Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #106  

Painty, for a minute there I thought you were going to post a list. Do you all remember when Lush would post her list? I miss that. It always made me feel like I was getting something accomplished, vicariously.

I already went to lunch w/ my friend. I love this particular friend. She always, always makes me laugh. She told me the story of going to the senior's center w/ her mom and uncle for lunch, and being hit on by old guys. Then she realized they really weren't that much older than her. eeek. You'd have had to been there. It really was a funny story. This friend and I are going to go on a garden tour on Sunday. I can't wait, even tho rain showers are predicted.

Also for Painty's information: DH & I own a contract glass company, which means we put glass & entrances into offices, retail buildings, etc. He does the estimating and field work, I do the office. That's how we work together, we each have our own territory. Also I think we like each other.

I had the plugs put in my eyes yesterday. So far, so good. My eyes seem a little less dry and look a lot less red and irritated. Another successful procedure on Wabby.

I did the warm up part of a Leslie tape this morning. Better than nothing. I realized I started gaining weight when I quit walking w/ Leslie. It also coincided w/ me eating like a hog.

This post seems to ramble a bit. It also seems to be all about me, me, me. So what's new w/ you?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #107  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

EFFIN TERRORISTS---there the poor Londoners were,innocently going about their business,on their way to work and bang------------------total *******s as you say kiwonkers-----------so sad for all those families who have to deal with this========
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #108  
fatter than U

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Sug-- will you ever come back? do you ever get to Estonia? I have a friend in Elva (I think that's the name) who would REALLY like a smart person with whom to speak English once in a while.) She made the grocery clerk angry because she actually bought the first fresh celery she'd seen in months and they had too look up the price because nobody even knew what it WAS. (They mostly know cabbage and potatoes, apparently.)
Painty - I'll most likely only come back as a widow or a divorcee and neither of those sound very appealing at the moment so I'm hanging in there waiting to win the lottery.

If I knew where Estonia was, I might go there. Ha ha. I know where it is, but I've never been. It's not really on the list of top tourist spots. You know, potatoes and cabbages and all that.

I took ds9 to the doctor this morning because he was still feverish and weak and he was diagnosed with "The Summer Flu" which will go away by itself in a couple of days, thank goodness. And we only had to wait for an hour and a half! He ate some tomato soup with ghost-shaped noodles today so I think he'll live. But of course I now have a big mother of a swollen lymph node behind my right ear that's driving me crazy (the node, not the ear).

I'm watching Sky News to get the scoop on the London bombings. Just awful. Those poor, innocent people. Freaks me out to because it could so easily happen here. Heck, it could happen ANYWHERE. I think Germany sort of feels safe because they don't have troops in Iraq, but why should that make a difference to those whackos?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #109  
Member w/ messiest house

Whackos indeed, Sugar. Hope the kid gets better soon, and you don't end up with the same dang thang. The "summer flu" -- sounds like they made that up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
Kiwi-- When are YOU going to get a recording contract?
Of what, me whining?

Bagz finds her darlings on the TV. Canadian Idol, no?

We were supposed to go sailing this weekend. Not sure when we'll actually get down to the boat. The weather is not cooperating -- nothing but rain in the forecast. We might venture down there tomorrow anyway and tough it out in hopes of a break.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #110  

None of us are safe. If you feel safe, it's just an illusion.

On that happy note.... I need to know somethin'.... this is serious..... do any of you women "of a certain age" (Sugar, you can skip this) have problems w/ your brains working properly? I seem to do alot of forgetting... things like the roof on my car open, deadlines at work, if I've already put shampoo in my hair in the shower... that kind of stuff. I feel like my brain is only working on 2 cylinders. I just have this overall feeling that I'm not the brilliant person that I used to like to believe I was. Maybe that was delusional too. Maybe I'm in a slump. Maybe it's the MS kicking in. I don't know, except that it's really bothering me lately. And no, I haven't done a thing for DH's birthday party. This is another me post.

Sugar, my DD called last night with what she described as "the worst sick I've ever been." So don't think you can quit worrying about them when they're 25. Hope your little duffer gets over it quickly.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #111  

Youz guys forgot to answer me.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #112  
loves kleenex box art

You're normal Wab.

