3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58507-new-21-day-challenge-please-join-me.html)

redballoon 06-01-2005 03:21 PM

"mindful" eating........

Good morning. Thursday morning here. Just after 4 a.m. Long day ahead of me today. Well, just wanted to say I am determined to eat well instead of the junk and quick fixes, mindless eating that is where it all comes from...the fat that is. If I don't have time to exercise I can't eat so much, period. That's all it comes down to. Must be more vigilant. I will practice sleep-walking......instead of sleep-eating when I am tired and want to sleep but have to keep working, working, working...

Trixi -- thanks for the kind words. Yeah, Tokyo time is like adding one hour to your time and changing the a.m. to p.m. and vice versa and always forward, which means it's about 3 p.m. with you right now. Great going on the challenge. Day 3 puts you far out in the front, with some of the others I think, but haven't heard from them...... Keep it up. Nice work on the salad and soup. :cp:

Ok, anyone else, where are you all? Don't keep me hanging out here all by my lonesome......

subpremeprincess 06-01-2005 04:55 PM

Hey, Red. I'm here. Last night I really wanted to slack off and not do my walk, but i determined that I would be really pissed at myself if I had to start from day 1 again. I am on day 5 right now, and I got my walk in this morning just in case I get lazy later. I love this challenge! I am determined to make it another 16 days. Hang in there Red, you CAN do it. I am up to 20 miles so far, and if I keep doing 4 miles instead of three a day, I should rack up a whopping 84 miles! I hope that I can do this. Have a better day, and I will post again soon.

Sub

dakotamidnight 06-01-2005 08:18 PM

Well...exercise is out today. Still counting it as one of my 21 days though, because it's not through my fault. Dang cafe at uni changed the oil back to peanut oil, and so I've spent the day recovering from it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

subpremeprincess 06-01-2005 11:07 PM

Quick Post

Hey Dakota, I hope that you recover quickly. It is amazing that any place outside of an Asian restaraunt uses peanut oil. So many people have horrible allergies in regards to peanuts. Today is the first time in a long time that I have a headache. Before I started really getting into my workouts a couple of months ago, I suffered from horrible migraines on a weekly basis. I have had a very busy day here and I am going to finish cleaning my room and hit the sack for some well deserved sleep. Take care and hope to see some new posts soon.

Sub :wave:

redballoon 06-02-2005 07:05 PM

try, try again...........

Hi people. Got through that super long day yesterday but it ended on some beers, which probably sent my calorie count over, plus I was too busy to even count so I guess it's back to Day 1 again. Damn! Well, I did have some major saves, which I wouldn't have had probably without the challenge. I was in the convenience store contemplating buying chocolate and such, but when I read the calorie count (which I forced myself to do) and saw I'd be throwing in an additional 300 calories easy, I just said, NO! I should probably make my challenge easier. Just because I can't count and write things down doesn't really mean I'm failing. Just too busy to do it. Still, I could if I really wanted to........ so back to start again!

dakota -- glad to see you're still with us. Sorry to hear about the peanut attack. Wow, didn't realize (from the sound of Sub's reply) that so many people were affected by peanuts. Are you better now? Sure hope so. Yes, I wouldn't call that a failure. There was no way you could or should have done anything but lie low. Keep going. Keep it up!

Sub -- Hi! So, what happened yesterday? Did you stay on the challenge? You got your walking in early, no? Well, good luck and keep us posted!

Others?! Come on back!! Hope I don't sound like too much of a flake never getting liftoff with this challenge, but believe me, I'm doing better with it than I would have without. It's the effort that counts, not the final mark for the day.

dakotamidnight 06-02-2005 08:02 PM

I'm back and fully recovered! Actually worked out for the best, because eating in the cafe was making me go off plan anyways, so now I'm forced to go eat at home and stay on plan!

Anyways, to make up for it, I walked about 2 miles today in about 30 minutes! Would have been 4, but it was just too hot! I think I'm going to start walking in the morning, and try to walk one block further down my Street {Very long major street} each day, then catch the bus back when I can't go any further. I'm working towards being about to walk in the Diabetes walk here in the fall, which is 5K.

curlylocks 06-02-2005 09:30 PM

ummm I will be restarting tomorrow also my heel spur reared its ugly head .. but i went and got a shot of cortisone today.. so tomorrow will be day 1 AGAIN! lol

redballoon 06-03-2005 07:05 AM

hi curly, jeez, sounds painful! Hope you get better real soon! I'll be joining you on Day 1 I guess tomorrow. Gotta rethink my challenge. I just have the time to do the one I'm doing.....or perhaps not the comittment with the time I do have.

