3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Full Time Working Stiffs!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/55504-full-time-working-stiffs.html)

kpe 04-20-2005 08:52 PM

Another breakfast... I ate about what I did yesterday except I didn't eat the cereal this morning. Yesterday when I ate breakfast at home I wasn't really thinking about work...I was smarter today. Just got home from taking DD to her dance class. They are having their recital in June so they are really working hard. Nothing cuter then seven 4 year olds who don't have a clue what they are doing. WI is tomorrow and I don't know if I lost all of the 4 lb gain from last week, but it should be somewhere around 2-3lbs. Time for dinner... Have a great evening ladies..

Kerry-Great news about the gym....did you get that lottery ticket yet????

Loud_Librarian 04-20-2005 09:39 PM

I am seriously going to go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. I told DH that you girls have been telling me too and he agreed with you! :p So should I buy the numbers or scratch off???

Marie 04-20-2005 10:08 PM

Hi Chickies, I hope everyone had a good Wednesday. Sorry, it's not Friday yet...

Paige, it sounds like you did great on the breakfast at work. Planning ahead really worked out for you. Good job.

Kerry, congrats on the inexpensive gym membership. That'll make your workouts fun. You really should go for the who thing and buy a super lotto lottery. It can't hurt, right?

I've had a stressful day at work. A virus got onto our network and has been making my work life long. It's getting under control but it's been long. Then I saw the July cut list since education has to make cuts every year and one position from my department is going to be cut. By the dollar amount, it could be my position but I'm not going to worry about it. I can't change the legislature over their idiotic spending. I'll do my job, and if it ends in July, then that's that. Then I'll figure out what I have to do for unemployment.

Kodiak is doing much better today. He actually ate a small dinner so I think we've made major progress. Tomorrow is the vet visit.

TTYL.
Marie

lmatis 04-20-2005 10:10 PM

**** Kerry, your on a roll, buy both!!! Then we all want to go to Hawaii and lay on the beach with our slimmer butts!!! :D

rtardif 04-21-2005 01:07 AM

Am I slim yet?

Kerry, with the luck you've been having lately, I think you should let the machine pick the numbers for you. Is that the scratch ticket? Luck seems to be just dropping in your lap, so I'd just leave the number picking to chance too. Have you found any money laying on the ground? Also, make sure you send in your Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. You may already be a winner!

Marie, I'm soooo glad Kodiak is doing better. Please let us know how he's doing as soon as you get back from the vet. I'm such an animal lover. I hate it when animals suffer. My cats got their annual shots a few weeks ago, and for some reason they make one of my cats sort of ill. She did nothing but lay around for two days, and was very needy of attention. Well, she sure got the attention. I hated seeing her like that. It just breaks my heart.

Lori, I'm with you. If Kerry wins the lotto, I think she should take us all to Hawaii, too. I've really been wanting to go for a while now. And it's the least she can do. Of course, I wouldn't mind some lipsuction and a tummy tuck either, but I'm not going to be stingy.

Paige, I love breakfast, too. I eat cereal for dinner quite a bit. My husband has been out of town the last few days, and that's all I've eaten for dinner. Even when he's here, I quite often eat Cream Of Wheat hot cereal. It's very low in fat and calories. And it fills me up. I also love eggs, and toast, and pancakes, and French toast, etc...... One of my neices just turned five, and last summer, when she was four, she had a dance recital, too. It was so cute to see the little girls going in all different directions, but trying to be synchronized. And all the parents and families were trying not to laugh.

Kim, you need to post the recipe for the no pudge fudge brownies. They sound like they're right up my alley.

Joetta, I'm not sure what to say about your son. I don't have any kids of my own, but I had three brothers growing up. Two were step brothers, one of which was only two months older than me. We went through puberty about the same time, and all I can say is that we had some hellacious fights. He would take his long showers, and use up all the hot water. I would go in and flush the toilet in the other bathroom and listen to him scream. It's funny in hind sight, but man did we both get into a lot of trouble. Otherwise, we were the best of friends.

It's been rather stressful at work for me, too. There's only six people in my office, including the supervisor. Well two of the guys are mad at the other guy. My boss thinks that one of the two guys is after her job. She started packing her desk up today thinking she's going to get fired. The woman that sits next to me was crying this afternoon because of all the tension in the office. And I'm caught in between because most of the problems began before I ever started working there, so I have no issues with anyone. And of course, because I'm really the only neutral one, all the others feel the need to share their side with me. I don't really care because I've told all of them I'm not taking sides. I don't know all the details because I wasn't there. But it's not making it very fun to go into work.

