3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Full Time Working Stiffs!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/55504-full-time-working-stiffs.html)

kpe 04-06-2005 09:56 PM

I don't know if it is my computer or the site, but things are running slow!! I almost gave up on posting because it was taking forever.

Tomorrow is WI and I don't think I have lost anything. I think the cake from **** took care of that. But we jump right back on when we fall off I guess. I have lost 35 lbs. but according to WW I am at 26.8 and I have 2 more lbs. to go to get my 10%. I was really counting on this week but it may have to wait until next week.

It looks like everyone has been keeping busy. I have to do better about checking in daily. It can get to overwhelming to respond to everyone with so many posts since my last one. So I will just say hang in there!!! And I'll check in tomorrow!

Paige

kimberlydrn 04-07-2005 12:51 AM

I agree with Paige. It's overwhelming to respond to so many posts. I typed a long one a couple of days ago and tried to submit it and lost it all for some reason. I have been reading though. Well ladies, the scale is moving down again. I am so motivated! The scale said 152 this morning! At church tonight we had a meet and greet for a prospective pastor and there were all kinds of homemade desserts. Believe it or not, I only had a small brownie. It was hard though. I could've ate a whole plate of chocolate chip cookies. Today was my day off, so I spent 2 1/2 hours doing cardio at the gym today. I went this morning and after church tonight. Now if I can make it through Saturday which is my dad's birthday party. We're having pizza and ice cream cake. Well, I hope you all have a great night.

Robin- 2 more pounds and I'll be able to add that angel back!!!!!

Loud_Librarian 04-07-2005 08:49 AM

The hair is cut and styled. I'm wearing my new outfit :) and I have already gotten lots of comments on how nice I look. One of my coworkers even said "wow you really have lost weight!" That makes you feel good! :smug: I got on the scale this morning (couldn't resist) and it said 147! YAY! I am feeling better about losing more. I washed and dried the car last night and that has to count for some exercise huh? :?: I've also been taking the stairs at work all the time. I figure if I can at least fit a little of that in here and there it has to help.

I tried another exercise video and I just hate it. I feel silly and can't get into it. I don't think that's for me. I guess I'll stick to walking/jogging and make myself do it more often. Someday I'll be able to join a gym and use all those fun machines. :lol: SOMEDAY!

Have a great day ladies. I'll probably do a bit of cheating today since it's going to be long and social. But I have to let myself do that now and again or I feel like I am too hard on myself. (which I probably am)

TTYL!

PS. I learned after being behind the firewall at work to always copy and paste my post and then submit it. Then I can check to see that it has all gone through and if not I can repost it. I HATE it when I lost a post.

rtardif 04-07-2005 04:50 PM

Good afternoon!

One more day to the weekend! I love weekends because I get to sleep in. I'm not a morning person. I love the morning, but I just can't get out of bed to enjoy it.

Well, my scale at home yesterday said 188. Three more days to my official biweekly WI. I just have to be good this weekend. Unfortunately, it's my DH's grandmother's b-day. We're going to go out to eat, which isn't the problem. My mother-in-law is bringing a homemade cake. She makes really good cakes. I love cake. No, I really love cake. That's a problem. But my DH is very supportive. He is also trying to lose weight, so maybe he and I will each have only a really small piece.

Lori - Congrats for getting in a dress you haven't been in in three years! It's like getting a whole new wardrobe to be able to fit back into smaller clothes. I'm just now able to get into three pairs of Eddie Bauer slacks that I bought three months ago. I bought them as they just fit. And then they shrank when I washed them. But now they fit pretty good.

And you mean using swiffer products are real cleaning? Uh oh. That's how I clean my floors and dust most of the time. They're convenient for us full-time working stiffs.

As for the powdered drinks and shakes and such. Most of them contain quite a bit of sugar, so I avoid them. And I always end up hungry an hour later anyway. They're just not satisfying for me.

Joetta - I'm glad the tiles are a newer variety. How's the basement coming along?

Marie - My DH and I walk in the mountains/hills most nights. Walking uphill really gets the heart pumping, and sometimes it's a real struggle to get up the hills without wimping out. But I feel so much better when the walk is over.

Paige - 35 lbs lost is a great accomplishment. It's not easy. I think all of us here can testify to that. So, even if the weight comes off slow sometimes, it's still coming off. Good for you.

And it does get hard for to remember what everyone has said in the previous posts. I cheat and make notes before I reply.

Kim - 2 1/2 hours of cardio? Holy cow, you'll have your angel back in no time. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that. Even when my DH and I go hiking in the mountains on the weekends, we usually take a break to let the dog play in the water. I'm so impressed with your workouts.

Kerry - Don't the compliments just feel good? It's always nice when others notice the results of our hard work. And I consider washing the car a good activity. I figure anything that gets me up and moving is a good thing. It's not really cardio, but scrubbing bugs off the grill can work the arm muscles. And it's still better than watching TV.

Also, I figured out a way to not lose anymore postings. If you get the message that you need to log in when you hit the Submit Reply button, just log in and then hit your browser's Back button until you get back to your posting. Hit the Submit Reply button again, and it will let you post then. I tried this out of curiosity and it worked. I haven't lost a posting yet. And as you can see, some of mine get kind of lengthy.

And on that note, take care.
Robin

judydc 04-07-2005 05:10 PM

Hi, gals--

I've spent so much time reading all your posts that now I don't have time to comment on all of them, but it's not for lack of interest! Lack of time. I'm trying to go out and walk in the evening, so that cuts into my 3FC time.

I had a good visit to the doctor's this morning. I seem to have developed lactose intolerance, otherwise my eating is going well. I've been working out pretty consistently, so I know I'll be able to scootch my ticker a bit more to the right this weekend. My thigh muscles are achy, though, so I have to remember to spend more time stretching, and to ice my arthritic knees so they don't swell up. I feel like my Easter goal is still doable.

Your posts are so inspirational. Even when you're stressed to the max, like poor Kerry, I learn from your open-hearted approach to life and its challenges. When I feel like going out for ice cream (as several of my co-workers threatened to do this afternoon), or I want to blow off my workout, I think of you and do the right thing. So consider this to be a big ol' group hug!

judy :grouphug:

Marie 04-07-2005 06:13 PM

Hope you're all having a good afternoon. Things are going good here. I'm on track today and have high motivation to stay that way. I've been reading lots of threads and posts and it's amazing how motivating 3FC is. We're all so much in the same boat and to realize you're not alone is quite inspiring. So group hug back at you, Judy. Robin, I read your post and was amazed how you responded to everyone. I wish I could do that but time/attention gets me.

I'm going caffeine free now and have a headache. I doubt the tylenol will help, but I'm going to try it. DH just called and said he was going to be home late so I think I will take that opportunity to take a nap with my puppies. Yep, I like that idea.
TTYL.
Marie

kimberlydrn 04-07-2005 06:17 PM

It is so motivating to read all of your posts! I lost another pound since yesterday. The scale said 151. Woohoo!!!! I'm going to a step aerobics class at 6:45 tonight, then I have to work 11P-7A.

Kerry-Congats on the 147!!! I'll be so glad to see the 140's again. Enjoy your cheat day. You deserve it! ;)

Robin-Great job on the 188!!! Hopefully we can both abstain from the huge pieces of cake this weekend. :goodluck: My sister's getting an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for my dad's birthday. I love those.

Judy-Sounds like your doing great with your eating and working out. Thanks for the group hug! :thanks:

lmatis 04-07-2005 07:36 PM

I am so excited, when I was reading our post's tonight I just realized how much weight we have all lost so far (123 lbs so far together) according to our tickers if I didn't forget anybody!! Group hug heck, we deserve a toast :hat:!! I am soo glad that everyone has come back after falling off the wagon, once you learn to dust yourself off and move on you will lose the weight! (although I'm afraid of Robin's wagon, didn't it back up over you once?) But this seems to be the hardest thing for us dieters to learn, we just beat the crap out of ourselves over that stupid piece of cake. So three cheers for all of us!!! I don't know girls, if your having trouble remembering some of the posts you can roll down on your page that your typing and everybody's post's are there!

Judy, I also have lactose issues, but ice cream is the worst, and straight milk is a close second! I can still eat small quantities other dairy foods. I can eat a pudding snack, but not everyday. By the end of the week I have enough gas to fly a plane! MSN had a good article about this yesterday. http://articles.health.msn.com/id/10...ite/100000000/

Marie, caffeine free, oh good for you and the headache will go away! When my thyroid was really bad I cut out caffeine for over 3 years, once it was back in check I really missed regular coffee!! So I'm hooked all over again!

Robin, I use the swiffers alot, but once in a while I like to use the pledge to shine up my furniture. I also have to spray my coffee and end tables, they are glass and are always dirty with these boys!! Massive amounts of 409 and a putty knife?? That bad dryer, mine also has the same symptoms! If it dosen't eat the socks, it's trimming my clothes!! It's a hungry little bugger! :lol:

Kim, I don't say this lightly "god love you" I coudn't spend 2 1/2 hrs. working out, they would have to call an ambulance! I have barely worked myself up to a 50 min. step tape! And trust me the kids are standing around wanting to know if I need water, a towel, or should they just call 911.

