Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #61  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

PS ---KIwONkERs------DOn't TeLL kALaN aBoUt Me AnD rEx!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #62  

Bet I can make everybody clam up

How do you think weight and sex (attitudes/experiences) are related?
My DH (#2) had fabulous relations.... until I had a hysterectomy... and then it was like my "interest" went to Bolivia or some other remote location. Thelma and her tenderness has not helped. I'd like to get a groove back... without resorting to creepiness of any kind.

Oh dear. I'm feeling like an outsider again. Not a pioneer, an outsider.
Hope you all have happy cool holidays.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #63  
loves kleenex box art

Who in the heck is Thelma?

I do not want a groove. I am p*ss*d and you people get to hear it. You are so lucky.

It is very hard to go to church or anywhere else alone. Single people do not go to church. I usually go until my feelings get hurt. At this current church, I know a number of single women and the married ones are good. Men, however, suck. You know some people believe the Bible says (and it does not) "the appearance of evil is evil." This means, if the Bible said it, that men and women may not appear to be friendly becuase everyone will they they are flirting and worse.

For a while now I've been attending Wed night Prayer Meeting because at the same time at the P.M. the kids are doing a kid thing and that's good for DS, I think. Before the P.M. they have dinner. It's $4 and catered by a restaurant that has no idea how to cook but at least they serve veggies and it's edible. But now DS is gone so this past Wed I go in by myself, get my plate and go to a table (seats 8) that has 3 people at it. I'm told by this woman that she's saving those seats for her family. So I go to another table where the people were nice but talked about their planned trips and expensive purchases and it was the wrong world for me.

So my feelings are hurt and this a.m., I went to church, sat on the pew, popped back up and left. I was sitting on the pew no one likes because a bright light shines on it. The pew behind me was almost empty but at the end of it sat this woman's husband and he DID NOT OFFER TO MOVE TO LET ME IN because the appearance of evil is evil. She's playing the organ for a while starting today so he was alone.

Then there's the preacher. I think a lot of him. I believe he's kind, caring and SINCERE. If I ever learn that he is not sincere, it will be a blow to me. When I applied for that newspaper job, I was given the opportunity to do stringer work for them and I got this idea I'd like to write about this church. There is reason to do so that I won't go into. So I emailed the preacher who did not respond. I spoke to him after church and he said, THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE, "I'll call you Tuesday about it.Will that be ok?"

He did not call Tuesday and has not mentioned it when we pass in church. Later, I emailed him again saying I no longer have the confidence to pursue this project.

BOTTOM DAMN LINE: If the preacher is sincere and kind and caring, yet does not call as stated or respond in any fashion, HOW WORTHLESS DOES THAT MAKE ME????

Who is Thelma? Is that a drug? That woman is wrote about Stella and the Grove is divorcing her young husband who she met in the islands as she has realized he's gay and married her for citizenship. He's countersuing saying she's discriminating against homosexuals. I think that's right. It was not a good book. Poorly written.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 07-03-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, sure he can go read the magazine in the library. He could read that article online -- it says on the website that it will be available on July 7 (did we all write that on our calendars? ) By the time kids are over 13 or 14, I think the goal isn't actually to protect them from seeing stuff that's inappropriate, but to make sure they understand and respect the boundaries you place and in consequence internalize values you think are important. Something/someone steps over your boundaries (like this magazine), you react -- DS refines his knowledge of what's offensive to you and maybe he uses that to alter his attitudes or behavior. I guess what I'm saying is that the most important thing is that he knows how you feel about it. Of course you don't have to discuss every little thing. Drive you both crazy.

Yeah, I actually think about stuff like that. Sad isn't it? That's why I chose my 3fc name -- I am so wonky.

Don't talk to me about weight and sex -- how about 2 people who are both unhappy about their bodies and probably equally unhappy about each other's -- no hope there!

I did just see part of a Discovery Health Channel show where some women went into an experimental program to improve their sex lives -- one of them had had a hysterectomy and after it her sex drive did a 180. You wouldn't want to do this program though, let me assure you. It had to do with electrodes and spinal columns. And hospital johnnies. Just what everyone associates with a great sex life, eh?

I'm giggling about the wallet size photos, Peachie.

Kiwi
Old 07-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

My analysis is that even electrodes, spinal columns and hospital johnnies (like Thelma? What the h*ll???) will get old and the subject will go on to more extreme sources. It's like marijuana leading to crack. Sex with your legally installed dh will lead you to hospital johnnies.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #66  
loves kleenex box art

maybe you're right Wonkie (I don't know what that means either). How does this sound.

Me to DS:

DSie, your Wired magazine came while you were gone. I have it put away in my bedroom. I know there's a lot in that magazine that interests you (sneaker soles, pocket knives, computer games, digital cameras) but I have a problem with this issue. They have a lengthy article on a gadget that supposedly measures intensity of orgasms in women. They are promoting this article on the cover and I feel that it's cheap exploitation aimed at getting people who would not normally buy this magazine to pick it up at the newsstands. I am offended by the editor's decision and offended that it would be shipped to my underage son. Yet, it's your magazine and I realize there are other worthwhile articles included. What do you think we should do?

He's be thinking: WHERE IS IT?

He'll say: I don't know. What do you think?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #67  
Member w/ messiest house

Peachie dear, if the preacher is truly sincere and kind and caring, he would have responded by now to your requests. If a company proclaims they are the Customer Service experts, and then they treat the customer like cr*p, who's to blame? The customer? Maybe this church is just too big to pay much attention to one member, but whatever the reason, it ain't your fault, girl!

And Thelma is one of the renegade duo, Thelma and Louise. She's a girl gone bad.

K
Old 07-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, you're going to leave it to him to decide? Good luck!

Going in to town for the craft fair -- I'm selling ornaments for the Performing Arts Boosters today. Ta.

kiwi
Old 07-04-2005, 01:16 AM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

I"m back. And thank you to those of you .. well, Kiwi and Bagz and maybe Painty ... who helped me rant. There's a Divorce Recovery group going on at church and I've been to it once. Decided I probably wouldn't go back since I'm not freshly divorced and not in the same boat. But after all that b*tching, I noticed that the weekly Bible verse which had been handed out (and was on my fridge) was:

Therefore I will not keep silent; I will speak out in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. Job 7:11

Well, how perfect. I was doing GREAT! I was complaining in the BITTERNESS OF MY SOUL to beat all. So I went to the class and now I feel much better.

One interesting thing: I mentioned to this group of 8 that sometimes I feel like tearing up my Bible because Herbie gave it to me and put his/my name in it. Three other people out of 8 had the same thing!! And the leader had given her dh's Bible away becuase of the same. I don't know. It just made me feel more normal.

Bye. Rant over.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, that is very cool. If you think about it, you don't have to be "freshly" divorced to be coping with the consequences. It's always good to find people who you can identify with, eh?

I have cramps. Just to share.

We're going to a family bbq and not bringing anything. Because we only got invited by accident last night (they thought we were out of town). I would pick up some ice cream, but sweets are what they do best and I can't think of anything else. I feel like I ought to at least have something for the Marine nephew who will be going overseas soon -- I can't think of anything tho. I am spectacularly out of ideas.

So anyway:

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

kiwi
Old 07-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

Where is the nephew going? Get him a phone card.

I am going to a friend's house. Her dh will go away to a 12-step meeting and she, her mom and I will hang out and eat. I am also bringing nothing.

I wish other people would post. It's like that woman in the social hall at church who didn't want me to sit by her.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #72  
fatter than U

Talking Is this seat taken?

I'm here, I'm here, and I'll sit beside you, Peachy!

I just ate too much pizza. And the state of my house is disgusting me. REALLY disgusting me. Something must be done. Today was boiling hot but we just had a bit of rain so I can breathe again.

Happy Fourth o' July to all the 'Merican cows!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

The nephew is going to Iraq. He will be driving and/or guarding convoys. I don't think he needs a phone card. Maybe a case of sunscreen.

You know what Dorothy Parker used to say: If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me.

I have to share the extent of my brain damage (or whatever it is, heat stroke maybe) -- this is how that sentence read when I first typed it:
If you can't anything nice, some sit by me. It was all I could do to force myself to go change it.

We're going out to dinner with old acquaintances. How dreary does that sound? I will look on the bright side -- they are all older than I am and some of them are fatter. There. I feel better already.

Condolences on the pizza stuffing. Maybe I should avoid that this evening. A nice cool salad maybe. A salad and a case of beer. That'll make the fireworks more interesting...

Kiwi
Old 07-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

LET FREEDOM RINNNNNNNNNG LET THE WHITE DOVE SING---LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW THAT TODAY IS A DAY OF RECONNING============INDEPENDENCE DAYYYYYYYY~~~~~~~~~~~---- TODAY WE HAD A BOAT LOAD OF AmerryCANS AND I SAID "HAPPY FOURTH OF JUUU-LIE TO YAS ALL" THEY APPRECIATED IT AND I EVEN MADE A SIGN FOR MY BLACKBOARD IN RED WHITE AND BLUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!-----so did they spend piles of cash at my shop??? NOOOOOOOOOOo but that's okay,my local people have been very good to me thus far and i haven't sunk yet!----------peachers=-----TRUST IN GOD ONLY!!!--- the losers who claim to represent Him will always let you down---remember my favourite prayer--- JESUS PROTECT ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------ and you can sit on our bus anyday-----of course we are all so fat we will have to SHOVE over so you can fit------as far as sex goes painty---------------i think i made myself clear earlier---and HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA to what kiwonk said----'' WORD!!!"------HI SUGAR!!!! I THINK I WILL MAKE SOME BISCUITS FOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE---THE BERRIES ARE JUST PERFECT RIGHT NOW!!! XOXOXOXO
Old 07-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #75  

Hey, peaches, I'll talk to you!! Love that the rant and bible verse knit themselves together. If you feel bitter, keep going to "divorce recovery" groups until you don't feel bitter. I think I went to three.

Great plan for DS and Wired, too.

(Thelma, is, indeed my left boob. The one with the tumor. She is near me, but not "really" a part of me... at least in my mind.... Louise has been behaving herself... at least so far.)

Thanks to all of you North of the Border types for the July 4 wishes.
DH and worked at our respective hobbies (well, some)... he was in woodworking mode, I pulled weeds until I was sunburned with a big white x on my back... (target practice for grackles, probably)... then we cooled off and went out for "supper".... I yielded to 1/2 piece of amazing chocolate cake... Must drink water and knit or otherwise keep my nibbling-enabling fingers busy.

Bagzzz: I am so sorry the Amurcans didn't spend money with you. I'm ashamed for them. I am actually working on sheep... I don't like them (enough), yet. Please sent photos of your area (if you get the time....) I was amazed when in Newburyport, MA and towns in ME how much I wanted to buy sketches of the area as keepsakes... and the really cute ones I wanted to frame, and then there were some I just thought would be perfect to mail.....
"Burtam was feeling more sheepish than usual because Eula beat him at his own game."

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Closed Thread