And my husband's aunt, the developmentally challenged one, has received yet another sexual harassment complaint filed against her by the same person. Anyone who knows his aunt knows this just isn't possible. She has the mental faculties of a very naive 10 year old. And after the last complaint, she doesn't even look at anyone at work, much less touch them. I can't believe some people can be so cruel to another just because they're different. Anyway, I've got a call in to an attorney and just about every state agency that I can think of. Her accuser is going to regret making false claims on someone who isn't capable of truly defending herself.

Well, it's late here. I'm going to go read my book and fall asleep. Since DH is out of town, I get the whole bed to myself. Well, I and one of my cats. And she's a major bed hog. Good night ladies.
Robin

kimberlydrn 04-21-2005 01:16 AM

Well, I made it to the gym tonight for 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of power walking with a girlfriend. It makes time go by so much faster when you're not alone. When I got home I made the most wonderful salad (I usually don't eat salads) with spinach, dark green leafy lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, fat free cheese, cajun turkey breast, almonds, and light done right italian dressing. It was delicious!

Joetta-I have a 13 year old son, and he would pass out if I mentioned masturbation to him, lol. :lol:

Paige-Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. :goodscale

Marie-I'm glad Kodiak is feeling better. :)

Lori-The fudge no pudge brownies are AWESOME!!!!! I made a single serving with 2 tbsp of brownie mix, 1 tbsp. fat free vanilla yogurt, heated in microwave for 1 minute and had a delicious thick fudgey brownie....only 120 calories and fat free!!!! :T I highly recommend, (can you tell?)

Kerry-Good luck with the lottery ticket! :crossed: :goodluck: Go all the way with the powerball. When you win your millions, don't forget about us working stiffs, lol.

Robin-Hi! That's aweful about your husband's aunt. Some people are so mean! :mad: I also hated to hear about your office drama. It's amazing the difference coworkers can make in how much you like your job. The brownies are simply a mix called "No Pudge" brownies. I bought mine at Kroger (Wal Mart didn't have them).

Loud_Librarian 04-21-2005 09:46 AM

Alright ladies, I'll let the machine pick the numbers and might even spring for a scratch off as well. I'll let you know how it turns out :p And if I hit it big - Hawaii sounds perfect! ;)

Kim - Your salad and brownie sound wonderful! It sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!

Robin - That stinks about the office drama. There were some existing issues when I arrived here and I have chosen to stay neutral and get along with everyone. When things get really bad it makes it hard to go to work. I hope it improves soon. I can't believe all the nonsense about sexual harrassment claims on your husband's aunt. Have you tried talking to the HR dept at the hospital where she works? I think she has grounds for a suit based on discrimination. Good luck and let us know how it's going.

Marie - I'm so glad that Kodiak is doing better. I'd never thought about an asthma inhaler affecting a do so bad. I'll be sure to keep mine up at ALL times! And that stinks that you're worried about your job being there next year. I'll cross everything that it all works out.

DH is making me insane! He had to do his entire lighting project last night because he had the due date WRONG! At least it's done I guess. :dizzy: He has his specialization review next Tuesday so this will be another weekend shot to he!! I'm going to have to dig in and help at this point. I just want him to pass so bad and make it to the upper class status. I'll do anything at this point. ;)

k93lw02 04-21-2005 10:03 AM

Hi there. I am Lisa. I stumbled upon this site upon looking for weight loss ideas. I would love to join this forem and I hope that it will help me work towards my weight loss goals. In the past three years I"ve had two babies, taken night classes towards my masters, built a house and worked a full time job as well as coached. Well those are the excuses that I have used for three years to justify packing on 40-50 extra pounds. The I'm so tired and busy etc.. I know that I really need some others around to talk to to curb the - I'm going to break down and binge. Which is so frustrating to do if you work all week at watching what you eat and then blow it. And then get depressed which causes you to eat more. Such a visous cycle. Well i'm going on and on but boy it feels good to get some of those frustrations out so that I can have a fresh start and try again today. Thanks

LIsa

Loud_Librarian 04-21-2005 01:04 PM

Welcome Lisa!! :wave: Welcome aboard to our little group. We discuss the challenges of working too much, stressing often and trying not to binge on our comfort foods in times of meltdown. Some of us have children and some don't. Some work week days some weekends. . . We try to help and encourage and support through it all. Collectively we've lost quite a bit of weight. I hope you stick around! :)

rtardif 04-21-2005 01:32 PM

Welcome Lisa.

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the group. We are all very supportive, and this forum and its members have really helped me. I'm sure it/they will help you, too. It's just nice to have someone to listen to you without judging because we've all been there, too. Believe me, we've all fallen off the wagon, too. But we also encourage each other to get back on and keep going.

