Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #1576  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Yup- Ladies of Harley- It is part of the Harley Owners Group and is female riders in either seat . I do not think I have time to attend meetings and such but we will see. Maybe my DH will watch all the kids so I can escape. Honestly I am not that much for ladies clubs- but maybe this one would be different. I have so little in common with most women. I am not into clothes, kids or crochet....
Old 07-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #1577  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDStreetBob
Honestly I am not that much for ladies clubs- but maybe this one would be different. I have so little in common with most women. I am not into clothes, kids or crochet....
Me, too....'cept 3FC....maybe 'cause if there is a thread about clothes, kids or crochet I just don't hafta read it.

Shoot...I'm without a home PC for a couple days and I had to read like 3 pages to catch up!

Harleymom speaks volumes of wisdom.....1200 is the lowest you should be going...and I agree that it's prolly too low for where you are right now...you have to give yourself somewhere to go down to. I got the same advice about dividing the plate into 4 parts...2 parts veggies. This was from a nutritionist. And the throwing up? That's kinda scary...it messes with your whole system, girl...get it checked out by a DR to be sure. [/rant] WTG on not having the burger!!! Isn't it wild the tricks your mind plays? I hate McD burgers too...but sometimes it does smell really good.

It finally cooled off over here - air cooled bike isn't too happy at 115 degrees....yesterday was only 102 so I rode. The ride into work at 7:30 AM....simply delicious...coming home was not that bad...I know where the shady streets are. Today was a little cooler. Even better.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #1578  

S/C/G: 275/238/170

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyMom
Tiff you are not getting enough calories but you are eatting a lot. You are very tall so 1,200 for you is low. I would add some yogurt as it looks like your short a couple of dairy servings. I also have a non fat latte to get my dairy in as I really dislike having a glass of milk. I also love the splenda jello pudding that is already to serve. It looks like your not eatting any fruit either. Remember it is always better to be able to bump down from where your at and if you are only getting 1200 now you may have a hard time later as there will be no way to bump down. I would say you need at least 1500 a day maybe even 1800 at your height and weight right now.

Keep on Keep'n on!
I usually eat at least a cup of yogurt a day. But it is still only 90 cal per 1 cup. I also eat cottage cheese, 1 cup is 180 cals. My morning shake also has 50% of my daily requirement for calcium. I also take a calcium supplement of 600 mg. In fact with all I eat and drink, I am overloaded on dairy. I have been tracking on FitDay, every single day I get at least the minimum requirement for vitamins and minerals. I know my calories are low, that is why I am looking for some other options for meals that are around 250-300 cals a piece. Most of the things I find that are within that range are wasted calories, high in carbs with little or no protein. I try to make sure a minimum 30% of my calories come from protein.

Idealy, I should be having 5-6 200-300 calorie meals, this is how my plan works. The problem is, most of my meals are falling at 200 or below. As for fruit, I can't keep it in my house. I will come home from the grocery store and within 5 minutes my kids will have eaten it all. I get the occasional apple that the vultures leave for me. I also get whatever small amount of fruit is contained in my yogurt.

I went to the grocery store 3 days ago and spend $125.00, there is nothing left but a few freezer things. Thats it, all the food is gone. ARRRGGHH So frustrating. In June we spent $1000 on groceries, I can't wait until these kids go back to school!! Of course they are all stick thin and can consume a cow at one sitting. Drives me nuts!!

Note: The throwing up...talked to the doctor, he is sure it has something to do with my acid reflux and agrees that the stress has been causing it to flare up more. I will be going in for my annual in Sept. he said we can look at it then. I have gone through this before, it is nothing new. Only before when I was having problems, I just wouldn't eat because my stomach wouldn't take it. Now I force myself to eat which is why I am throwing up.

Last edited by TiffRidesAHarley; 07-27-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #1579  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

HEy chicks!

I just wanted to say hi to you ladies! It's been an exhausting day.

Tiff-Congrats on avoiding the burgers and fries!

HarleyMom- Good advice about the plate trick. I have to remember that.

Gina- Hope you can enjoy some riding this weekend!

Stella- LOH calendar sounds like a huge motivation for you. Fun!

