Old 04-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #31  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Thumbs up

Thankyou curly locks

I opened new page right clicked....then i tried to upload it to my photobucket and I got this message :One or more pictures has an invalid format (jpg|gif|png|bmp|swf) how do I check the format or change it????

I do love the work you did....did you teach yourself?

I started a scrapbook on my weightloss and I have not been able to find stckers for it, beside creating my own quotes.....does anyone know of any???
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:19 PM   #32  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

the ones with the chicks are jpg and the one with the flames is a gif file or if u can pm me ur email i will just email them to u

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-30-2005 at 10:21 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #33  
Staying in 1derland!

"This is copied from amotivational email that i got today"
A New Beginning

Today is another new opportunity to appreciate your body, mind, spirit and LIFE. If you did not accomplish what you wanted yesterday, in terms of losing weight and developing healthier habits – start over.

Here are a few new thoughts to jump-start today’s sweet recovery:

Eat less of everything.

Don’t have any seconds.

Leave food on the plate: save it for later, or throw it out.

Don’t just "limit fat and sweets" -- don’t have any!

Absolutely, positively go out and move! Play today! Use your body in a vigorous, fun way.

If you just cannot try all of these ideas, pick one, and try your very best to just do that.

Don’t worry, every day is often a challenge for all of us. Nobody has things totally easy. We’re all struggling, doing our best to be our best. Just take things easily, and for today only. Don’t worry about yesterday, or fret tomorrow.
Just take it slow, and start all over again today. Whatever you do, don’t give up!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #34  

Thumbs up Thank you all for the welcome!!

Hi All,
Just wanted to say thank you for the welcome. I am going to get out and do some yard work today. It is going to be nice and not to hot, and it is alot to do. So I wont keep you.
Curly the web site looks great.
Every one keep up the good work on sticking to your plans and try to get back here soon. Have a GREAT DAY!!!
nailtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #35  

Well another week down…..

Looking back at me weight loss, it has been about 20 lbs in 3 months, so I think it is reasonable to say 5 lbs a month as a goal….so I am going to set a mini goal for each month for 5 lbs!....Oh where, oh where are the days of 5 lbs a week????? LOL, okay just a little grief for the younger days……

Well did fine all week, but got out of the habit of going to the YMCA, and started walking outside, which is a good workout on the route I choose, but it has been very cold and windy here so only got in a couple of nights and none this weekend…..oh well, I am an adult and make choices and I must live with them, no sense beating myself up, just get back on the saddle!

No binging this week, thought of it a few times, but didn’t do it, so that is success!

So new goal…..5 pounds by the end of May! If I can do 5 lbs month……I could be done to my goal in a year…..seems like it is doable!

Lilybutt

Last edited by lilybutt; 05-01-2005 at 09:05 PM.
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #36  

Hi everyone. I met a good friend in a restaurant filled with burgers and fries (which he had) and managed to have chicken fajitas (mostly veggies) with no tortillas. It tasted great and I swear I didn't have food envy. It was done with good seasons and they gave me salsa on the side. I like spicy, so the fact it had some jalapenos in there, I ate it slower.

Y' have to admit that conquering something like a burger joint makes you feel pretty powerful!!

I also did a new weight lifting dvd, get ripped with jari love, and have marked the calendar of the 3 days a week I plan to do it. I am moving into week 6 of the selfchallenge, (never did this much exercise consistently in my life) so I'm pretty proud of myself!!
Le Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #37  
A Turtle loser

Cool

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Courier New]Lechez WTG!!!!! more power to you it is hard glad to hear your being succesful

liybut how i too lament those days when loosing weight was just a thought and viola done My weightloss has been slow so every lb is a victory for me even if it takes two weeks I vusulize a butter brick gone.....now up tp a 10 lb bag of sugar and 1 lb of butter lol

[B]Nailtec Did you get some yard work done? boy I did right before it rained it was in that hot overcast muggy stage....feel good a lil bit sore I think i'am going to hire a crew to tackle those blackberries that grow everywhere and push the ivy back its time i took back my yard
Old 05-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #38  
A Turtle loser

