Old 04-22-2005, 11:47 PM   #91  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, CL that had to be horrible. I'm glad you're doing good now. Wow and ouch. Michelle, welcome to a great group of ladies. I can't believe WW lumps 40 and 50 together. They are such a different stage of life. This perimenopause is for the birds. Not only is it hard to lose weight, it's damn easy to regain it. Then who knows what your cycle is going to do from one month to the next. I can't wait for menopause, the real thing. Although I'm not ready to be fifty for at least 7 more years (in other words, I'm 43). Kim, I remember way back when my kids were born - back labor and nothing else. Not one normal labor pain. It was a yucky experience that I'm thankful never to be doing again. Although the pain gave me two of the best kids on earth, I wouldn't relive it for anything. I hope Cameron is nice to his mommy.

Today was fantastic. It was sunny and warm for the first time in weeks. Spring was here today, but going to be gone tomorrow. Oh well. I really enjoyed today. I took Kodiak, Blizzard, and Goldilocks and a long hike and we all had a great time. They ran wild on the mountainside. I can't imagine putting my dogs on a leash other than to take them to the vet. Anyway, it was great and lots of exercise. I was on plan with food and water too. Really, Friday is the most fantastic day of the week.

Talk to you all over the weekend.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #92  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
AHH i know all about the sciatic nerve ...i had a lumbar laminectomy 2 yrs ago on 3 discs, fusion with bone paste... took 135 staples for my inscision.. OUCH.. but am doing fine now
I'am glad your doing better......I find when mine acts up if i lay on ice and it can be painful it really really helps me. I like your pic on your id thingy magig...
Michelle
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #93  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i was very lucky i had one ofthe best surgeons in the us, and have had no pain since the surgery.. a lil stiffness but thats it.. o thanks the pic is from my web set that is on my personal web site.. its from marys lil lamb, a graphics designer
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #94  
Kasee

Default Happy Sunday!!!

Hi ladies...
How's everyone's weekend going?
The weather here in the Toronto area is still crappy today, so myself and DH decided to do a Costco run. A little wander around, anyways.
I was not a good girl last night on my diet, had to have 2 glasses of wine. Well, rap my knuckles.......but, at least it was red!!
Everywhere we go I see all the flats of flowers out for sale and can't wait for the sun to make another appearance so I can pretty up the yard.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:11 PM   #95  
Staying in 1derland!

today wasnt a good day for me either.. well i guess i didnt mess up tooo bad but i had a big waffle with syrup..
Old 04-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #96  
A Turtle loser

CL I would love to see your site.....

KAsee I love flowers I would love to do my yard I dont seem to have a green thumb for the out doors but i do great with house plants

tomarrow is my day of reokening at WW I believe i did good all weekend started to walk on Fri. but didnt get in much walking in this weekend will work more on that goal this week providing the rain lets up. have a good evening and will check back monday to let you know how I did
Michelle
Old 04-25-2005, 12:00 AM   #97  
mom5kidz

Good luck to all of us on our WI day. Tomorrow is mine. *crossing fingers* I hope I loose something. Guess tomorrow will tell.
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #98  

Default Monday the 25th

I did it this weekend, just dumped the whole NS and went back to Atkins on Saturday morning. Already I am feeling so much better and don't have any cravings at 10 am. Big improvement. I also went grocery shopping on Sunday to get myself Atkin-ized as well as did the whole meal planning for the week. That will make a huge difference.

MICHELLE - Your plans all sound very sensible, going with what works for you. I am back at the gym, slowing working through sore shoulders, not sure what is up with them, but continuing to use the cardio equipment and doing some lower body workouts. I even walked the soccer field during DD's soccer clinic for about half an hour. I used to do WW with DH and we had a Monday weigh in with a most popular leader, she was great, full of ideas and always very kind with the beginners while not boring the old timers. She had a biggest number of members at goal of any meetings I had ever gone to and they all said she was a huge part of it. The groups were 30 at a minimum but somehow she had it all under control. I wish you well. Which of the programs are you using? I hear that there is a new.

sciatic nerve - oh yes, DD lay on mine for about 3 months, the moment I delivered all the pain was gone. That is another reason to get the weight off. Once I hit 190, the pain returns, like magic.

My weigh in is on Tuesday, I probably did shed some pounds Atkins does that at the beginning, at least for the first two weeks. It will be a good mental boost.

Off to work on that stuff I have been avoiding big time.

Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #99  

I posted this in the old thread by mistake, so I thought I would post it again here to introduce myself to anybody I missed.

Hi, I am 41 and I'd like to join the group. I've trying to lose since January and I've lost 34 lbs, but lately it is coming off slower and slower. It took me so long to get under 200, and now I feel like I've been in the 190's forever. I just can't seem to keep going.

I joined a gym and I am trying to do 3 step aerobic classes a week, Monday I did step plus a 20 min ab toning class - ouch! You still can't even see my abs. I keep telling myself that by the time I manage to work off all this flab I will be all muscles underneath.

