Old 05-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #61  
Curvy Vixen

Good morning vixens,
I am going to walk this am. It is raining here in upstate NY. I will be walking on my treadmill. My close friend MaryLynn is greek orthodox. They celebrate their easter today and I have been invited to the celebration. I am bring a mixed salad, so I will have something to eat. Most of the foods their are fattening. I will select a fave and have that.
I didn't sleep well at all last night. I think Jim not being home didn't help. I woke up every hour. I feel sluggish this am..
have a good day
Lynn
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #62  
Curvy Vixen

Receipe of the day~~Mexican Potato
I large baked potato or Yam
1 1/4 cup of red beans
1/2 cup of salsa
2 tbl of light sour cream
1/4 cup of shredded light cheddar cheese
Pts 6
Old 05-01-2005, 02:02 PM   #63  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Vixens Friends!

Hey y'all...

I am at home playing with my new scanner/printer. It's pretty cool. I just scanned in a recent photo(attached)--but I cropped a lot of the image since this forum is really picky about size. I wanted to try this out and see what it would look like. How the heck do you get some of the picture to be the right size? I had to keep cropping--and lose a lot of the original image. So I wondered what some of you do when you attach pictures. Any info on that would be appreciated!

Thanks for the recipe Lynn! Sounds like a winner! I love potatoes!

Well I have to run to the store...hope you are all having a good weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gallo2Feb2005.jpg (25.1 KB, 46 views)
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #64  
Curvy Vixen

karen your husband looks like my husband!! they could be twins.. I'm gonna have to go find a pic now..!!
Old 05-02-2005, 04:40 AM   #65  
Movin' right along...

Hey chickas! Wow, sorry I havent posted as much lately. Everytime I go to get on the internet, our housemate is on the damn internet. Its really starting to irritate me.

Anyway, it sounds like everyones doing well. Ive been doing ok. My eating isnt what it should be but its not terrible. We went to that American cafe that they have here for breakfast. I ordered a lunch instead because all the breakfast stuff is VERY fattening. So, I ordered a kids meal. Corndog and homemade french fries. I ate the whole corn dog and then half of the fries. I just kept the portion small since it was so fattening. We went out last night, I had 4 Coronas. There was chips and salsa everywhere...i wanted some so bad. So, I ate ONE chip. That was enough for me. We had a good time though.

Lynn...that recipe sounds great!! Im going to get some sour cream today. I love potatoes. Thats my favorite food. How are you feeling?

Karen...i love that picture! I want Nic and I to get some nice pictures made. How have you been?

Not sure where everyone else is...but HEY! Ok, ill post later.

Love yall,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #66  
I can and I will do it!

Red face

If you all noticed a post from me yesterday that only said yawn you probably think I am nuts and guess what I am!! I was playing around on here with some graphics and forgot I had posted that.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was a busy one for me, didn't seem like I was home hardly any. My body is not used to all of the running around I did so I am wore out today. Wah, wah wah....

Great picture Karen.

I have done pretty good with my eating. I attended a birthday party and wedding shower this weekend and had no cake.

Not much going on today from this neck of the woods, think I will get alot of housecleaning done since I didn't touch it over the weekend.

I will be back later....
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:46 AM   #67  
Curvy Vixen

Hi Deanne
Sounds like you did ok at the cafe, remember we have to live and we have to incorporate regular eating in our lives.
I feel better, Just have the lingering cough. It is still chilly here in NY only 50 degrees.
I have a doctor appt this afternoon for a blood pressure check. My BP has been high and the doctor put me on lisinopril. I'm hoping once the weight is off my BP will go down also. I never had high blood pressure till this year.
Jim called from south carolina, he is sunburned. Why men don't listen I dunno. He is fair to begin with but tans after being in the sun for awhile. Does he wear a hat??? nooooo yikes... men! So far he hasn't caught any fish.
Have a great day
LYNN~
Old 05-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #68  
Curvy Vixen

