Old 05-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #106  
Curvy Vixen

mmmmmmmmm kim that sounds great!!!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #107  
Curvy Vixen

jessica dont worry... one day the right job will come along... be postive...
Old 05-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #108  
Curvy Vixen

What do you all think about that runaway bride, Jennifer Wilbanks? My take?
If this was the man she wanted to marry and spend her life with, then she could be honest with him no? Why couldn't she be honest?????
Old 05-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #109  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Deanne, I have a 2 piece bathing suit, not a teeny bikini, but a nice bathing suit hangin in my closet that I would LOVE To get in. I bought it and never wore it a couple years ago. I probably would NOT wear it out, but I would wear it in my back yard when I go swimming. I had it hanging where I could see it, then I put it up. Guess I need to get it back out and hang it on the closet door, huh?
Karen, good for you with the new job!! You tell yourself you deserve it!! I also think that maybe OA might be a good thing. Couseling also. Usually if you feel like you might need counseling, you do. It wont hurt anything! We are cheering you on!
Gotta go for now.
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #110  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Oh Lynn, About the runaway bride........I think they are both nuts! Her for not being honest and not just telling him that she had cold feet, and him for even considering taking her back! What is wrong with that picture???
Old 05-04-2005, 01:51 AM   #111  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi all--I am headed to bed. But wanted to stop in really quick. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I appreciate it! I will have to look into an OA in my area.

As for that runaway bride--I think something must be wrong with her. I mean--I can't fathom the thought of putting my family and friends through all that. What was she thinking? That is just crazy! It is one thing to get cold feet--but quite another to have the country looking for you. Her poor family. Now that is a girl who needs therapy. And if I was the guy and still wanted to marry her--I would think of eloping next time, if at all. Obviously a big wedding is too much for this girl. Anyway, that is pretty crazy!

Well I am headed to bed. G'nite all!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:42 AM   #112  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls! Im sad I missed such a great conversation.

Im not sure what kind of outfit that I would get for my motivation. I guess a bikini. I saw this victorias secret looking bathing suit the other day. You know where the top part connects to the bottom with a little piece of fabric. Rather than it connecting between the breasts. Its sexy!! I dont think I could wear it even if i was teeny.

I am hoping to be at goal by my husbands birthday in August. So, I think my present to him will be a hotel room, some sexy lingerie(thats teeny and fits), and some champagne to celebrate his birthday and my weight loss. We'll see I think the lingerie will be my motivation.

Ok, did fine on points yesterday. I was half a point under though. Oh well. I really dont think that I have lost any this week. I guess we'll see on Friday.

The runaway bride needs therapy. Theres no excuse for putting your loved ones through that. The fiance needs therapy too for wanting to take her back!! Hehe...Lord, I didnt even have time to back out of my wedding...at the courthouse

Ok, I had an apple for breakfast this morning...im just not hungry. Ill eat a filling lunch.

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:44 AM   #113  
Movin' right along...

By the way...goddessKIM...I bought you a belly dancing thing that you tie around your waist. You can also use it as a bathing suit cover. Its got the little jewels on it that when you dance they make noise. Its cute.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 AM   #114  
I can and I will do it!

Smile

Karen I am soooooooo happy for you, congratulations girlfriend. I have to tell you what you wrote about yourself and your weight sized me up exactly. I seem to be on an emotional rollercoaster when it comes to my weight, just can't get committed to it 100%. I am the oldest one here you would think I would try to set an example.

Deanne the rate you are going you will be at goal by Nic's birthday. You are doing so good it is unbelievable especially being in a foreign country with the stress. I am very proud of you.

As far as the Willbanks episode I think they are both nuts....enough said.

Jessica as you said when he is gone work on yourself, I find it so much easier to do when Gary isn't here and I don't have to cook for him. When the time is right your dream job will come too.

Sending to each of my little vixen friends. Have a great day and let's all stay on track today so when tonight comes we will be proud of ourselves.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #115  
Curvy Vixen

Hey vixens...
I slept like a rock last night, could be from all the walking!! I'm still afraid to step on the scale but I will on fri. (((((cringe)))) I've had some great days, but also some binges.
One of the steps in OA is for our higher power to remove our short comings. One that comes to mind is that I expect too much from others. I feel slighted if people don't show concern at points in my wacky life. For instance, I was very sick in Feb ( long story for another time) I was going for alot of testing and was miserable. My daughter turned 19 in feb and usually there is always some kind of party bash. Well, I was so out of it that I couldn't even think of it. My sister in law just assumed she was coming here for the party, never thinking what I could possibly be going through ( major cancer scare). I had done her kids parties at my house and would have loved to have gone to hers. She never offered and never even considered getting a cake and making my life just a tad easier. I was slighted, and hurt for months. I have to realise that even thou she didn't go above and beyond what I would have done for her, she still cares for me. I find this to be a short coming. I have to expect things and people for who and what they are.......

