted blonder but I have been feeling so ugly lately that I havent bothered to do anything with it.

I am on a pee break so I will be back later
Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #37  

Btw I wanted to say, I would take one of your fresh doughnuts rather than a frozen one in a heartbeat!! I didn't know you could even freeze them. I bet your doughnuts taste 100% better than that company's.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:42 PM   #38  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, Happy(?) Friday? I am home doing laundry so I don't have to be doing that all weekend. I have a nail appt. @ 2 p.m. so i can make myself feel pretty again. I will be at Sam's Club tomorrow morning @ 7 a.m. to get the new Harry Potter book (i know i'm a geek), then it's off to Michael's 1st grade orientation and to drop off school supplies. I guess it's PMS and job stress, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I feel like a need a good cry, but it just won't come. It's really frustrating. And these Advil just aren't kicking these darn migraines I'm getting. uch:

Angie, you do not look gross. You're smiling and you look great. I think it's so great that you got to meet Cal and Ashley. Sorry you're having so much stress w/the bakery. But everything happens for a reason eh? I wish you the best of luck with whatever happens. How are your dogs and kitties? How much longer until you can get that new kitten? I bet it will be so beautiful when it's full coloring comes in. We brought Lucky the pupy to the vet yesterday, in one month, she put on 3.4 lbs. I was a bit worried that it was too much but the vet said she was fine, just a growing girl. I hope she doesn't get bigger than 20 lbs though. I will try and post more pics when I get into the office next week. **BTW, be on the lookout for a box from me sometime early next week.

Cal, you're looking good woman! And Ashley looks a lot more grownup than when I saw her last year. How was your trip? Did you take anymore pictures? How much more of summer vacation do ya have?

Dips, wow girlfriend--you are doing so amazing on that South Beach diet. You go girl! Oh to be in your predicament of having clothes that are too big . hehe, I'm just a little envious You deserve every pound lost, you work your butt off at it.

Cherie, how are ya doing today? Hanging in there? Well, hope you enjoy your weekend. Thinking about you.

Kempy, glad to hear you are having less stress w/the new owner of the salon. Being pressured out sucks. **ditto for you on expecting a box sometime early next week

Well, gotta get my butt moving and outta here. Check back later. Love ya girls.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #39  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default TGIF, Oh wait! I have to work tomorrow, Sh*t!!

So I'm here on a friday night with no plans because my boyfriend is working late. That bumb! I told him I wanted to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and he's like "Aaw Man you really want to see that?" so I'm like Fine let's go see "wedding Crashers tomorrow night and he's like "No not tomorrow night I wanted to watch the fight on PPV" (I swear he's only with me for my big screen tv) Men and thier sports, I swear! So by the time he gets here tonight, he'll probably just want to crash. I should set up the blankets on the couch right now But that wouldn't be right. Okay enough venting...

Angie- I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS of you and CAL. I always wantedx to me at least one of you girls and you guys actually got to do it. How Exciting !! BTW I prefer you as a blonde I know you feel self conscious these days and we all are at one point or another but just remember how fabulous you are inside and the outside will soon follow. And also remember that your girls (us) are all here to support you.

J- You have such a wonderful attitude about everything. I knew you would get back you your good spirits. . BTW The same cucumber thing happened to me like 3 weeks ago EEEEWWWW I hate finding spoiled food. I'm grossed out and I feel like money was wasted. I try to buy food in small quantities to prevent all that. Hope cleaning the fridge wasn't too painful otherwise.

Noelle- Ya know when Advil doesn't come through, time for Motrin!! Thats the good stuff 7am for the potter book WOW, Kinda glad I didn't get sucked into that series. I'll probably read the books like ten years from now just to see what all the hype is about. I hear it's worth it. Just sucks that they can't keep those kids young enough to keep kicking out the movies. Darn puberty

Hey Kempy- What's cookin' good lookin'. Hope all is well with you. I know you're one busy chick these days.

You too Cherie- I know it's incredibly busy for you but I hope to hear from you soon.
Okay, ladies, I'n going to get a bite to eat now. I'm only cooking for myself, though. No food for the boyfriend. He can find his own damn food on the way home.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #40  

Hi girls just posting this evening.

Dips you are sweet. I hope you and the boyfriend have a good night. To bad you have to work tomorrow. Hopefully you will be in air conditioning though. Have fun watching the PPV tomorrow night. I know when food spoils it feel like I wasted money. Even when my kids don't finish something, like tonight , I eat their leftovers....it was the way I was brought up....never waste food. But I would rather have a pound off here and there than eating a tablespoon to cups of this and that of their food. Don't work to hard this weekend!!

Oh Noelle you poor thing, I wish I could come over and have a good cry with ya. I hope your stresses are reduced and you feel pampered after getting your nails done. It sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow. Try to get a good nights sleep. Sometimes when I have pms I will take a pain reliever with a strong cup of coffee to knock my migraines out. Hope this helps but don't do that before bed . Unless caffeine does not make you stay awake. You know it seems like alot of us girls on this thread are going through some kind of stress in our lives right now....I will say some prayers for all of u and wish that we were all together having some "girl time".

Well girls going to get going....kids need to get rounded up for bathtime. Dd is coloring with markers this late!! Gotta go. Past their bedtime. They have always been night owls though!! Hi Cal, Kempy, Angie, and Cherie, and anyone I missed. Have a great safe weekend.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:09 PM   #41  

Night Girls, kids are in the tub, dh is giving them their bath. He is so good about that, I am lucky. I am going to watch 20/20, it is about summer myths. I like these myth shows they have on now that Barbara is off the show. Interesting stuff. Okay I am pretty boring, huh??
Old 07-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #42  

They just said try oysters for a better love life. To bad I can't stand the things , okay I am going to shut this thing off.

Thinking of you all who are under stress or under pressure of some sort now. I may go to church this Sunday without the kids and just pray and I will include all of you. I have not been to church alone in a while. I think it would help me. Okay Good Night for the last time .
Old 07-16-2005, 12:03 PM   #43  

I'm back!!!!

We actually got back on Tuesday night, but there's been so much to do. I've spent the last couple of days visiting my sister who moved here from Texas while we were gone.

We had a wonderful time. I think we stayed just ahead of the high humidity because the weather was perfect, even the few days of heavy rain we had. We saw so much: Gettysburg (sobering), Hershey Chocolate World, The Crayola Factory, Mystic Seaport, The Vermont Teddy Bear Factory (Ashley kept asking when we'd be there as she had saved her allowance to buy a bear), Acadia National Park in Maine, Montreal, Niagara Falls. We even watched some time tests of Nascar cars at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. While in Indianapolis, we visited several places that we remembered from when we lived there; in fact, we used to live just a few blocks from the Speedway. We also visited my mom's 2 sisters who live just north of Indy.

We had a wonderful visit with Angie. I hated to leave; I so wish we could've had more time. Angie, you are a delight to be around and you are such a beautiful person. We have got to get everyone together some time. I've met 2 of you and I cherish those meeting so much.

I still have 2 1/2 weeks before I have to be back to school and 3 weeks before the kiddos come back. They start Aug 8. We are already starting to plan our vacation for next summer: Europe.

Now we are sweltering. 116 is the high forecast for today.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #44  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Cal Is Back Yaaaayyyyy! :d

Hey Cal, good to see ya. In the picture you look just as bubbly qand pleasant as I imagined you. I soooo wish I could have been around to meet you and Angie. And it seems you got a chance to really enjoy your vacation. Good for you! And good for your sister for moving closer to you.

J- One could only hope to have a dh so attentive. Taking care of the kiddies at bath time so you can enjoy prime time tv, you go girl! BTW no I did not have a good night with my boyfriend. Just as I predicted he came home tired and ready to sleep. Tonight we're watching the fight on ppv. (well more like he's watching and I'm tolerating. He promised that he'd make it up to me tomorrow with dinner and a movie. He also wanted me to pick up junk food for the fight but I need to get something I don't like otherwise I'll eat it. He wanted Doritoes but those things are freakin' addictive. So I have until 8:30 to come up with something. what to do what to do. Anyway, I have to figure out how to order the fight with my remote. Never done it before. I'm such a girl.

Check back soon
Old 07-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #45  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HEY GIRLS!!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal, I had fun meeting you too. I wished I could have had the day off to show you around and stuff and do something fun with ya. I agree we defiantely have to ALl meet up somewhere ...anywhere.

Well, Our timeframe for closing the bakery is by the end of August. We have to pay rent for the month anyways and this way noone can say we didnt give it the summer. I CANT WAIT!!!! I want to have time to work out. My sis is seriously thinking about getting her stomach stapled. Medicaid covers it and she really is thinking about it. I wished I had guts to get it done with her but I am so scared. But I know I cant control my weight under my own powers. so I dont know what to do.

Noelle, I am actually getting 2 of the kittens. I am a SUCKER!!! My dad is so fun to watch with them...he is like a little kid. He wants them all I think. He tried to get Mom to let him bring them into the livingroom to play but she wouldnt let him. He lays on the floor with them and watches them play. He built them a little condo and says he cant wait for them to play in it. He is a softie in his old age. We used to have a cat named cocoa who was a snowshoe while I was growing up. He died when he was 19.He was my parents baby. They always said that if they ever got divorced they wouldnt care who got the kids but they would fight over Cocoa. haha

I am going to post a pic of them .

In the first pic mine is the dopey one staring at the camera. Arent they cute??

the second pic is of my big white one hitting his mom. He is going to be a flamepoint.

Funny story...the big white one we thought was a girl but Mom got looking at them this week and noticed something extra. haha. I was going to name him Buttercup (because of the orange coloring) but I may have to name him Butternut now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My babies 10.jpg (16.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg my babies 20.jpg (17.8 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by angieME; 07-17-2005 at 02:22 PM.