Jim and Heather
recent pic of me.... urggghhhhhhh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim and heather small.jpg (46.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IM000762.JPG (43.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #69  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow! I missed alot! I AM HOME!!! I had a great visit with my friend in Atlanta and my best friend and I had a blast even on the road. Lots of talk time. We are both moms, so most of our talk is usually about the kids. We talked about them too, but there was lots of girl talk too. We listened to 80's music (we graduated in 85), and just acted plain goofy! I can't say I did great on my diet though. Our friend took us to very nice restaraunts in Atlanta and paid for EVERYTHING! I could have done worse though. There were peanut butter cups and m&m's everywhere and I did not touch those. I won't talk about the deserts I had at dinner though. It would make you all cheat!!!!! And get fat just hearing about it! Anyway, I may skip weigh in today since I did so bad. I don't want to get depressed!!!!!

My TOM is not here! I am about 2 weeks late!!!! My periods are so screwed up! I bet I would lose a bunch if I would just start!!!!!!

Ok, I got a story......While I was in Atlanta, My hubby calls. Says he feels bad for Kim and Dan (goddessKim) cause their babysitter backed out. He says "I am thinking about telling them I will keep the kids!" I laughed. Anyway, he keeps 3 of the 4 girls........THEN he calls me back and says "Ok, just tell me I am stupid, I just invited Cory to spend the night too so his parents can go out". This is my sons friend. Anyway, my sweet hubby kept 4 kids PLUS our 2 Sat. night and I wasn't here! He said it really wasn't too bad. He got up and made pancakes for them. I thought that was a very brave thing to do! Don't you? Anyway, I just had to share that.

Oh, Kim and I both have a hubby named Dan! How funny is that? And we live next door!

It is good to be home and back on here. I missed reading this thing every day.

Check back later!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #70  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh my! Karyn and Lynn......are you both married to the same man?? They look just alike!!!!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #71  
Movin' right along...

Kim & Kim are married to men with the same names

Lynn & Karen are married to men that look exactly alike

Nic and I feel left out

Kim- Im glad you had so much fun! Good for you. Dont worry about not staying on the plan. Consider it a freebie. You had fun. Now, just start tomorrow the right way! You husband sounds like a great man. Wow...all those kids. I'd love to see Nic try.

Lynn- Men are not programmed to listen. Women are programmed to talk. It just doesnt go together, does it? I think that your BP will probably go down once you lose the weight. At least, thats what my Mom tells me about her BP. Hows everything else with you?

Diane- Good job on not eating the cake! Lucky for me, I dont really like cake. If I know I cant have it, it becomes more appealing to me though. Dontcha just love that?

Ok chicks...I didnt eat breakfast today. I know, I know thats bad. I was hungry. I think because I drank last night. I did eat an apple so that I didnt have an empty stomach with my meds. Then, I had an 8 point lunch since I skipped breakfast.

I just realized that Im at my 10% goal. The weight tracker says that Im at 158, Im actually at 157. something. Anyway, that 125 cant come fast enough. My husband is being really supportive of me though. He told me that he was proud of me

Ok, Ill be back later...

love,
D
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #72  

Hello Ladies

My boyfreind did the same thing to me, when i told him this last time how much i have lost, he said he was sooooo proud of me and gave me the biggest hug, made me feel so good. Thats what makes me want to keep going, well it helps. Also, this nice weather too, makes me just want to look great, so i can wear the cutest things.

Well, my sisters graduation was good, and her party was good too, i got to hang out with my parents, which was fun, and Mojo is doing really good. He got fixed on friday, but i picked him up saturday morning, and he was so excited to see me, then all day sat. and sun. he had to be in my arms, so it was like i had to rock my baby to sleep everytime he was tired, so cute. ok well back at work today. I may be going out of town this weekend to visit my boyfreinds family in Corpus christi, (the beach), but i am not sure yet, cause joe may have to go back to work, i hope not. Well looking forward to hearing from you all, have a good day everybody.