Others?! Where are you????????

conandjarsmom 06-03-2005 09:00 AM

Hi, I'm new here and wondered if it would be ok to join. My challenge is at least 30 minutes exercize everyday. Thanks in advance.
Renee

subpremeprincess 06-03-2005 09:13 AM

Okay guys I am on day 7 of my challenge. I was feeling really lazy last night and almost blew Day 6 because I didn't start my 4 mile walk until 10:15. I have to work through some serious soreness, but I am so sure that I will have shapely legs in a couple of weeks. I am really enjoying this challenge and I find that it is just what I need to motivate me when I'm feeling lazy. Red, have you thought about adding so many steps a day on your pedometer? I think that would be a great challenge for you - a hundred steps are added for each day until you get to 21 days. Curly, I hope that cortisone shot helped the heel spur. Have a great day! :)

Sub

Trixi 06-03-2005 11:05 AM

Day five for me and dreading the weekend. I have gone to curves 3 times this week and will go tomorrow as well. Also joining a gym downtown so I can use the treadmill during lunch.

Down five pounds this week and loving it. I am treating myself to Sushi for lunch (shh don't tell any one) tis a secret.

Hope you all have a great weekend! welcome Renee!

redballoon 06-03-2005 03:31 PM

dealing with the whole picture........

Good morning, all Just going on 4:30 a.m. here. I was rethinking my challenge and realize that what I am trying to do is get the whole thing, my whole day, to work out, and well, sometimes, NOT making the challenge is not bad at all, like these last few days. I am extremely busy and the challenges I want to do require more time, but that's WHY it's a challenge. It's not, for me, enough to just say, I'll do this one thing, or do that one thing. I am an expert at sabotaging effort even though I am sticking to a challenge. And I don't want that. And I also don't want any dieting challenge getting in the way of my life. Sooooo, I know the challenge I want. To not have any really screwball days, like any binge days or total sloth days. Even I've tied to the computer all day, I'll see do some exercise. Even if guys invite me out for beers, I won't drink 10. Even if I'm feeling real down, I won't eat a bagful of chocolate. Each day should be ok for what it brought me. I will face it without going off either end of the pendulum swing. So, that's it. It will involve having a good idea of the food I ate, trying to fit in exercise. So, Saturday, June 4, the new Day 1 of a this challenge.

Sub -- You're moving right along, aren't you? Great going! :cp: Yes, at the end of this, or even in the middle, you will have more stamina and your legs will be stronger. Thanks for the challenge idea. I've thought it over further and the above musings are what I came up with. I can do this! Heh, sub, by the way, did you see that Crime girl started up a new thread? I posted once but really have had no time. In case you're interested in hanging out there.......

Trixi -- :bravo: on getting to Day 5. You, too, are doing fantastic. If you dread the weekend you can take precautions. Plan what you will do. You know your pitfalls. Cut down, make it easy on yourself if need be but make the challenge (she who has yet to get to Day 2 on hers says). You can walk outside too or even in place, so don't blow it now. You've come too far. I'm envious! :yes:

Trixi 06-03-2005 05:13 PM

Thanks Redballoon, dont worry you will do it! I know you can. Will try to post on the weekend but at times my computer at home goes funny and thinks it a paperweight.

Dale

curlylocks 06-03-2005 06:34 PM

yeah!!!! walked 3 miles day 1

subpremeprincess 06-04-2005 12:03 AM

I walked 4 miles today. I am on day 7 here, and thus far I have walked 28 miles over the past 7 days, and I am whipped. I barely squeezed in today's workout as it is 5 to midnight and I'm just finishing. Off to bed I go...

Sub

Red -- You motivated me greatly with this challenge. You are on the right track with exercise every day.

Curly -- Congrats on 3 miles today!

Trixi -- Great going on day 5...I too had sushi for lunch this week and I enjoyed every moment! 5 Pounds! You go girl!

Welcome Renee! Hope to see you posting here to let us know where you are.