Old 04-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #76  
Kasee

Default Don't mind me...

Just curious.....does that time of the month hit anybody the same way it hits me? I can't seem to fill up, my appetite increases a day or two before. It's so frustrating, knowing that I have eaten enough, why am I still hungry?
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 AM   #77  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

I am 44 and havent had a period since october.. dont miss it one bit!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 AM   #78  
mom5kidz

Hi everyone - I'm new here and would like to join - I'm 44 - unfortunantly, looking at the last post - I DO still have my period and HATE IT! I have been having one since I was 9 and, frankly, I'm extremely tired of it. What can a girl do?
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #79  
Kasee

Hi Kim, always happy to see new faces around here. How's it going?
Welcome.
K
Kasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:00 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasee
Just curious.....does that time of the month hit anybody the same way it hits me? I can't seem to fill up, my appetite increases a day or two before. It's so frustrating, knowing that I have eaten enough, why am I still hungry?
K
From what I've been reading on alot of boards, the answer is yes. Personally, yes, yes, yes!!!
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclay61
Hi everyone - I'm new here and would like to join - I'm 44 - unfortunantly, looking at the last post - I DO still have my period and HATE IT! I have been having one since I was 9 and, frankly, I'm extremely tired of it. What can a girl do?
Welcome, hope you enjoy it here!
Old 04-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #82  

KASEE - While watching TV can you walk in place? At least that will keep you focused and out of the kitchen. TOM can affect me though right now I am all over the place with affects or none. Right now, I crave sort of salty things so I am having a portion of low fat chips or popcorn. While on Atkins, I had no cravings, got rid of the chips altogether so it must be related to the carb situation. I have also found that exercise makes a positive difference.

CL - Has the weather just been wild or what, we had the same thing here in Boston, over 80 degrees yesterday and today while it is sunny it very windy and in the 50's.

BAILEY 7 - The whole planning your food thing is a big success. The better I plan, the better we eat and the less I spend. I try to do it every Saturday or Sunday for the coming week, though I am easily led astray by DH who loves to hit the beach or go out to eat or whatever for fun.

LILYBUTT - sounds like kitty is settling in, hard to fit in when there are so many others. And you do know how to lose those pounds, all good choices in the face of all that food. I wonder at work sometimes if they think we have to be bribed with food to do our jobs. The bosses birthday party is on Monday and she has been in a foul mood lately so the contributions are a little weak. That could be a blessing for me in the long run.

Anybody else check out the Mypyramid.org website, the new site for the nutrition? It is pretty good. It is still new so it is slow with all the traffic on it. It has a good explanation for lots of different things, especially portion control.

MARIE - Long days cut into the exercise. Maybe you and the pup can have a play date after the vet's visit.

KIM - Welcome, from your signature is Cameron here yet, safe and sound?

Off to finish off the day and pick up DD early, we are going to practice the two wheel bike riding. We are trying something new, we took off the pedals as well as the training wheels and lowered the seat a little so her feet are flat on the ground. She is practicing the balancing by pushing with her feet and coasting. Then we hope that she gets a good balance going to put the pedals back on.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #83  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, Kodiak came threw with flying colors. Today was the first day he seemed normal and the blood work came back “awesome” according to the vet. So there might not be any long term damage. I even had to yell at him since he took tomorrow’s lunch off the counter and was chowing down it. Yep, my baby boy is much better.

Liza, I planned on a play date with him on the mountain so he could run wild, but we had to get home to get the vet's all about the blood work. So tomorrows exercise is taking my 3 doggies running (they run, I walk) on Hamaker Mountain. So I will be exercising tomorrow. I rode the exercycle this evening so that would be a run of two days exercising Heavens, perhaps there’s hope for me.

Kacee, without a doubt my monthly cycle which seems to be coming quicker and quicker, effects my eating, moods and willingness to exercise. Then there's the fact that if you step on the scale you'll want to throw it out the window. The joy of being a girl...

Kim, welcome to a great thread. Hope you stay with us.

That’s about it. Talk to you all tomorrow and have a great Friday.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:50 AM   #84  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Hi Group,
So this is where the 40 something group is? , i just turned 40 in Dec. and looking for likeminded peoples to share with, on the WW site they had 40 and 50 lumped together, just getting my bearing to face 40 not even ready to look at 50 yet.
Michelle
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:25 AM   #85  
mom5kidz

Thanks for the warm welcome. No Liza, Cameron isn't here, yet. But we thought he was trying to make it a couple of days ago. False alarm. I told 'mom' that he will probably get here on the 28th. It looks like he has dropped. Her back is really bothering her. So we shall see.
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 AM   #86  
Staying in 1derland!

yeah i still say... i havent figured out how i got to be 40 something so fast!! lol
Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 AM   #87  

Default Friday the 22nd

MARIE - Sounds like Kodiak is well on the way to health, eating off of the counters indeed.

MICHELLE - Are you a WL? weight lifter? and a WW weight watcher, sounds good, welcome to the group, we are not ready for 50 yet either. I lift weights when the allergies haven't knocked me down. I plan to get to the gym on Monday since all weekend long it is supposed to rain. That makes me feel better overall.

KIM - Oh yes, the lower back pain, I expect we shall be seeing Cameron in real life pictures soon. Good luck for a speedy delivery and quick recovery.

I am thinking about ditching my Nutrisystem diet and going back to Atkins. I have a bunch of food left over but could incorporate it into Atkins when I needed to take a dinner to work. It doesn't need to be refridgerated so that is a big plus, just a little high on the carbs, though they are the good ones. I am going to consider the pros and cons this weekend, but I just haven't been making progress these last two months. I am definately not going to make my mini goal, I just let too many things get in the way.

I also find in the summer since we grill out so much, something like every night we are home, that I feel I am missing something when I am eating out of my box. The convenience is really nice though and I don't have to think about portion control or about balancing.

I will take any and all opinions on this subject, thanks in advance.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #88  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Default :)

Hi curly locks love the name, every now and then i think i'am 40 really when did that happen???
Liza Once upon a time i was a weightlifter, its been 3 years for me however I still benifit from it for instance i wear a size 16 at 5'3 and weigh 218 still compact....I had an injury with my scatiic nerve and it took 9 months to heal I use to do aerobics 5 days a week and worked out with my friend and trainer 2 days aweek, been thinking about doing it again but going to take this weight off first.......walking now...... eating lean 3/4 vegtables1/4 protein added a green drink to my diet getting my carbs from sweet potaoes yams carrots whole grain hot ceral like irish oatmeal......and yes WW too I need the boost of accountability and monday weigh ins are perfect it really keeps me mindful of my weekend eating .........loosing weight isnt as easy as it use to be awww sweet perimenopuase

hope to meet many of you gals
Azulfire ...... Michelle
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #89  
Staying in 1derland!

AHH i know all about the sciatic nerve ...i had a lumbar laminectomy 2 yrs ago on 3 discs, fusion with bone paste... took 135 staples for my inscision.. OUCH.. but am doing fine now
Old 04-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #90  

Ewwe! Ouch is right! Hi all, I've been really busy here so I haven't been posting but just wanted to say hi and I'm doing great. Keeping up with the exercise and the food program Anyways, welcome to the new girls and I hope you're all having a good day. I'll be back when things aren't so hectic, see ya'