Jessica
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #73  
I can and I will do it!

Talking

Kim your hubby was a brave man, but that was really nice of him. It is always so much fun just to spend time with the girls. I have a vacation planned for Oct. with four of my friends. We are going to Maine and Vermont to see the Fall foilage, my dream vacation. Hubby isn't much on sightseeing, his idea of a vacation is going fishing.

Deanne why to go sweetie you are on your way.

Jessica so glad Mojo is doing good he needed a little tlc.

Wonderful pics Lynn.

My weight is just sitting here not moving except up 1.5 lbs. then back down over and over..........getting discouraged.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #74  

Ok WOW, I'm exhausted just trying to read all of the posts!!
DH and I went to the music fest this past weekend. We saw, The Spin Doctors, Collective Soul, Crossroad, THE KILLERS!!! and a bit of KC and the sunshine band and Jerry Lee Lewis. I had to have walked at least 10 miles in the deep mud during the night though. We also went to see Amityville Horror 2 at 1am after the concerts. We had a blast got home sometime after 3am. As you know skinny Kim's hubby watched our 3 younger girls while we were gone. We had bought the tickets weeks ago and our sitter canceled at the last minutes... i wanted to shoot her. Well next time she calls and asks me to sit for her she's gonna get a rude awakening. Cancel on me cuz she wants to go out drinking with her boy friend (she's 36 for gods sake)
Oh and i lost 2lbs...
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #75  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is in good spirits today. I just got home from picking my daughter up at school. She wasn’t feeling well—and I am not sure if she has a regular upset stomach or a bad case of cramps with a period. Poor thing just started her female cycle a few months back—and she has been going through the motions of moodiness and all the other fun stuff that comes with female hormones. I gave her some advil and told her to just relax on the couch. This house is overflowing in estrogen!

Deanne—Glad to hear you are doing alright and staying in control of your eating. I think ordering kids sizes is often a good way to not over do our servings. Besides—adult servings are often not practical or realistic in restaurants. That was very smart on your part to order a kid serving. I have been doing better just to not over eat. I have been trying to stick with portion control and drinking lots of water. It must be really frustrating for you to share your computer/internet with someone else! Although I can kind of relate—I share my PC with my kids and husband. So more times then not—someone is on the computer. But I use the excuse “I need to do my homework”. So everyone moves out of my way! And usually that is the truth! Besides, I am not on it as much as anyone else…so I figure I have the right to kick them off when I need to!

Dianne—Great job staying away from the cake and staying in control! Not always an easy thing to do, but you sound like you are doing good with that! I guess we all need to follow your lead and abstain from cake or some other temptation. The only cake I have trouble with is chocolate—any other flavor doesn’t tempt me much. But that darn chocolate calls my name every time!

Kim—Sounds like your husband was Mr. Mom this weekend! I think every man should do that more often! Bravo to him! And for thinking of it on his own, even better. He gets major points for that! And pancakes too—what a sweety!

Jessica—Glad the party went good and you got some time with your family. Those are memories in the making! It’s nice to hear your boyfriend acknowledges the weight you have lost and makes you feel good about it. We all like to hear that someone notices—makes us feel like all the effort is worth it.

Lynn—Oh my God, are we married to the same man or what? That is too funny. Baldy with a goatie. I love it! My husband started shaving his head about a year and half ago. His hairline was receding so bad—he just went for it. And it suits him well. Sounds like our hubbys have something else in common—fishing. Too funny!

Well gals—I am going to get going for now. I think I am going to eat a tuna sandwich for lunch and guzzle some H20. Have a happy and healthy day all!

I attached a couple more photos--one of WHEN my hubby had hair on our wedding day! Also a recent photo of my dog Max being very cooperative with my daughter who made him wear some shades! I thought it was cute!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Max.JPG (35.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Dec1992.jpg (31.0 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by krngallo; 05-02-2005 at 12:04 PM.
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote