View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #1306  
The Vegas Strip

hi!
i hope you feel better rocker!
did you see inked?
what about miami ink?
i'm going to sea isle in 2 wks it'll be my first time there
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #1307  
Sarge

Hi girls!!

BROOK - I hear ya on that inferno thing. We slept downstairs last night. Hopefully it's getting fixed while we're at work today or I don't know what we're going to do tonight.

ROCKER - Sea Isle is nice...used to go there as a kid. We'll be in AC tomorrow (staying overnight) if you want to come visit! Can't wait!

VIVA - It took everything you had not to say "Thank God it's Friday. I never thought this week would end," didn't it? You're going on vacation?

Not too much going on here, other than the fact that I'm in no hurry to get home if our air isn't fixed. But otherwise, just hanging in there. Looking forward to the weekend.
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #1308  
The Vegas Strip

Yes, I'm going to be quite the traveler the next couple of months.
I go to Sea Isle from August 27-September 3rd...San Francisco from September 13-18, and Las Vegas from October 12-15...or maybe I'll just stay in Vegas and serve cocktails! LOL

I hope everyone's AC gets fixed!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #1309  
Sarge

Um, VIVA, I was being sarcastic...like you haven't mentioned here a million times that you're going on vacation.

I hope my AC gets fixed, and then I get my AC fix!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:24 AM   #1310  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiddle-my-thumbs
Um, VIVA, I was being sarcastic...like you haven't mentioned here a million times that you're going on vacation.

I hope my AC gets fixed, and then I get my AC fix!
If you aren't at HH, you aren't paying attention...so how was I to know?!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #1311  
Sarge

Good morning girls!!

Wow, what a weekend. Got home to a nice, cool house. New A/C was installed and working like a charm. Woo hoo!!

Saturday we went down to AC for the evening...went to see The Nerds at their 20th anniversary party, which was cool. Great show. Thought I saw an ex-boyfriend there, but didn't say anything to him before he walked away. Would've been interesting if it was him...haven't talked to him in 10 years or so.

After the show, we gambled a little, went out to the boardwalk, got some fries and ate them on the beach. Then went back in, gambled some more, got a couple of beers, and finally crawled into bed around 5 AM. Got up around 11, got ready, and went out on the beach for a few hours. Then we went to gamble a little bit more before heading home. While we didn't hit the "big one," we ended up covering all of our expenses other than the hotel room, so I was pretty pleased with that!

Now it's back to the grindstone. Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #1312  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Morning all....gotta make this quick. Have to clean the building from the wedding over the weekend b/c there's a wedding here today! I wanna get it done and overwith early so I don't have to worry about it.

BBL!
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #1313  
Sarge

Who gets married on a Monday?????? Good grief, Rocker, your work never ends, does it?
Old 08-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #1314  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiddle-my-thumbs
Who gets married on a Monday?????? Good grief, Rocker, your work never ends, does it?
OMG, TWIDDLE, you have no idea. This is the first Monday wedding this summer but I've already had about 4 Thursday weddings so far and a couple more scheduled later this month and in Sept! You are right when you say there is no end.

Had a blast on Sat....S & I went to Wildwood (thought it was Sea Isle but I was wrong!) to visit with her bro and family. We ended up going to the Soul Summer Slam event and I have to say that was pretty cool! There was a flag football game between some of the Soul front office and WW lifeguards and dignataries. Jaws even jumped in and played too!

After that the band the Interns played--they are pretty good. Some of the Soul players were walking around and the Q-back was in a tent signing stuff...he eventually got out and walked around. Got to meet the new head coach-really cool guy and seems really excited to be in Philly and to turn the Soul around into a winning team. I sure hope he's right! It was a very relaxed atmosphere...all the players were very accessible as was Jaws--very cool. We ended up under the beer tent to cool off....all they had was Bud (yuck) but I drank two--someone had bought them for me so I didn't wanna seem ungrateful. Got a free bud t-shirt that would fit a midgit but I'll use it as a goal to fit into. Bought a Soul Summer Slam tee...all proceeds go to charity. Can't wear that yet either. Do they seriously think everyone is tiny? All they had were L & XL....I got an XL--I can get it on and down but it shows way too many of my rolls so I'm not wearing it til I feel comfortable in it. It'll go in my Soul/Jovi box for now!

We didn't go to the bar event....S & I walked almost the entire boardwalk back to the house...everyone else went back early. Had a nice dinner then we headed home...didn't get back til almost midnight.

I so enjoyed getting away for the day...it was very much needed. It was so nice not to think about work but of course when I got home there were messages from my supervisors. It never ends. Of course I wake up that morning (Sat) and TOM had arrived. So NOT fun in the blazing heat and bad cramps! LOL....

Didn't do squat yesterday b/c I was so tired. My sore throat is back but I'm taking stuff so I hope it goes away soon.

Things still aren't good with DGF or mom's friend. She had surgery to remove the tumor and was doing good on Fri...they even moved her out of intensive care but on Sat she took a turn for the worse and they didn't know if she'd make it thru the night or not. Talked to mom late last night and she's still hanging on, but just barely.

So, that's my story for now. UGH. I would love to just go home and curl up but we all know that's not happening. I have budget due by the end of the week and I haven't even started it. If I didn't have to do all this crap maybe I'd get some time to work on it. Oh well.

Was totally off the program for the past week or so. I'm trying hard again today so we'll see what happens.

Well, gotta go finish cleaning. Have a great day!

Last edited by RockerChick; 08-15-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #1315  
Sarge

Um, yeah, we're not going to win that! (That's not even an option for this race.) We would like to not finish last in our division, that's our goal.

I can't believe you still don't have A/C! You should have used our guys...they did a great (i.e. speedy) job! Did you have those storms pass by last night? Woke me up at 1 AM - I've never been woken up by storms like that before.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #1316  
Sarge

Oh, BROOK, I'm so sorry to hear about Missy! Prayers to her and her partner, as well as you guys. At least she has you to help her through this!!

Not much going on here. I'm really missing working out, and hope my knee gets better soon. There's no news there, they just think it's a sprain that has to heal on its own. It's getting better, but I still can't do any normal exercise routine. *sigh*

ROCKER, VIVA, HAPPY - Hi!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #1317  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Morning Chickies.....

BROOK: so sorry to hear about Missy! Prayers for everyone!

TWIDDLE: my ortho told me to stop the walking (both outside and treadmill) as well as the stair climber at the gym (never mastered that!). Ever since I've done that, my knee (for the most part) has been so much better. At the gym I do the eliptical and bike.

VIVA: Tommy Lee goes to college @ 9 and Miami Inked at 10....woohoo! Will be setting my vcr for both just in case! LOL...

Hi HAPPY!

Gotta run....once again have to clean up from last night's wedding and get ready for a big township meeting tonite! IT NEVER ENDS!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #1318  
The Vegas Strip

Viva is stuck in a puddle somewhere
Old 08-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #1319  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA~GIRL
Viva is stuck in a puddle somewhere
We'd better form a search party! LMAO!

Where the fluck is everyone? Just because SPILLIE's not around doesn't mean you all can't come out to play, damnit!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:33 PM   #1320  
♪ Rock on! ♪

......and not one of you noticed my new avatar!