LisaBee and Liza, I am from the South Shore too, I grew up in Randolph which was nice when I lived there but is not so nice anymore. I lived in Hingham too for a while, but now I am living in Kansas. I really miss home.

I have a lab mix named Lara, a cat neamed gracie, a cockatiel named peaches who never shuts up, and a little girl named Maya who is 8 going on 18, smart, precocious and the light of my life. I am raising her alone. She is very proud of how hard I am working and she tells me all the time how great I look. She rocks!

Reality hit for me when people start asking if I was Maya's grandmother. Then one night I was out with my best friend, who is age 41 and also overweight, and some inconsiderate loser asked if I was her mother. I cried for a a while about that but I really do look so much older with all this weight. So I am doing it, hoping to get rid of jowly look and double chin, not to mention my stomach.

Here is some comic relief for you all: I was standing in front of the mirror the other day complaining to my daughter about how my boobs are hanging pretty low. She says "That's cause you don't have your tummy to hold them up any more." Out of the Mouth of Babes, right?
Sally
InvisibleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #100  
Staying in 1derland!

hi Sally ! great to have u join in!

yesss i need to get my motivation cranked up... its lagging...

my web sites are:

http://www.curly-locks.com and my pet site is
http://www.geocities.com/my_tabbies
Old 04-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #101  
A Turtle loser

hi ladies I think i finally made it past the 10 lb barrier!!!! I started WW at the end of Jan and have been yo yoing this 1 lb for the last month and 1/2 and Glad to say i'am down another lb......shooting for my first 10% weightloss

Hi Salley Welocome these ladies are great i just joined last week, still getting to know them too, but i think there great ! well loose our double chins together ok I hope you enjoy step aerobics I did I sure loved going to class but I dont have a car and a bus dosnt go that route I loved the gym so I walk ( barely) its hard for me to do it by myself i loved having my friends in class and the friendly social competion.

Sugarcube what is NS? I like my leader at WW she is high energy.....she loves to call on and people so I have to be ready with an answear so i make sure i'am doing the program not just going and sitting there, So how are you liking the gym? are you following any workout programs? I did the BFL with a girlfriend we were looking good then she got pregnant ....lol she was looking real good

Curly locks thanks for the links i've been trying to find an avator that reflects me....sure the ones they have here fun but not really me and why dont they many with black hair?

[COLOR=Red] KClay......drumroll......have you uncrossed your fingers yet???? you'll do fine
Michelle
Old 04-25-2005, 03:58 PM   #102  

Cool

MICHELLE - NS = Nutrisystem. I tried it again online since I think a lot of what I have going on is portion control issues. Anyway, about 16 years ago I lost about 50 pounds on NS at the rate of 2 pounds a week and kept it off with lots of gym time and sensible eating. Then life caught up with me. I think that my body metabolism has just shifted because I do feel better on Atkins and am going to keep track this time of why I go off of Atkins. I am not really much of a cake or candy eater so giving them up isn't really hard. White potatoes, white rice and donuts don't really appeal to me either. I think I got lazy last time. My weaknesses are pizza, subs, ice cream, and fried breaded seafood. I can actually eat around all of these things once I get done with induction and be very happy. Lucky for me there are lots of lowcarb options when we go out, mostly steak and seafood, and the fast food stuff like the 99 and TGIF's all have menues with lots of options. And most everywhere has a chicken ceasar salad, very Atkin-ese.

I also like BFL and can definately feel and see the improvements over just my flopping around the gym. And I need a gym membership or else I just don't exercise at home, though I do some pilates and yoga at home on video. Right now DH has to pump up my tires on my bike and I am investigating getting a third wheel for DD so we can rides while DH goes to the gym in the evening, I go at 5:30 am and if I am really together ride my bike over for my warm up. Got to multitask every moment of the day.

BTW - That work project is still not done.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #103  
mom5kidz

Almost forgot to post my weight loss - I lost 1lb - almost to my, personal, 10%
Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #104  
mom5kidz

Almost forgot to post my weight loss - 1 more pound gone - almost to my, personal, 10%
Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #105  
A Turtle loser

Smile

[B][COLOR=Blue] CL I took a looksie and i loved it ......i never seen the doll collection before.....they were absolutly adorable

your a cat person me too, i was in deep grief i just recently lost my maincoon she was dark and had the classic tabby coloring....I called her Xena she was a warrior at heart......I think she was stolen, I have looked everywhere for her and at the humane society How i cried for her

sugarcube keep up the workout work I miss it it is my goal to be back in shape Thank God for muscle memory.......sounds like you may need to give your shoulders one day of rest than bam pump it up !! My son has a weight set in the garage hmmmm but it is something better than nothing although it dosnt compare to the gym wah

Weigh to go KC I have a daughter called Audrey too she is 21.......