Oh Kerry, enjoy your night!!! It sounds like you have everything together! Way to go on the 4's, I'm just dying to see them again! And taking the steps is a wonderful idea, just think of the butt muscles your working!! Kerry, please stop trying the tapes and check out Joyce Vedral's Definition book! I use this faithfully 3 times a week and it really does work! I used the corner of my bed for a bench for many months, now I use that dumb step of mine! And walk away until your hearts content, you can't beat free work-outs!!

Wow we were a chatty bunch today!! That's good, were all still hanging in!!

rtardif 04-07-2005 09:22 PM

Hi again.

Well, I just went to leave work and drive home, but the clutch cable broke on the car. I'm driving my husband's car today so that I could fill it with gas here in town where it's cheaper. We live in the country. So now I'm still at work, waiting for my husband to come pick me up. It'll be about an hour before he gets here, so I thought I might as well take advantage of my work computer's high speed Internet connection. So, here I am.

Judy & Lori - Sorry to hear about the lactose problems. I couldn't live without my milk. Cereal is one of my major foods. Ice cream does make me really phlemmy, so I avoid it. But I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drink milk. And thanks for the group hug!

Marie - I don't usually have time to respond to everyone, but it's raining here and so I sat at my desk while I ate lunch. And now, I'm stuck here again because the car is broke and it's still raining. :mad: Not that I don't want to chat with you all, but I'm supposed to be out walking.

Kim - 151!! Wow!! That's only one pound away from my ultimate goal. I'm 5'10", so I don't want to go below 150. My face gets too thin. But great job for you! All your hard workouts are paying off.

Lori - Yeah, you definitely want to avoid my wagon. It backed up over me, and then took off again forward, and ran over me a second time. And that was after it threw me off.

And I'm going to have to check out your definition book, too. Until we get our house built, which is looking like it won't be finished until the end of October, we don't have room for a weight set. We have a few small dumbbells, but I need some other exercises, too.

I didn't do very well on my eating today, but I guess it could have been much worse. For lunch I went to Costco. And while I was there, I got two slices of their pizza/veggi pizza. I ate only one slice for lunch, and was going to save the other for my DH. But since I'm stuck here, I'm now eating the other slice for dinner. And this afternoon, I had a small (but very good) cinnamon roll. I think calorie wise I'm okay, but it wasn't the most healthy food I could have eaten. Of course, I'm pretty sure my body would go into shock if I ate healthy veggies every single day with no bread.

The car breaking down is a pain though. If I were home I would have worn my rain coat and still walked. But I only have a light fleece jacket with me now. And as hard as it's raining, I'd get soaked in about 10 minutes. Maybe when I'm done here, I'll turn the radio on and dance around the room. Boy, wouldn't that surprise the cleaning crew. "Um, there's some crazy woman in the other room. I think I'll skip that room tonight." Mikail Baryshnikov I'm not.

Well, I guess I've chatted on here long enough. Maybe I'll go play with some of the daycare toys in the other part of the building. They have some of those big balls that people use to stretch with. And I think they have a Sit-n-Spin. I could stand on it and twist to work out my waist. Of course I did just eat that pizza. That might not be a good idea.

Have a good night.
Robin

kpe 04-07-2005 09:23 PM

Wow, you all have been busy posting today!!!! I'm glad I checked in today. If I had waited another day I never would have made it through all the post. It seems like our little group has gotten back into the swing of things. For awhile I thought we might be goners, everyone was so busy. Glad to see us back at it!!!!!

Lori- Wow, as a group we've lost a person!!! I think everyone has done a really great job, and I know that you all have certainly helped me along the way to stay motivated.

Kim- Yeah!! 151 ! Keep it up!

Marie- You brave woman! Caffine Free!!!!! I envy you and I know you can do it!!! I have tried it but I always end up back on caffine after a few weeks. Maybe I will get inspired by your endevor to give it another shot.

Judy- Group hug back at ya!!! Sorry to hear about your lactose intolerance. Can't wait to see the changes on your ticker. You can do it!!!!!

Robin- Good luck with the cake!! I know all about that temptation from my birthday!! Thanks for the posting tip. I can get so frustrated sometimes trying to post!!!

Kerry- Don't you just love it when people compliment you on your weight lose!!! It really helps to keep you motivated. It sounds like you are going to have a great evening! Also thanks for your posting tip as well. I will have to remember these the next time I encounter problems.

I had my official WI today and I was only down a pound. I know the cake from **** that my well meaning co-workers put in my office on Monday for my b-day was the big culprit this week. Another week another pound!!!

Have a great evening ladies!!!!!!

Paige :grouphug:

kpe 04-07-2005 09:29 PM

Opps- Robin, I feel for you being stuck at work. My husband and I tried carpooling once for about a week, and it seemed like I had to wait forever and meanwhile everyone else was long gone. Needless to say that is why it only lasted a week. However, if gas keeps going up it might become necessary to do it again.

Paige

Loud_Librarian 04-08-2005 01:09 AM

Wow you girls were chatty today! I really enjoy our group SOOOO much and find it a wonderful motivator. You are all helping to keep me at least somewhat sane. :dizzy: We've all had our moments when we're down and then those that we pick one another up. It's awesome! Let's keep it up. :grouphug: Right back at ya!

I had a wonderful time tonight. It was such an honor and I felt really good about so many things in my life in one short evening: first I look better than I have in years thanks to my weight loss, second I've managed to rise to the top % of my new profession, third because I feel like I am finally going to be a success after years of struggle and finally because I am dealing with the sadness and frustration in my personal life in a much more positive way (ie not eating myself sick).

In fact I'll tell you the whole of it ladies, it has been an emotional and stressful week for me and I feel good about staying on track for the most part during it (aside from my wine and brie/crackers this evening). One year ago this week I was pregnant and lost the baby. I was in the second trimester. I was then soon after the loss diagnosed with some serious fertility problems. The time I spent in grad school I was so depressed about struggling to get pregnant (not watching my weight at all), then put on weight when I was pg, then lost the pg and sunk into a state of not caring about how I looked and gained even more. With this sad anniversary and all the stress of the job search, I figured I would have fallen off and gotten run over and over by that wagon. But you've all been such great cheerleaders on the sidelines of my struggle recently and it has REALLY helped. Thank you! :goodvibes

Since it's late (I was keyed up when I got home so I thought I'd check in) I just want to give a BIG shout out to ALL of you for doing so well on your plans - both diets and exercise! :hat: That's a BUNCH of weight we've all lost together and I am proud of us! Let's keep it up ok? (((More Hugs)))

PS. I'm going to check out the book Lori. If you think it's a good and I can do it at home on my own without looking at some goofy person on TV - I'll try it! :D

kimberlydrn 04-08-2005 11:32 AM

Well, I made it through my night at work, then went to the gym and did 15 minutes on the stairclimber, then a 45 minute spin class. I'm exhausted. I've got to work 7P-7A tonight. Have a great day!

Lori-Wow 123 pounds! :cp: :cb: That's great! You are so right about us beating the crap out of ourselves over a piece of cake. I certainly do that. Actually, I usually just think, well I blew it and eat like a pig the rest of the day. BTW, that was the first time I ever worked out for 2 1/2 hours. I'm just really motivated this time, and really want to look decent in my swimsuit this summer.

Marie-I'm right there with you on the caffeine. :rollpin: :crazy: I've been without it for 7 days because I'm bleaching my teeth this week, and I'm not supposed to have any coffee. I get to have it again today when I wake up. I can't wait! Hope your headaches better.

Robin- Major bummer about the car. Don't worry about the pizza and cinnamon roll. You can't eat healthy 24/7. We have to enjoy life too. We're allowed a treat every once in a while. ;)

Paige- Congrats on losing the pound, even with the birthday cake. I'll take a pound any day over a gain! :cp:

Kerry-You have had such a difficult year. I'm so sorry. :cheer: God bless you sister. It sounds like you're doing wonderful now though. Congratulations!

kimberlydrn 04-08-2005 11:36 AM

Kerry- the little cheerleader was supposed to be after the congratulations. My bad!

kpe 04-08-2005 06:55 PM

Yeah!!!!! The weekend has begun! About time! I hope everyone has a great weekend planned. What I'd really like to do is have a margarita and eat some mexican food, but instead I guess I will have a diet coke and clean the garage so I can at least get my car in. Our cars are to big to get them both in.

Kerry- Thanks for sharing your story. I really know how you feel. I had a miscarrage also. And I don't think it matters how pregnant you are. Once that test is positive everything changes. I was 14 weeks along when it happened to me. When I went back to work after a few days several coworkers shared with me that they had experienced the same thing, but not to worry because I would probably be pregnant again soon. It took us 4 very long years filled with depression and enough heartache to last me a lifetime. I couldn't go to baby showers and it was really hard when all my friends started having kids. I remember right after my best friend had her daughter she told me this is great you have to try it! Like I wasn't having kids by choice. I know she didn't mean it the way it came out, but it crushed me. I spent 4 years being poked and proded. My arms, thighs, and stomach made me look like a junkie. My husband became very good at administering the shots!! It was almost 4 years to the day when I got my next positive pregnancy test. Nine months later my son Cameron was born and then two years and 13 days later our daughter Hannah was born. Just remembering those times as I write this makes me cry alittle. It was a very hard time and I know how you feel. Right before I got pregnant we had decided that we were going to start looking at adoption because we were just too emotionally exhausted to keep going through the treatments. Each month was a roller coaster ride I would be so upset after each negative result. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.

Paige