3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/58507-new-21-day-challenge-please-join-me.html)

redballoon 06-21-2005 07:13 PM

through Day 11!

Good morning, everyone. I am starting my Day 12 here. Yesterday was another one of those just sliding through type days, not the kind I would like to see continue but still one I will allow as a passable challenge day. As I said before, I am really enjoying this challenge now and I hope I can turn this into my way of life from now on. It still takes a lot of vigilance. I have to think of what I ate and what I will eat and figure in what needs to be done with the day and where my pitfalls may be and plan for them. I refuse to write everything down though. I have determined that that puts the focus on the wrong thing, not the right, which is, enjoying the day, listening to my body and my feelings, not being slave to some calorie tally or pre-determined plan. If my heart is crying out for something, I want to listen to it and answer it, in a way that will not make it cry more later though. I guess this is what life should be like if we don't want to be overweight or unhealthy. Talking with a friend at the gym yesterday I realized that the excuses I have made for not working out or not eating right (meaning eating too much) aren't seen as legitimate excuses by thin people, ones not naturally thin, but people who have a tendency to overeat. In talking I realized that life's rough spots are not to be taken as excuses to overeat. There are other ways they should be dealt with. Okay, on with the day.

curly -- I'm glad you are coming in here to post as much as you are. Is the challenge becoming easier for you now that you have so many days under your belt? I hope so. What day are you on now?

Trixi -- Hi there. I'm glad to hear that something I said helped you. I really feel for you now and know how hard times like this are. Believe me, I've had quite a few of them. Seven years is a long time, whether the end was inevitable or for the better or both or not. Your fiance's leaving is a major change. You sound good. You sound like you know what to do, keep busy, plan things to do. The lows will come. Just sit with them and feel them. You will get through them. Yes, you can do so much without him. You have the power. More often than not, people who aren't right for us do more harm than good and hold us back. Many people actually want to be held back because they're afraid of their power and the problems it can cause in a society or circle of friends and acquaintances who don't want you upsetting the status quo. Trixi, I can understand your shyness being mistaken for snobbishness. I am similar. Then again, I think I am actually something of a snob, if only because I am always looking to improve myself. I do not want to judge people or tell them what to do though. And heh, if I were 144 lbs, I 'd be a snob, if only because I would be so smug knowing what I had accomplished, as I hope you are. I am so glad to see you taking this hard time and trying to use it as a catalyst to doing the things you wan to do. So, good luck on this challenge for you. Tell me your goals again. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

subpremeprincess 06-21-2005 11:04 PM

Checking In

I have been sick with whatever virus my son has and have been feeling quite crappy. I did walk 4 miles today and I am already looking forward to starting a new challenge. I was think about doing a thousand minutes of exercise for the month of July. Looking forward to my 34th birthday. I hope that I will be able to get into a size 10 by then. I am going to weigh in on Sunday! Since I have a sore throat and a headache, I will be hitting the sack early tonight.

Sub

Red-- Congrats on day 12! You are more than halfway there :cheer: It will be hard to go back to bad habits after finishing this challenge.

Trixi-- Sorry to hear about your breakup and the loss of your cat. I am glad to hear that you are going to take your hurt and pain and turn it into something positive. A lot of people in your situation would probably use the breakup as an excuse not to take care of themselves. You can use the challenge as a means to heal you. I was with my ex for almost 6 years when we broke up and it was not pretty. I did a lot of crying and I quit taking care of myself, and now here I am finally deciding to take the weight off years later. But you, my friend, are going to keep on nurturing and taking care of you. Your new challenge should be selfishness. Indulge and explore yourself. You are first priority :D

Curly-- I love the whole walking while singing Bingo...that's a great idea!

curlylocks 06-22-2005 07:56 AM

today I will be on day 11!!

I think this is the furthest i've made it!!! Yes Im gonna make it to 21.. I'm a woman on a mission.... lol I met a new guy and we have been out a few times ..i think this could be "the one"

He thinks i am cute as a button... but i want him to look and drool! haha

Trixi 06-22-2005 09:55 AM

You guys are so amazing...thank you, my day is better now that I have read your wonderful posts.

My goals? hmmm I dont have an actual wieght goal cause I don't know what I am going to be comfortable at. 144 is not working for me as I thought it would. I am 5'3 and even though the number seems low I feel huge still. Not a big as the 187 I started at but not as good as I know I can be. Losing 43 pounds so far has kept me motivated and what I really truly want is to be able to be dressed and not notice the lumps and bumps but have smooth lines. I say being dressed cause naked is a lost cause and I have come to terms with that.