Breakfast
non fat yogart with strawberries
orange
Old 05-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #116  
Movin' right along...

Diane...I hope Ill be at goal! You never can tell though. There are so many things that can cause stress. Im ok with that fact that I may not be at goal by then. I am starting to learn what it means to be happy despite what my body looks like.

Lynn...Im so on board with you. I ALWAYS look at what people do and think of what I wouldve done. Its in my nature to think of all the things that I can do for other people. When other people dont do those things for me, I dont understand it. I really need to accept the fact that not everyone thinks the same way. What someone else does to help may be totally different than what I would do.

So, I stuck with just an apple for breakfast. Nic and I had an early lunch though...blt's again with steak fries and of course, water. It was good. Im amazed at the amount of food that fills me up now. Before dieting, I thought I had to eat these HUGE portions to fill me up. Now, Im full with a small amount. And not overly full...comfortably full. Its so great!

Im going to do what Lynn does...it seems to help...

BREAKFAST
apple- 1 point

LUNCH
blt w/ 4 pieces of turky bacon, reduced fat mayo, lettuce, tomato, pita bread- 5.5 points
steak fries w/ salt subsitute and ketchup- 2 points

13.5 points left for the day

Ok, now heres another question for EVERYONE

WHAT ARE SOME THINGS(ANYTHING) THAT YOU HAVE NOTICED SINCE DIETING???

Love,
D
Old 05-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #117  

This is something skinny Kim sent me.. I thought I'd share with everyone on the board..
The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 cups of coffee...
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar..and the 2 cups of coffee..

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, " I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things-your God, family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions -- things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car.
The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.

Play another 18.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal."

Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter.

Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.
The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #118  

Whew.. that was long lol... didnt think i'd take up that much room with one little post..
Thanks Deanne, but you didnt have to send me anything..(although I'll love wearing it around lol) I have a belly dancing dvd to work out with, but i just couldnt deal with the excess jiggle when i did it lol.. at least now when i start using it again i can dress the part. Thank you really.. its very sweet of you.
I did well yesterday on eating. I didn't manage to get much water in though which is a first for me. I just wasnt thirsty. I'll have to work on making myself drink today.. it makes my body think i'm fuller for longer. I think i broke my sensations... i can hardly tell when i'm thirsty compared to when i'm hungry.. it all feels the same anymore. So now i drink water and if it comes right back i know i'm actually hungry.
What in the work do we do to our bodies.. geez....
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #119  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Vixens!

GoddessKim--thanks for sharing the mayo story. That was nice. Gotta keep those golf balls in perspective!

Lynn--It sounds like OA is helping you get to some deeper thinking about different issues. I do believe that this is the kind of thing I need to do. I know that my eating is a symptom of issues and how I deal with things that cause me stress. Do you feel like it is helping you? How long have you been going to OA? One of my girlfriends (the one who recommended counseling) told me about someone she new who went to OA and had lost a lot of weight.

Deanne--It does feel good to get to a place where you learn what it means to be comfortably full. Good for you. You are doing great!

Dianne--Thanks for the congrats! Let's stick together and stay on track today...you are so right about feeling proud when you go through a day and stay on track. I have to admit that I feel pretty darn good when I make it to my pillow at night and know I made the right choices. That feels better then any cookie tastes to me. And isn't this about small steps. Let's make today a step in the right direction! Hoorah!

Jessica--How is everything today? Hang in there with your job situation. I know the times I doubted my situation with work I was reassured by a friend who said that even though one job may not come through--that there must be a reason that another job was meant for me. That is what has happened to me this time. I can't tell you how many interviews I have been on--and how many times I was hoping it would work out (often just to get away from my current job). And finally I get a job offer from the right job that has all the right things I am looking for. So maybe this was meant to be. Like Oprah says "there are no accidents in life"--often things happen for us to find the divine path that leads our way through our decisions. Certainly if you keep trying you will find what you are looking for. So don't give up! There are too many jobs out there where you are needed, I think!

Quote for the day: To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #120  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Deanne, you said Nic's Birthday is in August......What day? Mine is August 23, my dads is Aug 13, and my best friends is August 24. Lots of August babies.

Some of the things I have noticed since I started dieting....hmmmm....... Well, for one, I totally enjoy my food more. It all seems to taste better for some reason. I think I am even eating slower! I feel so much better about myself. I feel very 'unsexy' with my weight, but it seems like with me just trying, my whole attitude has changed. I still don't think I am sexy by any means, but I guess it is just feeling better about myself. Make sense?

I have had coffee, and now drinking crystal light tea (thanks Kim for picking that up for me!). I am just not hungry right now, so I may eat an early lunch.

Have a skinny day ladies!