Would you all please keep an eye on Dennis and pray that it weakens. My friends have all left town or are busy with their preparations. I really miss DS right now. It's headed this way and I'm scared.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #113  
Member w/ messiest house

Peachy, I think you should go visit DS. Don't they have parent's weekend? Wish I could hop on down there and help you get the closet ready to sleep in I sure hope it bypasses you this time.

Wabby, I feel the same way most of the time. I'm very scattered. I take comfort in the fact that DH is younger than I am, but he's more forgetful than I am.

Apparently we're not going to the boat until tomorrow night. Maybe.

Kiwi, the Vacant
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #114  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

BAGZ THE INSANE WILL ANSWER YOU WABBY----------i can't believe you have the shampoo problem too!!! i really thought i was losing it with that one!!!----WORD on all that you said------------peachers0------hang tight---i will track the storm for you!!! you will be fine darling!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:31 PM   #115  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

SORRY---I JUST HAD TO POST THIS-----ISN'T THIS CRAZY!

450 Sheep Jump to Their Deaths in Turkey

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported.

In the end, 450 dead animals lay on top of one another in a billowy white pile, the Aksam newspaper said. Those who jumped later were saved as the pile got higher and the fall more cushioned, Aksam reported.

``There's nothing we can do. They're all wasted,'' Nevzat Bayhan, a member of one of 26 families whose sheep were grazing together in the herd, was quoted as saying by Aksam.

The estimated loss to families in the town of Gevas, located in Van province in eastern Turkey, tops $100,000, a significant amount of money in a country where average GDP per head is around $2,700.

``Every family had an average of 20 sheep,'' Aksam quoted another villager, Abdullah Hazar as saying. ``But now only a few families have sheep left. It's going to be hard for us.''
Old 07-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #116  
loves kleenex box art

Horrible. It sounds like Disney meets Stephen King.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #117  
Member w/ messiest house

Sheep lemmings, how disturbing. Now, if they'd only had a good sheepdog...

Some thoughts on mental meltdown:
I started feeling that way years ago when I started taking Prozac. I would "forget" to do routine things. I would do things backwards or forget what part of something I'd already done. I found it sort of curious, but annoying. I quit taking Prozac after a few years because it was just making my life suck more, but the vagueness had subsided I think, either that or I got used to it. But more recently I've felt that way more often, not exactly in the same way, just the vagueness, the feeling of disconnect.

Had dinner with the in-laws again. My nephew has 6 tattoos, and he's only been in the marines for a year.

Kiwi
Old 07-09-2005, 12:28 AM   #118  

I don't think I'll illustrate the sheep debacle....

Wabby-- I had a friend who said that until she started doing HRT (especially estrogen) she would forget all kinds of stuff. Of course I've found out that if your family has a history of BC, Estrogen is discouraged. I tend to forget things when I am depressed and/or overwhelmed.... I hope that neither of those things apply....

Cow--- I'll keep my fingers crossed that Dennis goes back to sea and minds his own business. I've had a fun time thinking of other plot twists if Disney and Stephen King DID collaborate.

Sug -- Yeah, Estonia doesn't sound like a top ten destination, does it.

I hope that the London forensic people get some info on the bombs and bombers. DH said he heard they'd found some timers and/or some unexploded ones... so that might help them identify the source. Am I loopy to hope that the terrorists don't have access to very sophisticated weapons... like bioterrorism substances? Serin would have killled even more people than these bombs, I think... but maybe the british bombers AREN'T suicide bombers....

I started my 3FC shawl over... because I didn't like how the other one was draping. Here's a glimpse.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:35 AM   #119  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, what I notice here is that young men in the Marines return from other countries with huge collections of tee shirts from stripper bar/brothels. You can see them out to dinner with mom and dad wearing their "The Doll House" shirt complete with pictures that show you what kind of business they do there. A friend told me she threw her son's shirts away but he had MORE.

Thanks Painty. Dennis can go wherever it wants but it would be really nice if he both mellowed out and speeded up. Nobody needs all that wind sitting on top of them for a long period. It's so depressing to think about.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:00 AM   #120  
fatter than U

Unhappy

Keep safe, Peachy!!

Wabby - believe me, I have that memory thing too (shampoo? what shampoo?) and it's getting worse all the time. Sometimes (most of the time) I feel like my head is full of cotton wool and that I'm living in another world. Which I am, kind of. What can we do? Vitamins? Artificial stimulants?
Closed Thread