View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #811  
Sarge

Okay, I'm signing off now so I don't get yelled at later by SPILLIE. You know how she gets.

Have a good weekend you guys!! I'll 'talk' to you on Monday!
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #812  
PR Aug 2005

Have a good weekend TWIDDLE, don't drink too much...water that is
SPILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:59 PM   #813  
♪ Rock on! ♪

By TWIDDLE!

Looks like it's you and me, SPILLIE--soon to be you. Gonna sign off for now. Gotta make some calls before I go.

SPILLE: My man called in to a NY radio station and I heard it LIVE!!!! One of my Jovi buds emailed me with about 5 min before he was to call. I went to the site, registered and streamed the station! O-M-G did he ever sound sexy! WHEW!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!~
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #814  
PR Aug 2005

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

CHICKIE, that's great. I'm glad you had your afternoon made, first WI and now to your man!!
Old 07-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #815  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Morning Chickies! Came in early today....thought maybe from all the rain some of my building might be flooded and it was. Just got done cleaning up what I could, now I'm all sweaty! ICK!

Went to the movies by myself on Sat! First time I've ever done that! Went to see Wedding Crashers--pretty good flick but it dragged at the end a bit. Got myself some popcorn (no butter) and a diet soda. That stuff cost me more than the movie did!

Cant wait to see my friends tonite! Last time I saw them was last summer....we talk on the phone and send emails, but nothing's better than getting together! They are going to do some touring today before they check in--in the Valley Forge area. I opted out of that b/c of my knee. Tomorrow we'll go downtown to the Liberty Bell and stuff like that. I told them I will probably have to sit from time to time and to just go on w/o me if needed.

They want a good cheesesteak and asked where Pat's and Geno's are.....can anyone tell me? I've never been to either but told them I would ask you guys today. Better yet, can anyone give me directions to either one of those from downtown (where the LB is and stuff like that)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind I'm directionally challanged!

Well, gotta go--lots to do to try and get caught up. Have a good one!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #816  
Sarge

Good morning girls!!

My stomach hurts so much right now. I have no idea what's wrong. Not sure if I'm going to make it through the day or not...guess we'll see!

Rocker - Pat's and Geno's are located at the intersection of 9th, Wharton, and Passyunk. From the Liberty Bell, I would head west to 9th or 10th Street, and turn left (whichever one of those you can turn left onto). Follow for about a mile, until you get to Wharton. If you're on 10th, turn left to go to 9th Street. You can't miss them!! There's also Jim's, on South Street, which is quite tasty and a lot easier to get to. It's on South, I think at 3rd Street (maybe 4th?).

Spillie - Are we on for walking today (assuming I make it through the day)? There's a heat advisory today, and I don't know about rain, so I wanted to check in with you about that. If we want to decide later, that's fine with me. Whatever!!

Brook, Happy, and Viva - Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

We went to the Mellencamp concert on Friday night - great show! John Fogerty played first, then Mellencamp, then they played a couple of songs together. And no rain!! Woo hoo!

Saturday we drove our friends up to Newark airport, then went down to Chadds Ford to my friend's son's 1st birthday party. That's the first time I've seen her family in years (we went to high school together), and it was really nice seeing them and talking to them again. We ended up staying there well into the evening.

Yesterday we stayed in and watched movies all day - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Surviving Christmas, Employee of the Month, and there was another one I can't remember right now. That was about it!

Talk to you girls later!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #817  
PR Aug 2005

HOLA CHICAS,

I had a nice relaxing weekend. First went to a class on Saturday and Sunday did the Stairmaster and did some so it felt good to get to the gym on the weekend and both days to boot. Afterward went shopping Saturday and Sunday for my trip and getting stuff ready for when DH has to leave. Spending all this money feels so bad, but it feels so good that I have been buying in regular stores and not the more expensive stores that I used to shop at for clothes.

CHICKIE, have a good time with your friends. If you really want them to have a good cheesesteak, Gino's or Pat's is not the way to go. A real cheesesteak is found in a South Philly pizza joint. Any corner pizzeria will have a great steak. I would give you directions, but I'm horrible with street names, I just always get in a car and go or walk and never bother to look at any signs or anything,

TWIDDLE, I won't be able to make it tonight. I have to go and pick up my new lease for the apartment. The SOB of a landlord is raising our rent and wants to stipulate in there that any fixing around the apt for under $50. we have to fix out of our pocket. Yeah right, like we would want to put any money into a place that is not ours. So I might need a place to live after I kill him tonight.

VIVA, how did you do? If I see you on this thread that means you lost everything and had to come back to us whether you liked it or not.

BROOK, hope you're having fun. When do you get back????

HAPPIEST, helloooooo

Well off to get my , HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #818  
The Vegas Strip

Hey all. Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm back. It sure does suck, LOL! My weekend was good for the most part. Thursday after DBF got up here we went down to DE so I could get my camera, printer, etc. and that went well. We went to go see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory on Thursday night and the IMAX was sold out. There were still tickets for the regular show but I want to see it on the IMAX!!! I was so sad I didn't get to see it then! It was packed! Friday morning we left to go to AC...I wanted to leave at 10 but of course we didn't leave til a little before 11am. Probably actually got on the beach at 1pm (after getting gas --- 2.19 a gallon!!) and were out there til like 5pm...OMG loved it...we wanna go back soon!!!! (but to stay overnight) -- then we went to eat dinner and play a few slots. I broke even. We got home at like 9:30. Saturday morning I woke up and I couldn't move...my back hurt SOOOO bad. I remembered that I had that Ben Gay patch thing so I had that on. It helped a tiny bit...but definitely NOT enough. DBF thinks it was a cold in my back from the fan? Ever heard of that? I have no idea WTF it was, but it was HORRIBLE. I couldn't sleep. So at like 10:30amish I finally got up and went downstairs. I thought I was OK and we were going to go to Peace A Pizza for lunch and then to the 1:30pm Charlie movie. We leave the house and I go to get in the car...I sit down and OMFG...I was in tears I was in so much pain. I was like I can't do this...so we went back in the house. I layed down on the sofa and he went to the store to get me something. I took that and we waited an hour or so and I was feeling better so we went to Max & Erma's for lunch. I was doing ok - a little minor pain here and there but overall fine. We were going to stop at Wine & Spirits and the grocery store. We went in Wine & Spirits, got a few things...and on the way out it started hurting bad again...so we went home. After I could take my 2nd dose of medicine we went to the grocery store. I was OK except for when we were coming out of the store...I was thinking maybe it's the going from the cold to hot that really bothered it? It's ok for the most part now...but hurts every now and then.

SPILLIE: I have to pay for anything under $50 that needs fixed in my place. So far I really haven't had to pay for anything...just some filters for my heat pump but I got like 6 of those for $3. Otherwise everything else is more $$

ROCKER: Have a great time with your friends! Are you off the next few days? Don't forget about HK tonight and BLOW OUT tomorrow (season finale) - I missed him on QVC on Friday and forgot to tape it

TWIDDLE: I hope you feel better!! Glad you had fun at the concert.

Hi BROOK and HAPPY!

I'll check in soon...off to go to the kitchen for more water!
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #819  
The Vegas Strip

Hey all. Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm back. It sure does suck, LOL! My weekend was good for the most part. Thursday after DBF got up here we went down to DE so I could get my camera, printer, etc. and that went well. We went to go see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory on Thursday night and the IMAX was sold out. There were still tickets for the regular show but I want to see it on the IMAX!!! I was so sad I didn't get to see it then! It was packed! Friday morning we left to go to AC...I wanted to leave at 10 but of course we didn't leave til a little before 11am. Probably actually got on the beach at 1pm (after getting gas --- 2.19 a gallon!!) and were out there til like 5pm...OMG loved it...we wanna go back soon!!!! (but to stay overnight) -- then we went to eat dinner and play a few slots. I broke even. We got home at like 9:30. Saturday morning I woke up and I couldn't move...my back hurt SOOOO bad. I remembered that I had that Ben Gay patch thing so I had that on. It helped a tiny bit...but definitely NOT enough. DBF thinks it was a cold in my back from the fan? Ever heard of that? I have no idea WTF it was, but it was HORRIBLE. I couldn't sleep. So at like 10:30amish I finally got up and went downstairs. I thought I was OK and we were going to go to Peace A Pizza for lunch and then to the 1:30pm Charlie movie. We leave the house and I go to get in the car...I sit down and OMFG...I was in tears I was in so much pain. I was like I can't do this...so we went back in the house. I layed down on the sofa and he went to the store to get me something. I took that and we waited an hour or so and I was feeling better so we went to Max & Erma's for lunch. I was doing ok - a little minor pain here and there but overall fine. We were going to stop at Wine & Spirits and the grocery store. We went in Wine & Spirits, got a few things...and on the way out it started hurting bad again...so we went home. After I could take my 2nd dose of medicine we went to the grocery store. I was OK except for when we were coming out of the store...I was thinking maybe it's the going from the cold to hot that really bothered it? It's ok for the most part now...but hurts every now and then.

SPILLIE: I have to pay for anything under $50 that needs fixed in my place. So far I really haven't had to pay for anything...just some filters for my heat pump but I got like 6 of those for $3. Otherwise everything else is more $$

ROCKER: Have a great time with your friends! Are you off the next few days? Don't forget about HK tonight and BLOW OUT tomorrow (season finale) - I missed him on QVC on Friday and forgot to tape it

TWIDDLE: I hope you feel better!! Glad you had fun at the concert.

Hi BROOK and HAPPY!

I'll check in soon...off to go to the kitchen for more water!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #820  
The Vegas Strip

AM I THE ONLY ONES HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE? I'm so sorry!!!!

Maybe it's my Pink Sweat Suit Set
Old 07-18-2005, 10:31 AM   #821  
PR Aug 2005

Well GET OVER IT!! AND WTF is this drool about The Order of the Phoenix not being as good as the others. Was she reading the same book I was. I thought it was great and Rowlings' mind is so out there that I just love her. WTH has the season that shall not be mentioned ever written to know what is great. Maybe she can't pronunciate or understand the big words.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #822  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Ok chickies, am signing off. Have a ton of stuff to do at the main building so I have to go. Thanks for the tips on the cheesesteaks....I of course will be having ice water!

You won't believe this but my knee started acting up this morning. I am so upset about this b/c of my plans! I'm gonna suck it up as best I can and deal with it later. I just can't believe this. I've had these plans set for months....knee was ok last week then today BAM. I may even dope up on the percosets tonite.

Don't know if I can join you on Weds or not....doesn't look like it but I will try. If not, have a wonderful time w/o me!

TWIDDLE: sorry you're not feeling well...hope it passes soon!

VIVA: I have heard of that cold thing from the fan....esp. in the neck.

SPILLIE: please try and behave while I'm gone! LMAO!

Hello to BROOK & HAPPY!

Have a good one....catch you all on Thursday!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #823  
Sarge

OMG...I feel like such cr*p right now!!!! One of my co-workers told me to go home, but I'm usually of the mindset that if I'm getting work done, I'll stay. Sooooo... I feel like it's PMS cramps, but about 5x the strength. Now mind you, I never get PMS cramps, and I'm not PMSing. I've "burped" a couple of times, like I'm on the verge of vomiting. Sorry if that's TMI... Ugh.

Spillie - I'm glad we're not walking tonight!! I told DH I'd go running with him, but now I just e-mailed him to cancel that too. It'll be a night in bed for me!

Camp Grammy sounds like fun! Wish I could go!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #824  
Sarge

Well, since you girls are so exciting, I'm going to sign-off now. Might head home a little early to go to bed. This pain is absolutely horrible at times - I hope it doesn't hit me while I'm driving!! See you girls tomorrow!!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #825  
PR Aug 2005

Good Night TWIDDLE, hope you feel better soon.

CHICKIE, I'm sorry I missed your exit as well. Have a wonderful time with your friends and enjoy yourself. You know you can have 1/2 of a chicken cheesesteak it's 7pts. And if they do it right very filling.

BROOK, I'm signing the lease and staying quiet, I'm just upset because I'm one of the few tennants that he has that never calls him for anything...we do it all mostly if it can be done by us. I have only called him once in the whole year I have been there and it was because the heater wasn't working. Plus I always pay my rent at least 10 - 15 days before it is even due. He just knows he can get a whole lot more than the $400.00 we pay for the place and wants to make life hard. Little does he know that my life is hard enough and that he is not chasing me away.

VIVA, I'm sure you have left for the day so GOOD NIGHT.