Marie i hope you had a wonderful home coming I bet it feels great to wear a something that fits good job!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #39  
Staying in 1derland!

eating my lunch.. a wheat wrap with turkey breast lettuce & cheese....yum!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #40  

Why you gotta go and make me hungry?
Le Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #41  
Staying in 1derland!

dont worry after tomorrow morning i prob will just be havin just the lettuce next time.. lmao
Old 05-02-2005, 10:33 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everybody, hope your Monday was okay. Lilli, I sure wish for those days that I could eat more and still lose weight fast. Certainly not anymore. Losing this weight is at a snail's pace.

I had the day off and enjoyed the quiet of my house. Alone. It was pretty cool. I worked on stained glass and did a little bit of cleaning. With the dogs shedding so much, it's are to tell since there's fur all over my hardwood floors.

I stayed on plan but drank too much diet soda. I guess there are way more evil things I could have stuck in my stomach. Tomorrow is weigh in and I hope to see more progress. I have a goal to lose the remaining 6 pounds I gained since November. At the end of May is my 1 year anniversary of the snail's pace diet.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:08 AM   #43  
Staying in 1derland!

Cool

tuesday weigh in: No change.. but im not complaining.. i expected to have gained...

Before i was eating way too little food.. so i made some changes in what i eat . Like before i was having just soup for lunch which i guess is enuff, but i was getting hungry later in the afternoon.

so i am trying to eat normal portions so that the weight wont come back when i try to add more food... does that make any sense? I guess what i mean is it was unrealistic to think i could continue to eat just a can of soup for lunch ..

Last edited by curlylocks; 05-03-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #44  

Default Tuesday the 3rd

I sort of lost track of checking in here, sorry about that.

I desperately have to go grocery shopping, I am so out of food at the house, luckily DD and DH can have some frozen tortellin and bottled sauce tonight. I am having left over chicken. I have taken to grilling a family package of chicken thighs or pork chops on the weekend, then I have something throughout the week to mix up the canned tuna and packaged salmon.

Skipped the boss's cake yesterday, there are lot of us either on South Beach or Atkins, so they could have bought a smaller cake. I made a lowcarb cake for my component director last year, it came out well, sort of thing called a daffiodil cake according to the Atkins.com site.

INVISIBLE GIRL - So sorry to hear that India isn't happening for you, good friends of mine started a school in Assam about 5 years ago, I never did visit while they were there, but they have many good memories. I wonder if with the coming layoffs there is another way for you to travel to wonderful places. Sorry to hear that your Planning Commission is held in such low regard, I actually do planning for the city where I live and we go through very long and thorough planning processes with abutters as well as developers. I hope it isn't as bad as you think. I hope that this week is better than last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
im gonna find me a husband!!!
CL - Where and how exactly are you planning to accomplish this goal?? I found mine at our high school reunion, so you may want to try looking there, though my sister swears she could never have married anyone she went to school with. What are you doing with 40 lb bags of rocks? You are some heavy duty landscaper.

LE CheeZ - Good for you taking advantage of found time and working out, I have heard the KV workouts are intense. You go with the weight training, the SELF challange really does that to you.

NAILTEC - My advice for working out is to figure how honestly what you can or are willing to do. So if you are willing to get up earlier or exercise after work, then work to make that happen. It took me a while to get up early enough in the morning to get to the gym that opens at 5:30 am but I am doing it three soon to be four days a week. That works for me. DH doesn't know his name in the early morning, so he shouldn't operate weights, he goes after work when I am starting to shut down. Good luck in finding what works for you.

MARIE - Glad to hear Kodiak is good as new, what a relief.

I am down to 187 but more importantly have lost 4.5 inches during April. I am definately feeling some success.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #45  
Staying in 1derland!

I have a few online friends that i have known for @ 5 yrs .. I plan to meet them in person and see if there are any sparks! lol

Last edited by curlylocks; 05-03-2005 at 09:38 PM.