Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Eydie, eating light meals six times a day can really help in blood sugar control, which helps almost everyone feel better and manage weight more effectively, especially women at certain stages of life (this is my opinion and not meanin' to say that your SARP is incorrect).

Cacmsc, congratulations on the good choices you are making and the preplanning.

You're both doin' great!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:45 PM   #32  
deleted2

Amarantha, I'm going to give it a try--the eating 5 times a day, I mean. Pamela Peeke says 'the weight melts away'. Haw! We'll see. I've tried a lot of things and I've never had the experience of weight melting away!
But in my quest to trust this process and trust that someone else may know a bit more than me, I'm going to try it.

Cacmsc, how as your dinner out? What did you decide to have?

Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Good for you, E!!!! I think you'll be very satisfied ... dunno about the meltin' away part!

Not sure I WANT to melt away, personally!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:53 PM   #34  
deleted2

Default Tuesday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 scrambled egg beaters w/ lite cheese

brown rice pasta w/ roasted vegs, feta
strawberries

4 mini sugar-free peanut butter cups

Salad [lettuce, vegs, tofu, Thai peanut sauce, cashews]
fruit sweet. ice cream w/ fruit-sweet fudge sauce

Calories: 1545
protein: 53 grams
water: 8 glasses
fruit/ vegs: 8 servings

exercise: 30 min. tae bo
10 min. lateral thigh strider
40 min. yoga

I don't know what got into me buying the sugar-free peanut butter cups. Not like me at all. I know a lot of folks depend on the sugar-free stuff but it's just too dangerous for me. It's too available and with my past dependence on sweets I could get attached to the s-f chocolates too easily.
Great workout today. Did it all with great "sincerity" and sweated like a dainty pig!!!!

Tomorrow's day 10! always a little thrill to hit double digits!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Hello!

Hi Eydie! Congrats on following your BFL program!
I am on day 24 of BFL regular...and have dropped a few lbs...and my clothes are fitting looser....it is a pretty tough program, as far as getting to the gym 6x a week i dont know if i could turn that into a lifelong change...
Have you done this program before? Does the ladies one differ a lot from the original?
Way to go on your progress! Keep up the good work.....
Karla
Old 06-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #36  
deleted2

Thanks for the visit, Karla! BFL 4 Women is a bit different from the original. The workout uses dumbells and the food plan uses more real food and less protein powders and also there's no free food day [something that I couldn't handle when I tried the original]. Is this your first time doing BFL?

I'm on Day 10 and have lost 2 pounds and am feeling good about it, feeling tighter and leaner.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:49 AM   #37  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well so much for being good I will admit I fell off my plan. I ate chinese instead of going to the place I wanted to eat at. My friend so badly wanted chinese. Then after my meeting for speaking on the panel I was given chocolates. Chocolate covered cashews. Well they say cashews are okay for you to eat if you limit them oh I DON'T think they were thinking with milk choc. all over them. Well I opened them on my way home and ate some the calories were 150 for 2 oh I ATE more than that of course. Once I started I just ate! Needless to say it was emotional eating with out a doubt. But today is another day. I did great yesterday until dinner time. I had only eaten 500 calories and figured I was home free with 900 left for the day. I most likely was if I had made some better choices even skipped those chocolates. Well the hubby has them now and I told him I don't even want to see them again! To bad I didn't read the calories first that usually will stray me away at least to eat only one serving! Today is another day and no sense of crying over something thats come and gone. Learn your lesson and move on. So today I will be working on being more active and making healthier choices.
Karla welcome! I am looking into this BFL and trying to get a handle on it myself. Just doing my own thing right now. But being on this site gives me info. and helps to keep me motivated.
Edyie your doing great keep up the good work.
Amarantha but melting some lbs. away would be nice huh? Never been any easy way for me to lose wt. Just some new routines and changes along the way. Thats where picking up new ideas from others helps motivate me most of the time.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #38  
Empress/Queen

cacmsc, SOME meltin' might be nice, I'd have to agree w' that! Dinna feel like the Lone Rangerette on havin' an offish day, happens to all o' us! Sigh!

Karla, I'm not currently doing BFL (have done it) but am a sorta cheerleader here so hello!!! Congratulations on Day 24!!!

E!!!! I'm back on the wagon and better for the experience ... THROW THOSE PB CUPS AWAY, E, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND!!! ~ Signed, EDN (Evil Diet Nanny)!

Let's go out there and make this the best BFL (or thinkin' about BFL) day ever!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #39  
deleted2

cacamsc, I had a run-in with chocolate cov'd cashews once. Plain ones are delicious enough and hard to resist. You're right, 'tis over and done with. You have your memories!

Amarantha, got to work and threw the rest of those little devils away. I won't make that mistake again!

Got home from work and wanted to take a nap--I've done that the last couple of days actually. I still haven't done my upper body stuff, and I have to amke it count, really put my heart and soul into it because it's the only upper body workout this week.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Howdy!

Hi everyone!
How are you doing?
Eydie-Yes this is my first shot at BFL...Ive been trying just about everything the last few years and Ill lose some weight but then just put it back on again...I can see this helping me for sure in the eating area..the workouts I dont know if I can commit to 6x a week...forever....i really like to play sports for exercise but where im living now there arent many competitive leagues....
How was your UBW ? I did lower BW and found it pretty tough..I didnt lift as much as last time..
Amarantha- Hi! how did you like BFL when you did it? Did you see changes?

Cacamsc-Hello! Is that short for something?it took me a few times to spell
i can totally relate to your eating out adventure..i find it hard to eat wisely when i go out so i am sort of avoiding it for now..except on "free day" which usually by the end of the day I am feeling really gross and wondering why I wanted to eat that 'poison' anyway

Have a good day ladies! Im off to bible study ...then pick up the kids and hopefully get in my cardio before my hubby gets off work-but i wont be running if my back still hurts like this!
Karla
Old 06-16-2005, 06:23 AM   #41  
deleted2

Default June 15

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
rice milk w/ strawberies, banana, whey protein

1 ww toast w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Salad [spinach, vegs, soy 'chicken', chickpeas, cheddar, avocado dressing]
clementine

1/2 ww pita w/ pizza sauce, mozzarella
salad[ lettuces, vegs, vinaigrette]
watermelon

water: 8 glasses
calories:1460
protein: 54 grams

exercise: 60 min. upper body
15 min. bellydancing

Great workout today! I think I'm going to have arms I can be proud of at this rate. Actually, when I tried BFL before it was the only thing that ever changed my arms.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #42  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Eydie have you ever tried those little whole wheat pita pockets? There really tasty and only 55 cals. a piece. I like them better than the big ones. They are made by Thomas brand. I sometimes enjoy them for lunch w/ hummus jalopeno/ cukes/ lettuce/ cherry tomatoes. Just a thought! I am always looking for new things variety is a good thing so we don't get bored!
Karla my real name is Carol and feel free to use it. The c for first name, a middle, c last name the msc is my title at work. Just a weird little way of signing on crazy huh but so easy to remember! Sounds like your a busy mom. Make sure you take a little time for yourself once in awhile. I count calories and also try to grab info. along the way that makes my wt. loss journey easier. Taking wt. off slow usually keeps it off for me at least recently. I have about 15 to really reach my goal. But I am down about 10 lbs. so thats not so bad. Everyone says I shouldn't lose 15 more we'll see how I feel and look. That will be my guide.
Amaratha those choc.'s are little devils for sure. I felt awful after I read the calories. That is one thing I can say if I read the calories sometimes it stops me from eating that item. Or less of it if I really want it. I have a few glass dishes that are only 1/2 size. They are great for that scoop of ice cream or pudding etc. Just the right size and when its gone its gone. Well off to work I go! I am working out this afternoon finally and going to make healthy choices all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I counted my calories and got to 1430 not so bad! I try to stay between 1400-1500.
Carol
Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 AM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Hi challengers! Everyone's lookin' good here!

E, your breakfast drink looks delish. I can't drink rice milk on Sugar Busters, but used to just love it. Have you tried almond milk also? It's to die for! You're doing great. Keep on workin' those arms!!! I love havin' good arms because I can see 'em!

Karlal: I did have good results from BFL and liked it a lot. Stopped because of a few reason, mainly that I hired the personal trainer and didn't really conform to the BFL workouts. The original eating plan was perfect for me but at that time, I didn't have the dedication to follow it in spirit. I was doin' things like counting a donut for the carb portion of meals, etc.

Carol, good idea about the small dishes ... buying a set of children's dinnerware helped me also, especially with the small balanced meals of BFL ... your cal count is great!!

Keep a goin' BFLers and those thinkin' about BFL.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Talking Rewriting to comment on my read of BFL for Women, which I bought today!

Edited: I loved the book and thanks to E for starting this thread, which got me to buy it. Here's a surprise ... BFL for Women is pretty much what I've been doin' with Sugar Busters and my workouts supervised by the trainer! So, I guess I'm a BFL for Womenite ... but I don't plan any formal 12-week challenge, just takin' things week by week right now.

Two things in the book really stood out for me: I loved the success story of the 95-year-old ... just her pics are an inspiration. Also, I loved the "pledge" Dr. Peeke has in there ... about "humbly accepting" that self-care is important and takes work.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-16-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 AM   #45  
deleted2

Carol, I have tried the mini pitas--love those perfect little pockets. I use them quite often at work for receptions. [Ironically , I'm a cook---can you believe that? ]

Amarantha, glad you got the book. It's all good practical info, isn't it? I liked the 95-year-olds story too!

Left my journal at work after a 15-hour day so will add that later. Off to work to be surrounded by more food!

Closed Thread