Have a fantabulous Friday, Chicks!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #1580  

Well it is Friday and I am going to take a short day today. Good to here from you Reb. Gina sorry about your computer. Tiff it sounds like your thinking. How many kids do you have and how old are they? You make me think I am glad my kids are a little older. My son is going to be 22 next month and lives at home part time. He is a fire fighter and works about 1.5 hours away from home he works 48 hours shifts and then is off for 4 days. He buys his own food and takes care of his own expenses. He spends a lot of time with his gf. They are getting married next year in May. Then my girls are 15 soon to be 16. They don't eat much, but every once in a while my just lucky to be 5 foot nothing daughter will pack away a full size T Bone steak or something crazy like that. She surprises me with what she can pack away about every 4 weeks she will just consume for one full day. Her twin sister is an athlete and is 5 foot 2 inches and seems to eat a little healther and at a more steady pace. It is strange to see two girls be so different, they are identical twins so it makes it even stranger to me. Anyhow that is my kids. What about your kids Stella?

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and keep on Keep'n on!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #1581  

S/C/G: 296/287/145

Height: 5'6

Default lisa

Hi everyone,
I am new to 3fatchicks and this forum. My husband and I just purchased a 1998 white honda Goldwing SE from e-bay. It is sweet. I would love to be able to ride next summer with less weight. Of course my husband weighs around 165 and I weigh 296. I get frustrated. It sounds like this group is right up my alley!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #1582  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lisa! Your screen name makes me giggle. I have Dana Carvey in my head saying Turtle, Turtle...
Have you got an idea of how you want to go about losing the weight? We are a pretty varied bunch - one or the other of us has prolly tried just about any weight loss plan known to mankind. In other words we're here for ya if you have questions or gripes or just wanna chat.

Harleymom...I took a short day today, too...doesn't it feel great? Hope you are having a great weekend!

Andrea - TGIF!!!! It feels even better after a hellish week.

Tiff - sounds like you have your head on straight....good for you! Try not to stress too much, he'll be home, soon, right? Maybe try adding some healthy type fats to boost the calories like peanut butter, avocado, flax seed, nuts? That sux there's never any fruit for you...maybe if it's frozen chunks in the freezer? Great for making smoothies. And it might take a while for the kids to find it?

It's all cooled off here now (down to 93 for a high )- I should get plenty of riding in. Besides the car is dirty and needs gas.... Happy weekend to all!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #1583  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi Chickies! I felt like being colorful tonight. LOL.

Welcome Lisa! You and I are very close in weight.

I told my husband that we (just me and him) should find somewhere in this great state to ride for an overnight road trip. I'm thinking that sometime in the early fall would be really nice. So, I'm trying to research some different places.

Well, have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #1584  

S/C/G: 275/238/170

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyMom
Well it is Friday and I am going to take a short day today. Good to here from you Reb. Gina sorry about your computer. Tiff it sounds like your thinking. How many kids do you have and how old are they? You make me think I am glad my kids are a little older.
Jolie is 3
Jacob is 7
Jenni is going to be 11 on the 5th of August.

It would be nice if they would buy their own food. lol They could start a lemonade stand or something! hee hee Back to the grocery store today and spent $150.00. DANG!! The two older ones are going to my inlaws in South Dakota August 1-7. I can't wait. I bet I only go to the grocery store once next week, for MY food. The 3 year old is obsessed with getting into the refridgerator and dumping things on the floor. I am trying to get my aunt or someone to take the 3 year old for that week. I NEED A BREAK!!!! My birthday "outing" is planned for the 5th. It would be great to have the week off.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #1585  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hi Chicks!

I've been reading all the new posts and laughing my butt off (too bad that can't be true!)! I remember the days when I had to lock up the food in the summer so my always-hungry little locusts didn't clean out the pantry and the fridge! Makes me glad that now I'm a gramma and I can just come home when the eating and sibling fighting makes me crazy!! YES! There are advantages to getting older! You just can't let your MIND age!!!

OK....I'm back on Plan and have participated in small amounts of exercise this week. Reading about what ya'll are doing has given me new motivation....so I'm off to the pool to do some resistance exercises in the water.

Hey tertle! Congrats on your new 'Wing! Tomorrow we ride.....HH is off work and we'll have the wind in our hair

Last edited by flsunbakd; 07-29-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #1586  
Shooting Star

GOOD MORNING BIKER BABES!!