I want to be healthy and active and be able to give my daughter the attention she deserves. I think with the break up, it is going to allow me to focus on myself more. He never cheated on me or beat me but the lies and omissions from the smallest thing to some real dingers turned me into a raving lunatic. I found myself checking everything and really began to hate myself for tuning in a snoop. My confidence was shot because I did not think he loved me enough to tell the truth and it really hurt. I felt like he thought I was stupid and would believe anything he said and I also felt like a fool for believing him when he said he would stop. The fact is that I allowed it and I am not going to anymore. If we decide to work it out than I want to be more confident in myself that I will not go crazy again. I do love him with all my heart but I think it's time to love me too. I had become financially, emotionally and mentally dependent on him when before him, I was a strong independent women who took care of herself and her daughter for 5 years and did it well. Now I am so afraid that that part of me is gone and I am fighting to get it back.

Subpremepriness - Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are feeling alot better (your son as well)

Curlylocks - good luck with the new guy, I hope one day I will be able to be excited about meeting someone new cause right now it seems like alot of work. I was comfortable knowing that this relationship was going to be for life and to think about going through all that again with a new person makes me want to take a nap!

Redballoon - Day Twelve! and just think, a couple of weeks ago you thought you would not make it past day one! Good job on proving yourself wrong. You could not possibly be a snob considering all the encouragement you have given us.

Have a great day everyone...goal today....not to think about HIM as much as possible.

curlylocks 06-22-2005 10:37 AM

hey trix

my situation was a lot like yours ..we had been together @ 6 yrs but i came to find out I had reason to be snooping.. he was cheating, and when it was all over between us I had @ 5 ladies fill me in on just how much cheatin was going on! ;) since it was with them and they were "so called friends"

and this wasnt the first time he cheated... lol I joke now that he had to many allergies>> allergic to holding a job, allergic to tellin the truth, allergic to keepin his pants on!! ROFLMAO

its been @ 2 years now since we broke up so i have dealt with it and i am ready again.. one thing it sure taught me is what i dont want in a partner...

All I can say is follow your heart maybe u just need some time for yourself... and when the time is right you will be ready to work on the two of u!

jellybeanz 06-22-2005 05:34 PM

hey well i fell off the wagon. Im in the middle of moving everything into storage because we have to go stay with the in laws until the end of august when we take possession of our house, so it's a bad time to start this challenge. On an up side, i got my 40# ribbon on monday!! woohoo. my new goal is to get at least my #45 by the end of july. Starting monday, i will do my 100 sit ups every night!!!! again..

Trixi 06-22-2005 05:48 PM

Congratulations Jellybeanz!!!!!!!

redballoon 06-22-2005 06:35 PM

on to Lucky 13!!!!!!!!

Good morning again, everyone. It's Thursday morning here and raining. I am going to get to the gym again though. It's a real hassle when it rains cause it's a 50-min. walk. Normally, I can bicycle there in a fraction of the time. Then, the walk home. Ugh. But after all, that's a ton of exercise so it's good. Well, moving right along here. Since I've been exercising a lot, I'm having trouble getting the right feel for food. I think I'm eating too little and don't realize it until it's too late and then I scarf down too much. Still, I've been buying these little bags of carrots and eating them. Hard to overeat with that. Last night I felt like going out and buying a couple bottles of beer and relaxing with a video but was so tired I thought, why waste the calories and went to sleep. So, I think this is my Day 13 I'm starting. This next week may be a hard one, but I'm determined to get to 21. Have to keep reminding myself of that though because I feel the pull of the pub coming on. Luckily, my biggest drinking buddy is away till next week. :lol:

Sub -- How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better now. Did you finish your first challenge and did I miss it? I hope I didn't miss it. Remember, though, the challenge is to do something EVERY day, so if you do 1,000 minutes a month, you still have to do some every day! ;) I am cracking the whip here! :lol: No, really, the 21-day thing is about forming new habits, that's why it's for every day. Of course, if this is your second time around, or going to be, you will have two free days to do with as you please! :spin: When is your birthday, by the way? Are you a Cancer or a Leo? Silly me, with the star signs........

curly -- Wow, you cute little button, you! I'm happy for you! :sunny: What fun to have found someone nice to hang with. I hope you continue to enjoy the two of you. Good luck! And congrats on making it to Day 11! :cp: You are rolling right along now, aren't you? :yes:

Trixi -- so glad we are helping you feel better. That's what's great about these places, there are so many of us out there who have had similar experiences and we know what it feels like! You bet! You realize you're not alone. Well, reading your post, I say, with my years of wisdom ;) if you felt something wrong, it was...not necessarily what you felt was wrong but something inherent in the relationship. Many people are attracted to strong, independent women, but it's not because they like them. It's because they see it as a challenge to conquer them and them make jelly out of them. I know. I'm the strong type myself. And I know how they slowly wear you down. You don't even realize it until you're suddenly wondering what happened to that strong, independent type. Well, she's there, suffocating but still alive. If you can wonder where she went, you haven't lost her for good. In fact, you gotta almost lose it before you realize what you had sometimes. You allowed this for some reason, probably just tired of being strong all the time. In a good relationship, though, you wouldn't have to be strong all the time, but you wouldn't risk your strength, you'd be fortified to use it where and when you need it. Yes, start being selfish. I would forget about the "loving him with all your heart" part. Really, don't be a martyr. If you don't feel good, there's a reason and it's not you!