My DH and I do not have kids, except for our animals. We are going to be building a house sometime this summer, as soon as we can find a good contractor. We plan on doing most of the general contractor work ourselves. And we both work full-time, too.

You can read back through the forum to get some background on all of us. I hope you stick with our group. New people are always welcome.

Robin

kimberlydrn 04-21-2005 06:17 PM

WELCOME LISA!!!!! We love newbies! :D

Well ladies, I'm back at 151. 1 more pound and I can add another angel.

Robin-you know I've been here a couple of times, and I'm not going to blow it this time. I'm motivated and I've GOT TO keep from binging!

I've printed off the weight progress chart under the diet section of this website and I've posted it on my refrigerator. I'll be looking at that everytime I go to the kitchen. I plan on going to a step aerobics class at 6:45 tonight, then doing some weights, then I'm working an extra 11p-7a tonight. Have a good one!

Loud_Librarian 04-21-2005 06:59 PM

My first official workout

Well I finally got movin' :D I did 10 min on the elyptical, 10 on the bike, 10 lifting with legs (mostly butt & thighs) then 10 min on my abs. Then I came home and felt bad about not walking with Bella so we went out for a quick 10 min walk. Altogether that's a 50 minute workout. It felt good! :workout: I'm so glad I joined a gym. They even have classes I can go to. Although I am nervous about doing them since I am so uncoordinated. We'll see. . . I didn't stop to buy the lottery ticket bc I didn't have any cash :lol: This is very typical of me. I rarely carry cash as it keeps me from spending it.

Hope everyone had a great day. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! FINALLY!!! :) ;)

lmatis 04-21-2005 07:01 PM

Good evening Chickies!!!
Wow, we were chatty today, it took me over 10 mins. to catch up!! Welcome Lisa, you'll find we are a fun bunch of nuts who are just as crazy busy!!!

It's Thursday and I have to make this quick CSI is on tonight!!

Kerry, I would fall over if you really did hit! I have to confess I haven't ever been on a plane in my life, do you think we could rent a boat??? A few good stiff drinks and I'm usually game for about anything, but it's really far from PA!

Kim, I'll have to look for the brownies!!! And an extra shift on top of the gym, girl when do you sleep??

Robin, man that is such a shame about work. I usually find that it's one person causing all the problems. And to boot they all want to suck you in, well I'm glad you've held your ground!! As for your DH's aunt, make sure you contact labor relations (I'll double check the correct office) and sue the pants of the hospital, the person, and anyone else I didn't mention. I've never been a fan of the sue happy crowd, but THIS deserves it!!!! You may want to call your local welfare office, they have connections every where! When I was a case worker I called them alot for extra help and ideas!

Marie, get us an update on Kodiac!! We're all concerned!!!

Goodness, I'm sure I've forgotten to mention some things, but I really need to run! I'll try to check back in the am!!!

kpe 04-21-2005 08:55 PM

Hey ladies!!! Just a quick post. Today has been really hectic between WI and taking the kids to swim lessons. Just wanted to let everyone know how WI went. Last week I was really depressed and not very motivated because for some reason the scale was showing a 4-5lb gain. I missed WI last week because of an event at work. So I was alittle worried about today. I was sure I would still have a gain to post. Howevery I lost .2lbs!!!! I don't care that it was only a smidge, I will take whatever as long as it is not a gain!!!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!

KYColonel 04-21-2005 09:21 PM

"In the past three years I"ve had two babies, taken night classes towards my masters, built a house and worked a full time job as well as coached."

Good grief Lisa!!! What do you do in your "spare" time?????????????????????

Welcome to the nutcase forum!!!!!

Robin I feel for you on the office thing--work can be a joy to go to or a dreaded excursion, depending on who you have to work with!!! And best of luck with your husband's aunt! Makes you just wanna punch the guy's lights out, huh?

Marie, I am so happy to hear that Kodiak is doing better, I really hope there is no long term consequences. I am such a wuss when it comes to animals--I spoiled my dogs rotten! A couple died and it really tore me up. The last 2 I left with my ex-husband (he spoiled them too), and now I just can't make myself break down to get another, but I am a sucker for animals, especially big dogs!

Kerry, dealing with procrastinators makes me crazy, too! The munchkin is the world's best at it! He is a wonderful, really wonderful kid, but man he really knows how to push my buttons waiting to the last minute!

News from this homefront --good and bad: I have a brand new little great nephew (Daddy is in Iraq). Kaelin is a cutie! I have a 2 yr old neice that has samonella poisining, and may have to spend the next week in the hospital....poor little thing!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Joetta