I have lost 7 pounds as of today and am soooo happy! Later I am going to the market to stack up 7 pounds of butter and feel how heavy it is! (you would be amazed how cool it is to see and feel the fat in block form! If you have not done this I highly reccommend it!)

Welcome Tertle! Congrats on the bike!

Loving this thread!

I never wanted kids but then had my daughter and she was so wonderful! My husband wanted jussssttt onnnnneee mmoooorrrree.... (hoping for a boy) and we had another girl!
When the second girl was 5 months old I found out I was pregnant again (So much for the "cant get pregnant while breastfeeding myth HA HA HA!")
My suprise Baby turned out to be TWIN GIRLS! (not identical)
God has such a good sense of humor!

So here is where I am today- and Tiff- I can SOOOO RELATE TO THE DUMPING FOOD!!!!!

Julia 13
Jillian 6
Jenna and Sarah soon to be 5

Hey Sunbaked- That is a GREAT idea! I am going to lock away the food! All they want to do is eat!

I went down to the Harley Dealer yesterday and looked at their Bob- it is in the same color and everything I sat on it and talked to the dealer. Showed it to my husband (he did not see the 2007 yet and he loves it.) I will be custom painting it myself and I have not decided what to do yet though I am leaning toward a pirate theme at the moment.

Sorry to ramble- it is just that you guys are the only ones I can talk to about bikes- everyone else I know thinks I am nuts. *GRIN*

Going to the library today to see if they have any books on the Twin Cam engines. I like to see what is going on under me.

Does anyone here dream of going to Sturgis or Myrtle Beach? Have any of you been? If so could you share what it is like?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #1587  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Hey HDStreetBob!

We rode our bike to Myrtle Beach for bike week this past May and it was a blast! We also live only about 40 miles from Daytona, so we do that twice a year...and a nearby town has a bikefest in April that is giving Daytona a run for it's money! Sturgis one of these days.....

Boy do you have your hands full with kiddos!! Whew! Made me tired just reading about it!!! I too have a set of twins....boy and girl. They're 31 now. They're atill a pain in the butt. Also have my youngest daughter who's 24. She's the one I'm going to visit in Wyoming on the 9th. Her kids are 2and 4
Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #1588  

Tiff wow you do have a group. You are just now starting to get out of the toddler age moving into the tweens with a girl non the less. Ouch! My son used to get into the refrig so we put a Halloween mask into it ever time he opened the refrig it scared him! My mother in law came to visit us when he was 4 and when we were driving down the road she pulled the mask out of her purse and threw it out the car window. By then he was done getting into the refrig every 5 seconds. I know it is mean but sometimes you have to be resourceful with these kids.

Stella I too was like no more kids! My son was 6 and a handful. My husbands family was like come on have another one we will help by babysitting or whatever, I caved and also found out at 12 weeks into preg was having twins. Your right God does have a sense of humor, or maybe he knows better then we do what we need in our lives. Kids diffently put things into prespective in your lives. Alls I can say is they do grow up fast so enjoy them while thier at home. It is nice to have them independent but I do miss having little ones at times. That is why we get to me grandma's! BTW Congrats on your weight loss!

I am so going to Sturgis. Leaving on Thursday night and returning on Monday. Short trip. I have been about 10 or more times. It has changed over the years. A lot of T&A around. Most of it souldn't be showing is the problem. DH says that those that should don't and those that shouldn't do. It is the truth. The only thing I can say is I don't want to see it myself! Plenty of fried food for sale on the street. Everything is either full of sugar or deeped fried. We are going to stay in Rapid City at night so hopefully will be able to find some healther choices in the City. I am going to go as a passanger for the first time in 8 years. We are going to take my Road King as it is a little more comfy for long trips then DH Heritage. He has got it lowered so everytime you hit a bump it is like the street goes to my head. OUCH! Anyhow if any of you ever go to Sturgis let me know as I would love to meet you there. Yearly trip for us.

Well Biker Chicks keep on keep'n on and have a great day!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #1589  

Hey all had to post the increase in calories worked down 2 lbs this week! Keep on Keep'n on Chicks!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #1590  
Shooting Star

WHOOO HOOO Harley Mom!!!!

I am thinking of Sturgis for next year- though I would love to see Tom Petty this year I do not have my Harley yet!

I laughed at the TA what should NOT be shown LOLOLOL!!!
Closed Thread