Old 01-14-2006, 01:50 AM   #196  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Brandy, the last few weeks are the worst ... you just want to get it out!! Not long to go now though How did the u/s go?

Jo, how did the exams go?

Lorraine, how's it going at the gym? I'm still trying to get myself motivated to get out there and start walking ... I've been so tired this week with it being my first week back at work, just not used to the early mornings (excuses, excuses!!), but from Monday I'm going to force myself to get out there!!

Food-wise, this week I've done really well. I've managed to stay well with my calorie allowance, and have accumulated quite a few so I can have a few little extras over the weekend Weigh-in is on Monday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a decent loss!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:48 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

Mornin'

I finished my exams, and I'm still in one piece, woohoo!!!

The first one was accounts, and was an actual exam that counts towards my course. I think I did enough to pass. The next two were property law and they were great and I enjoyed doing them.

The remaining four were two business law and two civil litigation. They were vile and I just know I'll have failed them. The good thing is that they were mock exams (or practice ones), the real ones are in about five weeks so I'll have to do some work between now and then to pull it back.

Right, I'd better go, got an assignment due in after the weekend and need to type it up.

Enjoy the weekend
Jo
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:50 AM   #198  

Just a quick post ... Weighed in this morning and I've lost 2lbs ... I was hoping for more as it was my first week, but I'm still happy with the loss I've just been out and bought myself a pedometer which records steps, distance and calories ... I'm off to work out how to use it, then I'm going for a walk!

Nichola
Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #199  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

She's here! Actually, she's been here for five days! Everything went very fast and I'll update with more soon. Basic info - 1/12/06, 8 lb 6 oz, 1:53 pm, Susannah Riley! We're both home and fine now. More in a few days!

B
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #200  

Brandy, just want to say congratulations to both of you on the birth of your baby daughter

And a bigwith lots of hugs to baby Susannah!

I know it's going to be a really busy time for you in the coming weeks ... months ... years!! ... so look after yourself ... rest whenever you can!!

Look forward to hearing all your news whenever you get chance!!

Lots of Love to the three of you!

Nichola
X X X
Old 01-18-2006, 12:48 PM   #201  

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS BRANDY AND MARK!!!!!

Congratulations on the birth of Susannah Riley!!! Gorgeous name, I especially like the name Riley for a girl!

Can you pm me with your addy so I can send her a little something from me??

Wow, big, and how many weeks early???

Fantastic news! I just want to act like a dancing carrot at the news!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 AM   #202  

Can't stop as late for Uni, but just posting to say I'm back on WW. Doing it at home, starting today. I have my graduation in less than a month and I have no intention of looking like the Goodyear Blimp for the photos. Will update my sig later, but I suspect it's going to be higher than my last registered weight.

Talk soon
Jo
Old 01-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #203  

OMG, an 8lbs gain on my sig.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #204  

Jo ... A new year, a new start ... forget the gain and just look at it as your new starting point

I myself am not having a great week just can't get rid of the munchies and I know that when I next weigh myself it most definitely will not be showing a loss!! I really could kick myself ... a couple of weeks ago I was full of enthusiasm and felt really motivated ... I even bought a pedometer and intended to walk EVERY day, but apart from the first couple of days when I wore it all the time, it hasn't seen the light of day!! I just don't know what to do!! ... All I want to do is eat!!

HELP!!!!!

Nichola
Old 01-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #205  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Quick update from us. All fine, baby's thriving (she's up to 9 lbs 2 oz and she's not even DUE till next week!). We're sorta tired but my wonderful mom and aunt have been spending nights with us to help out. YAY FOR FAMILY!

Also, and this is hilarious, I got to over 300 by the end of my pregnancy. Actually, it's not funny it's just sad and was scary as I was being careful but my weight kept climbing! Honestly, I just stopped looking at my second to last weigh in. Anyway, it was 307 (I think) the last time I looked and I'm 254 this morning. Ya think I was retaining a little fluid? So the baby weight (and then some) IS GONE! Now I get to start working on pre-baby fat. I have two big family weddings and a graduation coming up (plus all the other usual spring stuff) so I hope to be shedding some serious poundage!

Take care and catch up soon! We need to get back on the front page!!!

B
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #206  

Awww don't you just love post-baby weightloss!!!!

Are you breast-feeding or bottle feeding? I lost loads of weight when I breast-fed Dom for the first four months.....unfortunately continued eating like I was breast-feeding afterwards and gained some of it back!!!

Tell us about her. Does she have lots of dark curly hair???
Old 02-06-2006, 04:54 AM   #207  

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all doing ok?

Brandy, glad to hear things are going well with baby Susannah Riley ... That's some weight loss you've had ... how heavy did you say she was? ... Only joking of course!

Well, I finally hopped on the scales this morning and as I guessed, post Chinese New Year, they were showing a gain of 1.5lbs I must stop letting these celebrations/social occasions ruin any steps that I've made in the right direction. It's back to logging everything down that passes my lips from now on ... and I mean EVERYTHING!!

Catch up with you all again soon

Nichola
Old 02-10-2006, 03:04 AM   #208  

Jo, how's it going at WW? I'm going from bad to worse at the moment ... the more I try to diet, the more I end up eating! I've been really terrible over the past few days ... talk about binge eating! I've eaten until I've felt so sick and unfomfortable, it really has to stop. Got on the scales again today and I'm up 2lbs since Monday!! That takes me back to my starting weight again all but a pound!!

When my parents were out here, I made a pact with my mum (who weighs the same as me) that we would both lose weight by this summer when I come back to the UK for a visit ... I think she's doing ok, and I know that unless I get myself into gear pretty soon, I'm going to be really ashamed if I'm still looking this way when I see her again.

I really do need some accountability. I've noticed that there's a new thread starting on Monday called 'Beat the Bulge', where you get so many points each day for say, eating a healthy meal, drinking so much water, doing so much exercise, etc. If anyone's interested, you can find details about it on a thread called 'Attention: New game', on the Support Groups forum. You need to sign up by Sunday if you want to take part. I'm hoping that it will help to motivate me into doing something ... like WALKING for instance!!! ... Apart from the first few days after I bought it, my pedometer hasn't seen the light of day! ... Oh, the shame!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok? Brandy, how's the babe?

Nichola
Old 02-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #209  

Oh, don't talk to me about WW.

I started off with good intentions, lost 3lbs in the first week, then TOM hit with a vengance...I stopped tracking and succumbed to the temptations. I've got exams coming up, I've been ill with a cold, and I just can't cope.

Right now, I'm spiralling out of control, so, no, WW isn't going well.

Have a good weekend everyone
Jo
Old 02-13-2006, 02:46 AM   #210  

Hi Jo,

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well Not surprising though if you've not been feeling well AND had the stress of exams coming up. No point in stressing yourself even further with trying to tackle the diet issues as well ... I'd put that one on the back burner until you're properly feeling up to it.

Started the 'Beat the Bulge' game today over on the other thread. Weighed in this morning and am back to 177lbs ... don't know how that happened considering what I've had to eat this weekend ... must have been fluid retention when I weighed in on Friday!!

Hope everyone else is ok

Nichola