Old 05-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #46  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi guys, I sense a turn for the better amongst most of your posts.

Tanzie, the motivation may wear off to you as well soon so hang in there. Raven, jolly, good to hear you're getting out and moving and making better choices. Raven, your posts sound so much more upbeat than before so I hope things are going a little more smoothly for you. Jolly, you've had losses the past two weeks!? That's great! Keep it up.

I know about the weight tracker thing. I had registered 72.8 kgs once and then not after so I've been waiting for a number below that to change it. I don't want to change it up. Weight fluctuates so much. There seems to be this 2-3 kg (5 lbs about) range in there where it just tends to hover. I want that hovering range to go much lower.

I am also realizing that I just have to eat much, much less food period, always. That's all there is to it. I don't have the height to be eating much at all. Well, I have definitely lost weight and my clothes are fitting better. It feels good! And I look sharper again, if not younger, but yes, maybe that too.

Ok, hoping to get under 70 kg relatively soon. Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by redballoon; 05-10-2005 at 06:52 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 AM   #47  

Good morning all. And I do feel it is a good morning. Getting to the gym has definitely helped my mood. The two weeks of losses help my motivation. It is a lot easier to say no to junk food when I think of the scale going down. It is amazing how success breeds success. now, I just have to manage my time better so I can do the weights. I know, I know, I keep talking about it. I guess I figure if I talk about it, eventually I will do something about it.

Red, glad your clothes are fitting better, and you sound like you also are feeling better.

Have a wonderful day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:14 AM   #48  

Lots of posts to catch up on!
Wow, so sorry to read about that shooting, yikes! You gotta wonder what has happened to our world at times.
Thanks for the kind words about my quilts. I worked hard and am feeling awfully relieved that the show is over with now. I now have got to pick up where I left off with a project to make quilts for families of soldiers who died in Iraq. Busy, and it just never ends, sadly.
Yesterday, I felt FAT. My long standing disregard for my weight loss program and slight re-gain of weight caught up to me. I spent much of the day in jeans that were feeling too tight and being angry at myself.
This morning, it is truly a "back to basics" day as our thread is titled.
I'm been blowing it week after week and have not kept up my work that was going so well. I can't make excuses, I only know that I have reached a point of "no return" in feeling those jeans against my thighs and stomach. What a jerk I've been.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #49  
Scootin' On Down The Road

Hey girlies,

Just getting a few words in before having to go meet the bus at the end of the driveway. We've been 'blacklisted' again! *grrr* Personally, I think she just doens't like having to drive all the day up here for just two kids.

So sorry to hear about your co-worker, happy. Horribly sad for his wife and children...

Well, I didn't walk today. The dad-gum deer flies are horrible, and my usual trek through the woods is now a gauntlet of biting, grumbling and constant swatting. I look like I'm trying to fly, as much as my arms have been flapping the last few mornings!

Glad to see that everyone seems to be on the up swing!

Oh, happy-- thanks for the info on Michael Thurmond. I had looked a while back on the board but didn't really find any posts on it.

Anyway, it's time for the bus, so I'll yell back at you later!

Tanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:45 PM   #50  
Student of the Hoof

http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/i...omments/28404/

This was just too good.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #51  

Wow. That is powerful, Raven.

OK. Two things for this morning. First, a Hooray. I worked until 10 last night at my part time job. I had to be to work by 6:30 this morning to pass meds at my day job. I had set the alarm early enough to jog, but woke up still not feeling safe to try it. So, instead of sitting on the couch, I packed my gym bag and squeezed in a quick workout. Hooray.

The bad news is that I am feeling hungry ALL the time. I am sure it is psychological, but I mind and it matters. I just can't stop eating. The scale is going down, so I guess I am not eating as much as it feels like, but I hate feeling like this.

Sigh. It's always something.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:42 AM   #52  
Never give up

Well, I hear your jolly, on the hungry all the time thing. I'm starting to eat again and it's not good. From tomorrow, it's back on the straight and narrow. Seems to be the only way for me to knock some fat off.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #53  
Student of the Hoof

Hey chicks-

Not doing so great on exercise here, but I'm doing great on food and water. I'm down one more pound... hope that will be two more by Saturday morning.

Exercise will pick up again.

I get the hungries once in a while too... I don't like it. It's very annoying. *lol* It's one thing to eat because I want to, but to eat because I have to!?? Aw, that's just not cool.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #54  

Well, one good thing anyway. I was really scoping out the candy when I did my grocery shopping tonight. I was able to ask myself if I REALLY wanted what I was looking at. The answer was no, so I didn't. I'll take any victory I can get.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #55  
Never give up

You know, jolly, just looking at your last post makes me think about these questions we ask ourselves. Faced with some yummy thing or the prospect of exercise, I think the real question we should be asking ourselves is not whether we want that thing right in front of us, or whether we want to go out the door and sweat and exhaust ourselves.. I mean, sure, the probable answer, is YES! and NO, not really, repectively. The question we should be asking ourselves is whether we want to get thin and/or reach our goals of fitness. This is the actual choice, not a mere staying away from unhealthy, indulgent foods or exercising or not. It is SOO hard to keep the big picture in front of us. But, I, for one, am going to try.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #56  
Student of the Hoof

I just wanna have fun.

Yes, I realize that, on the surface, sounds quite junvenile and shallow.

But really, what I want to try to learn to live is joy. Not momentary instant gratification of M&Ms, but the feeling of joy when I run well, or the ability to do hooves without feeling like I'm going to keel over. I love the way my muscles feel when I'm doing pilates, the sense of control that carries over into any movement I make throughout my day. The feeling of power when I lift.

I wanna have fun.

I don't want to hide behind a few seconds of medicating myself with food.

Which is not to say that I don't enjoy food too. There is a balance, though. I don't want to be addicted to food.

Has anyone heard anything from Chach?? I sent her an e-mail and haven't gotten a reply. I'm worried about her.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:48 AM   #57  
Student of the Hoof

Yar.

Week 3 Day 1 of Couch-to-5K done. A little behind schedule, but back on plan.

I like the sweat.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #58  
Never give up

Good for you Raven!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #59  

Hello everyone.
Raven, that was powerful stuff. I didn't think that kind of thing was allowed on 3FC, but you go girl!
I'm worried about Chach as well now that you mention it. I hope she's ok.
When I am away from the threads I am on, I am NOT always being a "good girl" in terms of my diet and exercise. It's almost like I am afraid to come here at those times. Hope she is not totally off the wagon, at least.
Raven, I just want to have fun too. Why is it that I associate having fun with eating? I don't have any answers to that.
Today is a rough day, my dad is still not well and things seem to be getting worse. I must prepare.... he's got bone cancer and is 82 years old, what do I expect? Daddy's little girl is sitting here wondering what life could ever be like without my dad. Cancer sucks. Just sharing that this lovely sunny spring day where it feels surrealistic. I sit here waiting for the man to come and clean my furnace and then preparing to go out, run errands, pay bills and grocery shop. Life goes on, yet the surrealism part hasn't changed.
Hope I can shake this mood.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #60  

Hi all. I have to admit an "oops." Chachee is well. She just has not been able to get onto the thread for some reason. I was supposed to say hi to all of you from her. Sorry I forgot.

Derry, I think a bit of us always stays daddy's little girl. I realized that I am still trying to please him, and expecting him to be superman. My thoughts are with you as you are going through this.

Have a good day all!