jelly -- hi there! Congratulations on your 40+ riboon. I take it this is something that shows you've lost 40 pounds, right? Well, great for you! :cp: :cb: You'll have that 45er by the end of July for sure. Keep up the great work. Hope you'll come back and join us for a challenge when things settle with your move. You could always change the challenge to something doable, no matter what, though. Maybe you could think of something. The more people here the more it helps to keep the thread alive and kicking!

jellybeanz 06-23-2005 06:58 AM

hey, i read your post redballoon..and though I am an intelligent woman, i didnt even THINK to simply CHANGE my challenge!! :dizzy: :o Ok, Im back in. my new challenge is to avoid eating anthing with sugar in it (except my 2 packs of sweetner i have in my tea at work) !!! Which is going to be rough because in about a week aunt flow is going to visit!!! That's my new challenge.
Day 1 here i come!!! :D :lol:

redballoon 06-23-2005 07:08 AM

jelly is IN!!

Hey all, wrapping up Day 13. Man, did I ever exercise my butt off today!!!....it's still there though...I just looked. :eek: Patience, patience. This is my new motto! :yes:

jelly -- Hurrah!! You're back in. I was laughing at your post! "... and though I'm an intelligent woman...." :lol: Love it! Yeah, well, that sounds like one tough challenge. You say you can't and then you DO in a big way! :cp: Good luck! I know the old Aunt Flo can really wreak havoc with sugar cravings, but yeah, if you stay away totally, you will be OK! :yes: Indulge in supersweet pineapple, watermelon, grapes... etc. when you have a craving. I was totally off sugar for a year and it can be done. Good luck!! :cb:

jkg0679 06-23-2005 08:58 AM

Wow, what a great challenge! Is it too late to sign up? I think I am going to shoot for no sugar (except the sugar for my morning coffee). This will be a tough challenge for 2 reasons...1) AF is due in 1 week...2) my fiance's b-day is July 1st and there WILL be cake!.

I think I can do this challenge, but I worry about the birthday cake! Oh well, with enough willpower, I can overcome it! Also, if I do flub up, I just start over, right? Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing in itself! lol

dakotamidnight 06-23-2005 09:03 AM

finally made it to day 2 today - same challenge. Managed to not overeat last night since I had to fast from 10 pm on for blood work this morning.

redballoon 06-23-2005 05:15 PM

Day 14 coming my way!

Good morning, all. Kept resetting the alarm this morning. I am beat from all the exercise. But I am determined to get back in shape and get this ugly fat off. So, I'm rushing to get out and go to the gym before work again this morning. So, it's Day 14, and there is NO chance of going out drinking tonight because my favorite drinking buddy is away. Good!

jkg -- Welcome :wave: Of course it's not too late to start the challenge. It never ends. You jump on like jumping on an ever-moving carousel and if you roll off at some point you just jump back on. There is always someone on her challenge. Well, no sugar is a toughie BUT I have good news for you. I recently revised the rules to allow for one free day per challenge so your boyfriend's birthday is NOT a problem. :cb: Indulge if you want! :spin: The reward for getting through to another round of a challenge is another free day. So, if you complete one challenge, you'll get two freebies the next one and so on. They accumulate. If you don't take one, they carry over. :yes: So, good luck! And post often!! I want to hear from you!! :dancer:

dakota -- Good going! Onward march to the next day. Tell, me, what is your challenge again. Was it the exercise and/or staying on plan? I think so, right! Well, good for you for keeping on keeping on! :strong:

Others! Come in and post and keep this challenge going strong as well! Let's hear from you, your ups and downs and all your victories! :flow1:

jellybeanz 06-23-2005 07:16 PM

ok...i was not meant to start this challenge today :mad: . I go to work and they came around with frozen yogurt cones (same as the chocolate icecream cones), now i work in the office of a major supplier for food to restaurants, and they like to get our imput every now and then...so what was i supposed to do???!!! i read the label, second ingredient...anyone??!! SUGAR!!! WTF!!!! :?: this was only 10:30 am, 3.5 hours after i was determined to do this. So, i sighed and ate the frickin thing (sooo good :ink: ) and decided since i blew it today, i may as well eat those chicken fingers and plum sauce i've been craving for the last 2 weeks and get it all over with now. So tomorrow is my day 1 (for real this time). I've informed my husband of my challenge, so he knows better than to say lets go for an icecream, or bring chocolate in the house. And i've told them at work to pass me by for the samples next time. And i'm off to buy fruit to deal with the sugar cravings. this really is a great forum, Redballon, you just have so much encouragement, and i felt bad for having to post that i didnt start today, but im TELLIN YOU...tomorrow..DAY 1. (unless this can be my free day haha :lol: )

curlylocks 06-23-2005 08:24 PM

day 12 i think... i am having more trouble keepin track of what day i am on than doing the walking every day!!:crazy: but i am walking every day..

Yep i went back and checked my posts>>> day 12 :dizzy: